AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe they are related because of the timing, location and combination. Saturday, Oct. 4 was the day of the first big LE-organized search. The location is totally unnecessary. Those items could have been easily disposed of curbside or in a city dumpster instead of out in the boonies. If a rural person needed to dispose of them, they would probably burn in a barrel or bonfire if they didn't put it in their big weekly bin. The items were something sentimental, something large enough to wrap, and something to clean up and have another drink after hard work. This is not in the Casscoe area.

I think that is what I am trying to get to-why dump items associated with Cassie's disappearance in that area at all if they could be disposed of a hundred different ways, including a barrel fire or something like that? Those items would easily be considered common refuse and would likely not even have caused a second glance if they were dumped in a dumpster or a refuse barrel at any point early on. Early on she was considered a run away.

Was the teddy bear smooth fabric or fuzzy...you know, like with fur? Did the Tshirts strike you as being small, medium, large, XL? It sounds like the toiletries were mens.

Fuzzy, like a dead muskrat, which is like a beaver with a skinny tail. The T-shirts were L, maybe M, mens. Yes, men's toiletries and shaving a head crossed our minds but we found no hair clumps.

Getting back around the point Oriah made about the FBI involvement-we have another thread going here on WS about a missing mother in MA who right out of the gate had the biggest resources available inside the state of MA who hit her case hard from the day she disappeared. To the tune of perhaps hundreds of thousands of dollars. 4 jurisdictions and no one seems to be asking why? What is it about her that drew such a massive immediate response?

Cassie's case is a case of a 15 year old runaway/missing child who seemed to be off the grid for a number of reasons and who has very little specific detail about her anywhere...information that would be essential for locating her but somehow isnt available. And in comes the FBI.

Why?

DARK brown fur about 16 inches tall. (We thought it was a dead muskrat floating on top, at first.) Light brown sweater embroidered Hugs and Kisses with red thread and a black moustachio. The two shirts had been men's shirts -- one a yellow men's Tshirt with the arms cut off, the other a white tank. Neither had print. The toiletries had been part of a black and white gift set (like you actually stick away in a bathroom drawer to take on a trip later) that were not a specific brand. Included aftershave, talcum powder and shave cream. (Did not find a razor, and we looked!) No toothbrush or toothpaste. One bag was a tote with a black and white damask pattern. The other bag was a duffel in great condition, leopard print (brown base with black spots), zip top, two exterior pockets. The blue Powerade bottle was lodge into roots at the bottom of a brush / tree clean enough to drink from again. The drape panels, folded on top of all these other things, were the biggest shock and what made me panic when the girls called me on the phone. They were beige with a thick woven texture, large round grommets on top (a weak 1/2" rod nearby). It had rained the night before, so they could have absorbed dirty water -- but none had visible blood on them. I really hope they were examined for hair and anything DNA!

That is a strange assortment of things!!

MOO!!

I think that is what I am trying to get to-why dump items associated with Cassie's disappearance in that area at all if they could be disposed of a hundred different ways, including a barrel fire or something like that? Those items would easily be considered common refuse and would likely not even have caused a second glance if they were dumped in a dumpster or a refuse barrel at any point early on. Early on she was considered a run away.

D-E-E-P-E-S-T W-A-T-E-R close to town. Only water deeper about 20 minutes away near Casscoe. During Thursday night rain, items could have been submerged and person doing the throwing wouldn't know they would show when the water receeded the next day.

D-E-E-P-E-S-T W-A-T-E-R close to town. Only water deeper about 20 minutes away near Casscoe. During Thursday night rain, items could have been submerged and person doing the throwing wouldn't know they would show when the water receeded the next day.

OK. But why drive somewhere or bike somewhere or walk somewhere to submerge evidence when you can just toss it in a dumpster on September 14 or 15 when everyone thought she was just a runaway? Two garbage collection days that week...in a trash bag and off it goes...

TY-Why would the date of the dump be either or those two dates?

If dogs had been barking at night for any of those houses, would it have caused a resident of the home to check it out? What I mean, is would it have been unusual?

Neighbor had taken picture in the same exact spot the day before as her duck hunters out-of-state wanted to know what the water levels were like as they we planning what date they would arrive to hunt. About barking, if it were a familiar pickup truck, they might not bark -- but anything unrecognized would bring on a suspicious bark. There's a danger bark for snakes, another go-away bark for other animals like skunks, barking to talk to other dogs in the distance, we have coyotes to howl at too. We have a pointer so well trained he doesn't leave the end of our driveway to pursue. There might be three vehicles a night on our loop of road that pass that don't belong to someone who lives nearby. There are more on a Friday or Saturday night when people might be trying to avoid the highway for alcohol reasons (teens dumping beer cans or even adults mixing drinks in their cars). It's too flat and barren where the roads are for teens to hide very long to go parking without being noticed for stopping.

OK. But why drive somewhere or bike somewhere or walk somewhere to submerge evidence when you can just toss it in a dumpster on September 14 or 15 when everyone thought she was just a runaway? Two garbage collection days that week...in a trash bag and off it goes...

My turn to ask a question! What was the exact date the POI was either put out of or removed from the household? Does that coincide with the dumping? Might those items be ones he left behind or needed to remove himself?

OK, so the items were dumped the evening of 10/3 or the morning of 10/4. Beer cans are sometimes dumped in the area and there is car/truck traffic of non residents because it is a way to avoid the highway. If there was a familiar truck involved, would that include any of the principals in Cassie's case? Would anyone of them be considered a friend or a frequent visitor? Thanks, got4. :blowkiss:

My turn to ask a question! What was the exact date the POI was either put out of or removed from the household? Does that coincide with the dumping? Might those items be ones he left behind or needed to remove himself?

You mean left behind and werent noticed by LE when they searched the house? So if BR (named suspect) had packed a bag including these items, I would have to ask why. Like, what was the point of packing these particular items. Two shirts and a mens toiletry set, a teddy bear and a backpack plus curtains and a bottle of powerade. No underwear or phone chargers...so it wasnt an escape kit likely. If it were evidence, I am still trying to figure out why it wouldnt have just been dumped in a garbage can or dumpster somewhere and why it would be in the water under the bridge. Unless the intention was retrieval?

Ugh.

Hiya, believe!
Something tells me those particular items located won't match up with the casscoe coords. But that's not to say they're not of great interest.
I'm still thinking the casscoe coords might be related to other items.
I wonder if there are other locals who have similar experiences, but have not felt comfortable sharing?

ETA: I've gotta run, but wanted to say I feel like local LE and federal LE seem to have a different take on Cassie's case. What do you think?
Also, has anyone wondered why federal LE became involved so quickly? It's not typical, it seems, in a missing 15 yr old, suspect runaway with a history. No crime scene. No evidence of foul play. No federal jurisdictional issues? What are we missing?

I think they Feds were involved early because the first inclination as to where she might be headed voluntarily, or with assistance, would have been SE Oklahoma. I know of three loving relatives (who visited Stuttgart before) living there, in contrast to the previously convicted biological father also being there in a town she was once familiar with. Little Rock (largest city to blend into), Russellville (childhood friend) and I- 40 continues on into Oklahoma. Almost no family here, lots of family there -- if trying to find a safer place to live.

Hiya, believe!
Something tells me those particular items located won't match up with the casscoe coords. But that's not to say they're not of great interest.
I'm still thinking the casscoe coords might be related to other items.
I wonder if there are other locals who have similar experiences, but have not felt comfortable sharing?

ETA: I've gotta run, but wanted to say I feel like local LE and federal LE seem to have a different take on Cassie's case. What do you think?
Also, has anyone wondered why federal LE became involved so quickly? It's not typical, it seems, in a missing 15 yr old, suspect runaway with a history. No crime scene. No evidence of foul play. No federal jurisdictional issues? What are we missing?

bbm

You know lots more about these situations than I do, Oriah, but I did wonder why they were down there so quickly. Did the Feds come down to rule out/in kidnapping? Do they have something on someone in this town that might be similar to what they've seen in this one? (If so -- us knowing so little -- what the heck coulle it be?) Does an agent live in Stuttgart or close & just called the guys in on this? Was Cassie (or a close look-alike) seen in another state, thus making it a multi-state situation? Could Stuttgart be a meeting/exchange location for sex trade?

It sounds like local LE is very receptive to questions or info on this one, one the one hand, but why do we know what seems so little and why have they said so little? Have they already seen something that makes them think little Cassie is already gone, so now it's only a search for her body and to watch for people who might be involved?

I'll stop now....

The gravel road-a vehicle is going to make a lot of noise driving on it, right? I am not familiar with that kind of gravel, I am sorry to say.

You definitely hear it anytime someone drives by, no matter how slowly. And trucks higher up off the ground sound crisper than a car, such as a sedan, sitting lower to the ground making a more muffled sound. (Never thought this hard about barks and gravel in 35+ years of living here.) B2 is hard to ride a bike on, and no fun to fall on. We have no natural rock in this Delta area. Gravel for roads gets shipped in -- appears as B2 grade in county budget. It is a gray granite chipped down to a durable size no less than 1/2". On private roads, you have to pay for it yourself -- part of why it is such a big deal to have trespassers mess it up -- especially four-wheelers that fling mud.

How soon did Cassie start home school to when boy toy of Mother moved in?
Did HE demand/suggest homeschooling? As a way to cut off Cassie and Mom socially? This can lead to depression itself.
Imo, not many parents are schooled enough to think that they can home school efficiently(I am a former teacher). How "fit" educationally were JC and BR to educate JC's daughter?

You mean left behind and werent noticed by LE when they searched the house? So if BR (named suspect) had packed a bag including these items, I would have to ask why. Like, what was the point of packing these particular items. Two shirts and a mens toiletry set, a teddy bear and a backpack plus curtains and a bottle of powerade. No underwear or phone chargers...so it wasnt an escape kit likely. If it were evidence, I am still trying to figure out why it wouldnt have just been dumped in a garbage can or dumpster somewhere and why it would be in the water under the bridge. Unless the intention was retrieval?

Ugh.

Did they search the house? I don't know, if they did, if they did forensically . . . and if there were any results. I never considered it a stashed get-away bag, but more of a transitional bag. Like needing to discard the drapes and bear before hair or body fluids (saliva) were sought, then changing shirt worn while manuevering body and maybe changing appearance. We know he got rid of the beard between interview and custody. I hate thinking about her being hurt or suffocated, but that bear could have muffled scream.

Maybe we can circle back to a few things we are starting to get pieced together-
There was a question about reports of fires and STM indicates that after Cassie disappeared, there was a fire at her house sufficient to draw SPD and SFD.

We have an open, responsive set of Local PD who seems to welcome any and all info. Seems like it would be easy to get some reports.

We have a first hand account of items located on a VI's property that warranted a phone call and a response from LE. Items that were removed from their location and bagged by locals. (Did anyone, including LE, take a picture of them where they lay?)

We have early on FBI involvement for an unspecified reason.

We still dont have an actual timeline, because it is all over the map depending on the person speaking.

So what do we actually have that is actually about Cassie, the little one who is missing? Some photos and a lot of guesses?

Did they search the house? I don't know, if they did, if they did forensically . . . and if there were any results. I never considered it a stashed get-away bag, but more of a transitional bag. Like needing to discard the drapes and bear before hair or body fluids (saliva) were sought, then changing shirt worn while manuevering body and maybe changing appearance. We know he got rid of the beard between interview and custody. I hate thinking about her being hurt or suffocated, but that bear could have muffled scream.

STM indicated that the house was searched. IIRC Twinmom indicated that LE came and got things from the house.

Certainly these items could have been transitional items, but I still cant envision a scenario where it is more likely that the person who had a hand in this crime would drive in an area that was almost guaranteed to draw attention and dump items material to this disappearance rather than burning them or ditching them in a dumpster with no high likely hood of them being found kwim?

How soon did Cassie start home school to when boy toy of Mother moved in?
Did HE demand/suggest homeschooling? As a way to cut off Cassie and Mom socially? This can lead to depression itself.
Imo, not many parents are schooled enough to think that they can home school efficiently(I am a former teacher). How "fit" educationally were JC and BR to educate JC's daughter?

Mom was homeschooled growing up in Oklahoma. 1998 court order told her to get GED within two years as part of probation. Arkansas only requires that parent register homeschool status with the district by Sept. 15 each year. No educational requirement. K12 computer classes are a common curriculum at home, with A Beka Christian close behind. But I doubt family had reliable internet service and / or computer or the money to purchase AB. I had Cassie for PART of 2011-2012 year in public junior high which almost coincides with when BR became "engaged" to JC. Even though BR has family here, he lists Mt. Vernon HS (Indiana? not Texas).

With sporadic or nonexistent internet access, my next question would be, "Did Cassie log in from the local library for her assignments?" When was she last seen there?
i get the feeling she was really cut off from things for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User1652735