AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious...how many of you call your daughters "baby girl" or know someone who does? I wouldn't find it natural to call my daughter that...I call them munchkin, banana, squirrel...lol. My girls are tweens. But I know lots of people have lots of different nicknames for their kids, so I'm just asking.

"Baby Girl" sounds okay to me -- it certainly evokes endearment, seems to me -- unless Cassie didn't like it, that is. If she said or seemed not to like it, I would try not to use it. It may have been a name her mom used from day one -- makes sense, and Cassie would know that, too.

I call my 33 y/o son, "Sweet Boy" from time to time -- and he seems to think it's okay, but he's heard it for 33 years!

Started thinking about Mack's and the hunters. There is no way JC will allow it to contain anything that does not imply she is missing rather than deceased,

I think that the fundraisers have been done in order to collect money for her burial (per the fundraising poster), so I dont think we have to worry about her objecting do you?

Refresher for sleuthers on the poster asking to raise money for the burial fund:

10557272_1531300507083899_5855589863068230652_n.jpg

Rereading the first thread is chilling, I have to say. Lots of good info there...a good refresher course on this case.

I'm confused. Missing rather than deceased as per her Mother, correct?
Just getting wording wishes clear in my head.
Sorry, but that also points to me at this time as a possible stall-not wishful thinking after all this time.

The "designation" problem came up about the time a local group through "Help Find Cassie Compton" page held a Halloween fundraiser for money that could be used for reward for tips, search expenses or FUNERAL expenses. JC came out on the following Sunday night on TV interview inside her home with different family-donated reward money for info resulting in her SAFE return totally disregarding how the FB group had tried to help two nights before. "Help Find Cassie Compton" page group broke apart when Klaas people came in with cadaver dogs, and "Find Cassie Compton" page emerged only allowing positive comments promoting porch lights for Cassie to see, balloon release, revised Missing flyers, etc. No comments are allowed that indicate Cassie could be deceased or the victim of crime within the home. Back to the DENIAL issue . . . .

I think that the fundraisers have been done in order to collect money for her burial (per the fundraising poster), so I dont think we have to worry about her objecting do you?

Case in point -- JC was very upset about the flyer and non-alcohol Halloween party at a karaoke club !!!

Did JC accept the money raised via the Halloween fundraiser, does anyone know? If not, did they give it back to the people who donated?

I kind of feel like we have multiple descriptions here-I have seen Cassie's eyes listed as blue, gray, blue-gray and blue/hazel. I am not sure what blue hazel is fwiw-I thought hazel was green and brown? Not being snarky, just want it nailed down.

Sorry for the following sarcasm, but I guess we are looking for a light eyed, sometimes light haired, 100 lb teen with scarring wearing something that probably includes a tank top, shorts and cowboy boots. (Outfit determined by process of elimination because she didnt have much in the way of clothing so mom gave it her best guess.)

I would think that Cassie's size and frame would make her easy to mistake for a child meaning someone much younger than her age, so people should give a second glance at someone with these features even if they look a lot younger than 15.

So is some of this confusion because of too many cooks stirring the pot? But I dont think I have seen any subsequent media where JC specifically states that she objects to her daughter's case being categorized as a recovery mission or that she is refusing fund raising on Cassie's behalf if it is done in order to bury her. I must have missed it.

I feel very sorry for this young girl
I do not think she had a good life!

I don't think so either, Eileen. I had an earlier post about why did she leave school early -- did she really have any close friends? Was she ashamed of her home, her mom, her clothes, possibly not ever having (AFAIK) money to participate in some activities, etc., her mother's recent living arrangement with a much younger man, her (possibly) being molested-or-whatever by him, etc., etc. In the few pics we've seen of her, there is, IMO, a bit of a wry look about her -- I see hurt and/or disappointment -- she may be going for that look or it could be genuine. Anyway, I have never seen her display (and I certainly could have missed a couple of her pics) joy or glee or contentment. But that's through my eyes, so FWIW.

Is this little girl no longer alive, or did she somehow hit the road, never to look back? And will we ever know?

(fat lot of help this post is, huh?!)

Did JC accept the money raised via the Halloween fundraiser, does anyone know? If not, did they give it back to the people who donated?

That's a TS question as she helped set up the bank account fundraiser money would go into. I hope it is still sitting there.

I would think that Cassie's size and frame would make her easy to mistake for a child meaning someone much younger than her age, so people should give a second glance at someone with these features even if they look a lot younger than 15.

So is some of this confusion because of too many cooks stirring the pot? But I dont think I have seen any subsequent media where JC specifically states that she objects to her daughter's case being categorized as a recovery mission or that she is refusing fund raising on Cassie's behalf if it is done in order to bury her. I must have missed it.

Subsequent media -- begging whoever was holding Cassie HOSTAGE to let her go. She's avoiding run-away status in that interview, too.

Today's flyer spotting -- Sunday dinner at the main Mexican restaurant. Flyer is posted where you definitely see it when walking out the door after dinner. There is a bulletin board on their "porch" above the local newspaper kiosk. It is one of the newer ones with smaller print, but in a good dry place where you can stop to read it. And then, Wal-Mart. It is on the large lost children board to the immediate left of the entrance. The bulletin board has 16 others lined up 4 rows and 4 columns -- then Cassie's is to the side by itself. Can't tell it's local unless you recognize the picture. It is the side-by-side version. Started thinking about Mack's and the hunters. There is no way JC will allow it to contain anything that does not imply she is missing rather than deceased, so giving info like Klaas did to me about what to look for in the woods won't work. One new idea though is -- can someone facilitate getting the "best flyer" blown up poster-size for the week of Wings Over the Prairie? Maybe Mack's, new McDonald's and Wal-Mart would allow an easel temporarily (just one week?) while Stuttgart swells to 50,000 people? Six big boards or even the roadside signs like we have for elections? This idea might be best steered back to the FB group who does have a graphic artist on board who might know the ARCO sign people downtown. . . . If we can get six poster boards, I know I can probably get one downtown in a dress shop or gift shop window.

Are there particular stores where hunters buy ammo or other supplies?

Are there particular stores where hunters buy ammo or other supplies?

Ammo and gear comes from Mack's Prairie Wings and Wal-Mart for the most part. There's a newer, smaller bait shop called Webb's. Realize that hunters are most active shooting at dawn and at dusk. They'll come into town for a hot breakfast (if their club doesn't have a cook), and they like to come back to town after dark for dinner and socializing (which WOtP week includes strolling the tents and carnival downtown). Restaurants already have the regular flyers up. There are two alcohol-involved activities with big crowds -- Sportsman's Dinner on Fri night and Duck Gumbo Cookoff on Sat afternoon -- but these two audiences might not be as receptive to serious information.

I'm confused. Missing rather than deceased as per her Mother, correct?
Just getting wording wishes clear in my head.
Sorry, but that also points to me at this time as a possible stall-not wishful thinking after all this time.

It could be a stall, but as a mom I don't think I could agree to a poster listing my daughter as deceased so soon after her disappearance.

You mean left behind and werent noticed by LE when they searched the house? So if BR (named suspect) had packed a bag including these items, I would have to ask why. Like, what was the point of packing these particular items. Two shirts and a mens toiletry set, a teddy bear and a backpack plus curtains and a bottle of powerade. No underwear or phone chargers...so it wasnt an escape kit likely. If it were evidence, I am still trying to figure out why it wouldnt have just been dumped in a garbage can or dumpster somewhere and why it would be in the water under the bridge. Unless the intention was retrieval?

Ugh.

New thought tonight as I re-read older comments -- What if the teddy bear was a gift from BR to JC or CC and she wanted to dump it to get rid of it along with a couple of his shirts and toiletries she didn't want left in her house? What if she removed the old beige drapes and replaced them with the (like) new blue / gold drapes you see in the TV interview with the well-worn Bible on the table? Not quite as interesting as items to transport a body, but had the leopard print duffel been Cassie's? And final question -- why the bridge location and not a dumpster? Had she been there before and returned to dump Oct. 4? If only the navy C.S.I. shirt were in there . . .

too bad LE can't make flyers to disperse, with the info THEY deem necessary, or provide a flyer of their own making, available to others so they can copy & disperse...it's really suppose to be about CASSIE, isn't it? For better or Worse?

All these people gonna be prowling the woods/lakes/etc and if they are not made aware that a young girl has been missing OVER two months, that is a tragic disservice to Cassie......for crying out loud, they are hunters, not a bunch of squeamish silly women fresh from the nail salon wearing stillettos
...what good eyes to have looking for any evidence/remains??

you know the one thing I don't quite get , is why didn't BR skedaddle on out of the immediate area tout de suite?? Why hang around if you are guilty of something, and basically have no string holding you back? He could be lost in , hmm, Kentucky or Tennessee by now.

And yes it is sad we don't know more about HER. Camping, bowling and fishing....yea, okay ..and where did we fish & camp??
Bless her little heart, you can tell she had a soft spot for the little pups she has on her FB

I don't know why anyone, especially her peer group, seems afraid to talk...its not like she has cooties already....maybe some of them HAVE had a talk with LE, we can only hope...

and maybe some parents in that town have taken some time to check our their kids FB's, that are wide open for anyone to see, I mean since there IS a young girl missing there under somewhat mysterious circumstances...I think I'd like to see what interesting things MY child has on FB...kwim?

What has BR been up to since leaving JC? Where is he now?
What has JC been doing lately? Actively participating in the search for her missing daughter?
Have any of Cassie's siblings been in town to help?
I'm nosy! But in a good way!

I wouldn't call it nosy -- I call it several good & pertinent questions. I was wondering what/where BR is doing/living, too. I also wonder what he was doing before he moved in with JC. And does he have a record? Cassie's siblings' whereabouts -- could be telling. Has JC appealed to them to come & help her look for/find her daughter?

Yes, in a good way!

I have been away for a few days. It makes me so sad to sign in after several days only to find nothing has changed. Where is this girl? Who was this girl? Why this girl?

poor Cassie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member