AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was more that he wanted to know who was calling her maybe he was jealous.
He is closer in age and maturity to Cassie than Judy.
to me this is a very disturbing relationship....

I agree. I think she was being abused. She looks so sad in all of her pictures and it breaks my heart.

If we cant expect any more relevant specific information from her mother, perhaps we can draw others who can tell us who Cassie is-the present day 15 year old who went to Derby and...fill in the blanks. WS is based on the premise of anonymity unless you self identify or choose to become a verified insider. Being a VI doesnt mean that *I* as a poster know who you are, simply that Admin knows who you are and what your relationship is to the case.

Please, please please-someone come on board who can give us some info on Cassie as she was at the time she was missing. She has been failed in so many ways-but there are folks eager and willing to help her find her way back in whatever form that may be. :blowkiss:

Unless LE is searching off the grid, I dont know if today is the day she will come home...I am sure they continue. Locals, let us know if you see Klaas Kids on the ground as well.

I have called my daughter baby girl. I have all sorts of affectionate nicknames for my kids. Baby girl is used when I am feeling particularly nostalgic for her younger years. She is my only daughter and when she is bereft (she is 14 btw) and I am feeling as if I wish I could go back to those simpler toddler times when life was less complicated I call her that.

I am troubled by the age difference of the adult household members and cannot for the life of me figure out what they could possibly share in common. I am really troubled by the seeming dynamic and the way this whole reporting of her missing thing went down. But the baby girl thing is not troubling to me.
<rbbm>

Understood. I do the same with my 20-year-old niece occasionally. Always will, I suppose.

I agree that Cassie looks sad in many of the pictures we have seen. :(

I still havent heard if there were or are any current Child Protective Services type cases open on her. If her case draws some more in depth journalism, perhaps they can get to the bottom of that question as well. Sometimes people head from one state to another to avoid contact with CPS. I can imagine that her mother's offender status caused some eyes to be on her. At least that is jmo.

O/T does anyone follow the Mama June/Honey Boo Boo saga? Mama June apparently has married two sex offenders in the past or has had children with two. We are also aware via msm that she appears to be dating another.

It is so weird to read a story like that and then realize that a similar set of circumstances are reflected in this story. Perhaps that is another hook for MSM in Cassie's case??

I can't help on the neighbors question. I know the house due east is falling apart and vacant. There is a gravel lot SE katty-korner at Ponders auction house. Police officers get to take their vehicles home, and one lives only three doors down across 15th street. I just don't know anyone by name that lives in view of their house. STM is a lot more helpful about location / observation. I swing through heading to Sonic these days . . .

The officer down the street from them probably isn't of much use. When off duty she is usually I've been told she just stays inside and plays video games, so there probably wasn't much chance for observation there. The neighbors across the alley from them are decent people that know HS pulls through the alley to pick her up. They are pretty observant when it comes to happenings outside of the home, but not sure about family dynamic or happenings inside the home. The neighbors across the street aren't the most upstanding contributors of society and I know of at least one house on that street that has been watched pretty closely by LE for drug activity.

I get you STM.
I would hope even the drug dealers or users keep what's left of their goodness and watch out for the kids.

The officer down the street from them probably isn't of much use. When off duty she is usually I've been told she just stays inside and plays video games, so there probably wasn't much chance for observation there. The neighbors across the alley from them are decent people that know HS pulls through the alley to pick her up. They are pretty observant when it comes to happenings outside of the home, but not sure about family dynamic or happenings inside the home. The neighbors across the street aren't the most upstanding contributors of society and I know of at least one house on that street that has been watched pretty closely by LE for drug activity.

BBM-that could be a pro especially if there are logs.

STM-have you heard of any further searching? The activity seems to have dropped off to nothing on the Find Cassie Compton FB page.

STM-have you heard of any further searching? The activity seems to have dropped off to nothing on the Find Cassie Compton FB page.

I haven't heard of anything else. I sent a message to the leader of the search group established at the community meeting a couple Sundays ago that Twinmom mentioned but I have yet to get a response back. I just asked if he could give me a quick fill-in of what was discussed, if there were any planned searches, and that searching King's Bayou is a must- since speaking with got4 about evidence found and BR's cemetery loitering. Both got4 and I have driven past King's Bayou and walked along it looking down where we could without the obstruction of brush. Unfortunately, I have two young children and my husband is putting in a lot of hours lately so I don't any time to get out and do much.

I would love to go back to this article...I think I am starting to understand more about the overall attitude regarding Cassie's disappearance. If our locals can weigh in on the divisiveness referenced throughout this article please?

http://www.fox16.com/story/d/story/klrt/17598/0Dnr2A4OUE-vwr6QhoJeFg

STUTTGART, AR - Residents of Stuttgart are putting aside their differences in order to grow their search effort to find a missing teenager.

And:
Community members admitted they gave into the rumors and gossip about whether Compton ran away or was kidnapped and why.

Dianne West, who stood by Judy's side, said too many people let their emotions control their words over the Internet.

"We did have a little friction and it's a lot to do with misinformation, not knowing, not realizing that people's past may be not what you think," West said.

This article was dated 10/18. That is almost 4 weeks of friction and misinformation.

Please be careful, the two of you, searching on your own...you never know what can happen in an area with underbrush or in the woods or in the water etc...not that I am telling you anything you dont know.

IHAVE- that was JC, it's on a pic on FB posted 10/31

wth can't any of Cassie's 132 FB friends SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HER? as a person, as a friend, as a family member? Huh??

i am so perturbed i could spit nails
WHERE is this child?

sre, your post made me start thinking about your questions -- they are the same questions I have pondered throughout this whole thread. We all wonder what it is that has made her friends so silent.

Are her friends holding back because they "don't want to get involved," or is it because they didn't know her well? At this rate we may never know, but she was at an age where close friends do share a lot -- or at least that's the way it was with my generation, back in the dark ages. Early and mid-teens are an emotional time -- we were all so scared of not fitting in with some group of kids.

Cassie left school early for some reason -- I don't think we know what it was, or at least I don't know what it was. Something convinced her to leave -- was it grades, snide comments about her wardrobe, was she snubbed or laffed-at by the "in crowd," comments about her mom, did she have BPD and was depressed thus making her reluctant to participate in things or to keep up with classwork or not participate in class, no boyfriend, "bad" or "not-cool" boyfriend, was she clumsy or klutzy, was she "over-ashamed" at her home situation, was she ashamed of her mom, and on and on. Was she afraid to be close to anyone? Not trusting for a good or imagined reason? Did she have anything to be proud of, or a talent for something that could make her special, but she de-valued it? This is all negative, I know, but it seems like she may have been in a real or imagined negative place.

If she was being molested at home, that would have to make her withdrawn and/or distrusting, seems to me. And if molestation was occurring, and she thought her mom knew and allowed it, how did that make her feel? SMH. I just don't know, and I'm distressed as are we all.

Just my thoughts...

I inquired at the bowling alley (had asked earlier way upthread how popular it was with teens...) Was informed at that time that it was quite popular and yes, Cassie had been seen there. And then was informed that no, there was no flyer up at that location.
I mean....really. Really??

bbm

WTF?!

Dayam.

I am not sure about Wal-Mart as they have sliding doors (and I tend to drop off someone to run inside for me on smaller trips). But I promise to check into it tomorrow. Most of the flyers I notice as being most visible are when there is aluminum frame construction where you pull a glass door toward you. Downtown stores were covered by the couple who ran the Donut Palace that very first week about Sept. 17/18. Right when her story landed on the front page of local newspaper. Mack's has sliding doors, but might suggest a B&W version that could be dropped in bags upon checkout. I do know a few restaurants also have her flyer at the drive-through windows to look at as you wait for your food.

Bless you for checking, got4 -- and your seeing them here & there is encouraging. Thanks for the legwork!!

OK-picking through more media:

Cassie was believed to be wearing a blue tank top, blue jean shorts and cowboy boots, her mother explained. She weighs 100 pounds and is 5-foot, 3-inches tall with a scar on the left side of her face. When she went missing her hair was blonde with blue/hazel eyes.

I wonder when the switch to blue plaid shorts.

(LINK HERE)

Bless you for checking, got4 -- and your seeing them here & there is encouraging. Thanks for the legwork!!

Today's flyer spotting -- Sunday dinner at the main Mexican restaurant. Flyer is posted where you definitely see it when walking out the door after dinner. There is a bulletin board on their "porch" above the local newspaper kiosk. It is one of the newer ones with smaller print, but in a good dry place where you can stop to read it. And then, Wal-Mart. It is on the large lost children board to the immediate left of the entrance. The bulletin board has 16 others lined up 4 rows and 4 columns -- then Cassie's is to the side by itself. Can't tell it's local unless you recognize the picture. It is the side-by-side version. Started thinking about Mack's and the hunters. There is no way JC will allow it to contain anything that does not imply she is missing rather than deceased, so giving info like Klaas did to me about what to look for in the woods won't work. One new idea though is -- can someone facilitate getting the "best flyer" blown up poster-size for the week of Wings Over the Prairie? Maybe Mack's, new McDonald's and Wal-Mart would allow an easel temporarily (just one week?) while Stuttgart swells to 50,000 people? Six big boards or even the roadside signs like we have for elections? This idea might be best steered back to the FB group who does have a graphic artist on board who might know the ARCO sign people downtown. . . . If we can get six poster boards, I know I can probably get one downtown in a dress shop or gift shop window.

I'm confused. Missing rather than deceased as per her Mother, correct?
Just getting wording wishes clear in my head.
Sorry, but that also points to me at this time as a possible stall-not wishful thinking after all this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member