AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can contact her, she was a close friend growing up. Am I just sending her some questions?

She should have copies of the police reports released to public that run every couple of days in the paper. Surely, she drops them all in a folder in her desk for future reference. When I was a reporter 20 years ago, there was a spot on the police desk I would check each morning for released reports. I would never know if something were being withheld. I could only work with what they gave me. Newspaper has policy of not naming people in misdemeanor cases.

Looking at your picture and comparing to Ski's map, where you drove is pretty far south of what is considered Casscoe. I am sure you are familiar with the drive approaching the Experiment Stations. The roads with clear passage N-S to River Road are Yoder, Tower, Rabeneck and then Daugherty (and you could go as far as Mitchell and Hwy. 33.) Cutting through one of these roads to get to / come from Casscoe makes a lot of sense ESPECIALLY IF MAKING A LOOP. For instance, I drove a loop recently needing to kill 30 minutes just to look at the waterfowl at sunset instead of going home before a ballgame.

I am sorry, I did not mean to imply that I was in Casscoe just that I was on a the section of hwy 153 that is included in her map. Hope that makes sense.
I agree using those cut through back roads would get you out of the Stuttgart area and in the Casscoe area quickly and virtually unnoticed .

This might not go over well with everyone but this is my very honest and sad opinion on what happened. I think there had been an inappropriate relationship between Cassie and BR, one that BR forced upon her, that had been going on for awhile behind Judy's back. I think it was able to carry on because JC was so heavily sedated all the time, especially at night when BR made sure she was knocked out. Cassie had a doctor's appt the Thursday before she went missing. Yes, she had a cold and went for that... but what if she got some additional news. She went with HS for the weekend to get away. She was quiet on the way home because she didnt want to go but HS had school the next morning so she couldnt stay but she didnt want to go home to that situation. BR obsessed over it all weekend figuring out ways to make the situation go away. Maybe JC knew, maybe she didnt. Cassie got home and the situation was taken care of.

I know we are not supposed to bring up certain situations pertaining to minors. But what if this is the sole reason that this all went down. We cannot deny that this is a very possible scenario. If this is too inappropriate then it can be deleted but this is my very honest opinion of what happened to Cassie.

I think it is a very good take on something that could have happened. Do we know who took Cassie to the doctor? I know at 15, I never went to the doctor alone. Also, this is just me thinking out loud but could the LE not subpoena her medical records, so something like this could be easily verifiable? Of course, if she just went for a cold, then you would wonder what would cause them to give her a pregnancy test. So many unanswered questions and no one close to her seems to even care.

A link that has proven valuable to me: www.oscn.net (The official courts network for State of Oklahoma). Click the tab at top labeled "Court Dockets." From there, choose left-hand menu item "Non-OCIS" counties (of which Marshall County is one). The search engine that appears is www1.odcr.com which is very easy to use to get to the case numbers and dockets. JKC and RWC Jr. (Cassie's biological parents) can be your first searches, but if you understand how to read a docket and see who was subpoena'd as a witness you can figure out (and find the divorce record for) the husband before RWC. He ALSO went to court for Lewd Molestation and was later charged with Failure to Register as a Sex Offender. Take note that when you see "DISMISSED" it does not mean the case was erased (that term is expunged) or the plaintiff was not guilty (acquitted). It usually means certain probationary terms were met, all fines were paid, or case was merged into another charge later in the record.

This might keep you busy until I get home from work today . . . . If someone likes writing FOI letters, here is more material to request from Marshall County.

am I reading this correctly?

JC had a previous husband (other than RWC) that was/is a sex offender, too?

:gaah:

TEARS.

In the hardest times of my life, during the worst circumstances, when I wanted to just cry - I did not. In my solitude, when I was sure no one would know, I braved the flood of tears in anguish - of tears that seemed they would never stop.

When I buried my Mother at 18 years old I am sure that to some I appeared to be strong. To others I may have seemed cold and unfeeling. Inside I was a mess.

Please stop judging this Mother's number of tears. This is what is meant by judging others - not judging another's actions, but judging their heart.

Don't do it.

:moo:

One thing you have to realize if that most of these people truly care about Cassie and what happens to her. Had this all a been left up to JC alone, even less than what has, would have been done to get word out about this child. Cassie turns 16 this week and this child deserves so much more than the card she got dealt.

MOO is that the mom's boyfriend perhaps started calling Cassie names or something along those lines for having spent time overnight with her friend, who happened to be a boy. It escalated, and something bad happened to Cassie. Maybe he was jealous, I don't know. It just seemed by the relatively fast time they were looking for her, that something was known, and trying to back track. I'm just not sure how he would hide a body, and that's why I go back and forth with a runaway theory too.

You know another thing that is odd, is that if JC is so religious then why was she living in "sin?" As most people would consider it, if they were overly religious. So much of this case is just puzzling.

It just dawned on me.....Brandon had Tracey's phone number.

I hadn't thought of the puzzling aspect of that until you brought it up...

why would BR have Tracy's number... Unless he occasionally took Cassie to and from Tracy's house...

even then.... Puzzling it is...

:waitasec:

I believe the parole was for another BR in another county. He would not still be in jail for the trespassing. Someone in our search group was told by an LEO that when their phones were confiscated that his contained numerous child *advertiser censored* images. I dont believe however that any of his charges are of public obtainment... or atleast I do not know how to acquire them.

If true...

this sickens me...:sick:

but doesn't surprise me....:(

thank you TupeloMz
that is sad, all the shying away...please someone there, take up the torch for Cassie... regardless of the outcome...regardless of what anyone thinks? She needs a loud local voice there

poor Cassie

am I reading this correctly?

JC had a previous husband (other than RWC) that was/is a sex offender, too?

:gaah:
That's how I understood it too.

If BR has presumed child *advertiser censored* on his phone, that's a federal crime

That's how I understood it too.

My goodness.... :what:

I know it is irrelevant (and not allowed) to this case...

But from a psychological view point... I would be very interested in learning about JC's background...(family dynamics, etc.)

Because I'm a weirdo, I googled the phrase "whisper in the wind" and the top result was a YouTube video of a wrestler named Jeff Hardy...it's apparently one of his signature moves. I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with Cassie but it's still disturbing.

Thanks everyone for your participation.

I am getting ready to send out a press release about Websleuths and Cassie's case.

It's Cassie's birthday Thursday. Let's hope we have some good news by then.

Tricia

My goodness.... :what:

I know it is irrelevant (and not allowed) to this case...

But from a psychological view point... I would be very interested in learning about JC's background...(family dynamics, etc.)

I know a judge would have to decide if this element is admissible in court, but it definitely bears study in that it shows an unhealthy pattern in relationships and makes me wonder about JC's life as a teenager like Cassie and what placed her in a position to make the same mistake twice (if not three times). For this to happen more than once, the odds of being unaware (as stated in Ch. 7 interview inside house) drops even more. I question her concept of what she thinks a "normal" family dynamic -- many of us raised with televisions in our homes saw "Leave It To Beaver," "Brady Bunch," "Family Ties," etc. But if from an overly religious household which didn't allow television (just a scenario, here), she might not know that extreme authoritarianism / submission can lead to a lifetime of dysfunction.

I was taken aback by the well-worn Bible on the table in front of blue-and-gold drapes interview where she shuffles flyers. The Bible may have been read cover-to-cover several times in hours of daily study with unguided interpretation. Was reading it an escape from mental or physical anguish? How well can she read for extended periods while heavily medicated? Were Scriptures ever taken out-of-context to justify abnormal behavior? I wondered if the Bible was hers alone, or could it be something highly sentimental from her own parent of family member.

Because I'm a weirdo, I googled the phrase "whisper in the wind" and the top result was a YouTube video of a wrestler named Jeff Hardy...it's apparently one of his signature moves. I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with Cassie but it's still disturbing.
I'm a weirdo too. Lol. [emoji3]

Planning to curl up with a good book today . . . hoping for new ideas or resources.

book cover.jpg

I think we can help you SMT with drafting something for your friend. :) I think if we can come up with something that changes the direction of the standard sort of cut and paste regarding her case, it would be great. If your journalist friend can give a high level regarding the public campaign so far including the booth and the number of flyers/fingerprint cards distributed that would be great. Another high level of the searches of course. But to me the "meat and potatoes" would be identifying clearly who hasnt been cleared IE: is it still BR and JC and where BR is exactly and why. If he is in custody still, and according to Vinelink he is, why is he in custody and is it related? If your friend could do a high level regarding past history in the house like domestic disturbance calls and CPS cases if they exist. I mean, who is this child? That is the key to finding her I think. Maybe we can gather other thoughts and streamline this for you.

I bet your journalist friend can get an interview with Detective Duke.

Good news about the press release!!

I know it's just a cliche that indicates a quiet movement, but I'm also a weirdo because I think that was a brilliant idea. There's some novels and song lyrics using that ax a title. Frayed Edges has a song that discusses the river's edge.

What kind of music did BR listen to? What were his hobbies? What was he 'in to'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhoDunnit2020