AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TupeloMz....may I ask , that is if you care to share...from your perspective and knowing the town and people there.....what is your thought on the general malaise attached to this case? Do people just not care, are they scared for their own daughters...what?? Do they think the perp is already locked up? Any uneasiness, people eyeballing people, wondering if they did it?? Do people even talk about it??

I will be happy to share my perspective and hope I can put it into words that make sense.
Part of the problem at first, IMO,was that JC wanted to only accept that Cassie ran away and lots of people did not believe that was the case so they shied away.
Then there was the BR angle that did not go along with a run away case so people shied away.
The police involvement was also a problem because they would leak a little information to certain people (such as phone pings) then deny it.
There is also a feeling, IMO, that to do very much for Cassie you need to be on JC's side so to speak and believe her story which, not many people do, so they shy away.
Add to all that, the misinformation and changing stories makes people shy away.
Lack of media attention and seeming lack of LE involvement does not help either.

I would also like to add that some ppl do believe the perp is locked up and that JC knows what happened to Cassie and they are just waiting for one or the other to crack. IMO

Considering the comments JC made about how everyone was leaving her out & taking over her daughter. Emphasizing repeatedly she is her daughter. I can see after that why some people may be hesitant to get involved.

This feels good, in a way. I kind of feel like we have ripped off the band aid here and we are really looking at what we have. Thank-you to everyone who is willing to strip it all down.

I appreciate Tupelo's perspective. I can see that. When I spoke with LE a few weeks ago, the person I spoke to expressed something very similar in that people seemed to be shying away. Tupelo has certainly shared some compelling reasons why.

I cant figure out for the life of me why the citizens of Stuttgart would be content knowing that a person they believe allegedly kidnapped, killed and possibly dismembered a child has a class C misdemeanor standing between him and the door.

got4lilgirls can pinpoint you to the area that was searched (Oct 4) because of phone pings. I am not as familiar with the area.

TY STM. I meant the location of any cell phone towers in and around Stuttgart.

If some of you are wondering about the "Hailey" being referred to here, it is a reference to the Hailey Dunn case. There are no words that adequately describe that epic heartbreak. It is very similar to Cassie's case only Hailey's mom couldnt for the life of her stop talking. IIRC. People have very very strong feelings about Billie Dunn and her own BR, Shawn Adkins

If some of you are wondering about the "Hailey" being referred to here, it is a reference to the Hailey Dunn case. There are no words that adequately describe that epic heartbreak. It is very similar to Cassie's case only Hailey's mom couldnt for the life of her stop talking. IIRC. People have very very strong feelings about Billie Dunn and her own BR, Shawn Adkins

I thought that was who it was, but I know more than one "Hailey" has gone missing. That is such a sad case and I REALLY hope that isn't what's happening here. Although, it's been awhile since I've read anything on her case, didn't her mom do stuff to raise awareness? I seem to recall her wearing a shirt with Hailey's pic on it but I could be wrong. She did seem to be in the spotlight (even if negatively). I don't even get that in Cassie's case on JC's part. It's like NO ONE is in the spotlight - sadly not even Cassie anymore. :(

I do have a question for everyone...How much can the public do without consent or help from the guardians/family members to aid in the search for Cassie? I know reaching out via social media and posting flyers is a way to help, but it makes me feel like it's not enough. I'd like to help more. Suggestions from people with experience in things like this? TIA!

I thought that was who it was, but I know more than one "Hailey" has gone missing. That is such a sad case and I REALLY hope that isn't what's happening here. Although, it's been awhile since I've read anything on her case, didn't her mom do stuff to raise awareness? I seem to recall her wearing a shirt with Hailey's pic on it but I could be wrong. She did seem to be in the spotlight (even if negatively). I don't even get that in Cassie's case on JC's part. It's like NO ONE is in the spotlight - sadly not even Cassie anymore. :(

I do have a question for everyone...How much can the public do without consent or help from the guardians/family members to aid in the search for Cassie? I know reaching out via social media and posting flyers is a way to help, but it makes me feel like it's not enough. I'd like to help more. Suggestions from people with experience in things like this? TIA!

There is a lot we can do-the sleuthing, maps, SAR threads are helpful because we have more time and resources than many jurisdictions if only because we get to pick and choose the cases we follow. In terms of outreach, it is a good plan to have a coordinated effort but in Cassies case, I think it would really benefit from outside influences. Until everyone on the hunt for her can sort through what is going on within those city limits, her best opportunity for recovery and visibility may come from outsiders. jmo. Reaching out is key-for example we havent heard any more about Klaas being on the ground there, but one of their Directors is a member here at WS. Perhaps reaching out to him will generate further attention from Klaas.

If I recall correctly one websleuth member tried to contact the local reporter for the SDL but was not successful.
I have met her a couple of times but do not know her although some of my friends do.
She was very involved and interested in Cassie and first and probably still is but my friends tell me she has a lot on her plate right now. Maybe someone could try to contact her again?
I am not volunteering but only because my friends who know her might not appreciate it, but just a suggestion.

I made a start on a map https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zZD4sPiErdd8.kT8Ty12c36ZM

Not a right lot on there at the mo, let me know if I have anything incorrect (I got what I could find from the media thread) And anything else that needs to be on there, let me know. TIA

(Just got home from basketball games.) This map looks pretty good. I think the general box is shifted a little too far to the south though, especially compared to what KFJ was holding up on the news clip. Is the yellow phone on your map an actual tower site? I am not familiar with triangulation, but can figure out how your box was derived between two towers? In my mind, I previously thought of there being a circle of something like 300 ft from specific tower that relayed ping. But if that is a confirmed tower, I would tilt the surface of dish a little more westward aiming at Daugherty Corner because I know the Ideker's reservoirs were hot spots and they are not inside your box. When traveling River Road, you have to slow down at Daugherty Corner. I have imagined Cassie's phone being tossed out of a moving vehicle's window while it slows down, just like when people toss trash out in the curve on our road.

There's been some mention of Cassie and HS being new-ish friends. Does anyone know the genesis of that friendship?
Was it a mutual friend? Was it church or FFA or other social environment? Was it BR or Judy and their relationships with other adults?
And another random question- do any of the homes in the area have swimming pools?

If I recall correctly one websleuth member tried to contact the local reporter for the SDL but was not successful.
I have met her a couple of times but do not know her although some of my friends do.
She was very involved and interested in Cassie and first and probably still is but my friends tell me she has a lot on her plate right now. Maybe someone could try to contact her again?
I am not volunteering but only because my friends who know her might not appreciate it, but just a suggestion.

I think I know who you're referring to and I want to say I reached out to her too via email and social media and got back ::crickets::...My former ADG contact hasn't responded either...So not sure what's up with that. We have to find "that" journalist...you know, a "hungry" one that is willing to be tenacious for Cassie! I understand it can be uncomfortable and awkward for locals to raise a stink...but I'm not a local, and if I can get a large enough group behind me, I'm more than willing to help in her search. All due respect to LE with their permission and hopefully their involvement we can whip up more searches...actual boots on the ground type thing. All due respect to JC but if she and her posse aren't willing/able to do something there are those of us that can and will (hopefully).

Words like "dismembered" really disheartens me. Why is that gruesome word being thrown around suddenly?

And I asked before, does anyone know if JC car was sniffed by dogs? Where was BR all night? What time was his phone pinged in Casscoe? How many good ol boys is he chummy with on the LE roster?

I want to blow this case up! Where is the FBI? Why aren't they at least coming out and saying "we are still working on it"? The silence is maddening.

I think I know who you're referring to and I want to say I reached out to her too via email and social media and got back ::crickets::...My former ADG contact hasn't responded either...So not sure what's up with that. We have to find "that" journalist...you know, a "hungry" one that is willing to be tenacious for Cassie! I understand it can be uncomfortable and awkward for locals to raise a stink...but I'm not a local, and if I can get a large enough group behind me, I'm more than willing to help in her search. All due respect to LE with there permission and hopefully their involvement we can whip up more searches...actual boots on the ground type thing. All due respect to JC but if she and her posse aren't willing/able to do something there are those of us that can and will (hopefully).
This is well out of JCs hands now. This is going to blow up and she's going to have to answer to it. I won't stop until we find Cassie. And when we do, the piper is going to come calling. The end~

I can contact her, she was a close friend growing up. Am I just sending her some questions?

There's been some mention of Cassie and HS being new-ish friends. Does anyone know the genesis of that friendship?
Was it a mutual friend? Was it church or FFA or other social environment? Was it BR or Judy and their relationships with other adults?
And another random question- do any of the homes in the area have swimming pools?

Looking around on some FB friends of Cassie I found that HS used to "date" one of Cassie's good friends a while back. I am figuring that is how they met.

This past week marks the third time I have been to Stuttgart since Cassie went missing. The second time I was there I drove back to Ms via hwy 130 to 153 then hwy 1. I got on 153 and at a certain point I got a very creepy feeling (that is the only way I can think of to describe it). So I actually turned my car around and drove through that area again slowly checking both sides of the road as closely as I could. I was so disturbed that I took a pic with my phone.( I will try my best to post the pic from my phone)
The hwy 153 area I was on is in the square marked on the map in skipaboo's post

Looking at your picture and comparing to Ski's map, where you drove is pretty far south of what is considered Casscoe. I am sure you are familiar with the drive approaching the Experiment Stations. The roads with clear passage N-S to River Road are Yoder, Tower, Rabeneck and then Daugherty (and you could go as far as Mitchell and Hwy. 33.) Cutting through one of these roads to get to / come from Casscoe makes a lot of sense ESPECIALLY IF MAKING A LOOP. For instance, I drove a loop recently needing to kill 30 minutes just to look at the waterfowl at sunset instead of going home before a ballgame.

I can contact her, she was a close friend growing up. Am I just sending her some questions?

That is great news STM.
Idk, what exactly to ask of her though...lol. I am sure several members here do and can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cweiss72