AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Um. I was trying to, um, mentally block it out.

But the Spanish- yay for Spanish! I know Stuttgart's hispanic population is not huge, but regionally and nationwide- that's a great addition.

Speaking of RSO's, I see that one is listed as having a place of work on W. Michigan. For some reason, that got me to wondering about transportation within Stuttgart- we talked about it awhile back, but I'm curious again about how most people who live and work in Stuttgart travel to and from work. Is it almost exclusively privately owned vehicles such as cars, trucks, motorcycles, suvs? Are motorbikes at all popular?

What would vehicle traffic have been like in Cassie's neighborhood, on a Sunday early evening?

We were sent another flyer to post on the page because they had to correct the last name of the Spanish part of the flyer. So now we have a revised new flyer for Cassie.. I'm not able to post the revised flyer from my cell phone from here, so if anyone would like to go to Find Cassie page and post here, please feel free. :happydance:

Yeah. Um. I was trying to, um, mentally block it out.

But the Spanish- yay for Spanish! I know Stuttgart's hispanic population is not huge, but regionally and nationwide- that's a great addition.

Sorry Oriah, do not mean to single you out, but I am curious. Is the CFSI not a good thing? If not I wish I had known sooner. .....

Re: CFSI. I'm super glad to see Cassie's poster in Spanish as well as English; but I do want to clarify that not all SAR groups are alike (often a good thing, sometimes not) and I believe CFSI operates independently from LE? My understanding is that they have volunteer coordinators who are assigned the position of intermediaries between their investigators and LE. It is also my understanding that their investigators are not LE either? I don't know that much about them, so anyone please jump in if you know anything.

I do get a little concerned, however, whenever there is a disconnect or several levels removed between SAR and LE. It seems to muddy things a bit.

Anyway, I'm open to any correction if I have a misunderstanding of how they work.

The Center for Search & Investigations (CFSI) assists & trains families and communities in facilitating the search and location of missing children worldwide in order to safeguard children from abduction, child trafficking & exploitation. The Center for Search & Investigations is an approved 501(c)(3) Non-profit organization. CFSI has a STRICT NO-CONTACT policy concerning children. All current and future members of CFSI Leadership are subject to a criminal background check.

CFSI have had many located safe across the USA to me maybe something will happen. Even if local LE becomes re-engaged. She is 16 they should be really worried about her even if she ran away. Which I'm worried she didn't
Jmo
Would love to hear other opinions though.

That's ok, I appreciate the honesty. Let's just say we did not have a good experience with them on Hailey's case.

I know it can be so frustrating and difficult to have to weed through all of the different SAR approaches out there- and when there's a missing child that needs attention, like, yesterday...no time to lose. But unfortunately, SAR is like every other specialty- there are groups that are really good at what they do, groups that are not so much, groups that mean well but struggle with skills or resources, groups that are in it only for the 'glory'....it's definitely a buyer-beware world. Unfortunately. Because typically the people in need of SAR resources usually do not have the time or opportunity to do research, kwim? So they take whatever comes their way- understandably so.
Unfortunately, many MP cases fall prey to some not-so-good groups.

That's kinda why I've been inquiring about KK, and where they went. There are some good, big, orgs out there. Why are they not involved in Cassie's case?

It is cases like Cassie's that really need good, strong, really, really reliable SAR with a lengthy reputation. Because everything else in her case is already so circumspect, kwim?

Sometimes the orgs I'm referring to need to opt out of cases- either because family or LE isn't working together with them, or because one or the other become POI's, that sort of thing. And sometimes, that's when the not-so-reputable groups come in.

It's not a good system at all, and leaves the victim- the MP- falling into yet another gap. :( JMVHO

CFSI have had many located safe across the USA to me maybe something will happen. Even if local LE becomes re-engaged. She is 16 they should be really worried about her even if she ran away. Which I'm worried she didn't
Jmo
Would love to hear other opinions though.

We all should absolutely be very concerned about Cassie, whether she ran away or not.
In fact- if she ran away- her odds of returning home safe and unharmed at this point are about as good as if she were abducted by force.

Runaways get hurt, plain and simple. :(

I'm very excited for the new set of fresh eyes looking at Cassie's case. Praying that some answers finally come to light.

More eyes never hurt. I just hope that for Cassie's sake, all eyes are on one another as well as on the lookout for Cassie. Everyone needs a watchdog, afterall.

A good checks and balance is to cross reference 'advertised' recovery stats with info from an independent and verified source in the SAR community- often government and LE sources are useful for this. And it's good to know how a SAR group came to be involved in a case- who called them, or did they call in themselves? Have they provided references of PD's they have worked with successfully in the past? Have those PD's or jurisdictions been contacted about the group? What resources do they have available for the specific type of MP case? All those sorts of things, good to know.

I'd also be interested to know if any of the RSO's in town might have frequented places Cassie was known to have been or gone, such as church, or ballgames, even the derby. Or if one worked in a store she frequented, or lived in or very nearby a residence or place of business she frequented.
Yes not being from the area would like to know this also.

When I started doing a little research on the RSO's, I ended up in Dewitt (was thinking about the derby)- the RSO list around there is quite daunting. There do seem to be quite a few living in clustered housing. I'm guessing some of these are halfway houses. Somehow from there, I ended up back in Stuttgart and the local food bank ministry (?) not sure what it is officially called, and began wondering about the transient population in Stuttgart. And considering one of the suspects was arrested for trespassing (squatting) well- what is that population like? The homeless population?
Just some info I don't think we've talked about much before.

couple of possible shelters- if currect
Arkansas County pg 2
http://humanservices.arkansas.gov/dco/dco_docs/ArkansasHomelessShelters.pdf

I wonder if there was any transient population at the time Cassie went missing...are temporary workers hired for any of the farm/seed/grain harvesting?

And as far as the RSO's...interesting...

also, did anyone ever notice that someone came up being gone any that next week? Like just out of the blue oddly took a day off work or wasn't around, or anything just different feeling?

Sorry Oriah, do not mean to single you out, but I am curious. Is the CFSI not a good thing? If not I wish I had known sooner. .....

IMO this case needs any and all the help we can get! It has fallen off of the radar and I am thrilled to see this progress! If CFSI helps find Cassie, the organizations can argue about if it was handled correctly, AFTER THE FACT! Good Job, Tupelo and bigheart!!!

IMO this case needs any and all the help we can get! It has fallen off of the radar and I am thrilled to see this progress! If CFSI helps find Cassie, the organizations can argue about if it was handled correctly, AFTER THE FACT! Good Job, Tupelo and bigheart!!!

I couldn't agree with you more! CFSI has located MANY missing children and I'm sure they're some they have not been able to locate, but I'm sure that is with any of these organizations (JMO) This case needs fresh eyes on it and I'm very thankful for this. Many of us have worked really hard to get something else done other than what's been getting done. My prayers are with CFSI as they try to find Cassie.

We were sent another flyer to post on the page because they had to correct the last name of the Spanish part of the flyer. So now we have a revised new flyer for Cassie.. I'm not able to post the revised flyer from my cell phone from here, so if anyone would like to go to Find Cassie page and post here, please feel free. :happydance:

10647185_1551640901716526_8477612191442756863_n.jpg 10675630_1551640935049856_1489817847223799114_n.jpg 10686645_1551640968383186_4650043773629864081_n.jpg

Find Cassie Compton Image link

couple of possible shelters- if currect
Arkansas County pg/humanservices.arkansas.gov/dco/dco_docs/ArkansasHomelessShelters.pdf

I wonder if there was any transient population at the time Cassie went missing...are temporary workers hired for any of the farm/seed/grain harvesting?

And as far as the RSO's...interesting...

also, did anyone ever notice that someone came up being gone any that next week? Like just out of the blue oddly took a day off work or wasn't around, or anything just different feeling?

Thanks sre.
I'm about to reopen the SAR thread. Would you be so kind as to put up your coords there, as well as the RSO coords that you're interested in? I've got a couple grids underway. Believe09, I think you had a couple as well? TIA.

That's kinda why I've been inquiring about KK, and where they went. There are some good, big, orgs out there. Why are they not involved in Cassie's case?

Respectfully snipped for space.

I know many of the bigger MPOs aren't involved in many cases simply because LE or family haven't reached out to register their missing loved one. It's not good business to chase down families asking them to register, it doesn't reflect well, much like ambulance chasing. Especially with so many cases out there-ones the MPO is already working & new ones open every minute. How do they know who is already registered so as not to put their foot into another MPOs case much less how do decide which case to take making the other families wonder "why not me?" This all of course while they're attending to other cases. IMO they work what they have & when a family goes through the registration process and asks for help they're there ready to do. It also shows some sort if intent when you register-ie your missing loved one is an adult & you waive liability to sue should it be that they needed space but you put them on blast to the nation or you're responsible for that person being missing-but you sought out an MPO-was it a reputable MPO or one that is known for inaccuracies? Just what I've seen in my 5-6yrs around here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop