AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if riding atv's or going mud bogging/riding the backroads is a fun past time for the small town teens? Wonder if Cassie liked to do that sort of thing? Surely she had something in common with her peers.

Re: the house BR was squatting at, in the Stuttgart FD facebook page, there are pics of the fire. Are firehouse calls logged like police calls?

There are several ways to get the address-there should be call logs for the FD, incident reports for the PD, FOIA for BR's arrest and FOIA for his court case. Tupelo showed us how easily you can walk in and get it. It is a little more complicated when you make the request from afar.

Refresh me...maybe Vail will know after organizing all of that information-were there any PD/FD logs published in the Stuttgart Daily Leader for the incident where he was picked up? I mean, that is an event kwim? They published the story about the hoax call from the teenager regarding Cassie's whereabouts. This is a bona fide arrest and conviction for someone who is a named suspect in the case.

I do think we need something truly definitive to start Cassie's timeline. Liking another post prior to her disappearance is something, but we have also been told that the password to her facebook page was given out which means someone had that password prior to her disappearance.

SPD says no one has been cleared at this point. The pool is still wide open then....

Poking around facebook, i saw something really odd. I can't post a screenshot darn it. But.... Cassie was tagged on 9/17/14, and a reply in the comments noted that she hadn't been seen in a month. My head cocked to the side like a curious labrador......

I remember that post-I will have to check and see if I have it in my screenshots. Bizarre.

Well, I went through everything from mid Nov. through early Sept. and there is no police report summary for Cassie's disappearance OR anything resembling BR's arres other than the story highlighted below. The links to reports around Cassie's disappearance are linked below. My guess is LHK didn't add the report to the log since she did a feature on it instead (oversight if so). For BR, IMO he was tracked down to that location and arrested - it was not called in, though I am not clear on if the reports the SDL publishes are just incident calls or if they include all reports.

I have added the media timeline with quotes compiled here

I am happy to repost it here if it makes it easier to quote from

I remember that post-I will have to check and see if I have it in my screenshots. Bizarre.
I think Cassie spent some time during summer in OK, and I'm sure that's what was meant.

However, the weird part was tagging her, and also then saying the FB account was hacked. Those are both odd behaviors after she was reported missing, and I am not able to rationalize them. Would love your thoughts on that. I screen shot them for preservation.

Saying a FB account was hacked doesnt make it true and it doesnt really make the words go away....I mean we know that. I wonder if these folks realize that we are paying close attention because there seems to be a gap that needs to be filled in order to get Cassie the time and attention she deserves. We have a shocking lack of concrete, credible evidence of anything related to her disappearance, including what she looked like when she disappeared.

Did JC see Cassie before she left that weekend? Who else saw her? Those days went by with no selfies and tweets and instagrams to memorialize them? I call shenanigans on that one. Either there are pictures of Cassie with her friends at derby, or she wasnt there. JMVHO. There isnt a kid alive, practically, who doesnt memorialize every moment and post it on a social media platform. :) Adults too.

All we know is that no one has been cleared and that BR and JC are suspects as well.

UGH.

I am looking forward to finding out where BR was when he was arrested and why he was at that particular spot. I think he went to see someone he knew-I thought we might be on to something when it seemed possible that JC was involved in his arrest for trespassing.

Where did we get the info that he set fire to the place where he was squatting?

Bumping for our girl! [emoji177]
This weekend, I was working with a young girl named Cassie who was almost identical to our Cassie Kay. She was perhaps a year or two older, but the resemblance was so striking - I hope she didn't notice my staring! It's moments like this that the people of Stuttgart need. They need reminders of Cassie thrust at them so they're unable to do anything but remember and think about our Cassie. Has anyone contacted local media? I think specific names of people who might take this on were mentioned upthread - I'd do it myself if I were in the same corner of the world as you all!

Where did we get the info that he set fire to the place where he was squatting?
Respectfully snipped....

I got the info from here. Not helpful. Sorry.

So if BR was trespassing somewhere and set fire to the property where he was, that is a pretty violent event. I would think, anyway. Stuttgart is not a big town. Unless this is a regular occurrence, and maybe it is, I would think this event alone would generate some media. With a follow up on his arraignment, trial and incarceration.

Is anyone else seeing what is wrong with this picture? Its not just that no one is talking-it just seems to me that those who ARE talking arent talking about the right things. IMO.

So many people like BR for the bad guy but I am going to have to conclude that there is nothing that actually points to him other than he is a weird guy who gets in trouble with the law. The media isnt really impressed with his crazieness post disappearance. I wonder if any of them would pursue him to get his side of this story. JC has accused him of a lot and positioned him to be the bad guy in the house. She has forced him out and pretty much told the world it was his badness that drove Cassie away.

Maybe it is his turn to talk to the press. Now that's an angle....

It seems as though I recall that BR started some kind of fire in the yard at JC's house before he was arrested and the house he was squatting in when he was arrested had some previous fire damage that BR did not cause.
That is the way I remember things but I will look back and see if I can find the information.

So if BR was trespassing somewhere and set fire to the property where he was, that is a pretty violent event. I would think, anyway. Stuttgart is not a big town. Unless this is a regular occurrence, and maybe it is, I would think this event alone would generate some media. With a follow up on his arraignment, trial and incarceration.

Is anyone else seeing what is wrong with this picture? Its not just that no one is talking-it just seems to me that those who ARE talking arent talking about the right things. IMO.

So many people like BR for the bad guy but I am going to have to conclude that there is nothing that actually points to him other than he is a weird guy who gets in trouble with the law. The media isnt really impressed with his crazieness post disappearance. I wonder if any of them would pursue him to get his side of this story. JC has accused him of a lot and positioned him to be the bad guy in the house. She has forced him out and pretty much told the world it was his badness that drove Cassie away.

Maybe it is his turn to talk to the press. Now that's an angle....

I wouldn't say in normal places that it is a "pretty violent event" but maybe in Stuttgart it is. Considering that they are a small town. But even in a city this would result in a small piece in the paper similar to a want ad of sorts. I know even in the small town paper where I live (in case anyone forgot my town is even smaller by thousands than Stuttgart) this stuff is covered within the week. IMO the LEAST that should be happening now that BR is out is that the reporter that ran the story with JC talking about the letter she sent to BR telling him to stay away should be contacting him for comment & his side of the story. IF he refuses, report that? In the least you could report the no comment, get an update from LE and more awareness for Cassie. I think I will tweet about this today.

It seems as though I recall that BR started some kind of fire in the yard at JC's house before he was arrested and the house he was squatting in when he was arrested had some previous fire damage that BR did not cause.
That is the way I remember things but I will look back and see if I can find the information.

Yes I recall the same. I believe it was one of our VI's- STM maybe? Who had a father that had property down the street and saw some commotion.

If BR is in fact in DeWitt maybe their newspaper and or reporter is the one to contact to get an interview with BR? Does DeWitt even have a newspaper?

Oh I don't tweet just one, I make them all feel special and send them each a little message. Each anchor and Station, just to make sure they know I know someone did see it! ;)

I recall that also. Not sure I read believe's question correctly. He was found squatting in a previously burned house. .oO(That must have been pleasant)Oo.

Stuttgart is in the middle of a snow storm right now-3-5 inches predicted today. Does anyone know what happens on snow days? Do people hunker down or are they out sledding etc? Do the schools shut down like in Georgia? I was talking to someone in the area and they said it was pretty quiet but they arent a local.

I recall that also. Not sure I read believe's question correctly. He was found squatting in a previously burned house. .oO(That must have been pleasant)Oo.

Ahhhh-so he didnt start a fire in the house where he was alleged to be squatting. LOL...it's like a game of telephone. I guess that is why it is good to have everything sourced wherever we can.

If BR is in fact in DeWitt maybe their newspaper and or reporter is the one to contact to get an interview with BR? Does DeWitt even have a newspaper?

I really hope he does this. He is entitled to a say.

I received a response from Ken Buffa from Kark4 & Fox 16 asking me to email him. I sent him a short email but want to follow up with some things I think that he could look into that are more media appropriate. Thoughts from you all my friends?

I received a response from Ken Buffa from Kark4 & Fox 16 asking me to email him. I sent him a short email but want to follow up with some things I think that he could look into that are more media appropriate. Thoughts from you all my friends?

What all do you plan on asking him?

I'd like to know

-where BR is living since his release.
-if there are any pictures of Cassie at the derby in Dewitt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics