AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the FB people will see it. :)
Also, there is a new profile pic up since today makes 3 months that she has been missing. It would be great if people would make it their own profile pic... if only for one day to show support.

Cassie's name has become common in our home, even one of my sons (he's 10) asked what he could do to help. I wanted to tell him, "never leave the house so I don't worry!"....*sigh* I believe we'll either get crafty and make her one for our tree or I'll order one with her name. Great idea, GigTu!

Cassie is weighing pretty heavily on my mind/heart this morning. I can't believe we're still struggling, 3 months in, to even get the basics facts regarding her disappearance. That said, I feel fantastic progress has been made in the last week or so. THANK YOU to all that have been involved in working behind the scenes to help find Cassie. I'm still hoping with everything I have that she'll be found safe or let someone know she's okay soon (this minute!).

I truly, so deeply, wish LE would make any sort of statement. Even just that they are still working on Cassie's case would satisfy me at this point. I pray their silence is because any limelight would be counterproductive. However, my instinctive side says their silence is actually because they just want this to go away.

got 4 , you talking bout that MB one out Cooks Lake , little past the water tower?
And the other on Park, in town, , maybe?

Yes, on the Cooks Lake. (MB, not the Methodist one with a cemetery.) But on Park, no. There's another MB closer than that on more residential street.

iPad art. please feel free to reuse.
image.jpg

did LE ever verify the 'going to get cigs' text as the last communication Cassie supposedly made after supposedly leaving the house?
Could she have made that text to HS, as a snarky remark to him, because he wouldn't stop some where for her? like, 'well I am going anyway, na na boo boo'
Did HS know she smokes & did she smoke at their place, or was the text totally out of character?
If indeed that was her text, and all she took with was her phone, what about a lighter? Did she have a particular one? ... if so where is it? Or did she use matches?Unless things are diff there in Ar. they don't give a book of matches out any more....

Does JC know she supposedly smoked and did she allow it in/at her home?

And like how hard is it for someone who knows WHERE Cassie might buy/get smokes, to let it get slipped out, so if it was true, a better idea might be had as to what direction she could have been traveling.....assuming this part of the story is even true?
AND did she even get there, where ever the heck there is??

:banghead:

All very good questions. As far as I know, the source for cig text from Cassie's phone is the S family in CNN interviews. I have never seen it verified by LE.

As to the rest to my knowledge they have never been addressed by anyone either publicly in MSM, publicly on social media or even addressed as rumor of any type. It is absolutely maddening.

:banghead:

All very good questions. As far as I know, the source for cig text from Cassie's phone is the S family in CNN interviews. I have never seen it verified by LE.

As to the rest to my knowledge they have never been addressed by anyone either publicly in MSM, publicly on social media or even addressed as rumor of any type. It is absolutely maddening.

This will take some deep reviewing, might even be in the 10-minute WebExtra for FOX16 (for which there is no written transcript), but somewhere JC states that Cassie did not like the brand of cigarettes used by the 'parents' in the home. So we know JC was aware of Cassie's smoking. (If text had been sent to MOM when waltzing back out the door, I would see that as a swift attempt to avoid a verbal argument about getting permission to leave house again.) And I don't remember the text specifically saying going for 'a pack.' If she liked higher-quality cigarettes (maybe the 'parents' bought a generic or cheap brand by the carton), I wondered if there could be a neighbor who would let her have a couple of individual cigarettes just for that night. It might explain why entire purse wasn't carried . . . .

Now I am wondering if shorts had pockets? To put a pack of cigarettes and lighter in? Were the shorts gym shorts or 5-pocket shorts (like jeans/denim)?

If anyone ever finds that verification/comments by JC about the cig preference please link it. I will spend some time trying to nail it down.

I was half wondering if Cassie's "moody" walks were related to the idea that while her mom may have known that Cassie smoked she may not have necessarily condoned it or allowed her to do so in her presence or home. But if what you recall about the statements by JC is correct, got4, then it would strongly imply that Cassie was allowed to smoke within the home, which would shoot down my theory about the described "moody" walks being related to the need to leave the home for periods in order to smoke a cigarette.

I happened to be traveling thru DeWitt yesterday and noticed the local grocery store "Piggly Wiggly" had a missing flyer for Mr Gibbs on the entry doors at eye level but nothing for Cassie.....

This will take some deep reviewing, might even be in the 10-minute WebExtra for FOX16 (for which there is no written transcript), but somewhere JC states that Cassie did not like the brand of cigarettes used by the 'parents' in the home. So we know JC was aware of Cassie's smoking. (If text had been sent to MOM when waltzing back out the door, I would see that as a swift attempt to avoid a verbal argument about getting permission to leave house again.) And I don't remember the text specifically saying going for 'a pack.' If she liked higher-quality cigarettes (maybe the 'parents' bought a generic or cheap brand by the carton), I wondered if there could be a neighbor who would let her have a couple of individual cigarettes just for that night. It might explain why entire purse wasn't carried . . . .

Now I am wondering if shorts had pockets? To put a pack of cigarettes and lighter in? Were the shorts gym shorts or 5-pocket shorts (like jeans/denim)?

I remember hearing/ reading JC stating that about Cassie not liking the brand of cigarettes the "parents" smoked too. I'll see if I can't help you locate this

alrighty then. Feeling rather helpless. When helpless I seek quotes and facts and try to sift those from the less credible or verified information. I compare direct quotes and statements to find those holes.So that is my mission today. Direct quotes and facts, disputed and undisputed.If some is helpful to others then so much the better but really this is just for my own organization and out of a need to DO something, if only for my own clarification of the facts. Bear with me guys.

yeah... okay, now I recall something along that line too, about the house brand she didn't 'like'...i recall that, thinking, well hmm

where'd we all see/hear that ?? Yeah it is just these little tings 'we' know, that am trying to put a puzzle together with and find the missing pieces...they are there, but where

tlcya...she could have still taken those 'walks' to avoid a parental stare down & eavesdropping if she was talking on the phone...
good grief someone please rise up and admit to seeing her walking around, if she really did...I'd love to know her 'route'

I truly, so deeply, wish LE would make any sort of statement. Even just that they are still working on Cassie's case would satisfy me at this point. I pray their silence is because any limelight would be counterproductive. However, my instinctive side says their silence is actually because they just want this to go away.

BBM - Remember, after the young Stuttgart man was shot, the asst. chief of police held a press conference to disspel "rumors on social media" regarding that case? I had hoped if there was enough "noise" made regarding Cassie's disappearance that they'd feel the need to do that again. It seems gossip/rumors are a motivating factor around there. I apologize if that sounds snide, but it just makes no sense to me. IMO, it doesn't appear that they held that press conference to be productive in the investigation into the shooting or provide useful updates, but more to defend one of their own/their department. To me it seemed unprofessional, did not instill confidence in me back then, and definitely doesn't now.

saucy, there don't seem to be a lot of rumors/gossip floating around out there that I can find...nothing workable for me....it is so quiet on this case
huh maybe there needs to be some pot stirring to get le speaking, if that is so 'important' to them

Ok, SAR people. Here's an idea a couple of us have visited, and I don't know where to toss the idea. There's supposed to be an "inner circle" committee who planned to conduct more foot searches. The possibility of looking more closely at King's Bayou came up after the volunteer search orientation briefing said BR had asked about traffic flow on Lone Tree (Cemetery) Road. We joked we would need a canoe. Myself and another lady have glanced from the bridge area, but there is SO MUCH BRUSH as this water is actually a man-made cut canal pulling water away from the local sewer treatment plant on 10th St. at the railroad.

To burn off brush at the edge of a field in spring, a farmer can pull a propane tank along with "fire on a stick" to get rid of dead vegetation. Burning brush could destroy DNA or clothing evidence, so I get that isn't a brilliant idea. But at least we might find skeletal remains and know a crime was committed. Trying to think with a little more sanity . . . I have seen prison labor used (with guards on horses) in Saline County to clear a canal of brush where there was a problem with flooding, in part, due to beaver dams. Prison labor was also used in Lonoke County to take down brick following a fire in an old downtown block. What if clearing out King's Bayou benefits the public and benefits the investigation? I can't even figure out if that is a city or U.S. Corps of Engineers project. And what would it take to throw that project together?

Anyone with SAR background, please chime in!

I am struggling through the videos attempting to find the exact marker where JC may have addressed the cigarette/smiking issue. Stupid video keeps wanting to rebuffer and takes forever to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GregoryImmep