AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely their problem. But it is the org/ parent/guardian/ LE responsibility to own that info. Because we are talking about something very serious here...a missing child.

If it is possibly inaccurate info, NamUs has inaccurate info.
And we have a missing child that is wearing flip flops, not cowboy boots. Kwim?

So the need to know who is responsible for that sort of dispersal of info is important.
Again as I stated, the information I got regarding her clothing was verified from her mother. I would like to think that NamUs verified all other information that was entered with LE. And I'm aware that this is serious, that it is a missing child. That's all I've got regarding the NamUs. If her clothing being verified from her mother isn't accurate information, then nothing will probably ever be accurate or confirmed for this case and that is sad. And the only information that Namus had to verify with was MD (the investigator working Cassie's case). I I made sure I gave accurate information the best of my knowledge. That's why with NamUs you give the investigators information so that the information can be verified. So to my knowledge the information was verified with MD.

Did you get a chance to talk to Stuttgart PD or Detective Duke before you put the info into NAMUS, bigheart? I may have missed that piece of the conversation.

I just want to step back a moment-when you say you got the clothing info that you entered into NAMUS from JC. Did you get it directly from her? As in she told you Cassie was wearing blue and gray cowboy boots with a 2-3 inch heel for example? And blue and white plaid shorts, not teal and white or blue jean as has been reported before?

bigheart, I understand....but why did Cassie's mother not enter this info into NamUs herself?
Please understand that all I am saying is that accurate info is very important in a missing person investigation. JC has not been ruled out as a suspect in Cassie's disappearance.
That makes any info passed along (sourced or corroborated by JC) kind of not... verified. So how can we help find Cassie, if we have no source of truth?

bigheart, I understand....but why did Cassie's mother not enter this info into NamUs herself?
Please understand that all I am saying is that accurate info is very important in a missing person investigation. JC has not been ruled out as a suspect in Cassie's disappearance.
That makes any info passed along (sourced or corroborated by JC) kind of not... verified. So how can we help find Cassie, if we have no source of truth?

I can't answer for JC, just like I can't answer as to why her stories have changed numerous times. To register a missing persons with NamUs you don't have to be a parent or LE. And I'm aware that JC is still considered a suspect. You're all free to contact LE personally for your concerns that you all have. I've answered your questions to the best of my knowledge. Being since it's been stated JC and BR were the last to see Cassie and being JC and BR are still considered suspects, then our source of truth is unfortunately limited it seems.

I just want to step back a moment-when you say you got the clothing info that you entered into NAMUS from JC. Did you get it directly from her? As in she told you Cassie was wearing blue and gray cowboy boots with a 2-3 inch heel for example? And blue and white plaid shorts, not teal and white or blue jean as has been reported before?

Blue-grey cowboy boots with something as specific as a 2-3 inch heel needs source info. It showed up on TES's poster for the first time in almost three months into a missing child investigation. Is that the source? Or did that info come from somewhere else? And most important...is it accurate info? Is anyone going to own up to seeing these specific boots?

I can't answer for JC, just like I can't answer as to why her stories have changed numerous times. To register a missing persons with NamUs you don't have to be a parent or LE. And I'm aware that JC is still considered a suspect. You're all free to contact LE personally for your concerns that you all have. I've answered your questions to the best of my knowledge. Being since it's been stated JC and BR were the last to see Cassie and being JC and BR are still considered suspects, then our source of truth is unfortunately limited it seems.

No need or reason to answer for JC. I understand- no one can do that except JC herself.
I'm curious as to where, why, and how you acquired the info you entered into NaMus about Cassie?

I completely understand that having the most accurate info is necessary. However, when you have LE that is lacking in what seems to be every aspect of the investigation and a parent's account of her child that could quite possibly be completely fabricated for numerous reasons, then what do you when organizations and govt entities need facts? There arent many facts to go on here but we cant wait to get her listed and placed on these lists and websites. We might never know what Cassie was wearing before she vanished...

I stated that in previous comments. Which was JC and organizations. Then gave MD information for NamUs to verify the information given. That's all I can provide to you on here. If you need more answers you're welcome to contact LE directly.

I understand that you sourced some information from JC. I'm asking when, and also what organizations?

I completely understand that having the most accurate info is necessary. However, when you have LE that is lacking in what seems to be every aspect of the investigation and a parent's account of her child that could quite possibly be completely fabricated for numerous reasons, then what do you when organizations and govt entities need facts? There arent many facts to go on here but we cant wait to get her listed and placed on these lists and websites. We might never know what Cassie was wearing before she vanished...

I am not sure the answer is to perpetuate descriptors that are unreliable. I would rather not be part of the obstruction if that is what ultimately happens here. I guess the question I ask myself is do I believe what JC has told the world about her child and what she looked like and what she said?

My answer is no, I dont tbh. Why? Because this story is ever changing and at this point it shouldnt be. This doesnt mean I think she harmed Cassie, but there is something wrong with the whole picture.

Maybe we should poll who thinks the info that JC has shared to date, or at least has been attributed to her, is reliable and worth using as a foundation for the case?

Bigheart, did NamUs provide you any information regarding who & how DNA reference samples and dental records are to be gathered and submitted? Or is that something they discuss with the investigator(MD)?

:banghead: I think I have developed tunnel vision here. It just feels odd to be proceeding using information that doesnt seem to be corroborated anywhere and keeps constantly changing. I just feel like we are being led in a direction that is unsubstantiated.

Bigheart, did NamUs provide you any information regarding who & how DNA reference samples and dental records are to be gathered and submitted? Or is that something they discuss with the investigator(MD)?

Thanks sre-it would be really good to know if the dental and dna info have been collected.

It gets a little tricky when we are physically closer to the case (JC knows who I am so I am not a random sluether contacting her) but info that I acquire from her isnt allowed on here.

snipped
why not? you are a verified insider...I thought that gave you some/more freedom to post info you are privy to? Or do I not understand what a verified insider can say or not

yes the DNA and dental needs gathered asap, statistically speaking

Oh snap, I just saw that another little missing fella was found in a hole of some sort (sadly deceased) and it reminded me of something I saw earlier today! I was prowling around internet land and saw a pic someone in the Stuttgart area had posted of a hole. Called it a sinkhole, & said if you looked down in it , it was bigger down in there than it appeared from the opening. How the shoes caught in the pic were in relation to the opening size, kind of made me think a skinny person could 'fall' in that kind of thing....
have any of our locals ever heard tell of such sinkholes around there??

Actually, DNA and dental info and other medical records, fixtures, that sort of thing is- is usually info gained from family specifically- or LE, from medical or social services professionals via subpoenia or foia request. Not many other people know you had braces when you were 10, or broke your ankle when you were 3. Kwim?

So I guess if LE can provide that info, that'll be great.

I'm still wondering why we're so sure we're looking for remains of a child here, to identify?

I don't think anyone is sure of anything. But IMO it can't be completely ruled out either, and with any missing persons it doesn't hurt to have a missing persons registered with them for the "just in case. "

I have not read Cassie's thread for several days. Previously people were up in arms about the lack of action, and now I read that Cassie has been listed in NAMUS and people are nitpicking what info was provided.

The unfortunate fact here is that there is NO source of reliable information. Her mother didn't see her the night she disappeared. Her mother's boyfriend is a known criminal. Both are considered suspects. Her friend gave some info but who knows if she changed before leaving again. Her friend's mom has tried but doesn't know her all that well, and got attacked for her participation in bringing attention to the case.

I personally believe BR killed her and hid her body, and JC doesn't know details but strongly suspects he did it, but can't admit it due to her past criminal conviction for failing to protect her child. She's afraid she'll go to jail again. And possibly afraid of BR causing her harm somehow.

Ultimately what she was wearing that day will probably be of little value, and only DNA will solve this in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj