Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From your link, got4-

The lead lieutenant on the case, Mark Duke, said the case was as active today as it was the first day Compton was reported missing. He added that local and state police have follow up on two to three leads a day and that they were keeping all avenues open, meaning no one was ruled out as a suspect and the case was not classified solely as a runaway or criminal investigation.

Really? That should pretty much kill any local interest shouldnt it? The FBI and ASP are ok with this statement?

2-3 Leads a day from who? That makes even less sense. How many statements have we had posted here indicating the clear lack of interest by the GP and either the frustration of LE that the case has no legs or disinterest on their part.

After 6 months, all of the sudden there is a burst of activity on social media that needs combatting and reports of dozens of leads a week that have to be run down by SPD. This sounds like an incredibly defensive position imvho.

The only attendees for the balloon release were Judy's church friends? Was Dianne West there? At least they tied pictures onto the balloons before they released them.

But none of Cassie's "friends" were there? Then they know something. No HS, no TS?

Good Lord, this poor little girl is being incredibly failed.

I cant get off this subject of social media-I dont see anything anywhere that rises to the level of combatting. And why is JC still a suspect? And if HS hasnt been ruled out either, does that mean TS is a suspect as well because she provided his alibi?

This is insane. It feels a little too Keystone cops. Maybe a lot too Keystone cops!!

Do yourselves a favor if you are an insider here-rent a bus and present yourselves at the FBI in Little Rock and offer to take a poly. Collectively or individually. Go right to the top and say hey I want to do this. Poly's are investigative tools and not admissible. However, it starts to make a dent in the possible suspect list pretty quickly if you all clear yourselves. Sounds like Detective Duke could use the help whittling all of this down.

[sreshowtime;11612927]sigh...I was looking for pics/selfies , something from the balloon thing, but alas, I haven't found any[/QUOTE]

There are a couple of pics of JC, C, and a few others....
I was kinda interested in who took them; and who wasn't pictured.

From your link, got4-

Really? That should pretty much kill any local interest shouldnt it? The FBI and ASP are ok with this statement?

2-3 Leads a day from who? That makes even less sense. How many statements have we had posted here indicating the clear lack of interest by the GP and either the frustration of LE that the case has no legs or disinterest on their part.

After 6 months, all of the sudden there is a burst of activity on social media that needs combatting and reports of dozens of leads a week that have to be run down by SPD. This sounds like an incredibly defensive position imvho.

The only attendees for the balloon release were Judy's church friends? Was Dianne West there? At least they tied pictures onto the balloons before they released them.

But none of Cassie's "friends" were there? Then they know something. No HS, no TS?

Good Lord, this poor little girl is being incredibly failed.

I'm with you Believe- What exactly is the deal here? Looking at 2 previous links from November & December LE claimed NO leads, now they're coming in daily?

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...-to-help-in-search-for-missing-teen/17449427/

"THV11 spoke with Stuttgart police on Friday, Nov. 21 and officials said they have no leads."

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...vigil-to-be-held-for-cassie-compton/19873961/

Police still have no leads in her disappearance, which falls just short of a Morgan-Nick Amber Alert.

From the balloon release link, in addition to what you posted:

He stressed to the public that if anyone sees or thinks they see Cassie Compton, to call their local law enforcement agency at that very moment and do not wait a second longer.

So people are calling in & saying that they see Cassie? Is that what we are too assume? This article seems more like it was written for a HS paper....

I have to put this out there, does anyone else feel like the SPD statements from this article was purely for JCs reading?

I think SPD's statements in this article are written purely to lead the GP to believe that this is an active case and not dead in the water.

Got4, we can see how hard you have pushed since you have joined WS. So this has nothing to do with you.

But I am flabbergasted at this town of people who think it is OK to divorce themselves from any activity in Cassie's case based upon who sponsors what event. The message you all delivered loud and clear to the nation is that no one outside of about 15 people care that this child vanished. I am sorry, but it isnt good enough. You are there on the ground. This is about Cassie and the community coming together in grief and hope that drawing attention to her disappearance will create some leads that will bring her home. I am horrified that her friends werent there. I am horrified that the Snyders apparently werent there.

Life goes on in Stuttgart I guess. Was Mark Duke there?

Seriously, was Detective Duke there? Because if he wasnt that would pretty much seal the deal for me that much of what he said was talk. :(

New thought ! Let's ask FOX16 to post extended video footage on website. Leah Uko is the same reporter who did that 10-minute interview at the Country Gossip restaurant the week after KATV's front yard scene with JC and BR. I vaguely remember seeing DW on television clip last night. (Remember her from first balloon release at the W. 10th Street track?) I am TRYING to ID a few others, but hunch is a few of the few are actually from DeWitt.

Do you think they would post raw footage? Or do you mean just editing it differently? To see who else was there?

If anyone reading was at the balloon release or knows anyone who was there, PM or email me and tell me if the detective was there. It would make me really happy to know that he was. :)

New thought ! Let's ask FOX16 to post extended video footage on website. Leah Uko is the same reporter who did that 10 minute interview at the Country Gossip restaurant the week after KATV's front yard scene with JC and BR.

I like that idea.

I do however have NO faith in her interviewing skills or follow through. She is the reporter that said she would call me a week ago, then the next day & the next day & never did. MOO of course.

I like that idea.

I do however have NO faith in her interviewing skills or follow through. She is the reporter that said she would call me a week ago, then the next day & the next day & never did. MOO of course.

Oh, dear. From "freezing" group in last night's clip, I could only pick out two more people (Mother / daughter pair who once had a connection to Cassie through Casscoe church summer activity. Daughter actually attends Hazen High School.). No MD in these angles -- looking for his vehicle. I will check Channel 11 to see if they have story, then try to go back to the first balloon release video. BTW -- I have nothing against brother CN. His presence seems helpful.

OK, the 10 p.m. version has some different clip angles. It is confusing that NBC (Channel 4) has 10 p.m. news, and FOX (Channel 16) has 9 p.m. news. There are different anchors per station, but Leah Uko is same reporter, obviously. The next link has DW in it. I don't find where CBS (KTHV Channel 11) or ABC (KATV Channel 7) covered it at all.

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/story/d/story/kark/24230/yF_V2bkIaEK2dUGH1COHeg

I am flabbergasted that the push of the media was essentially Cassie's case being closed. There are what a half a dozen posts on the site we dont discuss here regarding a confession rumor? Not even? That is nothing-that is not even a percentage of the number of posts regarding her case out on the www.

And why did the balloon release coverage ignore the prior day's story indicating that Cassie's brother believes BR had something to do with her disappearance?

My head is spinning. Am I being to rigid fellow sleuthers? Please, feedback is welcome. It's frustrating-for those of us across the www who do some advocating and deal with the media, it is so important to take complete advantage of each and every opportunity you have to get a clear consistent message across. They dont even mention her physical description any more in these stories. :( I wonder if that is because it isnt confirmed.

No MD at the balloon release speaks volumes to me. Volumes. I think we would welcome him here to combat SM and help us target our efforts and to give us a concrete last known description for Cassie and to let us know why JC cant be cleared from the investigation.

And Miss Judy wont be receiving any information from the investigation until she is cleared-I hope Cassie's brother can convince his mom that now is the time. He seems like a pretty sincere guy.

I can't even write coherently what my thoughts are upon reading & seeing all this today

damn you Stuttgart

Ok hate to say this, cause I'm having to take some deep breaths myself, but ok *deep breath* everyone. We are all furious. We all have reason to be. We all have thoughts on the situation; but we are all in this for the same reason www.missingkids.com. Cassie.

Can we maybe start at the beginning again? actual EVIDENCE of Cassie's last seen? Like her clothing, for example. Is there any reported evidence of the Snyder residence being searched? Maybe she changed clothing there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734