AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if I'm reposting what's possibly been posted many times, but when I put some of TS's quotes from the JVM interview together and read through them. . .

TRACEY SNYDER, MOTHER OF CASSIE`S BEST FRIEND (via phone): Well, my friend (ph) left her home and picked Cassie up Saturday afternoon about 1:30, brought her to her house. We all left together at 3:30 to go to the Dewitt (ph) Derby. And after that was over, we all came home. And she spent the night. We had brunch about 12:30. Just stayed around and had a lazy afternoon. And just a quiet evening at home. Nothing unusual about it all. And Hunter took her home about -- left her house about 5.

[A bit of back and forth confirming Saturday and Sunday and TS is then asked what time HS takes Cassie home]

He left our house at 6:05, and he got back by 6:45. We live out of town, so it was a little bit of a -- by the time he got there and dropped her off and got back home, and she did send him a text message, saying that she was going to go out and buy a pack of cigarettes. And that is the last response he got from her.

[TS on the phone calls from BR]
Well, there was three phone calls. They started about 9:14 that night. And he first asked if Cassie was still at our house. And coming through the conversation and getting Hunter`s input during the first phone call, the first phone call... [JVM interrupts to confirm Hunter is TS's son then TS continues] Cassie`s mom boyfriend actually saw Cassie get out of his truck, walk up the driveway. She did not speak to the mom`s boyfriend at all when she was walking up the driveway and she went into the house. So I brought that up to him and told him that he seen him get out of my son`s -- seen Cassie get out of my son`s vehicle, so he knew she was no longer with him or with us. And I kept repeating to him through these three phone calls to go to the police department, go to the police department, or call the police and report her missing.

In the third -- third phone call, he said that he did. He went to the police department, and they told him that it would be a 72-hour wait. That morning, Monday morning when I got to work, I called and spoke with a detective. And he said there was actually no report filed. And he come and and spoke to me, and we filed the missing report on Monday.http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1410/13/ijvm.01.html

. . . I got the feeling TS had a lot of uncertainty going on in her mind. The interview was done 30 days after Cassie was reportedly last seen and she seems to try and explain a lot when it comes to her son.

Other questions I have now -

Why did TS say "he" left the house at 6:05 instead of "they" left the house at 6:05?
What did TS mean at the end of her 1st quote above when she said "her house about 5"?
HS tells his mom Cassie didn't speak to BR, but how does he know nothing was spoken?
Is there any way to know for certain that HS left Cassie without going inside himself? Is it possible HS walked in with Cassie, and then left with or without Cassie?

For my own reference: Later in the interview JVM confirms the text from Cassie to Hunter occurred at 6:55. . . ten minutes after HS reportedly returns home . . . 2 hours and 19 minutes before BR contacts TS.

My apologies for redundancy.

Hi Areonomy, the only part I can answer to is the 5:00 vs. 6:05 discrepancy. It seems that the audio skips in the video at exactly that part, and some people have heard it to say 6:05, not just "5". It was transcribed as "5" because that person is also experiencing the skip. I personally have not been able to hear 6:05 with certainty, but other WSers have. I hope this helps.

Going now, ninja. Thx.

Thanks. We definitely don't want to break TOS and get this thread locked by naming names. You are an awesome sleuther. We all want to find her so badly, so I know exactly how you are seeing things. ;)

since according to LE, NO one has been cleared, so I am going to assume it is ok to state that DB is out now & is posting on FB....considering he was posting on FB back on the day Cassie went missing.
So DB was never cleared? I had noticed he had two fb accts but now see the one. By looking at sept 15th bright and early posts, he was in Stuttgart the 14th is that correct? What home was he referring that he was heading back to, which town was his home?

DB has 3 FB accounts for certain, possibly 4. I don't think he, nor anyone, has been cleared. This according to LE.

Thanks. :) If wanted, the transcription is here.
At :23 seconds TS clearly says "my son left our home and picked cassie up Saturday afternoon about 1:30"
That is clear as day. Imo

Editing to add more :
I've just been reading the transcript. Thank you for the video. She does say 6:05 both times, not just 5 the first time.
Even so, TS can recall the precise time her son left and arrived back home? No way! She had a month to be exact with everything stated, the exact time for her sons whereabouts that night and even threw in extra information voluntarily like the text. I wonder what HS reply was to the text? Was his phone searched to extract deleted messages?
Where is the public update from le on this girls case!

I apologize if I'm reposting what's possibly been posted many times, but when I put some of TS's quotes from the JVM interview together and read through them. . .

. . . I got the feeling TS had a lot of uncertainty going on in her mind. The interview was done 30 days after Cassie was reportedly last seen and she seems to try and explain a lot when it comes to her son.

Other questions I have now -

Why did TS say "he" left the house at 6:05 instead of "they" left the house at 6:05?
What did TS mean at the end of her 1st quote above when she said "her house about 5"?
HS tells his mom Cassie didn't speak to BR, but how does he know nothing was spoken?
Is there any way to know for certain that HS left Cassie without going inside himself? Is it possible HS walked in with Cassie, and then left with or without Cassie?

For my own reference: Later in the interview JVM confirms the text from Cassie to Hunter occurred at 6:55. . . ten minutes after HS reportedly returns home . . . 2 hours and 19 minutes before BR contacts TS.

My apologies for redundancy.
655 the text (for speculation I know it is unconfirmed as is everything else )
and 2 hours and 19 minutes is enough time to make it to little rock and back.

I live in a town with roughly the same population as stuttgart, I cant imagine anyone 'going missing' and for very little to be done about it. We have several fb pages for the town that it would spread like wildfire, and Im sure a small town in the US is the same as a small town here, gossip spreads quickly e.g a helicopter was hovering over the town for a few hours friday night, a post on a local fb page generated 300 plus comments between midnight and 4am, wildly speculating what was happening... what is the problem in that town?!?!

"At :23 seconds TS clearly says "my son left our home and picked cassie up Saturday afternoon about 1:30"
That is clear as day. Imo" - from Skeeter

I hear it the same way you do. There are more than a couple places where we've thought the written transcription is incorrect maybe due to TS's accent. I'd have to go back now and look at what some of the others were that had us running all over the place thinking we'd found some clue, but really we just found a typo.

655 the text (for speculation I know it is unconfirmed as is everything else )
and 2 hours and 19 minutes is enough time to make it to little rock and back.
Can I ask why little rock in particular is mentioned?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjlcMfOR2bk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Why were rumors circulating that the case was closed?! What had occurred to make people believe that.... She's still missing.

Imo, this girls case has been tainted by gossip, rumors, what have you. Transcript errors and news articles with different stories. And you are right dalsglen, something is wrong with that community! It's not as if it's a big city where kids go missing all of the time. Like ive said before, where is everyone that was desperately trying to find cassie back in October?

A random observation I would like to make that I read about in the aj hadsell case... The way the stepfather referred to aj in past tense during the search.
TS has referred to cc in the past tense on her fb account. I realize it was only one comment on a photo mid October, but I haven't forgotten it. The word "missed" is used. I see no room for a texting error.

One more question that I've asked before and others have pointed out. But I just want to bring it forefront again. Where did the donations go that the group from fcc raised? The "help find cassie compton" group page they created is gone so I'm curious, did they contribute it all in addition to what jc and her family had? Not to mention the other $1,000 that a complete stranger (male) donated?

I hope that all of that money was used towards the reward! Not towards a burial expense that TS so distastefully mentioned. Funny how others questioned them about that months ago and their comments were deleted.

Why indeed, Skeeter?

That rumor, iirc, was spread the second time BR was picked up.

There are definitely people who are interested in this case going away.

People in town have been using the past tense in regards to Cassie for a long time-there was a fund raiser to accumulate funeral expenses early on. It was one of the posters on the FCC fb page.

Someone seems to think they know something...more than just someone I suspect. I also think that there is an organized effort to deflect conversation from anyone other than BR and JC. jmvho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734