AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is maddening for sure.

Perhaps we should try and gain some further info on Cassie via alternate public records searches. For example, child protective services, department of social services, health and human services, school services- whatever the government body is called in your area that oversees the health and safety of minors- is required to keep records and communications of cases, and to make them available to state or federal agencies if requested. I believe if a case has been closed and/or is not under active open investigation, then that info should be available via FOIA?

(respectfully snipped)

How did JC manage to get custody of Cassie as a sex offender? I struggle to understand how she lost custody of the younger but not the one with two SO parents.

I want to believe Cassie is being harbored by people that care about her. If she took off for her family in OK and then disclosed a horror story to the FBI, I am not confident they would tell anyone she was found until those details were fully investigated and other legal hurdles were dealt with.

Relative to Glasgow remains found on Petit Jean mountain recently . . .

http://www.katv.com/story/28556801/how-do-medical-examiners-determine-the-cause-of-death

(KATV news tonight.)

Petit Jean was actually an area of interest for us re: Cassie.
Missing persons and state/national parks/public lands don't usually mix well. :( One of the reasons we frequently train in these areas.
But anyway- interesting observation to this particular recovered individual. Thank you for the link.

How did JC manage to get custody of Cassie as a sex offender? I struggle to understand how she lost custody of the younger but not the one with two SO parents.

I want to believe Cassie is being harbored by people that care about her. If she took off for her family in OK and then disclosed a horror story to the FBI, I am not confident they would tell anyone she was found until those details were fully investigated and other legal hurdles were dealt with.
You don't know how badly I wish that were the case. However, my intuition screams something quite different.

From your link: I wonder what the significance is of that location?

This is gravel parking lot closest to Compton household at corner of 15th St. and Grand Ave. The Leslie Street address is the auction house's building address, one street over parallel to Grand Avenue. Wes Ponder was volunteer search leader appointed at the meeting at Country Gossip which we have referred to as the "inner circle."

Thank you got4. Maybe someone could bring forward in this thread who W. Ponder is, their relationship to the case, and what came of that search effort? TIA.

it's worth something! Thank you, Gig, for posting.

good to see this on the front page of the local paper, so maybe someone will decide to speak up & out

just curious that article states 'she was going to the store' and 'of all the searching'

sigh
Agreed about the - yet again - different version of information. *sigh*

Still, if you were to find JC believable, that would be a heart-wrenching read.

If it were my daughter (I have two teenaged daughters and one younger) I would be talking to any media that would listen non-stop, TV, radio, newspaper, whatever. I'd want her found. I'd do anything it took to make sure my name was cleared so that LE could focus their searches properly. I don't get why this 14 year old has gone missing with so little attention really. She's a child, she's also vulnerable through mental health issues. Why isn't the mother screaming from the roof tops daily? Unless maybe she has something to hide? I dunno

If it were my daughter (I have two teenaged daughters and one younger) I would be talking to any media that would listen non-stop, TV, radio, newspaper, whatever. I'd want her found. I'd do anything it took to make sure my name was cleared so that LE could focus their searches properly. I don't get why this 14 year old has gone missing with so little attention really. She's a child, she's also vulnerable through mental health issues. Why isn't the mother screaming from the roof tops daily? Unless maybe she has something to hide? I dunno
Every time someone posts, I agree. There are so many possibilities. I don't think we ever even got the full story about the night Cassie supposedly disappeared. Did JC get up and look for her at 8, or was that 8 the next morning? Prize goes to the sleuther that can solve that question.

My money is firmly on 8AM the next day.

I would like to know if the reporter took Cassie's last physical description information from JC directly or just took it off of the flyers. Because it is different from the police report, much less all of the times it changed, so I would want to know which is right and how she knew. It was a very long time before we knew what she had on her feet. That info wasnt even in the first two public searches, right?

No that info wasn't clear then....but apparently it was made clear to be looking for either dismembered (or disarticulated- which was it?) human remains?

I can't get away from that. Public searchers, keep your eye out for scattered/disposed remains; but no firm idea what kind of *clothing, footwear, jewelry, belts, dental work, medical devices or medication, implants, possessions, cell phone* might be attached to possible remains?

What exactly were those 2 early searches looking for?

Wesley Ponder really isn't related to the case. His family owns the auction house that is within a stone's throw of the Compton home. He has volunteered his help with searches but has no connection to the Compton family.

The only real connection between the auction house and Cassie is Dianne West. She is Judy's friend (since Cassie's disappearance) and the lady that wrote the letter to the editor in SDL (http://stuttgartdailyleader.com/article/20141106/NEWS/141109790) and runs their concessions during auction days. She also owns The Country Gossip, the small restaurant where they had the get together and formed the different groups. I believe that meeting was just for show since nothing has become of any of it. Nothing has become of that search effort, he has said that no one at that meeting has contacted him since.

oh I know !! that scattered/dismembered thing blew my mind!! Absolutely cray cray...and the thought of telling civilian volunteers that?!? whoa, hey y'all, by the way...
Wasn't something said, about easier to dispose of on bicycle? I 'd have to go back and find the verbiage the VI gave......I thought holy cow they have a horrible crime scene

hey SmallTownMomma
Please, you are there, what in the world , in your opinion is going on??? Seriously, what is the issue? Why is it seem so quiet/indifferent there? At least that is the impression many are getting...and the family seems , hmm, well I can't grasp the right word...And it's a small town...not like a huge metro area where so many missing get lost in the shuffle...

Please tell us what is wrong, and what in the world more can we do to help. I realize there have been some token gestures to keep Cassie forefront...but...but I dunno, it is so sad...
What would YOU like to see happen? What is it going to take to FIND CASSIE??

Yup that was my thought too....except there was no crime scene and no one asked about the other thousand and one ways those sorts of horrible crimes are committed. Did anyone search any residences at the time? Check sinks, tubs, drains, septic and sewer systems, traps, buckets, crawl spaces, chemicals etc? Did anyone check the fire report?

Runaway/missing juvenile to dismembered remains, in 0 to 60 without any evidence? What?

Who was thinking what, exactly, when doling out that info to civilian searchers?
And more importantly I guess- why was/were those person(s) of that mindset to begin with?

Wesley Ponder really isn't related to the case. His family owns the auction house that is within a stone's throw of the Compton home. He has volunteered his help with searches but has no connection to the Compton family.

The only real connection between the auction house and Cassie is Dianne West. She is Judy's friend (since Cassie's disappearance) and the lady that wrote the letter to the editor in SDL (http://stuttgartdailyleader.com/article/20141106/NEWS/141109790) and runs their concessions during auction days. She also owns The Country Gossip, the small restaurant where they had the get together and formed the different groups. I believe that meeting was just for show since nothing has become of any of it. Nothing has become of that search effort, he has said that no one at that meeting has contacted him since.

STM, thanks and I second sreshowtime!

Also, can you clarify what you mean by 'just for show'?
Just for show of what? By whom and to whom?

We need a white board. TY STM!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member