AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If JC had a government subsidized wireless phone (lifeline) are there restrictions on transferring numbers? I'm not sure what type of phone JC had or the carrier, I just thought I'd throw that out there. Looks like most of the lifeline plans are 250 minutes per month plus unlimited text messaging. They are generally available to those who are receiving SNAP, Medicaid, SSI etc

Do pre-pay phones that come with the minutes packages also come with a new number? I'm trying to recall buying one for my nephew a few years ago, and I'm thinking they do. The phones are cheaper because you are also buying minutes and basically the service for a little while as well. It's a better deal than just buying the phone. Do we have her new number from a public FB post? It's pretty easy to trace it and check if it's definitely a pre-pay company that owns the number. Not all of the pre-pays will show in this kind of search, so def not a 100% answer, but may help the nagging a little about that one.

*Edited to be a little more clear. Conducting the search is easy, answers obviously aren't. :)

I'm reaching out to some journalist friends in Little Rock and trying to identify someone who has the experience to really get their hands dirty on this case, the time to pursue it full force, and the pull/connections to get their publication behind it. Broadcast news (in my experience) is pretty useless for the kind of deep investigation this case is going to take, unless it's someone who is focused only on that. But if we can find an old school investigative reporter or newspaper man who still has the fever, we'll be in business. :)

If JC had a government subsidized wireless phone (lifeline) are there restrictions on transferring numbers? I'm not sure what type of phone JC had or the carrier, I just thought I'd throw that out there. Looks like most of the lifeline plans are 250 minutes per month plus unlimited text messaging. They are generally available to those who are receiving SNAP, Medicaid, SSI etc

I didn't think of that. The one thing I do know about those phones is there can only be one issued per residence. So if the seized or lost one is still active another cannot be issued. But that is something to be considered.

Do pre-pay phones that come with the minutes packages also come with a new number? I'm trying to recall buying one for my nephew a few years ago, and I'm thinking they do. The phones are cheaper because you are also buying minutes and basically the service for a little while as well. It's a better deal than just buying the phone. Do we have her new number from a public FB post? It's pretty easy to trace it and check if it's definitely a pre-pay company that owns the number. Not all of the pre-pays will show in this kind of search, so def not a 100% answer, but may help the nagging a little about that one.

*Edited to be a little more clear. Conducting the search is easy, answers obviously aren't. :)

Prepaid phones can be purchased transfering your old number if the number is still turned on when you call to activate. They will call your carrier and get the number transferred which sometimes takes a few days from my experience. But they did tell me if the number had already been turned off it would get assigned to someone else.

I'm reaching out to some journalist friends in Little Rock and trying to identify someone who has the experience to really get their hands dirty on this case, the time to pursue it full force, and the pull/connections to get their publication behind it. Broadcast news (in my experience) is pretty useless for the kind of deep investigation this case is going to take, unless it's someone who is focused only on that. But if we can find an old school investigative reporter or newspaper man who still has the fever, we'll be in business. :)
Did I already tell you I <3 u?

:)

Prepaid phones can be purchased transfering your old number if the number is still turned on when you call to activate. They will call your carrier and get the number transferred which sometimes takes a few days from my experience. But they did tell me if the number had already been turned off it would get assigned to someone else.

Jumping off of this, I've had a family member in the past who's previous carrier refused to release the number until the bill was paid in full.

I may have missed this, believe. But I was wondering when the report showed JC filing the MP? How long after the night she was last seen?

She filed the report the next morning. IMVHO it pretty much answers the question about when she woke up and realized Cassie was not in her bed. Rather than 8PM on 9/14 as was mentioned in a few stories, it had to be 8AM 9/15 to my mind. I will bump the MP report for you.

tupelomz sent me the pdfs to convert for her. She isn't able to post to the forum at the moment & asked that i post the report for her.
8b93a714af72b798b38a0977063c5fe8.jpg
e0923acc7d73b8bdeecad2bf82fffd62.jpg

bumping

Thank you for bumping this, believe09.
It makes me angry every time I look at it. Nothing could be less specified about this 'missing person' incident.
Kwim?

Thank you for bumping this, believe09.
It makes me angry every time I look at it. Nothing could be less specified about this 'missing person' incident.
Kwim?
And after all this time, NO FOLLOW UP!

Bumbling cops + disinterested mother = Cassie still missing

Bumbling cops, mom interested in self preservation and a community that is mired in self appreciation. Again glad to see that the FB page will be sticking to flyers-hopefully that will translate into some real live distribution of them.

In the interim, I think there needs to be a resource for community members who have information but who arent comfortable going directly to SPD. Let's face it, the FBI can perhaps be a little intimidating. Maybe 1-800-the-lost? If FBI is primary, where do the tips that come through NCMEC go?

I think that's a great question, and an even better recommendation for there to be promotion of a true third option for reporting tips. I know I wouldn't want to endanger myself or risk her life by calling local cops who seem to not care anyway.

(Also, this whole thing reminds me how lucky I am to have police officers in my neighborhood who work with us and seem to truly care about residents!)

I don't know if its been pointed out. But has anyone looked at a young man with the initials g.a.b. ?

And where is the local that said BR did in fact go down to the le and voice his concern about cc missing?

Twinmom was the local who supported that story, but oddly enough there doesnt appear to be any documentation of it. TS said "we" filed a report as well, but that doesnt seem to be the case either. As far as we know, JC is the only one who filed a report. As sparse and strange as it was :(

Twinmom was the local who supported that story, but oddly enough there doesnt appear to be any documentation of it. TS said "we" filed a report as well, but that doesnt seem to be the case either. As far as we know, JC is the only one who filed a report. As sparse and strange as it was :(
I noticed the "we" long ago, not only did TS and whoever else is a part of the "we" Not file the report. Its not even lawful in Ar. for anyone to do the other than a parent or legal guardian. I agree believe09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010