AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CC didn't text the cigarettes trip to JC, she texted it to HS.

Also, by all accounts JC never actually heard "Cassie" that night.

Agreed that CC texted HS. But my understanding was the question was being asked that if DW was quoting only CCs texts why stop before the cigarette text. What I was saying is that I think she left it out because it didn't serve her purpose or it wasn't on whatever source she was given.

Imo were going in circles about DW, her source, why she used what she did when honestly we will be pulling at straws for who knows how long. If DW really wanted to help CC not JC she would have started with using both sides of the messages, went to a media source & made sure that she supported CC in a better way than one time editor article backing up JC. Imo so many ppl seem to want to "help" but end up either doing more damage or 1/2 assing their efforts. JMVHO of course...

I 1/2 believe the texts are true, the other half of me thinks DW made it up to make a point. Either way, by removing JCs side, she completely removes any value and her opinion is moot.

100% agreed.

Thanks for clarifying, C4M. I misunderstood. And I agree about the DW talk. Her opinion has no value here.

The point is not to say who said what and how. It's to clarify that WE have no knowledge of any of that with certainty. Just because someone states something, does not make it true. Nor does something being printed in the paper make it true.
What makes something 'true' is the evidence behind what is being said.
What makes us pay attention, is who is holding the evidence-or who has held it, or currently holds it. Mvhoo.

That info, via FOIA, is there.

Has anyone requested FOIA info or other public info re: a potential crime in this case besides myself?

Locals/VI's, have you requested public info re: this case as it pertains to you and your families/friends?

Curious as to who is satisfied with their report, or the reporting that was made on their behalf. Or the report that they may have received/not received?

bump so the question doesnt get lost.

The point is not to say who said what and how. It's to clarify that WE have no knowledge of any of that with certainty. Just because someone states something, does not make it true. Nor does something being printed in the paper make it true.
What makes us pay attention, is who is holding the evidence-or who has held it, or currently holds it. Mvhoo.
IMO, what also grabs attention is someone bringing it to themselves, and the motivation behind that.

I won't argue that. Like I said up thread, at this point the only thing that we seem to truly know is that Cassie is missing. Everything else is undependable.

As for who has evidence it's almost like being in Vegas. Place your bets there are 3 cups & the truth is under one-guess which one it is.

I really thought going back to what we knew as fact would help but I honestly think there isn't a list.

As for FOIA, ages ago a few of us got together & agreed one request was enough. Tupelo was kind enough to request it in person. That's how the original report was recd. I'm assuming you have requested FOIA & not heard back?

Do you believe she ran away, sammy32? If so, where do you think she went? May I ask one more question-do your friends and family see her missing posters well represented in the area?

TIA.

In the beginning, maybe, but six months later - no I do not think she ran away. There are missing posters around, but after six months, I think people look over them. People go to the grocery store, Walmart, etc. once a week, and they don't pay attention to details. Again, just my opinion.

I won't argue info.hat. Like I said up thread, at tit. is point the only thing that we seem to truly know is that Cassie is missing. Everything else is undependable.

ce it's almost like being in Vegas. Place your bets there are 3 cups & the truth is under one-guess which one it is.

I really thought going back to what we knew as fact would help but I honestly think there isn't a list.

As for FOIA, ages ago a few of us got together & agreed one request was enough. Tupelo was kind enough to request it in person. That's how the original report was recd. I'm assuming you have requested FOIA & not heard back?

I filed several foia requests. I got info; and denials of info-and have made some judgements based on that.

I do wonder why no one else very close to the investigation seems to have filed for info. If my friend/relative/babygirl/missing person was gone for more than a few months, I'd be asking LE for something on file. Public info access is the only way to go about that at that point.

I'd be wanting to know where my phone was. And who had accessed the records to it. Kwim?

Tup was absolutely vital in getting a hard copy from SPD (thank you Tup!). But that was a document that only SPD was required and willing to provide. And clearly lacking in information. What about the ASP and FBI records? ATF records? That's what I filed for.

That is you, me & those educated about FOIA. Some people don't understand that's how things work. Actually a lot of people I've come across with missing family members don't understand that they have these rights. It's almost as bad as the myth that you have to wait 48 hrs to report someone as missing. Too many people still think that's true.
As for wanting to know where my phone was-if it meant they could find my child Id be just fine if they kept my phone & I never saw it again. Id be willing to release my entire phone records publicly if that meant helping find my kid.

In the beginning, maybe, but six months later - no I do not think she ran away. There are missing posters around, but after six months, I think people look over them. People go to the grocery store, Walmart, etc. once a week, and they don't pay attention to details. Again, just my opinion.

TY sammy. See the missing poster thing is kind of a big issue with me. It seems that her posters were and perhaps are still underwhelming in their presence around town. I am just trying to get a sense of whether or not they are present in most businesses even.

Sorry, I am on a bit of an overall rant about accountability.
You are right, caring4. Many people simply do not know what to do.

Everyone has FOIA rights. Not just families of the missing or crime victims. We all have those rights. It's good information, and we know that there are many locals who read here so everyone who is close enough to JC to advise her knows that documents from all 3 jurisdictions are available once a request is made. Certain documents may be redacted and can be for specific reasons.

My head hurts from banging....incident reports must have been generated for all of these contacts that people are claiming everywhere. Every contact with LE should have created something...BR showing up, TS claiming to have made reports on 9/15, anyone who called in a tip...kwim?

If you remember the Caylee Anthony case at all, the Sunshine laws caused a flood of tips and documents to be released into the Universe. It is an excellent template for the type of contact that should generate a record by LE.

SPD provided one document that shows, at least as of this post, that none of those other reports from TS or BR happened. The only MP report came from JC. That's what I see.

And came 2nd (3rd?4th?) hand and posted online, by a very kind WS's member, trying to obtain documentation of this child.

That's what we've got.

Bearing in mind I'm new to this...but I'm wondering if LE really seized the Mom's phone... and if she really got another phone why would she not keep her same number so Cassie would know it if she tried to call her. I think you can transfer your same number to a new phone on just about any cell service these days. Did she know she's not going to be calling? And as for the Mom going to Ok while her daughter is still out there somewhere seems unfathomable! I am a Mother and would probably never move if my child went missing always hoping she would find her way back home or always searching for the missing pieces! None of this makes sense to me. Just thinking out loud here...

Very good point, angels. You can transfer numbers pretty much anywhere, with any service.
Maybe JC lost her phone/phone was seized and couldn't recall the number. Or was prohibited from doing so.

...i hate to even ask such... but this was brought it up in the Malik discussion... but have septic systems been checked in the area of Cassie's house?

Very good point, angels. You can transfer numbers pretty much anywhere, with any service.
Maybe JC lost her phone/phone was seized and couldn't recall the number. Or was prohibited from doing so.

I thought about that too. But surely there would be a family member or friend who would know her phone number so she could get it transferred. I do wonder if she was prohibited from doing so. Maybe LE, if they really seized the phone, wanted it kept on in case some clue came thru by way of text or call.

Or could it possibly be that JC did not want the same number for fear of something that could implicate her or knowledge she might have coming to that phone after the fact?

SPD provided one document that shows, at least as of this post, that none of those other reports from TS or BR happened. The only MP report came from JC. That's what I see.

I may have missed this, believe. But I was wondering when the report showed JC filing the MP? How long after the night she was last seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CurtisEmant