AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just clarifying, Gig- you're sure LE has the devices? As in, has them entered into evidence somewhere? And if so, which devices might we be talking about here?

ETA: and which LE agency?

http://www.katv.com/story/26702496/search-parties-start-for-missing-stuttgart-teen

Fifth paragraph:
"Mark Duke of the Stuttgart Police calls Compton's disappearance strange and unique. Duke went on to say Judy Compton and her fiancé Brandon Rhodes have been cooperative with the investigation. Judy Compton said Friday their phones were seized by authorities as part of the search."

No word on which "authorities" did the seizing, though.

i guess this is another one of those cases where unless someone gets off the proverbial pot, it will be a miracle she is found.It's just shameful.

Let me figure it out and post the links. BB after dinner.

http://www.katv.com/story/26702496/search-parties-start-for-missing-stuttgart-teen

Fifth paragraph:
"Mark Duke of the Stuttgart Police calls Compton's disappearance strange and unique. Duke went on to say Judy Compton and her fiancé Brandon Rhodes have been cooperative with the investigation. Judy Compton said Friday their phones were seized by authorities as part of the search."

No word on which "authorities" did the seizing, though.

That's what I was wondering. Judy Compton said 'their' phones were seized. LE didn't-at least according to that report.
Wonder where any phones seized are right now.

If the phones were seized how did JC get the txt conversation?

Did you see the latest on the Find Cassie FB? *Sigh* I wonder if the information they have been giving out is suspect or planted by LE to figure out leaks and it came back home to roost somehow?

I am glad they are focusing on posters and spreading the word. It is an excellent plan. :)

Why did I never question that? How long after their phones were seized did that text convo get published? Seems super weird now, unless they had Cassie's phone. But wouldn't an alert be placed so that if the phone was turned back on LE would be notified? Or were JC and BR phones given back to them?

If JC had an iPhone, synced her phone, had it taken by LE, got a new one & synced old files onto a new one-her text messages, both sides would be there.
I still think that it's suspicious that both sides were never published-assuming it was Cassie texting her mother.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204269

Even so LE could easily subpoena the carrier for text message detail & see if anything was missing, deleted etc by JC & what was said. In addition they could use that to see who Cassie may have called, texted or what data she used after leaving home. I would hope that was done but tbh I don't find assurance with this LE that much of anything standard is done. Jmo.

This link is from the Christina Morris case in Allen, Texas. The affidavit attached to arrest warrant is especially helpful to our case in reading about "forensic cell phone extraction." Starting at the bottom of page 5, the process / procedure is very detailed. (Wishing the same were applied to ANY phones recovered in Cassie's case.)

https://cbsdallas.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/380a-20141212-arrest-10-sw-arrest-return-sealed.pdf

Thank for this Got4 I'm going to save this & read it in more detail on a pc rather than cell. It looks like good info.

If JC had an iPhone, synced her phone, had it taken by LE, got a new one & synced old files onto a new one-her text messages, both sides would be there.
I still think that it's suspicious that both sides were never published-assuming it was Cassie texting her mother.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204269

Even so LE could easily subpoena the carrier for text message detail & see if anything was missing, deleted etc by JC & what was said. In addition they could use that to see who Cassie may have called, texted or what data she used after leaving home. I would hope that was done but tbh I don't find assurance with this LE that much of anything standard is done. Jmo.

She didnt know what her daughter was up to or wearing or where she was but she synced her phones conveniently some time in the hours before she reported Cassie missing? Just being devil's advocate.

Cassie's phone was alleged to be a prepaid LG, but we have never known what JC's was or whether hers was bat phone.

I'm in no way saying she did, I'm like you playing devils advocate & just saying that there is a possible way to it. It's not impossible to do. I personally believe if she is as naive about how to use technology as she seemed before posting continuously on FB then she would have needed Cassie or BR to show her how to connect her phone to her PC to begin with. I'm simply saying if she DID have an iPhone & DID use iTunes she COULD replace that information easily. For all we know one of these people that inserted themselves into the case asked her about it & helped her retrieve the info.
There is also the point that they didn't take the phones immediately. Per the article on 10/3(updated 10/14)-it says MD said they seized them Friday. Not sure if he seized than that day or made the statement that day. This does leave time for her to back up her phone. I think it's in our best interest to look at every angle & possibility. Especially since we have no idea who is chatting in her ear or what they're saying.
Did we ever find out who's pink iPhone Cassie had in that photo from JVM?

Actually we dont know if their phones were seized at all. Just saying. :)

No we honestly don't know anything in this case, do we? All we really do know is that Cassie is missing and not a whole lot is being done about it.

JC says their phones were seized 9/27. She then says (on her FB) that she got a new phone and posted the number so Cassie could call her.

That's a good question because by looking at the news articles one says the phones were seized on Friday, i believe oct 3rd. But yet the daily leaders gossip article that lists the times of texts received from cc to jc is written nov 6th, i believe that's the correct date. So I wonder how those texts were obtained and why the entire conversation wasn't in that news article.

I think we have seen enough smoke and mirrors in Cassie's case, to be honest. I think we have seen an infinite number of people claiming knowledge that they dont have. My current beef in the media and elsewhere is things be attributed to Judy Compton that arent directly quoted or things we see her on video actually saying. I have a serious beef with it. To me it indicates either an unwillingness on her part to go on record with pretty much anything or that she is being all foxy like and getting other people to say things on her behalf.

Check her FB today as well-I think the implication in her latest post is that she is Oklahoma bound. And that Cassie can come as well.

Mark Duke of the Stuttgart Police calls Compton's disappearance strange and unique.

From Mojave's link. Really? Wasnt this worth elaborating on? What makes it strange and unique, Detective Duke?

Child disappears from her home
Parent and parent's boyfriend are suspects
No one is talking about the disappearance and there are no clues

The only thing that makes her case unique imo is the atmosphere in the town where she disappeared from...and maybe how fast outside LE was called in/stepped in.

Cassie's case can be solved because there are people holding pieces of information that will bring her home. If you dont want to deal with local LE for anonymity's sake, contact fbi.gov or ASP. Cassie has a number of jurisdictions assigned to it. Tips can be called in or written in to many different places. Write, snail mail, call. Wont it feel good to put this all down?

Cassie's disappearance was featuring on the TV show "Missing" this morning.

Can't copy the link, but the site is usamissing.com

Thanks Cubby-

LINK HERE March 23

Interesting. There is a video montage of missing people and when you click on the link to their name, their poster at NCMEC pops up.

That info, via FOIA, is there.

Has anyone requested FOIA info or other public info re: a potential crime in this case besides myself?

Locals/VI's, have you requested public info re: this case as it pertains to you and your families/friends?

Curious as to who is satisfied with their report, or the reporting that was made on their behalf. Or the report that they may have received/not received?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon