GUILTY AR - Harper, 10 mos, & Brian Floyd, 33, Ouachita Mountains, 25 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I do have to wonder why the Yell County Sheriff's office did not involve DHS (our version of CPS) during the previous calls to the home when Brian was hallucinating.

Welcome to Websleuths, Seph. Unfortunately, the CPS/DHS issue comes up a lot after the fact when a little one is missing/found deceased, and we find out there are previous warning signs that go ignored or a child is not removed for such behavior. We have GOT to protect these children better. I even get anxious when I hear a baby cry in the grocery store and I want to hold it and comfort when their parents are not. Children are the definition of innocence and can only rely on their parents/caregivers. I'm sick of this.

I am absolutely heartbroken reading the affidavit. Meth is a huge problem in Arkansas, and this isn't the first time that I have seen something tragic happen because of it. I do have to wonder why the Yell County Sheriff's office did not involve DHS (our version of CPS) during the previous calls to the home when Brian was hallucinating.

It would have been Sebastian county, they live in Greenwood, but I completely agree with you! Also if the FAMILY informed them he had been arrested earlier in the week and the FAMILY informed them he had bought a gun after being arrested to protect his self from the "people that were after him", Then why in the blue blazes didn't the FAMILY do something, call DHS, take the baby, have them committed, ANYTHING....

It would have been Sebastian county, they live in Greenwood, but I completely agree with you! Also if the FAMILY informed them he had been arrested earlier in the week and the FAMILY informed them he had bought a gun after being arrested to protect his self from the "people that were after him", Then why in the blue blazes didn't the FAMILY do something, call DHS, take the baby, have them committed, ANYTHING....
because we have a F'd up system. Family/friends need to speak up. And, DHS needs to open their eyes. Pissed about this.

There are two Greenwoods in Arkansas, and I always forget where the other is. I thought it might be in Yell Co.

Police are mandated reporters, and I guess that is why I am so baffled by this. As a seminary student, I've been through mandated reporter training, so I guess that is why I feel less than empathetic about it not happening.

There are two Greenwoods in Arkansas, and I always forget where the other is. I thought it might be in Yell Co.

Police are mandated reporters, and I guess that is why I am so baffled by this. As a seminary student, I've been through mandated reporter training, so I guess that is why I feel less than empathetic about it not happening.
I did not know there were two, where's the other one?

I am livid! :furious:

Harper's blood is on the hands of so many people, I want them all thrown in jail!

Family members knew Brain had been hallucinating and acting crazy DAYS before this happened! What about LE that were called to their house?!!

Not a one of them gave a second thought about the safety of that poor innocent child! I am beyond disgusted and I need to leave this thread before I say something that will earn me a time out

I am so sorry every single grown up in your life failed you so miserably, Harper

I am livid! :furious:

Harper's blood is on the hands of so many people, I want them all thrown in jail!

Family members knew Brain had been hallucinating and acting crazy DAYS before this happened! What about LE that were called to their house?!!

Not a one of them gave a second thought about the safety of that poor innocent child! I am beyond disgusted and I need to leave this thread before I say something that will earn me a time out

I am so sorry every single grown up in your life failed you so miserably, Harper

Children are dependent on us...if Mom and Dad won't save them we must. We must take
a look around and pay attention ....

There's a Greenland in Washington County. Only one Greenwood.

I'm pretty good with everything but the delta.. They could have just about anything down there and I wouldn't know about it ;)

I am disgusted that the Sebastian county officers didn't call DHS, that the family didn't step up and I'm still not convinced that Brooke didn't tell yell county where the truck was and they just didn't believe her because she was "rambling and incoherent", and I'm disgusted that these idiots cared more about their high than their child..this entire situation disgusts me..
I was talking to my oldest child's mother in law about this and about the fact that if either if the kids were acting half this nuts that it would be a race between her and I to get the babies out of there!! It enrages me that not one single person cared enough about this baby to step up and do the hard stuff and take him from his parents..

Another odd thing...
Brooke was taken to Booneville PD after being found by forest workers... Why? Booneville is Logan county, not Yell, does this mean she was found in Logan county? Or the forestry workers just didn't know what to do with her and Booneville was closer than Danville?
OR if I remember she has some family in the Booneville/magazine area.. Maybe they took her there and then the family took her to the police station?
I'm still confused about this..

Now we know why police put her in jail early on. This is so sad. Harper was found face down 0.13 miles from his dad... sounds like maybe he tried to crawl away, and succumbed. :tears: RIP, baby boy.

I'm really struggling to wrap my head around this. What a nightmarish scenario. That poor baby...

Me, too, OkieGranny... When someone gets "grabbed" by meth or heroin, etc., etc., they are on a ride that is hard to stop, and IMO and from what I read, it can't be done without help. I don't know anyone, thankfully, who has been snagged by this drug, but IMO, the user may as well just go and load a gun... nothing good can happen. If Brooke had been found dead & her husband alive, he would prolly be facing the same charges. JMHO

I do know people that have been grabbed by this drug. Quite a few actually, some in my own extended family. They call our area the meth capital of the world, but I've always wondered if they call many places that. It is an ugly ride, with what I consider schizophrenia type symptoms, along with excess energy and people I'm told don't sleep for days while on it. They see things. They hear things. They have extreme paranoia. They often lose their families, their homes, their cars, their jobs, their teeth and sometimes their lives. It's horrible to watch and horrible to deal with.
I do not know why any child would ever be left with someone even thought to be doing that.
Personally, I'm glad she's getting charged with his death. I'm sure she and Brian both would have been charged with the same if he had survived it.
I still want to know what was in the backpack. Anyone heard?
JMO

http://www.couriernews.com/view/ful...-Mental-evaluation-to-postpone-Floyd-s-trial?

Brooke Floyd's attorney, William O. "Bill" James Jr. of Little Rock, on Friday filed a request for a mental evaluation of his client. Floyd, 21, is charged with manslaughter in the death of her 10-month-old son Harper.

Floyd's attorney said the evaluation was just a "precaution" to make sure Floyd understands the proceedings.

Floyd's trial date, which was scheduled to begin Oct. 6 in the Yell County Circuit Court in Danville, is expected to be postponed because of the mental evaluation request.

http://www.katv.com/story/29128506/mental-evaluation-for-brooke-floyd-released

Earlier this month, Floyd's trial was delayed a second time until July.

Defense requested to review DHS' psychological evaluation of Floyd before the next hearing. The evaluation reported "Floyd did not exhibit signs and symptoms of a mental disease and did not have a mental defect."

It added: "Based on her history and clinical presentation, she currently meets criteria for the following DSM-5 diagnoses: Major Depressive Disorder, Recurrent episode, Severe; Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (Provisional); Opioid Use Disorder, In early remission."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvdbxo
Back