AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is if Oprah's producers received email tip about the family secrets two years before TLC gave them their own show was TLC alerted also? Discovery communications TLC's parent company needs to take a close look at TLC. What was really known and when. I can't imagine Oprah's show would get a email tip and TLC would not. The tip person would just drop the issue when Duggars are on TV every week. I have not seen this show. Jmo

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2015/05/the-downfall-of-the-duggars/394013/

ciao

Think it's long past time that TLC needs to seriously consider who it is that they feature on their show.
Don't they 'vet' these people and find out what their pasts are ?
How hard is it to do a background check ???

I am not by any means a supporter of this family or a fan of the show. I DO find it somewhat hypocritical that there are many demanding that the show be cancelled---yet there was no corresponding demand that Lena Dunham be banned from television or other media when she ADMITTED to this exact same violation of a sibling.

Has it been confirmed the youngest victim was 6 or is that speculation?

IMO from watching the show the girls are raised to cook,sew,child rear, etc. etc. The 2 girls married and even Josh and wife were all pregnant very soon after their weddings. I wonder if Josh and Family will move back to Arkansas now. The two married girls and their spouses live in homes that JB owns. Seems they are still under the Family fold even when they marry. Josh did move away but I think it's acceptable for the men. IMO

Holy carp that sheet on counselling sexual abuse is outrageously offensive. Ifthe abused was not at fault? Seriously? WTF? Don't even get me started on Why God Let it Happen

Did they really think that going on national television was a good idea? Like, seriously, did they honestly think no one would find out?! :facepalm:

It is abuse. And mama duggar gleefully describes in her book how she would hide behind a corner spying on the babies to catch them disobeying and then rush up and "correct" them. She also stated how one twin baby boy would witness what happened to the other when "corrected" and how he would then not even try to move from the blanket.

Worse, these parents are strong adherents of the Pearl method of "training" children and have featured the Pearl's child abuse manual, To Train Up a Child, on their website, for years. Read the reviews on Amazon for the book. Google "Pearl Training Duggars" to see the connection. It's all about beating children into submission by spanking them as young as a few months old in what may be hours-long spanking sessions. A few kids have died at the hands of parents who followed these teachings.

I have no doubt the show will be cancelled. The hypocrisy is too much. Even reruns, watched knowing what we now know. Just weird. I don't think they can continue to be profitable.

He did though. They are friends with various other mega and fundamentalist Christian families and often these people stay at one another's homes. I think one of his victims was a non-family member.

Or not raise their kids with the strange dichotomy that the human body is sinful, and sex is evil until marriage, all the while constantly making out in front of the kids and exposing them to sexual innuendoes about the parents, while at the same time, and this is key, cloistering them from normal, day to day contact with other females near their own ages, or the ability to interact in a developmentally typical way with their peers, and telling them that they cannot watch tv and must avert their eyes in public due to the possibility of a woman or girl appearing who is not dressed "modestly", because immodestly dressed girls and women "defraud" men and cause them to have bad thoughts. (Google "Duggars, defrauding and Nike").

Yeah. The ages of the girls- likely between 8-13, is scary.

I looked up The Pearls "Train up your child" Went to look at the reviews on Amazon. I was curious about who the people are who like the book. There's a good one by Kim Jong Un, Leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea. Someone else also recommends the following book "Best Christmas Ever: A Couple's Guide to the Holidays - Scott Peterson"

Great post. The birds and the bees talk on a 20 year old's wedding night creeped me out.

The police reports stated that he did apologize to each of his victims. Not sure if that helps them much but apparently he did.

Nevertheless, he was so smug in his religious superiority over the years on that show that many people on some of the anti-fundamentalist sites nick named him "Smuggar".

I think the asking for forgiveness part might actually make it worse for some victims. Being angry is a legitimate part of the healing. But in a family that puts a lot of emphasis on forgiveness and how you're not supposed to raise your voice when you're upset and so on, the victims' negative feelings might get swept under the rug too soon. He apologized and we prayed over it so it must be all right now and God has forgiven him so if I haven't forgiven him and I still don't feel fine about it I'm a sinner and must feel guilty about it.

Not to mention how after you've forgiven him you still have to live with him and be reminded of it every day, and he's given a chance to do it again. Forgiving him is more important than protecting you.

The wedding episode creeped me out in so many ways... They talk about how authority is transferred and Josh is Anna's authority now... (what in the blue blazes is wrong with y'all, you knew he liked to molest his sisters and made him anyone's AUTHORITY...?!? How is his wife going to be able to protect the kids if she needs to go against her God ordained authority to report abuse?)

Then he kind of smugly says how it's a great religious testimony to the younger children how he and Anna waited to have their first kiss. Bet they'd much rather wished he'd waited to have his first grope.

**speculation ahead ** If you take 5 or 10 young boys and teach them all their lives that an erection, a naturally occurring part of their physical makeup, is a SIN and would not have happened had they been more prayerful and more diligent in not talking to girls or looking at girls , etc. , then you will have problems. . I don't know which is the case here but I'd gander a little of this and a little of that if I had to say. Also , some religions and / or religious families forbid masturbation. So , it doesn't take rocket scientists to figure out that you cannot forbid all of nature and expect things to go smoothly. It might go smoothly with some males but certainly not with all.

They are IFB (independent fundamentalist Baptists) and absolutely preached against masturbation.

Did they really think that going on national television was a good idea? Like, seriously, did they honestly think no one would find out?! :facepalm:

For some reason I think they view the world in their own way. As well as sexual abuse IMO Evident by how it was handled.

They are IFB (independent fundamentalist Baptists) and absolutely preached against masturbation.

Time bomb !
I am more mad the more I think about this. Since they did not send him to traditional counseling, did the victims get traditional counseling?

Time bomb !
I am more mad the more I think about this. Since they did not send him to traditional counseling, did the victims get traditional counseling?
My guess is no. It would probably have been Bible led counseling from an Elder or someone associated with their religion. After reading the chart put up earlier by Gitana1, I am quite disturbed by the way it could have been handled. #4 and #8 were especially troubling on the chart, imo.

Has it been confirmed the youngest victim was 6 or is that speculation?

This came out when one of the victims, who is still a minor, asked for the document to be destroyed for fear her abuse would become public. If she is a minor today, she couldn't have been any older than 6 in 2002 when the incidents occurred.

I am not by any means a supporter of this family or a fan of the show. I DO find it somewhat hypocritical that there are many demanding that the show be cancelled---yet there was no corresponding demand that Lena Dunham be banned from television or other media when she ADMITTED to this exact same violation of a sibling.

I'm not defending Lena Dunham at all, but she was 7 when she committed the act. A 7 year old can't be compared to a 14 year old.

T
IMO from watching the show the girls are raised to cook,sew,child rear, etc. etc. The 2 girls married and even Josh and wife were all pregnant very soon after their weddings. I wonder if Josh and Family will move back to Arkansas now. The two married girls and their spouses live in homes that JB owns. Seems they are still under the Family fold even when they marry. Josh did move away but I think it's acceptable for the men. IMO

JBD doesn't own Jill and Derick's house. Your point is valid though. They do own lots of commercial and residential property.

http://defamer.gawker.com/the-web-has-known-about-josh-duggar-for-years-when-did-1706258269

I hope I can post this, but I am doing so because I feel it is an interesting thing to look at when discussing "rumors." I remember reading about the JD rumors years ago on blogs and really didn't believe it. I thought no way would these people put themselves out there for the world to see if anything like this ever happened. I thought it was just way too crazy to even believe. But yet, the entire unsubstantiated post was 100% true. So sometimes "rumors" do turn out to be truth. JMO

Lena Dunham was 7 years old not 14. Huge difference!

We don't have verification yet as to which Siblings or the non family victim. A poster posted some ages of siblings at the time of the crimes upthread. I can identify from watching the show who the siblings are poster listed in order. Mathematically it appears correct. I wont type their names tho.
We should not be trying to ID the victims regardless of their ages. We are a victim friendly site and should do what we can to actually protect them instead of drawing attention to specifics. I really feel sorry for all of his victims. There could be more out there, too.

I understand the feeling sorry, I don't feel sorry for Josh particularly, but I sure do for the girls. The way they are raised, to basically cater to men and have babies, I can't believe that at least one of the girls hasn't rebelled and gotten out of there. And, I would love to know what the family is doing now with this news getting out, I have to wonder how Josh is handling this since basically he has destroyed the family name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jangelyn