AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You may want to skip this post if you don't like Bill Maher.

Bill Maher had a few comments about the JD situation, and JD's FB posts.

“Let’s set aside the part about how a man who molested five girls worries about how it might ruin his life, and refers to ‘my life’ three times in a short post about what he did to five other people,” Maher wrote. “But what Josh is basically saying is that molesting the girls was bad, but Jesus forgave him and then came into his life so, you know, happy ending. Except that real forgiveness happens between the person who did wrong and the person they wronged.”

“The idea that you can simply pray on it and ask Jesus for forgiveness — which he never turns down, cause he’s Jesus — is a total short cut, and not what forgiveness actually entails,” he continued.

“If you’ve done something as awful as molest a bunch of girls, the only people you can ask for forgiveness from are the bunch of girls you molested.
http://www.salon.com/2015/06/17/bil..._person_you_need_to_be_asking_to_forgive_you/

Come what may out of investigation into Josh, I hope that DHS looks into Jim Bob. Given the family's beliefs, the patriarchy, and the likelihood of abusive, pedophile, and incestuous tendencies to have a family history, one must wonder.

As I posted before, someone who dry humps his wife in a public place in front of his own daughter and her suitor, not to mention cameras rolling, clearly has boundary issues.

Agreed. As well, I don't think it takes more than 15 minutes of J-B footage before one feels the need to shower.

As I posted before, someone who dry humps his wife in a public place in front of his own daughter and her suitor, not to mention cameras rolling, clearly has boundary issues.

Oh gross! And I was TRYING to eat some sesame brittle. My hips thank you. I put the candy down and stepped away to vomit.

Come what may out of investigation into Josh, I hope that DHS looks into Jim Bob. Given the family's beliefs, the patriarchy, and the likelihood of abusive, pedophile, and incestuous tendencies to have a family history, one must wonder.

JBD reminds me of my high school friend's dog who always had the lipstick out and you could never lie down on their floors to watch TV.

Well allegedly TLC's ratings have sky rocketed since they pulled the show.
If that's true, then I'm sure they will keep it off the air. :twocents:

Nielsen ratings for the week ending on May 24 show a slight dip in viewers to 269 million, despite the fact that the network aired the series finale on May 19, and a 19 Kids & Counting marathon on May 21. And by the next week — the first full week without the show on air — ratings skyrocketed to 484 million!

The week of June 7 and June 14 mellowed out to 314 million and 427 million, respectively, proving that the end of the Duggars would likely have little effect on the company’s bottom line.
http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/josh-duggar-sex-scandal-tlc-ratings-rise/

Thanks Donjeta.
I now wonder what criteria TLC were using to justify the Duggar agenda. It is a business and the bottom line is what has been quoted as reason for the 19kac continuing (even after it is thought they were aware of these crimes).

If it is not viewer numbers/advertising $'s then exactly WHAT is TLC trying to promote.

Unlike the story breakers at InTouch, I think TLC knew either initially or at some point. Perhaps there was a mutual agreement between TLC and the Duggars that should the subject come up, TLC would need to keep quiet. IDK. But there is something very not right here. Maybe there is some video tape somewhere concerning a more recent victim. Maybe TLC is behind the latest DSS investigation...IDK but their silence is very very suspicious. jmvho.

Is it really that easy to sleep through someone touching you? I know I would wake up.

I felt a burning desire to answer this, despite the nearly two-week old date stamp: YES. I fell asleep (not passed out) at a New Year's Eve party three years ago, and what I had originally thought was an intense dream was actually my only partially-conscious brain registering an unknown male performing sexual acts on me. I only found this out the next morning when I woke up with my pants undone and my now-husband's friend cuddling me. If one can stay in a mostly-asleep state while being assaulted at 22 years old, I'm sure a child would also have no problems. I've had plenty of experience with kids who can sleep through anything - even being lifted and carried through a house.

OT: OMG your sig! :woot: Anya is the best.

Stumbled on this old thing from 2013:

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...michelle-duggar-daughter-has-big-city-dreams/

In this sneak peek of the season premiere of 19 Kids and Counting, the older girls discuss their ideal mates and all Jinger says is that she wants out of their small Arkansas town.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/03/jinger-duggar-not-moving-city-19-kids-counting/

However, it was left for mom to explain what the socially acceptable meaning was.

“Jinger didn’t mean she wanted to move to New York City,” her mom Michelle explains to RadarOnline.com. “She meant that she wants to live closer to a city. We’re talking right near a city, but not New York City.

“Jinger meant she wanted to live 15 minutes from a Wal-mart. We live so far out of town on 20 acres, but Jinger wants to live closer to town, so she doesn’t have to drive so far to go shopping.”

And then she suggested that Jinger should live with her molester brother once again:

Her older brother Josh, his wife Anna and their children are moving to Washington, DC for his new job, and Michelle suggests maybe Jinger could spend the summer with them in that city.

“Jinger would love to spend time with her brother and all their children in Washington,” she says — explaining that that’s about as far as she is allowed to go!

I think now I maybe understand why there's a forum called freejinger.

While the sisters never directly addressed the scandal, Jill did say that one of the messages of their hit show, 19 Kids and Counting, is that their family has struggles.

"Hey we’re not a perfect family, we mess up," she told the crowd during a Q&A-style session on the festival's Beach stage. "Imagine what life is like with a family with two or three kids and multiply that about 10 times over and that's what you get."

http://www.people.com/article/jill-duggar-dillard-jessa-duggar-seewald-alive-festival

I won't lay any blame on Jill for her comments because I believe she doesn't "hear" the message she's sending. Nevertheless, it's an unfortunate choice of words. I'd hate to think that some Quiverfull parent is out there saying "See little Sally, the Duggars aren't perfect either. They mess up too. That's all this is, it's just a mess up. Now go forgive your brother."

I'm happy that the girls have been able to move past the molestation by Josh; maybe it's a testament to their brainwashing, er, I mean faith, that they've handled it so well. But I'm not happy about the way the whole family has minimized sexual abuse publicly. I can only hope that their experience isn't going to be used as some sort of model for parents who are dealing with the very serious issue of sexual molestation.

Well I do hope that she spoke as Captain Obvious there and nobody in the audience even considered that a family in which sexual assault is swept under the rug could be described as a perfect family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member