AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, just to see them get out from under Jim Bob's influence, I might even donate one days "lunch" money.

Come on now, free one, maybe get a chance to free them all kinda thing?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Blue

No. Let those entitled arrogant kids get money from their parents. They made them, they can and should support them.

I will save my money for those who can and will do good.

Or, they can work for a living instead of cyber begging. They can save up their money for their dreams. Who are they going to save? " Heathens"?

I think it's absolutely absurd to imagine the Duggars doing missionary work overseas. As if their awful theology needs to be exported anywhere else. I would hope that they would be denied entry to all other countries because their goal is to promote a misogynistic form of patriarchal religion that would, at least in their case, seem to defend incestuous child molestation. JMO. But if I was on the border in one of these countries, I'd have no problem saying 'go home'.

Snipped and BBM for focus

Thanks for the info.

My own parents would laugh themselves silly at such an idea and thank their lucky stars I didn't subscribe to it.

Of course, they never treated me as a live-in maid either.

BBM- Oh, how I would love to have just one day of my daughter acting as a live in maid. That would be heaven.

BBM- Oh, how I would love to have just one day of my daughter acting as a live in maid. That would be heaven.

FWIW, and this is OT, but I would submit that you wouldn't want to have your daughter as a live-in-maid. I have aging parents, and have been essentially a live-in-maid on several occasions -- I'd be happy to do twice the work for them if it weren't because they had health problems. (I'm not complaining about the work -- I was just so sad to see them so helpless.)

Compare and contrast this:

Just moments after the decision was announced, members of the famously conservative Duggar family made their feelings known with a Bible quote posted on their official Facebook page:

“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways," the message reads. "Then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2...for-nations-wicked-ways-in-wake-of-gay-marri/

To this:

View attachment 77205

From: https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/na...iage-ruling/YoPuTWIBwv2QHMrI4yxwKK/story.html

My response:

None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am the LORD. Leviticus: 18:6

I know of Foursquare Pentecostal but not Baptist. The Duggars, I believe, would fall under the IFB umbrella (Independent Fundamental Baptist). Initially, the ideology begins there so most patriarchy/quiverfull families believe many of the same things with just a razor's edge between beliefs - just as an example: in quiverfull, a woman would immediately begin sexual relations with her husband as soon as possible after the birth of a child, or stop breastfeeding before a year, but Michelle Duggar doesn't follow that doctrine. However, the core belief common in quiverfull (eschewing birth control and allowing God's will to dictate family planning) is obviously still present.

IFB is a very loose affiliation and they themselves insist they are not a denomination. There is no official leader but certainly revered authorities (Michael & Debi Pearl; Bill Gothard; Botkins; Josh Harris, Campbells, Maxwells, etc. - whose books and seminars are popular within this circle) - some of those same books and materials, I've read, have been featured on the Duggars show. It's also been suggested that normal expectations of a P/QF family have actually been lessened for the Duggars on account of their notoriety. FWIW

Here's a link to the most common principles of the IFB in relation to the Duggars: Welcome to the Duggars World of Independent Fundamental Baptists

jesus, mary and joseph!

I've been at other threads for a few days. Have the Duggars made any type of statement since Scotus other than " pray for our nation '' ? TIA

Good news everyone!
Today is Canada Day Eve!!!
Whether you're below, or above, or far from, the 49th parallel, sorry this can't be the real thing, but it's the thought that counts eh?

[video=youtube;8gper3YkzMg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gper3YkzMg[/video]

Oh my goodness.
Whoever said Radar-On-Line was going after more Duggar documents was right.
Now RoL is attacking the Duggar claim that they have always lived debt free.
RoL claims that JBD & MD, and JD & AD have both delayed paying some debts until they were taken to court.
IMO, it's not the amounts of the debts (although I'd be worried about them, I'm sure others would see them as not being all that much) but the claims by JBD that his family has lived debt free since they were young.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/duggar-debts-lawsuits-revealed/

Oh my goodness.
Whoever said Radar-On-Line was going after more Duggar documents was right.
Now RoL is attacking the Duggar claim that they have always lived debt free.
RoL claims that JBD & MD, and JD & AD have both delayed paying some debts until they were taken to court.
IMO, it's not the amounts of the debts (although I'd be worried about them, I'm sure others would see them as not being all that much) but the claims by JBD that his family has lived debt free since they were young.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/duggar-debts-lawsuits-revealed/
I think as this unfolds, we are going to see the Duggars, and their associates, come unravelled at the seams, and somewhere in all this will be another Jim Baker/etc-type of scandal. Everyone here has been amazing at connecting the dots with all these people and different groups! Can I go even further and say, the dots connected here are ahead of the curve?
usually, I am not gleeful when people get in trouble. That is not nice. But there's a special place in my psyche for religious people who want to control things. Just the way MD was so super smug about the way she did everything.
Sure, they love everybody, even sinners, like gays, etc, so they say. Have we any idea what would happen if these P/Q nuts ever actually gained control of our govt? I think we do!
The King James version they adhere to without ever swerving is probably the worst translation...why would King James be so misogynous? Let's see, his girl cousin cut off his mother's head, a mother who abandoned him and ran off with a lover. Do these P/Q families have any idea that he was rumored to be gay as a goose, although he was a father....?
Yes, if the Duggars and their theo/political ****s ever got in control, lots of people would be in hot water, including myself and my child, being a gay mother, and maybe that's why taking potshots at the Duggars is one of the guiltiest fun things I do and read about. That, and they deserve what they are getting. The King James is full of karma-like sayings, but like the catholics that caused so much trouble for me as a child, the protestant fundies tend to stay away from Proverbs. people might just see too much of a contrast if they went there.
Just like the nuns just hated the Song of Solomon, I bet the Duggars never, ever went there because the female body was glorified.
Anyway, let's follow this thing wherever it can possibly go and expose these criminals to
humanity and hopefully they can be redeemed and possibly be good parents to the remaining minor children (NOT!) lol

I think as this unfolds, we are going to see the Duggars, and their associates, come unravelled at the seams, and somewhere in all this will be another Jim Baker/etc-type of scandal. Everyone here has been amazing at connecting the dots with all these people and different groups! Can I go even further and say, the dots connected here are ahead of the curve?
usually, I am not gleeful when people get in trouble. That is not nice. But there's a special place in my psyche for religious people who want to control things. Just the way MD was so super smug about the way she did everything.
Sure, they love everybody, even sinners, like gays, etc, so they say. Have we any idea what would happen if these P/Q nuts ever actually gained control of our govt? I think we do!
The King James version they adhere to without ever swerving is probably the worst translation...why would King James be so misogynous? Let's see, his girl cousin cut off his mother's head, a mother who abandoned him and ran off with a lover. Do these P/Q families have any idea that he was rumored to be gay as a goose, although he was a father....?
Yes, if the Duggars and their theo/political ****s ever got in control, lots of people would be in hot water, including myself and my child, being a gay mother, and maybe that's why taking potshots at the Duggars is one of the guiltiest fun things I do and read about. That, and they deserve what they are getting. The King James is full of karma-like sayings, but like the catholics that caused so much trouble for me as a child, the protestant fundies tend to stay away from Proverbs. people might just see too much of a contrast if they went there.
Just like the nuns just hated the Song of Solomon, I bet the Duggars never, ever went there because the female body was glorified.
Anyway, let's follow this thing wherever it can possibly go and expose these criminals to
humanity and hopefully they can be redeemed and possibly be good parents to the remaining minor children (NOT!) lol

Interesting information regarding King James...IMO...

OMG you guys, sorry, I thought I was only copying 2 paragraphs. LMAO, sorry!:facepalm:
]

Not to get caught up in a theological discussion, but their choice of translation of the bible is pretty low down the list of the problems with their religion/ministry/testimony.

There may be a handlful of people that would love to see anyone of these family members in office.

I, personally would be disgusted by their political BS because they are so very ignorant on the topics that they pursue.

I would never vote for someone that hasn't done any bare minimum research.

I don't want anyone having a platform in a political or any media type platform that is unhealthy for our generation or future generation.

These frauds need to be exposed for what they truly are.

edited by me for space

One of my favourite memories of singing in university choirs was that of singing Healey Willan's exquisite, hauntingly beautiful
Rise up my fair one.
It is a sensual a cappella setting of the lyrics from a section of the Canticle of Canticles, the Song of Songs,2:10 - 2:13
(I love the Shakespearean rhythms of the King James edition so here is that section.)

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;
The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;
The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away

And here are the lyrics.
Rise up my love, my fair one, and come away.
For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone.
The flowers appear upon the earth.
The time of singing of birds is come.
Arise my love, my fair one, and come away.

There are some lovely performance of this piece on you tube.
Here are two I think you might enjoy.

1. The Innismara Vocal Ensemble
[video=youtube;mCALodowDs4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCALodowDs4[/video]

Rise up my love, my fair one, and come away.
For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone.
The flowers appear upon the earth.
The time of singing of birds is come.
Arise my love, my fair one, and come away.

Here is the second.

The Stanford Chamber Chorale
[video=youtube;Jsa_dmA-mg8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsa_dmA-mg8[/video]

Really? I didn't expect an entire book.

longest post ever, again sorry, it's gone now,had no idea it would post the entire article. all one needs to do is google "King James I was gay" and a plethora of articles cometh forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member