GUILTY AR - Malik Drummond, 2, Searcy, 23 Nov 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to put this out there, but it was just twilight or after dark when sweet little Malik Drummond is said to have walked out of his house. Then, the scent trail leads to the park but not back. The park is near a major roadway. If you google Searcy and coyotes, you'll see that they had to cull them a few years back. I spent some time last night looking up how coyotes move around urbanized areas. They move in the dark along major roadways often, extremely stealthy and adaptable. Often the only way to track them are motion detection cameras set to capture them in the dark, in neighborhoods where there are never any reports of their actually being seen. They scout an area, then return every two nights or so to scout the same area. A small vulnerable child would be easy prey for them. Late November is when the young coyotes strike out on their own usually, returning to the areas that was scouted with their pack as they adapt. I hope and pray that this is a completely wrong line of thought and apologize for it's gruesome implications. Locals would have a better read if coyotes are still an issue for them.

I haven't seen a "Find Malik" FaceBook page. No Nancy Grace? Isn't that the usual when a child goes missing?

I saw one. It was just to raise money for a reward leading to information......

ETA: So, it could be a scam.

I hate to put this out there, but it was just twilight or after dark when sweet little Malik Drummond is said to have walked out of his house. Then, scent trail leads to the park but not back. The park is near a major roadway. If you google Searcy and coyotes, you'll see that they had to cull them a few years back. I spent some time last night looking up how coyotes move around urbanized areas. They move in the dark along major roadways often, extremely stealthy and adaptable. Often the only way to track them are motion detection cameras set capture them in the dark, in neighborhoods where there are never any reports of their actually being seen. They scout an area, then return every two nights or so to scout the same area. A small vulnerable child would be easy prey for them. Late November is when the young coyotes strike out on their own usually, returning to the areas that was scouted with their pack as they adapt. I hope and pray that this is a completely wrong line of thought and apologize for it's gruesome implications. Locals would have a better read if coyotes are still an issue for them.

Didn't we just learn that when children wander away from their homes and disappear, coyotes (and lizards) are their friends?

some place like that would make sense IF he wandered off

Agreed. I think I was surprised more by the "based on a tip" part, which I may be overthinking. I just assumed places like that would already be considered as a possibility (and checked, if possible) if he wandered off.

I didn't realize bio mom has three kids. For some reason, I assumed the other young child in that house belonged to the stepmom.

I dont know how they do it ,but they do .

Emmit Trapp 2 from AZ , wondered over 4 miles around his home and for at least 24 hours and was found deceased 2 days into a search that started promptly used every resource .Dogs, choppers ,trackers, It is heartbreaking.

Then we had Robert wood (6) in VA non stop 24 hr searches and it still took 6 days to find him. Alive The amount of people in the area he was in was amazing. He was found by a guy outside the search area who decided to check on a hunch...

Keep the faith...

wow...ET went 4 miles? :(

Didn't we just learn that when children wander away from their homes and disappear, coyotes (and lizards) are their friends?

( :shakehead: I need to go back and see what became of all that...)

I saw one. It was just to raise money for a reward leading to information......

ETA: So, it could be a scam.

(O/T, just wondering if there has ever been a case where the missing kid was a scam for reward money? tia)

I don't see a good outcome for Malik. Even if he did get outside on his own and found a place to hide, I don't believe he would still be there. After a while he would start missing his mommy and daddy, he would want to get warm, get food and a dry diaper (if he hasn't been potty trained). I feel like after the first day (within 24 hours) he would be crying and trying to find someone to help him.

I personally don't believe he ever left the house but then I can't explain the sister pointing to the door when asked where Malik was. Maybe that's another untruth. But if I'm right I don't think it was deliberate, more of an accident and everybody panicked. My feeling is that if the bio mom sensed any animosity from the step-mom or dad or if she had any inkling that her children may be in danger while visiting dad her response would be different now. I don't believe there were any outward signs of trouble. Maybe the step mom ran the bath water and while she was busy with dinner, Malik wandered into the bathroom and fell in. I hope not but I feel like this isn't a child that wandered away from home.

Also, someone up thread posted they thought the uncle's statement that Malik whined when he talked was strange. I do too. I understand that toddlers sometimes whine when they want something and mommy said no but I don't understand what the uncle means by whines when he talks. If he does whine and cry a lot, maybe this could be a trigger for whatever happened.

Praying for this little fellow. Lord please bring him home safe. Of course, all of this is JMO

BBM:

#FindMalik: Search enters 4th day, fewer volunteers show
THV 11 Staff, news source 9:52 a.m. CST November 26, 2014
Marielle Mohs reports on site
http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...nters-4th-day-fewer-volunteers-show/19525637/
http://www.thv11.com/picture-galler...hotos-the-search-for-malik-drummond/19474235/

According to police, Malik wandered out of his home while his father was napping in the same room. After initially saying they did not suspect foul play, Searcy police are now saying they are looking into every and all possibilities.

Malik was last seen at his home on the 700 block of West Park around 6 p.m. Sunday, November 23. According to the parents, Malik wandered out of his home while his father was napping in the same room. He was wearing brown pants and a blue shirt when he disappeared.

Just to refresh, the home from which Malik Drummond went missing. As you can see the area is replete with businesses that would have security cams which according to broadcasts from last night, LE has begun to check.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=35.246834~-91.744904&lvl=18&sty=h&sp=Point.pw70jx7bn373_Malik's%2520dad's%2520home%2520by%2520this%2520corner____&form=LMLTCC

So, the father was napping in the same room?

That would make it extra risky for someone to come in and remove the child then without being heard...unless he was deeply, deeply, deeply sleeping or they were super quiet and stealthy...

(O/T, just wondering if there has ever been a case where the missing kid was a scam for reward money? tia)

I don't know, but it would be a pretty dumb stunt! To be clear, and I'm not saying you misunderstood me, by "scam" I meant someone totally unrelated to the case at all trying to scam people out of money. Not that it IS that, but what I read on the page provided no useful information.

I hate to put this out there, but it was just twilight or after dark when sweet little Malik Drummond is said to have walked out of his house. Then, the scent trail leads to the park but not back. The park is near a major roadway. If you google Searcy and coyotes, you'll see that they had to cull them a few years back. I spent some time last night looking up how coyotes move around urbanized areas. They move in the dark along major roadways often, extremely stealthy and adaptable. Often the only way to track them are motion detection cameras set capture them in the dark, in neighborhoods where there are never any reports of their actually being seen. They scout an area, then return every two nights or so to scout the same area. A small vulnerable child would be easy prey for them. Late November is when the young coyotes strike out on their own usually, returning to the areas that was scouted with their pack as they adapt. I hope and pray that this is a completely wrong line of thought and apologize for it's gruesome implications. Locals would have a better read if coyotes are still an issue for them.

I added the park and scent trail to the map. Just want to make sure I have the correct park, if anyone knows pls? TIA https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zZD4sPiErdd8.kcLZMIQtHaqY

One last thing I want to mention before I go back to read is that I work with a lot of autistic kids...one of them in particular is quite the runner and escape artist (and VERY FAST)...his teachers have even had to chase him down the street on a couple occasions...but he is not 2, he's 6...I just don't see how he could have gotten very far, therefore imo IF he did wander off, he's got to be hidden somehow.

Margarita, would an autistic child be afraid if he found himself alone, outside and in the dark?

I am only guessing, but unless the warm sun was on his back, or he was trying to catch up to a puppy or a kitty,.. and he felt very physically comfortable, would he be likely to wander at that age? Wouldn't most 2 year olds do their best to get back inside the house and be near their parents? I imagine most would be crying at the door to get inside.

I don't know, but it would be a pretty dumb stunt! To be clear, and I'm not saying you misunderstood me, by "scam" I meant someone totally unrelated to the case at all trying to scam people out of money. Not that it IS that, but what I read on the page provided no useful information.

I knew you were referring to an unrelated third party. :)

Not sure if this is cricket to do, but the SPD has this on their FB page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Searcy-Police-Department/357099801070928
The search continues for Malik.
The neighborhood was once again searched today by over a dozen officers and trained searchers from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (including trained K9s). Literally no stone has been unturned. Unfortunately nothing indicating Malik's whereabouts was located. We realize there is shared frustration, but please be respectful to all involved. Thank you and please share any information related to this matter by calling 501-268-3531. Information provided on Facebook pages are very difficult to disseminate so please call. Thank you and continue to to pray for this child's safe location.

Foul play not ruled out in Malik Drummond disappearance
By George Brown - 11:33 am Nov. 26, '14 @ 11:33 am
http://wreg.com/2014/11/26/foul-play-not-ruled-out-in-malik-drummond-disappearance/

My neighbor has an autistic son and based on how he talks, I can understand what the uncle means when he says "whiney." It's not really whiney, it's just the way he pronunciates some words almost like frustrated because you can't understand what he's wanting/saying. MOE

Do we know where it was first stated that Malik was autistic? Just wondering if that is accurate, if it was a mistake or rumor that got legs, or if (as someone stated earlier) it was added by LE or a missing organization.

I was already wondering if it was accurate, then reading on mom's FB page, a friend (who states they have been friends since 2010) asks when they found out Malik was autistic. Another oddity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member