GUILTY AR - Malik Drummond, 2, Searcy, 23 Nov 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
sarx, thank you for joining us!

So it sounds like the cadaver dogs alerting at the boat ramp just indicates a likelihood of a deceased person there at some point, with no real indicators of how long ago it might have happened (and no indication of the identity, of course, based on your #1 response).

I imagine that lingering scents can really confound an investigation at times. This scent could be from someone months or even years ago, right?

Honestly, a single point is not generally a body dumping ground, though anything is possible, and there have been cases where a dog has alerted on a search and it ended up being a different victim than who they were looking for, but it's not all that common.

What the dog is trained on in terms of water scenting would give answers/clues as to whether it was fresh or old. And of course, there is always the chance of a false alert. I can only call a dog's alert 100% accurate if a find happens because of their work.

I think I got all of the questions/SAR related answers, but if I missed something, just ask and I will try to answer. Hope it helps. Sometimes the answers are clear as mud and make it more confusing, welcome to the world of SAR where not much is black and white.

I think it was meant that it had concluded for the day because of nightfall. It is not uncommon at all for river and lake searches to take days and days, especially if the water is murky and they have to touch search.

Authorities say a dive team has concluded its search of the Little Red River in Searcy after finding no clues in the disappearance of missing toddler Malik Drummond.

Divers began searching the waters of the river that runs by the city's northeast side Tuesday after receiving a tip. But Searcy Police Department spokesman Cpl. Steve Hernandez said the water search "did not turn anything up."

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2014/dec/03/search-river-turns-no-clues-toddlers-disappearance/

This is from the 3rd (Wednesday) I figured it meant concluded full stop. You think they could still be searching it? I haven't heard or seen anything since apart from SPD stating several agencies are searching/investigating.

Searcy Police Dept. @SearcyPD · 24h 24 hours ago
@PamelaF***** search/investigation ongoing as we speak. We can't stress enough anyone w info 501-268-3531 thanks 4 your concern #FindMalik

Searcy Police Dept. @SearcyPD · Dec 3
Facts: 1 Malik is still missing. 2 Searcy Police, WCSO, ASP, FBI, & othr agencies diligently searching/investigating #FindMalik 501-268-3531

https://twitter.com/SearcyPD

Authorities say a dive team has concluded its search of the Little Red River in Searcy after finding no clues in the disappearance of missing toddler Malik Drummond.

Divers began searching the waters of the river that runs by the city's northeast side Tuesday after receiving a tip. But Searcy Police Department spokesman Cpl. Steve Hernandez said the water search "did not turn anything up."

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2014/dec/03/search-river-turns-no-clues-toddlers-disappearance/

This is from the 3rd (Wednesday) I figured it meant concluded full stop. You think they could still be searching it? I haven't heard or seen anything since apart from SPD stating several agencies are searching/investigating.

Searcy Police Dept. @SearcyPD · 24h 24 hours ago
@PamelaF***** search/investigation ongoing as we speak. We can't stress enough anyone w info 501-268-3531 thanks 4 your concern #FindMalik

Searcy Police Dept. @SearcyPD · Dec 3
Facts: 1 Malik is still missing. 2 Searcy Police, WCSO, ASP, FBI, & othr agencies diligently searching/investigating #FindMalik 501-268-3531

https://twitter.com/SearcyPD

So, I saw one msm report that said something about concluding and nightfall. That would lead me to believe they were coming back, but the one you have there would say it's done, so beats me, lol.

I think I got all of the questions/SAR related answers, but if I missed something, just ask and I will try to answer. Hope it helps. Sometimes the answers are clear as mud and make it more confusing, welcome to the world of SAR where not much is black and white.

I'm linking Thread #1 just in case. I'm not sure if your responses include questions from both threads (or if any SAR questions were being posted back then)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263166

It was started on 11/23/14

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Sarx for the info.

The other dogs sniffed Malik's shoes to track him. I wish they had let the dogs sniff the adult shoes to see where they headed that day.

Thank you so very much, sarx, for going through up thread and your great answers. It helps a lot. Hope your cat is feeling up and better.

Timeline: The search for Malik Drummond
By Amy Geswein of THV 11 Staff, news source December 5, 2014 03:01 pm cst
http://www.thv11.com/story/news/local/2014/12/05/timeline-the-search-for-malik-drummond/19960935/

So, when is the last verified time/day someone else outside of the house in question saw this baby?

So, when is the last verified time/day someone else outside of the house in question saw this baby?

There's the $64,000 question. No one (that I'm aware of) has come forward with that info. Last *known* sighting is from girlfriend in the home, that Sunday somewhere before 5:30 when she allegedly went to take a bath, while dinner was cooking.

At no time, that's known, other than the SM noticed he wasn't there at 5:45, and below a recent story blurb has it like this:
He was last seen about 5:45 p.m. Nov. 23 in the 700 block of West Park St., between Pleasure Avenue and West Beebe Capps Expressway, wearing brown pants and a blue shirt.
https://www.facebook.com/dailycitizen/posts/10152468449880143

That's what I was thinking. Heck, if my 2 cats are in another room for 30 minutes, I am likely to peek in to make sure nothing nefarious is occurring.

This is a great time to bump the mayor's statement re: a lost cat:
<looking for link>

This frustrates me to no end and the reason I've been quietly reading about Malik, but not commenting that much!

Just WHO takes a bath, or gives a kid a bath while supper is cooking?? Maybe their cooking skills or time management is much better than mine, because be darn if I can do anything besides cook. Something always wants to burn if I leave to do anything!! I don't know, I just don't like this case at all. I don't feel good about. But I keep praying.

This frustrates me to no end and the reason I've been quietly reading about Malik, but not commenting that much!

Just WHO takes a bath, or gives a kid a bath while supper is cooking?? Maybe their cooking skills or time management is much better than mine, because be darn if I can do anything besides cook. Something always wants to burn if I leave to do anything!! I don't know, I just don't like this case at all. I don't feel good about. But I keep praying.

And if you do have something cooking, do you leave a 2 yr old wandering alone in the house while you take one child into the bath ? That makes no sense.

And I don't think she was microwaving because nothing microwaves long enough for one to bathe a child or oneself. She had something on the stove or in the oven. And a 2 yr old, possibly autistic child, should not be left unattended around cooking /baking food. Or an open front door for that matter.

It is frustrating :(

And the bath story just doesn't make any sense. Even if you were the greatest cook and rocked at time management, 30 minutes? You take 30 minutes to bath a toddler, whilst dinner is cooking KNOWING two 2 yr old are out there in the living room alone, 30 minutes.... What were you doing in the bathroom for 30 minutes? If you were that good at time management to be able to bath a toddler in these circumstances you could have them washed and out in 5 minutes! And if it took longer you would stick your head out the bathroom every few minutes to check on the other 2, the house is small, it's not a mansion, it has no upstairs even, but no, according to her story she was in the bathroom for 30 minutes without coming out. Mind boggling!

So quiet in here. Where are you sweet little man? Hearts are breaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay