AR AR - Malvern, WhtMale 1415UMAR, 25-35, hitchhiker in submerged car, p/u Louisville, Oct'84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't have anything useful to add to the conversation but I think he looks like a John. I could see Craig or Joey but I see John lol probably because he reminds me of my ex named John

Also he looks Brazilian to me

Bump, whilst I read through. Any new theories?

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

I have to ask - is this being treated as a suicide by LEs and MEs? It seems like a suicide to me if the doe didn't get out if the car like the other guy did, the survivor. I find it odd that the doe wouldn't disclose his name to the man he hitched with. I saw on doenet that they ate breakfast together - surely if they were that friendly he might have said his name, of course it is possible to lie.
I don't think was a case of he decided to end his life. I would hope he fought desperately not to drown before his body eventually gave out - he was submerged for anywhere from upto a half hour. Don't you think if he could have gotten out, he would have tried? Will to live and all that.

I came across the UID today and found a possible match. Same height, hair and eye colour. The UID was hitchhiking back to California, where Damato was from.

I would like to know what you all think and if I should submit it.

**WARNING! Post Mortem Photo**
https://identifyus.org/cases/3123

Frank Joseph Damato
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/damato_frank.html

I agree you should submit, but at 5'9" and 180 pounds, he didn't wear a 14 1/2 shirt and 28 waist pants. Obviously Mr. Damato could have lost weight in the intervening months.

So, I'm not great at matching people, probably because I'm new to this, but I came a crossed this missing person
and he reminded me of this UID. There's like no info about him and the picture is pretty grainy but he looks like him (to my untrained eye at least)

Also Jasper AL (where he was last seen) is straight up 65 to Louisville KY where the guy picked him up the UID.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I'm not great at matching people, probably because I'm new to this, but I came a crossed this missing person
and he reminded me of this UID. There's like no info about him and the picture is pretty grainy but he looks like him (to my untrained eye at least)

Also Jasper AL (where he was last seen) is straight up 65 to Louisville KY where the guy picked him up the UID.

Any thoughts?
I'm new too. Hello! 👋

Here is both together. Sucks it sucks a grainy photo with no information. I think they look similar. Did you submit it?
cbe4260dafe15cdcf2788f348380c5c7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm new too. Hello! 👋

Here is both together. Sucks it sucks a grainy photo with no information. I think they look similar. Did you submit it?
cbe4260dafe15cdcf2788f348380c5c7.jpg

No I don't even know where to begin.

I actually found a link (findagrave) at the bottom of the page I posted above that gave a statement from his sister, after reading it I don't think it's him.

Where is the owner of the vehicle today? Does he have any other information that may be important now that he may have remembered?

Where is the owner of the vehicle today? Does he have any other information that may be important now that he may have remembered?
No idea if they even know where he is, or if he's alive or dead.

I think of this case all the time.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk

I can't find any articles about it or anything. One thing I wanna know is when the guy got out of the truck was the UID awake, knocked out from impact, etc.

I remember reading the guy was able to get out, but UID was unable to get out, but that could mean a number of things.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk

I can't find any articles about it or anything. One thing I wanna know is when the guy got out of the truck was the UID awake, knocked out from impact, etc.

Hi Peppered. Good question. I think it depends on how they struck the water. If water was pouring into the car, he most likely didn't even have time to check on the driver. He might have been fight or flight mode, just trying to get out of the vehicle.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HopelessTrueCrimeCouple
Back