AR AR - Morgan Nick, 6, Alma, 9 Jun 1995

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mother of Morgan Nick Angry About Stolen Identity Attempt

What could have been the key to Morgan Nick's missing person's case instead spelled more heartbreak for her mother.

"I would have loved for it to have been her, but at least we know," mom Colleen Nick said.

"Last week,we found out someone had applied for Morgan's birth certificate," Nick said. "It was not Morgan. It was not anyone who knew Morgan."

More: http://ozarksfirst.com/fulltext?nxd_id=685482

Mother of Morgan Nick Angry About Stolen Identity Attempt

What could have been the key to Morgan Nick's missing person's case instead spelled more heartbreak for her mother.

"I would have loved for it to have been her, but at least we know," mom Colleen Nick said.

"Last week,we found out someone had applied for Morgan's birth certificate," Nick said. "It was not Morgan. It was not anyone who knew Morgan."

More: http://ozarksfirst.com/fulltext?nxd_id=685482

I'm glad they caught them, what a sad situation for the parents. :sigh:

I caught that story on the local news... I was going to post it, but I forgot.

People just amaze me. The Morgan Nick case is probably the most well-known missing persons case in Arkansas. How did she think she would get away with something like that? I hope she and who ever she associated with is thoroughly investigated. You just never know if she or someone she knows is involved.

What a cruel thing to do-this family's been through enough!

Bumping for Morgan's 24th birthday :)
I have faith we will find you, and I will never lose that faith. Ever

http://www.thv11.com/news/article/263980/2/Ohio-missing-teens-case-reminiscent-of-Morgan-Nick

Arkansas is no stranger to a long-unsolved missing child's case.

Morgan Chauntel Nick was abducted from an Alma baseball field at 10:45 p.m. June 9, 1995. She was last seen standing near her mother's car emptying her sand from her shoes after chasing lightning bugs.

"You can't describe what it's like wondering if your child is hurt or scared or if they're hungry," said Colleen Nick, Morgan's mother, when interviewed in 1995.

Morgan's parents believe that she is still alive and hope that with continued media coverage, someone will be able to provide them with information that could bring their daughter home.

Another new article...

We know that kids come home’: Cleveland story sparks hope for parents of long-lost children

Morgan Nick vanished at a Little League game when she was 6 years old in 1995. Nearly two decades later, her mother hasn’t given up hope that she’ll come home, just like the three women discovered Monday afternoon in Cleveland.

Elizabeth Smart. Jaycee Dugard. Shawn Hornbeck. Many parents of missing children repeat these names like a mantra — each one is evidence that their long-lost child is not a lost cause.

Now Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michele Knight can be added to that list of found children. The discovery of the three Ohio women on Monday is exactly the kind of hope that keeps parents of missing children going, long after their search has stopped making sense to us outsiders.

“Whether that hope is a realistic hope varies enormously from one situation to the next,” says Gregory Greif, a professor of social work at the University of Maryland who has worked with families of long-term missing children. “With non-family abductions, when children are missing for more than a decade, it’s extremely rare for a child to be found.”

Nearly 800,000 children vanish each year — that’s an average of 2,185 every day, according to the latest statistics from the U.S. Department of Justice. About 99 percent of children taken by strangers return home alive, most of them within 24 hours. After 24 hours, the chance of recovering the lost child shrinks.

“Basically, when you’re talking about kids who’ve been abducted by strangers, only [a small percentage] of those actually make it back home,” says Colleen Nick, whose 6-year-old daughter Morgan disappeared on June 9, 1995. But even that small number means there is a chance, she adds.

“My reaction to this amazing recovery is joy,” Nick says of the women found in Cleveland. “My daughter is missing long-term and I fight for her every day. We know that there are kids out there waiting to be recovered, and it really takes an everyday hero. We know that kids come home.”

Attachments

• morgan.jpg
    morgan.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 128
Maybe now people will open up there eyes about the issue of missing children. It has always been an issue on the back burner.

You aren't forgotten Morgan. You never will be. You are out there somewhere, we all just need to be vigilant and keep you out in the public eye.

Did anything ever come of that MySpace profile with the girl that looked like Morgan (and same name and birthdate??)???

Did anything ever come of that MySpace profile with the girl that looked like Morgan (and same name and birthdate??)???
I have been wondering the same thing. It seems like it was never confirmed that the young woman was not Morgan. I have also wondered about something else-it seems that Morgan's mother was a single mom at the time of her disappearance, so was her father thoroughly investigated??

I have been speaking to someone who "claims" they know the person who abducted her. I have slowly been collecting information from them and spoke with a detective who is running the investigation last Monday we spoke for about 20 minutes. He told me they get around a 1000 tips a week still, but not much come of them bc they only get a first name. However he did find where the arkansas state police did forward my email to them, and went over it with me and told me that looks like one of the best tips they've had in awhile bc I provided them with a first and last name and a date of birth. Detective Peppas asked me if this the information I was told just made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I told him it was, he says that's a pretty good indicator. He told me to keep getting all the information I can from this guy but to be careful bc if they get involved to question him he'll clam up and won't say a word. If my CI is making all this up about this guy he's good then, but the information I'm getting is this isn't his first and definitely not his last he has several abductions and murders under his belt. I have been looking for Morgan for a long time. I was only 12 when she disappeared, I live in Central Arkansas and my brothers played ball I can remember them passing flyers around the ball park. I got into missing persons around 2001 and began volunteering with the morgan nick foundation. I try and research all of Arkansas's case's because their are some really old case's that are beyond cold. I'm hoping everything I'm passing on to the Detectives really helps get closer and closer to solving this case. I have met Colleen, Taryn, Logan and her grandparents years ago when we walked from MacArthur park to our state capitol everyone carrying a picture of a child missing, and recovered. Just remember "Love always hopes"

Tiffy,

I am glad that you have contacted LE with your tip. I can only hope LE can develop the tip into a break for Morgan's case. Thanks for your hard work!

Let's all stay aware that anyone, anywhere can view the posts on this thread. I am a little worried about you Tiffy, and what could happen if the person feeding you information saw this and figured out you were working with LE?

Stay safe!

I have been speaking to someone who "claims" they know the person who abducted her. I have slowly been collecting information from them and spoke with a detective who is running the investigation last Monday we spoke for about 20 minutes. He told me they get around a 1000 tips a week still, but not much come of them bc they only get a first name. However he did find where the arkansas state police did forward my email to them, and went over it with me and told me that looks like one of the best tips they've had in awhile bc I provided them with a first and last name and a date of birth. Detective Peppas asked me if this the information I was told just made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I told him it was, he says that's a pretty good indicator. He told me to keep getting all the information I can from this guy but to be careful bc if they get involved to question him he'll clam up and won't say a word. If my CI is making all this up about this guy he's good then, but the information I'm getting is this isn't his first and definitely not his last he has several abductions and murders under his belt. I have been looking for Morgan for a long time. I was only 12 when she disappeared, I live in Central Arkansas and my brothers played ball I can remember them passing flyers around the ball park. I got into missing persons around 2001 and began volunteering with the morgan nick foundation. I try and research all of Arkansas's case's because their are some really old case's that are beyond cold. I'm hoping everything I'm passing on to the Detectives really helps get closer and closer to solving this case. I have met Colleen, Taryn, Logan and her grandparents years ago when we walked from MacArthur park to our state capitol everyone carrying a picture of a child missing, and recovered. Just remember "Love always hopes"

1000 tips a week for a 18-year-old case? Is that a typo? Or maybe there was a misunderstanding? 'Cause I find that really hard to believe. I don't see how it's possible since the case is not in the news on a regular basis anymore. 1000 tips/week is what cases that are all over the national news, very recent, get.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234
Back