GUILTY AR - Sydney Sutherland, 25, found deceased, Jackson Co., went for a jog, 19 Aug 2020 *ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tint tickets are very common here in Northeast Arkansas.

No there not. lived here my whole life and only heard of 1 person ever given a ticket.
Ah OK. Well I'm a white dude who's been pulled over in central Arkansas a couple times at least and never been issue though I was legally too dark. Just odd to me to not have a speeding citation or other alongside it

They straight up pull you over just on tint? Remind me never to go to NE AR.

I’ve lived in NEA my entire life, and only know if 1 person ever mention getting a tint ticket.

I agree about commenting on his physicality. I had to leave one of the social media groups because of their incessant attacks on his body type. I am so grateful that through all the years I’ve been part of this forum we have held enough respect for each other to not stoop to bullying.

Thank you for commenting on this. I agree, making assumptions about someone based on their physical appearance is a form of bullying. Bullying can be a triggering factor for mental illnesses. Any form of bullying should not be tolerated. I certainly would be upset if someone made negative assumptions about me based on my physical appearance. We as a society can be better than this.

I spent several hours on mapquest, google earth investigating this loop of county roads where SS ran -- nothing but fields and pastures. It had to be the safest place in America for SS to run until it wasn't. This man ruined so many lives including his own. Devastating. Hope he never has another day of peace.

Yes, most of the area here on both sides of Crowley’s Ridge is flat farm land with a whole lot of gravel county roads. As a teenager we use to drive similar roads here frequently, and you can go a long time on a road without seeing any other cars come by. I’m sure QL knew this, and probably wasn’t too afraid of someone driving by during his attack.

What’s your sense? Did he just happen upon her on that desolate road? Was it near his land? Crime of opportunity or was he following her? Or hunting?
I’m not the OP, but I am a NEA resident so I can give a little insight regarding your question. It depends on her jogging routine. Without knowing this information it’s hard to determine what motivated his attack that day. It’s also possible it was a crime of opportunity considering the rural area there is surrounded by large fields connected by long flat gravel roads with few houses. The topography of the area would make it easy to spot another vehicle coming over a mile away since the land is absolutely flat with few trees due to farmland.

Everyone is making a point of stating how significant it is that he knew her/she knew him. However, they are not taking into account just how low populated Jackson Co is. The largest town (there’s no cities in Jackson Co) has around 8,000 residents. It isn’t far fetched to assume most people know each other either directly/indirectly in Jackson Co. Taking into account that both families have long ties there, it’s even more likely they knew each other in some capacity. It doesn’t mean they were regular acquaintances or friends.

My point is that it’s possible he’s had this fantasy about her for a while if she tends to have the same running route that he regularly travels down. I think reports say he lived close to where she was abducted. Close meaning a few miles which for that area with few houses is considered close.
However, it’s also possible that this was a crime of opportunity. For whatever reason, something triggered him that day to comment such a horrible crime on another human being. And she was simply there at the moment when his urges were at the peek.

It’s impossible to know the motivation and circumstances of why he did this to SS without knowing more facts. Everything right now is just speculation.

I’m not the OP, but I am a NEA resident so I can give a little insight regarding your question. It depends on her jogging routine. Without knowing this information it’s hard to determine what motivated his attack that day. It’s also possible it was a crime of opportunity considering the rural area there is surrounded by large fields connected by long flat gravel roads with few houses. The topography of the area would make it easy to spot another vehicle coming over a mile away since the land is absolutely flat with few trees due to farmland.

Everyone is making a point of stating how significant it is that he knew her/she knew him. However, they are not taking into account just how low populated Jackson Co is. The largest town (there’s no cities in Jackson Co) has around 8,000 residents. It isn’t far fetched to assume most people know each other either directly/indirectly in Jackson Co. Taking into account that both families have long ties there, it’s even more likely they knew each other in some capacity. It doesn’t mean they were regular acquaintances or friends.

My point is that it’s possible he’s had this fantasy about her for a while if she tends to have the same running route that he regularly travels down. I think reports say he lived close to where she was abducted. Close meaning a few miles which for that area with few houses is considered close.
However, it’s also possible that this was a crime of opportunity. For whatever reason, something triggered him that day to comment such a horrible crime on another human being. And she was simply there at the moment when his urges were at the peek.

It’s impossible to know the motivation and circumstances of why he did this to SS without knowing more facts. Everything right now is just speculation.

Sorry, I accidentally clicked on my own post instead of the post I intended to reply to. I’m new and still learning websleuths.

Yeah we will see. If it's his first time he went big. There's plenty of meth heads and prostitutes around that would have been 1000 times easier. Taking death penalty off table could be the only incentive to talk if there are any more victims. There are two missing blondes in the area the last couple of years. Brooke Allensworth and Priscalla Austin. Neither have been linked. But their names haven't been forgotten around these parts.

Aren't the other missing person cases from a few years ago? If so I don’t think it was QL. I mean it’s possible, but it doesn’t really fit with the typical MO for a early 20s man to commit those type of crimes.

SS had a routine and I'm sure she recognized the same people driving CR 41 mid-afternoon including the UPS driver and probably QL. The County Roads are in somewhat of a maze but Hwy 18 (major) and CR 41, the road QL alleges he abducted her from, intersect. I don't know where QL lives but I don't think it would be unusual/suspicious for him to be seen on either of those two roads.

What bothers me here is why this time? Why didn't QL keep driving like he probably had hundreds of times before? He told investigators that he saw SS and passed her but then he turned his truck around. I don't know if he's done this before but I think he's been thinking, fantasizing about it. He was deliberate.
I'd also like to know if he was also at the gym on Wednesday. If he saw SS at the gym earlier then I definitely think he hunted her that afternoon.

Authorities finding SS's phone undamaged kind of throws me off because I'm not convinced he "abducted" her from the road. SS is quick, agile. I don't think SS feared him, and I think they were friendly. I think QL somehow got SS close to his truck. He may have even offered her a ride. Once inside she was trapped. Maybe QL threw the phone out the window.

I believe SS had to be incapacitated when QL drive 3 miles with her. I'm still looking over details, thinking, ....it's a long time until October's arraignment.

MOO

Do you happen to know what town the gym is that she frequented? I’ve got conflicting reports stating she went to a gym in Jonesboro, but I find this a little off unless she worked in Jonesboro. However, if she lived and worked in Newport it seems odd she would frequent a gym in Jonesboro. That’s a good 45 min drive. Also, do you know if QL went to the same gym as SS?

I see Arkansas is getting slammed with severe weather from Tropical Storm Laura. I can only imagine how somber the atmosphere is in that community. Hopefully everyone stays safe. I believe the funeral is set for tomorrow. It seems they are having a traditional viewing at a funeral home. I hate to be graphic but this makes me think it may be an open casket. I hope the rumors that she was burned were not true and the family can give her a proper burial.
I see Arkansas is getting slammed with severe weather from Tropical Storm Laura. I can only imagine how somber the atmosphere is in that community. Hopefully everyone stays safe. I believe the funeral is set for tomorrow. It seems they are having a traditional viewing at a funeral home. I hate to be graphic but this makes me think it may be an open casket. I hope the rumors that she was burned were not true and the family can give her a proper burial.
I hope the funeral wasn’t for today. It’s still pouring rain in NEA area. Just seems that would be added stress on the family.

Do you happen to know what town the gym is that she frequented? I’ve got conflicting reports stating she went to a gym in Jonesboro, but I find this a little off unless she worked in Jonesboro. However, if she lived and worked in Newport it seems odd she would frequent a gym in Jonesboro. That’s a good 45 min drive. Also, do you know if QL went to the same gym as SS?
She worked out at Bare Fit Personal Fitness in Jonesboro.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kj...ing-Jackson-Co-mother-last-seen-jogging?_amp_

No there not. lived here my whole life and only heard of 1 person ever given a ticket.

I’ve lived in NEA my entire life, and only know if 1 person ever mention getting a tint ticket.

I’m from Jonesboro and the cops there were infamous for giving tint tickets. I know of more than 10 people who have gotten them, even a few who have had their tint scraped off by officers.

She worked in Newport, went to the gym in Jonesboro. And I believe barefit is more of a personal training gym, it’s not your typical gym with a lot of people in and out at once.

Was reported lived in Jonesboro but actually not finding a source on that being his farmland right there. I try to stick to facts I've read, am I wrong? I will try to check later. If you know better let me know.

Jonesboro is not in Jackson Co. Jonesboro is in Craighead Co. It was reported he lived in Jackson Co. between Grubbs and Newport.

She worked in Newport, went to the gym in Jonesboro. And I believe barefit is more of a personal training gym, it’s not your typical gym with a lot of people in and out at once.

I know
Nothing about him being armed. But it's Arkansas there is almost no doubt he carries a gun. So probably folks are assuming or speculating because he's way to huge to be able to catch her unless he had her cornered.
I know lots more people that DONT carry a gun here in Arkansas than do carry one. Please don’t generalize us into one clump.

Thank you for commenting on this. I agree, making assumptions about someone based on their physical appearance is a form of bullying. Bullying can be a triggering factor for mental illnesses. Any form of bullying should not be tolerated. I certainly would be upset if someone made negative assumptions about me based on my physical appearance. We as a society can be better than this.

Unfortunately, I've seen bullying many times on WS, but only when the perp. was a woman. The comments have most often been about weight, but not always. We have further to go as a society, much further.

I understand because the school district likely served a small number of students, they put the 8th grade with the high school but 18-year-old men should not be interacting with 13-14 year olds.

Quake was voted most talkative?! I know it was a small class but still. Did everyone get a superlative? Interesting. He was speculated as being quiet from the man (a cousin) who was interviewed on a YouTube true crime channel...although the man said he didn’t know Quake very well. Quake may have changed after high school but if he is in fact a confident, talkative person, the theory that he struck up a conversation with Sydney to get her defenses down may ring true.

I understand because the school district likely served a small number of students, they put the 8th grade with the high school but 18-year-old men should not be interacting with 13-14 year olds.

Quake was voted most talkative?! I know it was a small class but still. Did everyone get a superlative? Interesting. He was speculated as being quiet from the man (a cousin) who was interviewed on a YouTube true crime channel...although the man said he didn’t know Quake very well. Quake may have changed after high school but if he is in fact a confident, talkative person, the theory that he struck up a conversation with Sydney to get her defenses down may ring true.
BBM Most other countries do not have middle schools and kids go to high school at 12 and leave at 17 or 18. I don't think that it causes many problems. MOO.

Although I'm positive it has no bearing on this case Arkansas allows for other minors to have sex with people under the age of consent (16) if there's no more than a 4 year age difference. So 13+17 is legal but 14+18 isn't.

There were 51 senior pictures and 14 superlatives, each of which had a male and female recipient for 28 so more than half, even if some seniors who received superlatives that didn't submit senior photos (like myself)

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back