Found Deceased AR - Sydney Sutherland, 25, Jackson Co., went for a jog, 19 Aug 2020 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but... I don't understand the emphasis of "met at the gym" and why that's such a big deal? Can someone clarify that for me? I think it's perfectly normal to be introduced to someone at the gym that you end up dating
Oh I do too think meeting there is normal. I just never imagined him going to a gym based on his body type. It puts him in a perfect position to prey on women and matches his taste apparently.

This is so awful. RIP Sydney. This is particularly sickening because this beautiful young woman was simply taking care of herself, her body, and her health, only to be ambushed and have it all taken away from her. What in the hell is wrong with this world we live in now in 2020? Remember 2019 when a woman could venture outside alone for her health without fear? If this can happen in rural Arkansas in broad daylight, no woman can feel safe stepping outside alone without a weapon or deterrent at the very least (and don’t forget the face mask). This is heartbreaking in so many ways. My heart goes out to her loved ones. This is the very definition of senseless and I cannot begin to imagine your feelings of loss ❤️. This world is down another beautiful human being!
^^bbm

I was fortunate to experience both worlds during my youth: summers in what was perceived the safe countryside and the school year in the city where you instinctively looked over your shoulder.

Those memories were tragically shattered a couple of years ago after Mollie Tibbett's suffered a similar fate after she too was followed by a predator that turned his vehicle around and abducted her when she was running on a country road in broad daylight.

Shout-out to Jackson County Sheriff, ASP, and FBI for great police work. May justice be swift for SS.

MOO

In response to social media rumors, the Jackson County Prosecutor (lifetime resident of the area) confirmed, to his knowledge, the suspect (nor his family) are NOT being questioned for other crimes.

Prosecutor expressed his shock and sorrow at the murder and arrest. As in most small towns, the prosecutor echoed the county Sheriff in that he's known both families for many years.

See Reporter Mitchell McCoy video above.

^^bbm

I was fortunate to experience both worlds during my youth: summers in what was perceived the safe countryside and the school year in the city where you instinctively looked over your shoulder.

Those memories were tragically shattered a couple of years ago after Mollie Tibbett's suffered a similar fate after she too was followed by a predator that turned his vehicle around and abducted her when she was running on a country road in broad daylight.

Shout-out to Jackson County Sheriff, ASP, and FBI for great police work. May justice be swift for SS.

MOO
Also Rebekah Bletsch Jeffrey Willis guilty of murdering jogger Rebekah Bletsch

He had to have crushed her! He's 345 lbs and she was just over 100!

View attachment 261245

at the risk of going “TMI” on you all, I will say that my husband is just about this size (both height and weight) while I am much smaller. And yes, it’s... not pleasant to think about the ramifications here.

ASP: Suspect admitted abducting, sexually assaulting Sydney Sutherland before killing her

Jurnee Taylor
@_JurneeTaylor

An ASP agent has took the stand. He says Lewellyn admitted to seeing Sutherland walking on CR 41. He then turned around and abducted her. He took her to farmland and sexually assaulted her then buried her body.
2:07 PM · Aug 24, 2020 from Newport, AR

And separately Mitch Mccoy’s tweet.

ASP Special Agent: Quake Lewellyn was traveling westbound on County Road 41, observed #SydneySutherland walking and passed-by. He turned around and returned to her location, abducted her, put her in back of his pick-up truck and sexually assaulted her. #ARNewshttps://twitter.com/mitchellmccoy/status/1297973752697892871?s=21

My question- why do you think it was not mentioned when he killed her or how? Surely he confessed to that as well. Did I miss a tweet about that?

In response to social media rumors, the Jackson County Prosecutor (lifetime resident of the area) confirmed, to his knowledge, the suspect (nor his family) are NOT being questioned for other crimes.

Prosecutor expressed his shock and sorrow at the murder and arrest. As in most small towns, the prosecutor echoed the county Sheriff in that he's known both families for many years.

See Reporter Mitchell McCoy video above.
Personally, I wouldn’t expect them to honestly answer that right now. But... the state now his Dna, (I assume) so hopefully it will be uploaded and if there is a match to him anywhere it can be found.

ASP: Suspect admitted abducting, sexually assaulting Sydney Sutherland before killing her

Jurnee Taylor
@_JurneeTaylor

An ASP agent has took the stand. He says Lewellyn admitted to seeing Sutherland walking on CR 41. He then turned around and abducted her. He took her to farmland and sexually assaulted her then buried her body.

ASP Special Agent: Quake Lewellyn was traveling westbound on County Road 41, observed #SydneySutherland walking and passed-by. He turned around and returned to her location, abducted her, put her in back of his pick-up truck and sexually assaulted her. #ARNewshttps://twitter.com/mitchellmccoy/status/1297973752697892871?s=21

My question- why do you think it was not mentioned when he killed her or how? Surely he confessed to that as well. Did I miss a tweet about that?
I think they’re waiting on autopsy results to confirm that. I’m sure they have a good idea by now, but they don’t want to jump the gun without having official confirmation.

Having the suspect provide that information is one thing, but it doesn’t mean you can trust it.

Mitchell McCoy

8/24/20: Outside the Jackson County Courthouse after suspect in the Sydney Sutherland case makes first appearance.

Probable cause hearing held today in JCCH.

QL charged with capital murder. Unknown if additional charges will follow because there's been no cause of death determined yet because full results are not back from the AR crime lab.

ASP provided that QL did confess. QL allegedly adducted SS in his truck, sexually assaulted her, and buried her body on farmland.

There are only two penalties in AR for capital murder: LWOP and death.

ETA: QL allegedly led authorities to the location where SS's body was recovered.

Last edited:

Jurnee Taylor
@_JurneeTaylor

That's yet another thing that I've also noticed. It leaves the unpleasant suggestion that either he buried her alive or sexually assaulted her after she was dead - which is supported by him transporting her in the bed of his pickup truck.

Personally, I wouldn’t expect them to honestly answer that right now. But... the state now his Dna, (I assume) so hopefully it will be uploaded and if there is a match to him anywhere it can be found.
Respectfully, let's hope this serves to quiet those social media rumors that are being stated as fact. More specifically, the jailhouse source...

Mitchell McCoy
@MitchellMcCoy

I asked if he is being interviewed regarding any other cases. The prosecutor said not that he is aware of.
Jackson County Prosecutor also said the same to questions if the suspect's family is being questioned about any other cases.

ETA: Also, Reporter McCoy was specific that he was addressing Prosecutor here about all the social media rumors.

Last edited:
I think they’re waiting on autopsy results to confirm that. I’m sure they have a good idea by now, but they don’t want to jump the gun without having official confirmation.

Having the suspect provide that information is one thing, but it doesn’t mean you can trust it.
Agree and I wonder how they can be sure she is his first victim? I mean, he drives by her and on a whim he just decides to abduct her? Crime of passion thing? Seems to me he rehearsed this in his mind. Reminds me just a bit of the Jayme Closs case and how the perp said he had planned to kidnap someone for a while and then decided on Jayme.

That's yet another thing that I've also noticed. It leaves the unpleasant suggestion that either he buried her alive or sexually assaulted her after she was dead - which is supported by him transporting her in the bed of his pickup truck.
Exactly - I would guess more charges coming would be indicative of that.

Agree and I wonder how they can be sure she is his first victim? I mean, he drives by her and on a whim he just decides to abduct her? Crime of passion thing? Seems to me he rehearsed this in his mind. Reminds me just a bit of the Jayme Closs case and how the perp said he had planned to kidnap someone for a while and then decided on Jayme.
I don’t think it’s so much that they’re sure she’s his first victim, as much as they have no evidence there are other victims.

My guess is that he had seen her jogging in the area previously, and had perhaps fantasized about committing a crime like this.

For whatever reason, he decided that the time was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay