Found Deceased AR - Sydney Sutherland, 25, Jackson Co., went for a jog, 19 Aug 2020 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think it’s so much that they’re sure she’s his first victim, as much as they have no evidence there are other victims.

My guess is that he had seen her jogging in the area previously, and had perhaps fantasized about committing a crime like this.

For whatever reason, he decided that the time was right.

This makes me feel unsafe to go outside at all.

ASP: Suspect admitted abducting, sexually assaulting Sydney Sutherland before killing her

Jurnee Taylor
@_JurneeTaylor

An ASP agent has took the stand. He says Lewellyn admitted to seeing Sutherland walking on CR 41. He then turned around and abducted her. He took her to farmland and sexually assaulted her then buried her body.
2:07 PM · Aug 24, 2020 from Newport, AR

And separately Mitch Mccoy’s tweet.

ASP Special Agent: Quake Lewellyn was traveling westbound on County Road 41, observed #SydneySutherland walking and passed-by. He turned around and returned to her location, abducted her, put her in back of his pick-up truck and sexually assaulted her. #ARNewshttps://twitter.com/mitchellmccoy/status/1297973752697892871?s=21

My question- why do you think it was not mentioned when he killed her or how? Surely he confessed to that as well. Did I miss a tweet about that?
^^bbm

Today was QL's probable cause hearing and his formal charges are yet to come.
There are still unanswered questions...

While the manner of death has been determined as homicide, there is still no cause of death from the ME. The cause of death will be determined by the ME's office when the final results of autopsy available and toxicology results are returned.

Suspects lie all the time -- charges and crime details are not determined by what they confess to investigators!

It's the job of the prosecutor to prove the suspect killed SS according to the evidence, and not what the suspect said happened.

I don’t think it’s so much that they’re sure she’s his first victim, as much as they have no evidence there are other victims.

My guess is that he had seen her jogging in the area previously, and had perhaps fantasized about committing a crime like this.

For whatever reason, he decided that the time was right.
I’ve often wondered if these killers think they will get away with it ? Just how long was she alive? I hope he knocked her out and she was spared somewhat ? jmo

I’ve often wondered if these killers think they will get away with it ? Just how long was she alive? I hope he knocked her out and she was spared somewhat ? jmo
I get the impression that this was not a prolonged event, whatever comfort that brings.

I think this is going to be similar in nature to Mollie Tibbetts:

Initial contact, transportation to a secondary location, then rape and murder (not that we have information that Mollie was raped, but a similar scenario).

at the risk of going “TMI” on you all, I will say that my husband is just about this size (both height and weight) while I am much smaller. And yes, it’s... not pleasant to think about the ramifications here.
I was thinking about his strength with added adrenalin vs hers as much as his size too.

ASP: Suspect admitted abducting, sexually assaulting Sydney Sutherland before killing her

Jurnee Taylor
@_JurneeTaylor

An ASP agent has took the stand. He says Lewellyn admitted to seeing Sutherland walking on CR 41. He then turned around and abducted her. He took her to farmland and sexually assaulted her then buried her body.
2:07 PM · Aug 24, 2020 from Newport, AR

And separately Mitch Mccoy’s tweet.

ASP Special Agent: Quake Lewellyn was traveling westbound on County Road 41, observed #SydneySutherland walking and passed-by. He turned around and returned to her location, abducted her, put her in back of his pick-up truck and sexually assaulted her. #ARNewshttps://twitter.com/mitchellmccoy/status/1297973752697892871?s=21

My question- why do you think it was not mentioned when he killed her or how? Surely he confessed to that as well. Did I miss a tweet about that?

I will be interested to read the transcript of todays hearing. I think the tweets were just basic info, I watched the facebook live that Mitch McCoy did and he said that the ASP Special Agent gave a detailed description of what happened. I also think that they spared the court/public as much info as they could, and gave enough to insure no bond but the details may or may not become known - depending on if he sticks with his confession and it goes straight to sentencing. If he pleads not guilty then the details will all come out. Question is does he, the murder/rapist/kidnapper, want the world to know all that he really did??

I didn't find this. I saw a screenshot shared on facebook.....I knew I had to find the linkable source and did. Oh my gosh....Quake and his wife met at the gym.....the gym....who has he been stalking in the past. Who has been in his path????
HUGE.

Eye On Magazine October 2019View attachment 261214

ETA--

Also says in the article they bought property in Campbell Station and are working on building their dream home.....
We need to find out where that it is and who is missing around there.

Thank you for finding this! I must say though, I wanted to puke when I saw Quake with Gracie..Her comment "I mean come on, he's a total stud" mortified me. As they say "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", that is for damn sure:eek:!! I cannot imagine being her right now...a living nightmare to realize what your husband was capable of...JMHO

Agree and I wonder how they can be sure she is his first victim? I mean, he drives by her and on a whim he just decides to abduct her? Crime of passion thing? Seems to me he rehearsed this in his mind. Reminds me just a bit of the Jayme Closs case and how the perp said he had planned to kidnap someone for a while and then decided on Jayme.

From all that I’ve read (and ignoring potential rumors), SS and QL were familiar. My suspicions tell me that QL had fantasized about SS for a while...QL is a big guy, and I don’t think it would be a stretch to assume that he’s had a hard time with women. Perhaps repeated rejection turned into a hatred of women, especially attractive women he deemed unattainable. I can see how SS would fit that profile. As for the wife, past documents on this thread shows he’s made decent money from his farm in past years, that probably helped. Regardless, I don’t think he’s a stranger to rejection. And so I don’t think this is his first rodeo, or at least, first attempt. My hunch is that he’s kidnapped women before, or at least tried to. I think he’s a sadist that either 1) stalked and planned this in advance, or just so happened to drive past SS and saw his opportunity to play out a fantasy

This is so awful. RIP Sydney. This is particularly sickening because this beautiful young woman was simply taking care of herself, her body, and her health, only to be ambushed and have it all taken away from her. What in the hell is wrong with this world we live in now in 2020? Remember 2019 when a woman could venture outside alone for her health without fear? If this can happen in rural Arkansas in broad daylight, no woman can feel safe stepping outside alone without a weapon or deterrent at the very least (and don’t forget the face mask). This is heartbreaking in so many ways. My heart goes
Uh... men abducting and/or killing women while they are jogging is not a new thing.
No its not. Sierah Joughin's tragedy led to James Dean Worley. Serial killer.

It was hard doing my run today. I thought about this case. I run on country roads too. Didn't take my Labardor with me this am because she loves to smell everything, sensory overload for her. RIP Sydney, you didn't deserve to die while enjoying a woman's right for physical fitness . JMO

So true. :( I'm so sorry @Oregonmama that you have to run with that threat and that worry. I'm so sorry that male predators prey on women who are doing things they are good for them and should feel safe.

MOO. Sounds like the gym was a hot spot for Quake. I wouldn't be surprised if he "met" other women at gyms or during their jogs. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up connected to additional crimes and rapes. (But I am also paranoid about gyms due to personal experiences, so please take this as the personal and probably biased as a result.)

Last edited:
I'm sorry but... I don't understand the emphasis of "met at the gym" and why that's such a big deal? Can someone clarify that for me? I think it's perfectly normal to be introduced to someone at the gym that you end up dating

MOO. He seems to have been drawn to women who were involved in fitness? (That's what stood out to me... and yes I have friends who met at gyms and are happily married so I don't think meeting at a gym should be a thing, but I think it's a very interesting detail with regards to Quake.)

This is so awful. RIP Sydney. This is particularly sickening because this beautiful young woman was simply taking care of herself, her body, and her health, only to be ambushed and have it all taken away from her. What in the hell is wrong with this world we live in now in 2020? Remember 2019 when a woman could venture outside alone for her health without fear? If this can happen in rural Arkansas in broad daylight, no woman can feel safe stepping outside alone without a weapon or deterrent at the very least (and don’t forget the face mask). This is heartbreaking in so many ways. My heart goes
Uh... men abducting and/or killing women while they are jogging is not a new thing.
No its not. Sierah Joughin's tragedy led to James Dean Worley. Serial killer.
I get the impression that this was not a prolonged event, whatever comfort that brings.

I think this is going to be similar in nature to Mollie Tibbetts:

Initial contact, transportation to a secondary location, then rape and murder (not that we have information that Mollie was raped, but a similar scenario).
Sierah.

How do you see an innocent person just walking and turn your vehicle around to just take what you want regardless of the other's personhood, their rights. Their dignity. You have to be an evil thing in your core and you pretend and manipulate people that are around you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay