Found Deceased AR - Sydney Sutherland, 25, Jackson Co., went for a jog, 19 Aug 2020 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> Even serial killers have a first time and Lewellyn is literally the average age for serial killers to make that first kill. Had he gotten away with it, he may have been emboldened to continue but we live in a time of extremely advanced Forensics. The age of serial killers is essentially over, replaced by spree killing.

It doesn't seem like Lewellyn was very savvy either. All this speculation about how he lured Sydney or exactly how he got a hold of her. He may have simply hit her with his truck - although I guess the sheriff did say there s no indication she had been struck by a vehicle.

The story that said her body was identified by DNA keeps coming back to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The story that said her body was identified by DNA keeps coming back to me.
^^rsbm

Perhaps this was poor wording by the reporter and should have read that 'the AR Crime Lab positively identified SS by DNA.'

It's standard, and a legal requirement for a body and/or victim of a homicide to be positively identified.

I think she was described in a recent article as a "firecracker." I think she was a strong, determined female who saw cases of sexual violence as a nurse. I think she would have fought him if she were conscious. That's why I don't think she was. MOO. Plus there's no way he could have driven her to a field conscious without her jumping out of the truck.
Yes, that is why I think too. I know of a case where a man and woman were walking toward each other on a footpath and as he got level with her, he suddenly punched her to the ground and dragged her off into bushes.
ETA. He was caught and had a real thing about women because he was adopted and he felt his birth mother abandoned him. His adoptive family were really nice salt of the earth people.

Last edited:
I believe the attacker, QL would most likely disarm SS, catch her off guard. Reportedly, they were also known to each other. If QL pretended to be in distress, as a nurse, SS's reaction would be to render him aid. SS would likely approach him and not be prepared to be grabbed and abducted by QL at that moment.

Sexual assault is about power over the victim, and not the act. It's about dominance and control. Given the latest information about a later in life decision for QL to accept another man in his life, make a name change (i.e., most likely by adoption by his mother's husband), I'd be remiss not to question his relationship with his mother and circumstances during his formative years. Was she a single mother? Did she restrict his relationship with his biological father? Did QL act the man of the house until ML came along?

Needing answers to so many questions to accurately profile this dude.

Sexual Assault Is About Power
BBM. Have I missed some reports? Where is this info about another man in his life?

I think OP meant he had to accept his stepfather at the time he entered QL's life. (He wasn't QL then I guess but you know what I mean.)
Do we know that he lived with his bio mother and a step father?
Seeing his stepfather if it is so, supplied him with a home and a living and he turned out to be an alleged rapist and murderer, I am not sure that we should be talking about him accepting a stepfather.

I think OP meant he had to accept his stepfather at the time he entered QL's life. (He wasn't QL then I guess but you know what I mean.)

Yes, it's quite likely. Moo. His name changed between his sophomore and junior year of HS according to yearbooks. ETA: posted/found by a previous poster.

Yes, thank you for responding and my apologies if my post was unclear.

True, I'm simply putting out questions where I believe the answers will likely assist us to build a profile of the alleged suspect, now age 28.

I do not believe you arrive at this age and one morning put your boots on and go hunting for a woman to take down, rape, murder, and bury.

IMO, the suspect's formative years will likely provide valuable information about the suspect that may help answer some of the why questions.

Just overnight, we've already learned that QL was born and raised as one individual, and sometime during his formative years or mid-HS, QL made a legal change in his identity.

There are already numerous posts stating that QL has done this before or it's not his first rodeo, and I am seeking a basis for making or not making such statements.

MOO

QUAKE LEWELLYN
Custody Record
jpeg

Age28
GenderMale
RaceUnknown
AR: Randolph County Sheriff's Office
ID Number203939
Custody StatusIn Custody
Custody DetailRandolph County Jail

QUAKE LEWELLYN
Custody Record
jpeg

Age28
GenderMale
RaceWhite
AR: Jackson County Sheriff's Office
ID NumberB6454
Custody StatusTransferred
Custody DetailAnother Facility

Due to the current status, updates on this record are no longer available. If you have any questions, please contact the facility.

I was thinking about his strength with added adrenalin vs hers as much as his size too.

I will be interested to read the transcript of todays hearing. I think the tweets were just basic info, I watched the facebook live that Mitch McCoy did and he said that the ASP Special Agent gave a detailed description of what happened. I also think that they spared the court/public as much info as they could, and gave enough to insure no bond but the details may or may not become known - depending on if he sticks with his confession and it goes straight to sentencing. If he pleads not guilty then the details will all come out. Question is does he, the murder/rapist/kidnapper, want the world to know all that he really did??
Today was the only the probable cause hearing and although the Judge limited media to only 5 seats, he reminded them there would be no audio or video allowed in his courtroom today, and allowed them to only tweet.

We usually only see trial transcript if somebody from media orders it and shares the document with us. Transcripts are pretty spendy and I don't think we will see one ordered for the preliminary hearing today. At least not one shared with us.

Just thinking it would have been impossible to try and burn a body out in that field without the fire being visible from the road. I don't think we're going to hear about fire or attempted burning in this case. MOO.
I originally thought fire, but then there wasn’t a charge like abuse of a corpse that would indicate that.

Yes, it's quite likely. Moo. His name changed between his sophomore and junior year of HS according to yearbooks. ETA: posted/found by a previous poster.
And his mother and stepfather were only married in 2006 when Jeremy/Quake would have been about 13. We can't say how long before that they'd been together or what his life was like before that without sleuthing family members.

I originally thought fire, but then there wasn’t a charge like abuse of a corpse that would indicate that.
I'm starting to think that @Seattle1 is correct that the article reporting Sydney was identified by DNA was just worded in a way that led us to suspect it was necessary when probably it was just how she was positively or officially identified

Suspect in Killing of Ark. Jogger Allegedly Saw Her While Driving, Then Doubled Back to Abduct Her

12 mins ago

A special agent with Arkansas State Police said in a probable cause hearing on Monday that 28-year-old Quake Lewellyn was traveling westbound on a county road when he passed by Sutherland. According to the special agent, Lewellyn allegedly turned around, abducted Sutherland, put her in the back of his pick-up truck, sexually assaulted her and later killed her.
An official cause of death has not been publicly released

I was listening to this again this morning. If I remember right it was at 1 pm. I believe her body was found between 2 and 3 if I remember right. I knew when I listened and watched that the Chief was deeply impacted.

Listening again I noticed he indicated they were working several leads. In the very next sentence he mentioned the help of all agencies including ASP. I can’t help but think now, he knew that Quake was being interviewed by the ASP already. It will be interesting to see the timing.

Suspect in Killing of Ark. Jogger Allegedly Saw Her While Driving, Then Doubled Back to Abduct Her

12 mins ago

A special agent with Arkansas State Police said in a probable cause hearing on Monday that 28-year-old Quake Lewellyn was traveling westbound on a county road when he passed by Sutherland. According to the special agent, Lewellyn allegedly turned around, abducted Sutherland, put her in the back of his pick-up truck, sexually assaulted her and later killed her.
An official cause of death has not been publicly released
In the blink of an eye, a gasp of breath and she's gone - the circumstances of this killing are horrible. Our young women just are not safe - it's either their boyfriends, their husbands, their acquaintances or complete strangers - WS has seen too many of these twenty something killings (and 30, 40, 50,60 etc.)
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members