Identified! AR- West Memphis -"Laundry Lady" WhtFem 643UFAR, 45-60, Sep'87 No Name Available

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just wanted to post that I have discovered that i had a problem. I had made my album Private - On another thread it was alerted to my attention that this was the case
And so no one could see the pics !

I guess that was the case here - Ive updated that to public now and am also posting the photo again

picture.php

I think the nose is much longer in the photo you posted. Hard to tell, but the eyebrows don't appear to match up. The hair is definitely not a match. It isn't the color (as you can't tell by that always), but look closely at the course, curly hair of the UID and the straight, finer hair of the photo woman. I see two different origins of ethnicity, imo.

Hey hon, I've seen you in action, you can hold your own! :) I know you will not toot your own horn, so "toooot tooot"!!!

Oh heaven for fend-I leave the professional sleuthing to those with serious time under their belts, lol; SS, JBean, Christine2448, Cubby, southcitymom...the list goes on and on....

I think the nose is much longer in the photo you posted. Hard to tell, but the eyebrows don't appear to match up. The hair is definitely not a match. It isn't the color (as you can't tell by that always), but look closely at the course, curly hair of the UID and the straight, finer hair of the photo woman. I see two different origins of ethnicity, imo.

Yep...

Back to more searching.

I do wonder if she was homeless?

Maybe she hasnt been reported missing. she had no purse just money loose.

I wonder if the same people/family own that restaurant ? maybe they could be contacted and shown the photos? To see if they recognize her or the top? as in maybe that was a replaced top, Maybe they started wearing different ones, then we would know that she didnt work there

ON second look the object at the bottom is not a toothbrush it is actually a ruler to show the size of other objects. So why mostly used toothpaste and no toothbrush?

It may have been pointed out, but the question was not addressed was it? Are you sure that's a foldable brush? I cannot tell one way or the other.

If we're going to focus on the belongings of LL, let's dig a little deeper. Why would the majority of her belongings be laundry related? Are these items transients would carry without an extra change of clothes? If all she had were the clothes on her back, how did she wash them? Is it possible that she had other belongings in a room or apartment or home nearby? Was her case publicized in the area? Had anyone seen her panhandling in the area or did her small amount of money come from another source? If LE believed her to be homeless, I doubt they would have made much noise about her death.

People of all kinds go missing every day for one reason or another. Some have no family at all and some have families who don't care that they're gone. But someone, somewhere knew this woman and quite possibly her story....

Forgive me if I am posting improperly here or posting something I should not....ie...enhanced photograph...*thank you for the pictures by the way...if I have overstepped I do apologize*
I went to the links in the previous posts with pictures of the items found with the victim....there has been much discussion about the item in the top right corner...
I took the liberty of cropping and enlarging...darkening and adjusting the contrast ONLY for better visibility....*I did a quick job on this I'm afraid....I could have done a better one but the results got me excited*L*
Below is a link to the cropped enhanced picture and it is clearly a foldable/portable toothbrush in a case......

http://www.theindigogirl.com/WS/item1.jpg

Also, I went googling....in regards to Agnes Young...
I found this very interesting article dated from May 18, 2002:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/valleyindependent/s_72148.html

Also, the item at the bottom of the picture with the Tide etc...is a ruler from the ME to show scale/measurement.
I hope this helps or adds to the story just a bit...
Lori McA :)

Welcome to WS, LoriMcA! Those enhancements helped a lot! Thanks! You did great!

The article you put up is very interesting. I will have to go back through the thread to figure out the Agnes Young person and how she could relate here.

I am wondering why it says there are no fingerprints or DNA available for this Jane Doe? We can obviously see her body was intact enough for both to be taken. Surely they drew blood to do a tox screen on her or something.

Her skin tone appears to me like she spent time outside, but I don't see her as homeless for some reason. For a woman her age, I wonder about the bar t-shirt. The items she was carrying could be something a trucker might use. Could she have been on the road with someone else and they took off thinking she did not want to return? This would explain no other clothing with her and no one around the vicinity knowing anything about her.

Forgive me if I am posting improperly here or posting something I should not....ie...enhanced photograph...*thank you for the pictures by the way...if I have overstepped I do apologize*
I went to the links in the previous posts with pictures of the items found with the victim....there has been much discussion about the item in the top right corner...
I took the liberty of cropping and enlarging...darkening and adjusting the contrast ONLY for better visibility....*I did a quick job on this I'm afraid....I could have done a better one but the results got me excited*L*
Below is a link to the cropped enhanced picture and it is clearly a foldable/portable toothbrush in a case......

Also, the item at the bottom of the picture with the Tide etc...is a ruler from the ME to show scale/measurement.

Thank you very much for showing that it was in fact what I said it was
I could see it straight off and it was above the toothpaste

Also hence my comment about all items being used

Thanks again for the enlargement

I am wondering why it says there are no fingerprints or DNA available for this Jane Doe? We can obviously see her body was intact enough for both to be taken. Surely they drew blood to do a tox screen on her or something.

Her skin tone appears to me like she spent time outside, but I don't see her as homeless for some reason. For a woman her age, I wonder about the bar t-shirt. The items she was carrying could be something a trucker might use. Could she have been on the road with someone else and they took off thinking she did not want to return? This would explain no other clothing with her and no one around the vicinity knowing anything about her.

You have been to the link I showed with the fingerprints right ?

Do they look like proper fingerprints to you ?

The only Possibility that I can think of is this

LL is knocked from behind and puts out her hands to save herself as in a normal response to do and from the massive force the gravel gouges the skin out of her pads of her fingers where the prints would be
so therefore the ones that are on the link I gave are no good ?

??

I am finding this interesting Agnes

http://betweenlifeanddeath.blogspot.com/2007/01/agnes-young-now-missing-10-years-long.html

Agnes was last seen in Long
Branch, Pennsylvania sometime around 1986. A missing persons reported was filed
for her on October 1 of that year. She has never been heard from again, but her
Social Security disability benefit checks were cashed monthly from 1991 to 2002.
Agnes's husband, Edward Young, did not report his wife missing in 1986; it is unclear who did. A photograph of Edward is posted below this
case summary. In September 2001, he went to the Social Security office and
claimed Agnes had been lost in the September 11 attacks on the World Trade
Center in New York City. Officials were suspicious of his story and terminated
Agnes's disability benefits. The office attempted to contact her but could not
find her.

I think I was right

I think he was cashing her cheques and then decided to say she died in the 9/11 attack, hoping to claim a lump sum

I reckon he knocked her off and killed himself over the remorse

Welcome, and great job enlarging & enhancing that section of photo! Thought a toothbrush logical but nothing beats knowing for sure.

Just to add a note; I did not submit the match so to speak. I called the ME to ask if LL had a fractured wrist. We started to talk about prints and the comparison case (Rosie.) He asked me to to find out if Grayson PD had prints for Rosie so that it could be easily compared. I spoke with Grayson PD for a while, they wanted the link to the UID and they thought it was compelling. I was still just getting background for both, but who was I to stand in the way of LE, lol???

Hi SeriouslySearching,

Believe09's contact with MedEX for this case established there are usable prints for Jane/LL. Perhaps public records will be corrected. There is no DNA on record.

Have emailed a couple of the news sources for the West Memphis area to ask if in-house access may bring up an article on Jane/LL. And, if it does, can a transaction take place via mail. Newspaper on-line searches bring 0 results.

If you read the whole thread this has already been pointed out with close up photos. :)

Also from what I see there is a toothbrush top right hand corner in a tooth brush box holder for a foldable - travel - toothbrush. Please go to page one and look at the links I provided where you will find photos of LL and you can enlarge the photo of the items
My bad I relized that afterward.

My bad I relized that afterward.

Ah :) don't worry about it lol

for some reason I am hugely defensive in this thread ! I am not in all the others I post in but something about this one .hmm...I dont understand it - anyway
don't worry about it LOL but thanks anyway :blowkiss:

You have been to the link I showed with the fingerprints right ?

Do they look like proper fingerprints to you ?

The only Possibility that I can think of is this

LL is knocked from behind and puts out her hands to save herself as in a normal response to do and from the massive force the gravel gouges the skin out of her pads of her fingers where the prints would be
so therefore the ones that are on the link I gave are no good ?

??
No, I missed that link. I was going by what the Doenetwork put out initially:

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 45-60 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4"; 160 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown, curly hair; hazel eyes.
Dentals: Upper and Lower dentures.
Clothing/Items: 1 pair of blue jeans with a "Dakota" label; 1 pair of white panties with green trim; 1 white brassier; a red t-shirt with the words "Kawloon Roseburg, Oregon" on the front and the word "Tiki Room" on the back. 1 pair of beige shoes, size 8M. There was a bag lying near the body which contained the following: 1 bottle of shampoo-"Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific" brand, 1 bottle of fabric softner-"Downy", 1 box of laundry detergent-"Tide", 1 bottle of lotion-"Vaseline Intensive Care".
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Not available

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/643ufar.html

Hi SeriouslySearching,

Believe09's contact with MedEX for this case established there are usable prints for Jane/LL. Perhaps public records will be corrected. There is no DNA on record.

Have emailed a couple of the news sources for the West Memphis area to ask if in-house access may bring up an article on Jane/LL. And, if it does, can a transaction take place via mail. Newspaper on-line searches bring 0 results.
Thanks for explaining it so nicely, Capoly! Appreciate the info as I have not been following this case long. I perhaps have missed some things so far since I am trying to piece it together a bit at a time here.

No, I missed that link. I was going by what the Doenetwork put out initially:

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 45-60 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4"; 160 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown, curly hair; hazel eyes.
Dentals: Upper and Lower dentures.
Clothing/Items: 1 pair of blue jeans with a "Dakota" label; 1 pair of white panties with green trim; 1 white brassier; a red t-shirt with the words "Kawloon Roseburg, Oregon" on the front and the word "Tiki Room" on the back. 1 pair of beige shoes, size 8M. There was a bag lying near the body which contained the following: 1 bottle of shampoo-"Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific" brand, 1 bottle of fabric softner-"Downy", 1 box of laundry detergent-"Tide", 1 bottle of lotion-"Vaseline Intensive Care".
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Not available

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/643ufar.html

Sorry it was on Page one https://identifyus.org/?p=case&i=2882&=5&s=DateFound_DESC&from=search

More precisely this link https://identifyus.org/?p=case&i=2882&=5&s=DateFound_DESC&from=search

Enlarged here https://identifyus.org/photo.php?i=2049&m

Which also says fingerprints could not be obtained but there is a fingerprint sheet

Very good questions. I wonder too, if there were any abandoned vehicles located in the area around the time of her death? Maybe the remainder of her clothing etc was in the car?

If we're going to focus on the belongings of LL, let's dig a little deeper. Why would the majority of her belongings be laundry related? Are these items transients would carry without an extra change of clothes? If all she had were the clothes on her back, how did she wash them? Is it possible that she had other belongings in a room or apartment or home nearby? Was her case publicized in the area? Had anyone seen her panhandling in the area or did her small amount of money come from another source? If LE believed her to be homeless, I doubt they would have made much noise about her death.

People of all kinds go missing every day for one reason or another. Some have no family at all and some have families who don't care that they're gone. But someone, somewhere knew this woman and quite possibly her story....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back