AR AR - Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, WhtFem, 81UFAR, 18-21, Jul'91 - #2 - Kelly from VA

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sloane,
Could you provide links to any interviews with her killer? Thanks!

I searched the killers name, I will have to find the link he was interviewed when he was in abliene in prison he stated he would not tell her name he didnt want her mom and sister to know???? and said he had taken her to visit them in california at one point. I will try to find this, Im so busy at work Im no good when I get home LOL!

Has anyone noticed that "WILEY" and "Mercedes" are also both cities in Texas i believe... Kim Legget was missing from Mercedes Texas is how I noticed it, even though I believe she was ruled out... looks like she picked names of cities in Texas for her alias'

● blue eyes
● brown hair, sometimes dyed blonde (possibly blonde as a child)
● freckles (on face and body -may have been hidden by make up)
● she was very tall
● birth mark or scar underneath left breast
● 3 + 2 ear piercings
● gold colored chain bracelet

Worked as: Exotic dancer/stripper and prostitute, briefly at KFC in Dallas

● testing on her hair showed Kelly had traveled around the country frequently in the last 3 years (1988-1991) of her life and that she had spent time in California, but mostly stayed to the Eastern half of the United States and Texas in the last year of her life.
● she also seemed to enjoy collecting menus from restaurants she frequented across the country and had a large amount with her things when she was found.
● police believe she may have ran away at age 11-13 and hitch-hiked to get around- she may have been in foster care or adopted home when she ran away
(source)

● Possible real name Kelly (Lee) Carr: this is the name she gave her friends in Little Rock, Arkansas and also to James Roy McAlphin.

Aliases:
● Cheryl Ann Wick (of Minneapolis, Minnesota) (real person)
● Cheryl Wick
● Shannon Wiley
● Sharon Wiley
● Kelly Carr
● Kelly Karr
● Kelly Lee Carr
● Mercedes

-------------------------------©2010/eldoradojanedoe

Names listed above :\"Wiley" and Mercedes" are also both cities in Texas

Has Mary Ann Hogland ever been considered?

hogland-mccluskey_mary.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hogland-mccluskey_mary.html

She was a runaway in CA at age 12 and was born in 68 so age range is right.

Even though she is too short, there could be a discrepancy in height...and eye color...and she could have grown in her teen years...also I think 5'3 is in the tallish side for a twelve year old...

Thoughts??

I am beginning to think after all this time maybe McAlpin was telling the truth, maybe she was never reported missing. Maybe they really did visit her family or parents in California, and they did or didn't know that she was living in Arkansas under assumed names.

And either they don't know she is deceased, or they don't know she is decased as any of the alias names she was using.

Or maybe they did know she died (because they got news somehow that McAlpin killed her) but they could not afford to bring her body back to bury her?
Still looks like if they knew, the family would give authorities her real name, what would be the point of hiding her real name after she is deceased?

Makes me think they don't know she died - could have tried reporting her missing after she passed away, but since they are in California and she was last known to be in Arkansas they were not able to file a missing persons report?

I wonder if her family was given McAplins real name- if in fact they did meet him?

MadeaBecBec submitted Kimberly Ann Kahler for me in April 2009 and her DNA was being compared. Did we get the results back yet? Thanks.

04-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
user_offline.gif

"The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly
Hi - This is my first post so forgive me if I have posted incorrectly.
I've been very touched by this case. I found the following girl missing at age 15 since January 1, 1980 from Venice, Los Angeles, California. Her name is Kimberly Ann Kahler. She would have been 26 in 1991. I don't know how to post a link to side by side photos, but if you check JD morgue pictures and compare it to the center picture on the doenetwork, I think there is a remarkable likeness. Her DNA is in CODIS - does that mean it has already been checked against Jane Doe's DNA in CODIS?

Kimberly Ann Kahler

• Date Of Birth: January 17, 1964
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 15 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8; 145 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown/auburn hair; blue eyes.
  • Marks, Scars: Kahler has a small-sized scar on the left side of one of her lips. She has facial freckles.
  • Dentals: Not available
  • DNA: in CODIS
  • AKA: Kim
http://www.doenetwork.org/

CASE: 942DFCA

Hey Everyone! I received an email today from LASD (Diane M. Harris)Missing Persons Unit, letting us know that DNA is being processed at this time between Jane and Ms. Kahler!!

I submitted her to Arkansas and California contacts about a year ago as well. She would be one of my top picks -Kelly Kahler- Anyone have any updates? That is a long time 2009...

I am beginning to think after all this time maybe McAlpin was telling the truth, maybe she was never reported missing. Maybe they really did visit her family or parents in California, and they did or didn't know that she was living in Arkansas under assumed names.

And either they don't know she is deceased, or they don't know she is decased as any of the alias names she was using.

Or maybe they did know she died (because they got news somehow that McAlpin killed her) but they could not afford to bring her body back to bury her?
Still looks like if they knew, the family would give authorities her real name, what would be the point of hiding her real name after she is deceased?

Makes me think they don't know she died - could have tried reporting her missing after she passed away, but since they are in California and she was last known to be in Arkansas they were not able to file a missing persons report?

I wonder if her family was given McAplins real name- if in fact they did meet him?

Did he ever say what part of CA? Did he ever give any more information about her family, other than they were living in CA?

Did he ever say what part of CA? Did he ever give any more information about her family, other than they were living in CA?
I re read my copies of the info and it said the mother visited them in Shreveport LA from Florida. Seems from the time line she was in Louisiana prior to coming to Dallas/Houston TX...
I am trying to figure out what state she was in when she was writing in her diary Aug 1990 - trying to get to Texas to work. I am guessing Shreveport Louisiana? And she was with Gail and Tryone... Sounds like Tyrone was maybe her boyfriend at that time (not Gail's) Tyrone gave Gail $100 and Gail wasn't happy THEY were still there (Karr/Doe and Tyrone?).... Tyrone was trying to fix the VW to get to Texas I am assuming.
If so, when did she meet up with James McAlphin?
Was the KFC work in Texas? DId she go to Texas with "Tyrone" and did Tyrone and her split up, did he get arrested or ?? And she ended up on the streets and met McAlphin? It seemed like before she got to Texas she had hopes of working a real job and living with her boyfriend...

Has Beverli Darnall been considered?

She had a habit of leaving home frequently and would turn up in different parts of the country...apparently had called her mother (in FL)from CA asking for money at one time...she was raised in the DC area...so that might account for a connection to VA Beach...

she was tall with good teeth and was last seen in 1983...there is only one picture of her on Doe so kind of hard to tell if there is a resemblance to our girl...

According to NAMUS there is DNA available but she is not on this Jane Doe's rule out list...

Sorry for my inability to post the case info..thoughts from you more experienced sleuthers???

She had a habit of leaving home frequently and would turn up in different parts of the country...apparently had called her mother (in FL)from CA asking for money at one time...she was raised in the DC area...so that might account for a connection to VA Beach...

she was tall with good teeth and was last seen in 1983...there is only one picture of her on Doe so kind of hard to tell if there is a resemblance to our girl...

According to NAMUS there is DNA available but she is not on this Jane Doe's rule out list...

Sorry for my inability to post the case info..thoughts from you more experienced sleuthers???

I honestly don't see a resemblance between Beverli Elaine Darnell (http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1803dffl.html) and this UID. Her hair looks different and Ms. Darnell is described as being flat chested, which I don't think would be consistent with the UID being an exotic dancer. I can't remember if she was suggested for this UID or the woman from Dana Point, CA but don't really think that she is either of them.

I see some possible connections in the circumstances, and the mouth and chin especially look similar to me. But I don't think the timeline works at all. Beverli was 22 when she disappeared in 1983, which would make her around 30 in 1991 when "Kelly Carr" died. But "Kelly" was only around 21. A year or two wouldn't surprise me but I think that's a bit too much.

I believe the age range changed from 18-21 to 20-30...still, Beverli would be on the upper range...re: being flat-chested...that's a good question...I guess being flat chested might hinder a stepping career, but I doubt it would matter in prostitution...I wish we had a better picture of Beverli...Hard to tell about hair, but Jane Does looks very "processed", perhaps even permed, to me.

I believe the age range changed from 18-21 to 20-30...still, Beverli would be on the upper range...re: being flat-chested...that's a good question...I guess being flat chested might hinder a stepping career, but I doubt it would matter in prostitution...I wish we had a better picture of Beverli...Hard to tell about hair, but Jane Does looks very "processed", perhaps even permed, to me.

Where do you see the other age range? Doenet still has 18-21. I checked before I posted. I'm not sure the timeline works anyway, since the information about "Kelly" indicates she was in touch with her mother more recently than when Beverli's mom last heard from her.

If they think she might have been older, then Beverli becomes a very good possibility. Yes, "Kelly" is very processed, bleached, and permed. The one snapshot where she's staring at the camera with her mouth open is the one where the resemblance is strongest.

No, being flat-chested is not necessarily a drawback for an exotic dancer. I know one quite successful dancer (who is not, btw, a prostitute, not that that's relevant) who's about a 34A.

carbuff - NAMUS has age as 20-30. Your timeline point is well taken, though...

I re read my copies of the info and it said the mother visited them in Shreveport LA from Florida. Seems from the time line she was in Louisiana prior to coming to Dallas/Houston TX...
I am trying to figure out what state she was in when she was writing in her diary Aug 1990 - trying to get to Texas to work. I am guessing Shreveport Louisiana? And she was with Gail and Tryone... Sounds like Tyrone was maybe her boyfriend at that time (not Gail's) Tyrone gave Gail $100 and Gail wasn't happy THEY were still there (Karr/Doe and Tyrone?).... Tyrone was trying to fix the VW to get to Texas I am assuming.
Was the KFC work in Texas? DId she go to Texas with "Tyrone" and did Tyrone and her split up, did he get arrested or ?? And she ended up on the streets and met McAlphin? It seemed like before she got to Texas she had hopes of working a real job and living with her boyfriend...
McAlphin is related (Cousins) with the Family in Irving she stayed with, Im sure the work was NOT the KFC, and there is also a Gail missing out of El dorado and guess what she did for a living? I think she had been in Texas with McAlphin

McAlphin is related (Cousins) with the Family in Irving she stayed with, Im sure the work was NOT the KFC, and there is also a Gail missing out of El dorado and guess what she did for a living? I think she had been in Texas with McAlphin

She sounded excited about getting to Texas to work. Which just seems kind of odd... she could strip or prostitute in Louisiana (or whatever she was trying to get to Texas from...) had to be something else in Texas maybe to be so excited about?
I thought McAlphin might be related as well.. but was trying to figure out who "Tyrone" was to our doe.. sounds like possibly her boyfried from the diary - figured it might be easier to figure out who Gail and Tyrone are (what state they were in and what relationship if any to Doe or McAlphin) and maybe that would shed some light on where she met them or some other clue that would narrow down a state or more information on her.
The way the diary is reading to mean and Tyrone fixing the car so they could to to Texas and Tyrone giving Gail $100...sounds like Tyrone was her man at the time she was writing in the diary, maybe not James McAlphin... If Tyrone could be located or his family- maybe they know more about this "Doe" ...

I submitted her to Arkansas and California contacts about a year ago as well. She would be one of my top picks -Kelly Kahler- Anyone have any updates? That is a long time 2009...

I was told by someone that she was a rule out along time back , I posted way back in the thread Side by sides of these two , I think they do look alot alike! Kimberly Kahler is promising, but if her Mom and her sister did see her not long before she died , I am thinking maybe she was not reported because something ol James Roy told them? or because she was an adult?

I was told by someone that she was a rule out along time back , I posted way back in the thread Side by sides of these two , I think they do look alot alike! Kimberly Kahler is promising, but if her Mom and her sister did see her not long before she died , I am thinking maybe she was not reported because something ol James Roy told them? or because she was an adult?
Her mom could have passed away not long after the visit in Louisiana maybe before she would have realized she hadn't heard from her in a while-never got the chance to report her missing.
Or if she traveled around a lot-which it seems she did in the last few years, maybe mom just figured her daughter didn't want to be contacted-we don't know if they had a rocky relationship or talked daily.
I agree with some earlier posts that she seemed to have grown up middle class and her pictures don't look like a run down addict or alcoholic prostitute stripper. She has sort of a "class" about her. Nice hair, kept it pretty and dyed. Pretty make up. Nicely dressed.
I don't think she was excited about going to Texas to start stripping/dancing or being a prostitute. It just doesn't make sense to me. And she was never arrested under any of her names in any of the other states (that we know of) for prostitution. And there were no drug charges that anyone has found under her aliases.
She seemed sort of "clean cut" (even her diary writings seem very young, sweet and niave.
And then some how i think she met (or hooked up with) James McAlphin (did he go there with Doe and Tyrone? or was McAlphin already in Texas and that is why her and Tyrone were going to Texas?) when she got to Texas under some unfortunate turn of life events and became an abused girlfriend and they needed money and he probably "encouraged" her to apply to be a stripper because it is easy and good $$$. Somehow that led to prostitution to support the two of them (and maybe helping McAlphin rob people- since the petty theft charges-or shoplifting things they needed when they were broke).

Sorry to ramble but thinking out loud and this case makes me crazy.

carbuff - NAMUS has age as 20-30. Your timeline point is well taken, though...

It's a point against the match, but not enough to rule it out. I'd recommend submitting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67