Are there other victims?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the state of California, any crime that has the potential punishment of life in prison is not subject to any statute of limitations.

Michaela's mom wants Nancy Garrido to tell what she knows

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_13404844?nclick_check=1

"This investigation is far from being over," said Hayward police Lt. Christine Orrey. "He's still the strongest suspect we have going."

When Murch heard that Dugard had been found alive, her first thought was "Michaela must be with her." But after hearing and reading about Garrido, a convicted sex offender who brutally raped a South Lake Tahoe woman for hours, "it brought a new world of terrors, thinking of what she might have gone through with him," she said.

But if Garrido is the one, Murch is putting her hopes on an appeal to Garrido's wife, Nancy, that she might tell what she knows. In her blog "The Wondering Heart" at www.thewonderingheart.blogspot.com, Murch relays her belief that Nancy Garrido likely was a victim of Garrido, too, and writes: "I can only pray that if Nancy knows anything, she can find the courage to tell."

Police are confident the Garridos were living on the property near Antioch in late 1988, when Michaela was kidnapped. And there was at least one item of Nancy Garrido's left in the dirt as investigators packed their gear — An American Express card in her name, which expired in 1988.

"It's ironic," Murch said as she walked back to her car. "I've had many things come up all along the way."

I can't help but wonder if the police departments have moved too swiftly in junking as much stuff as they have. There are other cases that this creep could be involved in other than Michaela and Ilene. This horrible man has been (in his own admission) involved in this deviant sexual behavior since 1969. This was way before Nancy Garrido, so you can forget the "I can't have children, wah, wah wah, so let's go steal one" theory. The man is a psychopath, period! He told his rape victim (per her testimony n the police report), Katie Hall, that he had done this sort of thing before twice, in Las Vegas and in the Bay Area. Was that a lie? I think not; he was BRAGGING! That was in 1976, and Katie WAS 25 YEARS OLD! I don't think he was referring to CHILDREN at that time, that would have been a different scenario entirely than what he had set up for Katie. And I don't think he meant the 14 year old that he apprarently raped in 1972, by giving her drugs. That seems less of an "abduction" and more of a consensual situation. (And I'm not saying it was right, but I'm guessing the young lady didn't testify, because she probably asked for the drugs???) So, just who was he referring to?????? Chistine Eastin, 19, missing since 1971 from Hayward? Who in Las Vegas did he abduct and rape and why isn't (aren't) these women now coming forward if they're alive???? Looks to me like his behavior and sexual desires went from older girls to younger girls somewhere along the way, maybe because he finally got caught in 1976? Perhaps because the older ones fought back? Who knows? Are there other victims? Of course, Katie and the 14 year old from 1972 are two we know of, the question is how many MORE are there? I hope other PDs are looking into ANY disapperance from the Bay Area to Tahoe to Las Vegas and I hope none of the evidence that might be found at the Garrido residence in any of those cases was possibly already "dumped". Does anyone know if there are other PD's interested in this discovery process, or should we just be assuming that they are?

I certainly don't agree that this creep was involved in all of the cases that are potentially associated with his location but I MOST DEFINITELY do not believe that once he had kidnapped Jaycee he STOPPED all of his nefarious activities. Perhaps they haven't found anything at the Walnut Street address but that tells us nothing about what he may/may not have been doing.

MOO

By Paul Burgarino
Contra Costa Times
Posted: 09/26/2009 02:11:24 PM PDT
Updated: 09/26/2009 11:09:10 PM PDTANTIOCH

<snipped>
"I was absolutely elated," said Mike Misheloff, Ilene's father. However, he became more horrified as details of Dugard's abduction became known, including reports that Phillip Garrido fathered two children with her.
Misheloff immediately contacted Dublin police.
"There was no question in my mind they were going to search (the Garrido property)," he said.
However, as Dublin police executed the search warrant, the family faced another emergency. The father of Maddie Misheloff, Ilene's mother, had become ill and the family flew to New Jersey. He died in the latter days of the search.
"We just couldn't handle both crises at the same time," said Mike Misheloff, adding he followed the search a bit but "not as actively as I would otherwise."
Though hopeful, he was "relieved, but not surprised" the property search didn't turn up definitive results.
more at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/top-stories/ci_13427990

By Paul Burgarino
Contra Costa Times
Posted: 09/26/2009 02:11:24 PM PDT
Updated: 09/26/2009 11:09:10 PM PDTANTIOCH

<snipped>
"I was absolutely elated," said Mike Misheloff, Ilene's father. However, he became more horrified as details of Dugard's abduction became known, including reports that Phillip Garrido fathered two children with her.
Misheloff immediately contacted Dublin police.
"There was no question in my mind they were going to search (the Garrido property)," he said.
However, as Dublin police executed the search warrant, the family faced another emergency. The father of Maddie Misheloff, Ilene's mother, had become ill and the family flew to New Jersey. He died in the latter days of the search.
"We just couldn't handle both crises at the same time," said Mike Misheloff, adding he followed the search a bit but "not as actively as I would otherwise."
Though hopeful, he was "relieved, but not surprised" the property search didn't turn up definitive results.
more at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/top-stories/ci_13427990

i feel really bad for this family. fact of the matter is, because two sickos are guilty of one crime, doesnt mean there guilty of this one.
take a look at the original jaycee thread "missing june 10 1991" for a few years before jaycee was found the speculation was it was that machaud woman and her boyfriend that did it.
there is no shortage of sickos out there

i feel really bad for this family. fact of the matter is, because two sickos are guilty of one crime, doesnt mean there guilty of this one.
take a look at the original jaycee thread "missing june 10 1991" for a few years before jaycee was found the speculation was it was that machaud woman and her boyfriend that did it.
there is no shortage of sickos out there
Yes, I know. Michelle Michaud and James Daveggio were originally the main suspects in Ilene's disappearance. They stalked the area she was abducted from.
Sadly, Ilene has a brother near in age to her. I saw him last night walking the family beagle. He had just gotten back from New Jersey, where his maternal grandfather died. So much tragedy for this family to bear...

Yes, I know. Michelle Michaud and James Daveggio were originally the main suspects in Ilene's disappearance. They stalked the area she was abducted from.
Sadly, Ilene has a brother near in age to her. I saw him last night walking the family beagle. He had just gotten back from New Jersey, where his maternal grandfather died. So much tragedy for this family to bear...

sorry lina i didnt know you knew the family personally. :(
at least we can be greatful for one thing..........we can thank god that michaud and deaggio didnt kidnap jaycee.
if they had she most certianly would be dead :(

http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/59231977.html

Gellman told the judge several law enforcement agencies have sought to interview her client about other cases they are pursuing.

"He does not consent to be questioned for any purposes," Gellman said.

The judge said Gellman would be notified of any interview efforts.

Outside court, District Attorney Vern Pierson told a throng of media from around the world that investigators were continuing to pursue other leads in the case.

"As of today, there are no additional charges ... That's not to say there won't be," he said.

I was wondering why HPD & DPD kept saying they hadn't questioned Garrido. Apparently they CANNOT! Here's a guy who "wants to tell his heartwarming story" and his attorney won't let him, because she feels it's not right???????? This just burns my arse!!!! "CONSENT?" OMG, this guy and the word consent shouldn't be used in the same freakin' sentence!!!! :furious::furious::furious:

http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/59231977.html

Gellman told the judge several law enforcement agencies have sought to interview her client about other cases they are pursuing.

"He does not consent to be questioned for any purposes," Gellman said.

The judge said Gellman would be notified of any interview efforts.

Outside court, District Attorney Vern Pierson told a throng of media from around the world that investigators were continuing to pursue other leads in the case.

"As of today, there are no additional charges ... That's not to say there won't be," he said.

I was wondering why HPD & DPD kept saying they hadn't questioned Garrido. Apparently they CANNOT! Here's a guy who "wants to tell his heartwarming story" and his attorney won't let him, because she feels it's not right???????? This just burns my arse!!!! "CONSENT?" OMG, this guy and the word consent shouldn't be used in the same freakin' sentence!!!! :furious::furious::furious:

billy he's not gonna talk about any other crimes he might have committed.
if he keeps talking he's gonna continue his ranting about how much good he wsa for jaycee ect. and id rather stick myself in the eye with a corkscrew then hear that crap again

Norrell Informant to be Tried for Child Molestation

The former fire captain who reportedly gave police information on Lisa Norrell's murder will face a civil trial next month.

By Haley W. Nolde and Chris Smith

A former Antioch fire captain who reportedly gave investigators information on Lisa Norrell's November 1998 murder (see CASE) in exchange for the dropping of criminal child molestation charges against him will face a civil trial on those allegations in a Contra Costa County court next month.

Police arrested Duanne Dee Shoemake, 55, in September 1998 on five felony counts of molestation. He was accused of sexually abusing two girls to whom he is related. But even after a Contra Costa County Superior Court judge ruled there was ample evidence to take the criminal case to trial, the District Attorney's office dropped all charges against Shoemake on January 11.

Sources close to the criminal case say the charges were dismissed because Shoemake supplied information on the killing of Norrell, the Pittsburg teenager whose body was found in an industrial area near the border of Pittsburg and Antioch last November. At the time, Shoemake's niece was married to David Michael Heneby (See SUBJECTS), then the primary suspect in the Norrell investigation. Police arrested Heneby in connection with the murder on January 6, only to release him the next day due to insufficient evidence.

Almost a year has passed since Norrell's murder, which devastated Pittsburg (See CITY), a largely working-class town of 54,117 in northeastern Contra Costa County. Investigators have made little progress in solving the case.

Prosecutors have the option of re-filing criminal charges against Shoemake at a later date, but that seems unlikely. "The D.A. told me no, the charges would not be re-filed," said one of the mothers of the girls Shoemake allegedly molested. (Her name is withheld here to protect her daughter's identity (See ETHICS).) The second girl's mother declined to comment.

Deputy District Attorney Brian Haynes declined to comment on the dropped charges. "Shoemake's case is still involved with an ongoing homicide investigation," he said. MORE

Timeline of Events

By Lyssa Mudd

Following is a chronology of the major events in the Lisa Norrell case, starting with the deaths of two prostitutes in 1992, six years before Lisa's murder last November. These dates were culled from court documents, other public records, and newspaper articles. MORE

Wasn't Lisa the niece of Garrido's neighbor?

Timeline of Events

By Lyssa Mudd

Following is a chronology of the major events in the Lisa Norrell case, starting with the deaths of two prostitutes in 1992, six years before Lisa's murder last November. These dates were culled from court documents, other public records, and newspaper articles. MORE

Wasn't Lisa the niece of Garrido's neighbor?

that is one hell of a neighborhood huh? :eek:
i hope where you are its better mysisters :)

Garrido bones likely American Indian
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...bay&id=7057447

The interesting part to me is:
Sheriff's investigators also confirmed today they are continuing to follow up on an earlier report of two young girls, believed to be 6 or 7 years old, who had reportedly been seen with Phillip Garrido before his arrest.

The girls are not believed to be the two daughters Phillip Garrido fathered with kidnap victim Jaycee Dugard.

Investigators have conducted numerous interviews and probation searches, but still have not been able to find any evidence of the two girls.

Anyone with information about them is asked to call the sheriff's office at (925) 313-2630.

Garrido bones likely American Indian
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...bay&id=7057447

The interesting part to me is:
Sheriff's investigators also confirmed today they are continuing to follow up on an earlier report of two young girls, believed to be 6 or 7 years old, who had reportedly been seen with Phillip Garrido before his arrest.

The girls are not believed to be the two daughters Phillip Garrido fathered with kidnap victim Jaycee Dugard.

Investigators have conducted numerous interviews and probation searches, but still have not been able to find any evidence of the two girls.

Anyone with information about them is asked to call the sheriff's office at (925) 313-2630.

a defense attorney would claim they were kids of neighbors or they never actually existed. they need real proof here.

that is one hell of a neighborhood huh? :eek:
i hope where you are its better mysisters :)

I'm in a better neighborhood as long as I don't go anywhere! I would love to leave the area...anyone want to adopt me and my dog? :angel:

Lisa Norrell Mourned on Anniversary of Slaying
New information in Pittsburg girl's case uncovered an alleged confession by man who was never charged

Charlie Goodyear, Chronicle Staff Writer
Saturday, November 6, 1999

The mother confronted police about why they traded away a child- molestation case for a thirdhand tip about a purported confession. At that meeting, Pittsburg police defended their deal with Shoemake, saying he had helped them make an arrest.

``Basically, they told me there was an arrest made and that was good enough,'' said the mother of the molestation victim. ``But what he told them obviously did not stick an arrest.''

Larry Cook, a lawyer representing the woman in her lawsuit against Shoemake, said police ``gave up very serious sex crimes charges for apparently nothing.

``The continued victimization of these girls is the fact that no arrest (in the Norrell case) has been made, and law enforcement is unwilling to come forward to account for their actions,'' Cook said.

Corruption!!!!

Lisa Norrell Mourned on Anniversary of Slaying
New information in Pittsburg girl's case uncovered an alleged confession by man who was never charged

Charlie Goodyear, Chronicle Staff Writer
Saturday, November 6, 1999

The mother confronted police about why they traded away a child- molestation case for a thirdhand tip about a purported confession. At that meeting, Pittsburg police defended their deal with Shoemake, saying he had helped them make an arrest.

``Basically, they told me there was an arrest made and that was good enough,'' said the mother of the molestation victim. ``But what he told them obviously did not stick an arrest.''

Larry Cook, a lawyer representing the woman in her lawsuit against Shoemake, said police ``gave up very serious sex crimes charges for apparently nothing.

``The continued victimization of these girls is the fact that no arrest (in the Norrell case) has been made, and law enforcement is unwilling to come forward to account for their actions,'' Cook said.

Corruption!!!!

that place is starting to look like the most corrupt place in america at this point.

that place is starting to look like the most corrupt place in america at this point.

I hope someone like a Dateline producer will investigate it. They have access to data that we don't have. Years ago, I helped with a Dateline segment and it was an awesome experience. Especially for people like us that love sleuthing!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_ks
Back