Are there other victims?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've lost her name right now (Ali?), but there was a 17 year old (maybe she was pregnant too) who disappeared in ~1990 - seemingly off the Bay Bridge and was never found. Police tried to say she was somehow knocked into the water and they just never found her body. Her mom never believed that. Just wanted to make a note of it here although slim chance it had anything to do with Garrido.

Due to the mild weather there have always been a lot of "free spirits and homeless people in the bay area. There are seedy elements, but in that day there was a lot of "free love" and religious and sexual freedoms being explored. Very bizarre time for the bay area. My parents, who were very over protective, never thought twice about letting us go to San Francisco over Christmas vacation to shop. We would ride BART and be gone all day. We would go in a group of 5 or 6 of us, but I know that we are blessed that nothing ever happened to us. We would laugh about being offered drugs, membership into a commune or to go to "parties on nob hill". Five high school girls together were not too out of place, as it was vacation time, but we didn't know the city or the dangers that were there. I could see the area as a perfect hunting ground.

I just have to comment ont his post! You had FUN right?

OMG I'm from that area and we traveled everywhere by bus (there was no BART yet, yeah, I'm old) but we could go to the CITY, by bus anywhere and feel safe. I remember once waaay back ( I think we were on our way to the zoo or something) going through the Haight-Ashberry Dsct. just to tour the "hippy district", (I was probably around 12 or 13) and gawking at all the psychedelic and fluorescent paintined buildings. It was a very different time.

OMG I'm from that area and we traveled everywhere by bus (there was no BART yet, yeah, I'm old) but we could go to the CITY, by bus anywhere and feel safe. I remember once waaay back ( I think we were on our way to the zoo or something) going through the Haight-Ashberry Dsct. just to tour the "hippy district", (I was probably around 12 or 13) and gawking at all the psychedelic and fluorescent paintined buildings. It was a very different time.

Yeah, it brings back some great memories. I found a stray kitten in the Haight-Ashberry and brought her home, named her Juniper and she lived to be 21!!

Yeah, it brings back some great memories. I found a stray kitten in the Haight-Ashberry and brought her home, named her Juniper and she lived to be 21!!

Jennifer Juniper lives upon the hill,
Jennifer Juniper, sitting very still.
Is she sleeping ? I don't think so.
Is she breathing ? Yes, very low.
Whatcha doing, Jennifer, my love ?
Jennifer Juniper, rides a dappled mare,
Jennifer Juniper, lilacs in her hair.
Is she dreaming ? Yes, I think so.
Is she pretty ? Yes, ever so.

")

http://www.mercurynews.com/jaycee-dugard/ci_13226119

I don't recall seeing this article before, but I may have just missed it. It's the last half that seems most interesting. There are several quotes from neighbors I haven't seen before, like the one who describes hearing dogs in pain coming from the yard.

This was also strange to me, it's a quote from Danielle LaBlue, an employee of the Molino's. He gave her a copy of his manifesto that he'd also given to the FBI.

BBM:
"Garrido brought his girls to the shop and he invited the Molinos and LeBlue over to his house, LeBlue said. He called them "his girls, not his daughters," LeBlue said."

i wanted to post these contact numbers in the event anyone reading this forum has information and the courage to come forward.

How to help
# authorities are still seeking information in the disappearances of michaela garecht, ilene misheloff and lisa norrell. Garecht case: Anyone with information on michaela garecht's case should call hayward police at 510-293-7079. There is up to a $60,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction.

More information about the reward and michaela's case is available at www.missingmichaela.com.

# misheloff case: Anyone with information on ilene misheloff's case should call dublin police at 925-833-6670, or leave tips at 800-763-6306. There is up to a $100,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction.

More information about ilene is available at www.find-ilene.org.

# norrell case: Anyone with information on lisa norrell's case should call antioch police at 925-779-6802, the pittsburg police department tip line at 925-427-7369 or the polly klaas foundation at 800-587-4357. There is up to a $60,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction.

Snipped from http://www.insidebayarea.com/dublin/ci_13427990

bump.....Good numbers to have.
still no TIP LINE..... :(

It was great fun and we used to buy pork buns from street vendors and give them to the homeless people we would see. When we went to the wharf we would see a lot of street entertainers and a LOT of hippies and hare krishnas. The hippies would try to talk to the hare krishnas and get them to smoke weed. It was hilarious! The hare krishnas would just bow to them. ;-)

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_13231478

A while back, Molino said he sold Garrido a reddish Volkswagen. Garrido would drive the wagon to People's Park in Berkeley, said homeless men who camp there.

"He seemed kind of hyper. He would rush around, passing out bottles of water and sometimes homemade sandwiches. He was always in a hurry," said one of the older, bearded campers, who identified himself only as "The Hate Man."

"He'd have the kids every now and then tagging along behind."

One of the men, William Clark, described a strange display on the dashboard of Garrido's car. He said religious symbols — including a pentagram — were glued onto the dashboard, along with an array of nude baby dolls. Law enforcement officials did not return calls to confirm the display.

Occasionally, Garrido would set up speakers on the park's stage, the men said. "But he never seemed to say anything or play music with them," said one man, who declined to give his name. "Nothing happened. No sound. I guess he wasn't quite wired in, either."

Is there a connection between Garrido & People's Park in Berkeley? (I thought P Park was turned into a parking lot in the 70's?) Anyway, why Berkeley? Any bodies turn up in Peoples Park? Or Last seen in Peoples Park? Makes me wonder what a guy from Antioch would be doing in Berkeley. Which brings up another point I forgot to bring up regarding that legal action between Garrido/Ernesto Toler (I think that was the name), Garrido's lawyer for that case was from ALAMEDA, why? Why wouldn't he have gotten a lawyer that was closer to home? Toler's lawyer was from, like Orinda or something, which made sense, but all the way to Alameda to get an attorney?

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_13231478

Is there a connection between Garrido & People's Park in Berkeley? (I thought P Park was turned into a parking lot in the 70's?) Anyway, why Berkeley? Any bodies turn up in Peoples Park? Or Last seen in Peoples Park? Makes me wonder what a guy from Antioch would be doing in Berkeley. Which brings up another point I forgot to bring up regarding that legal action between Garrido/Ernesto Toler (I think that was the name), Garrido's lawyer for that case was from ALAMEDA, why? Why wouldn't he have gotten a lawyer that was closer to home? Toler's lawyer was from, like Orinda or something, which made sense, but all the way to Alameda to get an attorney?

Snipped by me.

I go to UC Berkeley and People's Park is still very much there. To my knowledge no bodies have turned up there. I participated in an archaeological dig across the street from it this summer and interacted a lot with the PP residents and I'm pretty sure that would have been brought up.

I've been racking my brain to try to remember if I ever saw a red Volkswagen, or Garrido for that matter. When this story first broke he looked so familiar to me.

Billy, per the article:

One of the men, William Clark, described a strange display on the dashboard of Garrido's car. He said religious symbols — including a pentagram — were glued onto the dashboard, along with an array of nude baby dolls. Law enforcement officials did not return calls to confirm the display.

I'm really suspecting this stuff could have already been in the car when he bought it. Pentagrams don't seem to be his style? But also, I'd hate to foster some kind of talk where Pentagrams are once again seen as some kind of evil thing. They are sacred to some and what they represent is often misrepresented. I don't know about the naked baby dolls though. Pentagrams would definitely NOT be accepted by any Jehovah's Witness.

Snipped by me.

I go to UC Berkeley and People's Park is still very much there. To my knowledge no bodies have turned up there. I participated in an archaeological dig across the street from it this summer and interacted a lot with the PP residents and I'm pretty sure that would have been brought up.

I've been racking my brain to try to remember if I ever saw a red Volkswagen, or Garrido for that matter. When this story first broke he looked so familiar to me.

The unusual chain of events that led to the discovery of Dugard with Garrido began Tuesday, when he tried to enter the campus at the University of California-Berkeley to pass out religious literature. He had tried before, and campus police were familiar with his previous attempts to secure a permit for an unspecified event at People's Park, officials said.
http://blogs.laweekly.com/ladaily/crime/parolee-charlie-samuel-killed/

Summer dig holds open house on Monday

(510) 643-5651
kmaclay@berkeley.edu

12 June 2009

ATTENTION: Higher education and feature writers, photographers

WHAT

An open house for a University of California, Berkeley, archaeological dig being conducted a few blocks from campus by 20 students as part of a field school. The dig site was once home to Berkeley entrepreneur John Hinkel's mansion and conservatory, the "Casa Hispana" boarding facility and housing for World War II workers.

The students will explain and interpret for visitors the unearthed treasures and other remains - including pieces from an 1895 greenhouse and a 1910 garage - that reflect the city of Berkeley's early 19th and early 20th century residential life and community development.

WHEN

10 a.m.-3 p.m., Monday, June 15

WHERE

The dig site is in Berkeley's Southside area, near People's Park, and includes small areas within the Anna Head West parking lot. The lot is on the block bordered by Channing Way, Haste Street, Telegraph Avenue and Bowditch Street.

DETAILS

The dig is the central focus of a course offered this summer through the campus's Department of Anthropology, its Archaeological Research Facility and Summer Sessions.

UC Berkeley Professor Laurie Wilkie is supervising the effort, which is designed to expose students to the rigors, practicalities and professional practices of a real archaeological dig, without the added expenses of transportation and housing. The field school site is slated for future development as student housing.

Summer dig holds open house on Monday

Snipped for length by me.

That's it. I went through all my photographs, etc. but I don't see anything telling. Of course I was taking pictures for excavation purposes, not of visitors or People's Park residents.

I'll keep thinking and I'll ask other people I know who were working on the site if they remember a red Volkswagen or seeing someone like Garrido. To be honest though we were out there all day, 5 days a week for a whole month. We got a lot of visitors who were a bit "out of the ordinary", if you get my drift. We were always nice and spoke to anyone who spoke to us, but after a while you just start to say "Ahuh" a lot and try to get on with your work.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...ple's+park"+berkeley&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

There was a rape near people's park reported Aug 14, 1991. That's all I've found so far, but I don't know how to get to the Daily California archives listed above.

I lived near Berkeley in 1991... can't remember a the rape near People's Park, but I thought near that time there were rapes or attempted kidnappings/or something at the Berkeley Rose Gardens or other park - can't find it on Google though :(

I can't remember Bzerkley that well, is this referred to address anywhere's near People's Park?

Endangered Missing Adult

If you believe you have any information regarding this case that will be helpful in this investigation please contact:
Berkeley Police Department at (510) 981-5900

Name: Lynn Ruth Connes
Classification: Endangered Missing Adult
Date of Birth: 1955-06-21
Date Missing: 1976-05-20
From City/State: Berkeley, CA
Missing From (Country): USA
Age at Time of Disappearance: 20
Race: White
Height: 64 inches
Weight: 110 pounds
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Green
Complexion: Light
Identifying Characteristics: Scar on lower lip, freckles.
Clothing: Black top, black bell bottom pants, tan scarf.
Jewelry: Silver ring with an etched design.
Circumstances of Disappearance: Unknown. Lynn was last seen at her residence in the vicinity of the 2800 block of Regent St. in Berkeley, CA. She left her residence to meet a man named "Jeff" at a restaurant in the vicinity of the 2600 block of Telegraph Ave. An unidentified waitress indicated that a woman matching Lynn's description came to the restaurant at 10:15am. Although the restaurant was closed, the waitress let her sit at a table to wait for someone. No one saw the woman leave the restaurant. Law enforcement found Lynn's locked bicycle near the restaurant.
Investigative Agency: Berkeley Police Department
Phone: (510) 981-5900
Investigative Case #: 27536-76
NCIC #: M-162456027

the 2600 block of telegraph is about 2 blocks away from People's Park - maybe .15 miles at the most

Garrido in Reno when Tahoe woman vanished in 1970

http://www.rgj.com/article/20090831/NEWS/90831044/1321/news

I hadn't seen this before

I hadn't seen that before either but her name seems familiar. I know there's a Tahoe connection with JC and Katherine Callaway (I couldn't believe when they talked to the man in charge of JCs case originally and he said we didn't look at Garrido. At least he's honest-I guess)

Looking at the PG timeline thread it has PG at Clayton Marsh Creek Det Centre in 1969. Not known for how long. Then first marriage in Nevada in 1973.

That link has this:
"Phillip Garrido graduated from Liberty High School in 1969 and moved to Reno shortly afterward, his brother said. He fled California after learning that fellow drug dealers “had a contract out on him,” Ron Garrido said."

Was he in detention after graduating and before moving to Reno? I'm thinking he was as, if my geography serves me correctly, Reno is just inside of Nevada. Or could he have served a spell in detention whilst at school? All it points to really is that he knew the Tahoe area as he probably passed through on he's way to Reno when he fled California.

You can't help but ponder if it was him though. I know it can help to look at other crimes for patterns i.e K.Callaway (he said he wouldn't kill her) but it's not known what plans he had for her really. Even if he planned to let her live and it was him with Donna Ann Lass who's to know what state of mind a 19/20 year old PG+just out of detention+acid was in. He might not of even planned to kill her and with acid in the mix he did and it was an accident or something.
Did the detective in charge of JCs case not look at PG because he was looking for patterns as well. I can't believe a detective would cross somebody off the list, even though he'd committed a sex-related crime in the area, because it was on an adult and not a minor.

Just putting Lass' name in wiki now I see where I must of read it before. The Zodiac Killer has been connected with Lass but unconfirmed and he(?) was never caught.
If you've never read about the Zodiac Killer and thinking that he(?) and PG might be the same person I don't think so. Unless it's a side of PG we don't know about. I don't think there were any sex-related crimes.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyuglybefore
Back