Area Body Found in "Too Strange" Was it Searched?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is people are trying to make sense of a person's actions (KC) that have made no sense since the beginning.
I think the location fits right in.
Why would she have done any of the things she has done
her behaviors whether it was after she killed her child or after her child was supposedly abducted makes no sense (the partying, the tat, the shopping the stealing, the renting videos with TL the same day that hours before your child was suppsedly abducted, does that make any sense to anyone.
the lies, most of which were easily verified by LE as lies, make no sense
she is used to getting away with stuff from her family without much thought, whatever comes to her, thats what she goes with.

I watched the Judge's statement about a possible accomplice...but I don't get what info lead him to make that leap. It seems he is just speculating - like we all have - that perhaps the body hadn't been there all this time because LE had searched that area previously. But there seems to be alot of confusion as to whether that particular spot was actually searched or whether it was covered with water.

I personally think they didn't rush back to the house because they thought the A's were accomplices....I think they found some piece of tangible evidence (dog hair, clothing, etc.) that could be tied to the house or more specifically to Caylee or Casey.

I watched the Judge's statement about a possible accomplice...but I don't get what info lead him to make that leap. It seems he is just speculating - like we all have - that perhaps the body hadn't been there all this time because LE had searched that area previously. But there seems to be alot of confusion as to whether that particular spot was actually searched or whether it was covered with water.

I personally think they didn't rush back to the house because they thought the A's were accomplices....I think they found some piece of tangible evidence (dog hair, clothing, etc.) that could be tied to the house or more specifically to Caylee or Casey.

I think Judge Napolitano is stating clearly in this video that the wording of the Search Warrant indicates to him that the police believe Caylee's body was moved to this location sometime after Casey's arrest.

When she forged one of Amy's stolen checks, she signed her own name.

I'm so glad I found this because it has been driving me nuts...
How on earth could someone sign their own name on a check from an account the clearly belongs to someone else (Amy's name on the check) and it gets accepted by the cashier? I have no idea how she pulled that off!

I too find this all kind-of strange. I have absolutely nothing to base this feeling on and I have felt from the get go that Caylee was dead and that her mother killed her..

Having said that several things seem a bit strange. I was watching Larry King last night and the local reporter started to shake her head "NO" when people were saying that the area had been flooded earlier. I wish they would have let her speak what she thought. Then it's a real co-incidence(or not) that CA & GA were out of town when the body was found. Next we have all observed CA since the first day Caylee was reported missing..nothing or nobody(unfortunately) shuts her up. Now all of a sudden she is silent. I watched the WFTV video of her and GA going in the side of their garage with "security" people. This pattern is just not normal for them. I look at patterns of behavior and this doesn't fit in with CA's at all.

I think that LE felt all along that this was an accidental death that happened when Casey was involved in doing something she shouldn't have been doing and that she went into panic mode and coverup mode. Now we have a body with duct tape on the mouth and that moves things into a different direction altogether. I expect, once the death is positively confirmed, that there will be much more to come and I don't think it's will be pleasant to hear...:waitasec:

JMO

That is exactly what Kiomarie said. Chickasaw at Suburban, which is EXACTLY where Caylee was found. Now the kid who lives near there said that the exact area where Caylee was found was knee deep in water. Knee deep is about 2 feet of water. What are the chances that a plastic bag couldn't be seen in the small amount of water?

Texas Equisearch LOST a 4x4 back in that area when it sank under the water. That is part of teh reason TM called off the search originally. A submerged plastic bag in 2'+ of muddy still swamp water. That is extremely dificult to find. basically every square inch would need to be searched by hand with people wading crawling through the mud and water. It is impossible to maintain safety for the searchers, and the chances of finding anything, and not damaging or destroying it in the process is slim. Perhaps TM's wisest move was to call off the search until the waters receded.

As far as why LE was not searching this area more heavily.There is some legitimate criticism there, but not as much as some would have. I think they relied too much on cell phone pings and high tech tracking, and not enough on basic old school policing, where they almost always drop the body close to home or somewhere familiar. As soon as KC made that "I feel she;s near" comment they probably should have looked more closely near the home. But because of various witness statements they did not seem to be viewing the house as a primary location in the crime, except for the vague cadaver dog hit in the back yard. They assumed that Caylee died elsewhere, was driven around until the smell became unbearable, and finally dumped somewhere during KC's travels. However I get the impression that this theory may have changed drastically based on what they found with the body. I think they are now believing the child died at that house, and KC left to flee that fact.

Remember Caseys words to Cindy: Trust no one, only yourself. What is given can be taken away. Looking back on all the things Casey has said, it all fits into place. She was using the Zanny story to fit her nights out. Now she uses it to fit Caylee is missing, she made this story up as she had to, there was no thought about when she gets caught.....the only thing she was thinking about was the next party, as far as Caylee out of sight out of mind. I think she placed Caylee (as someone else pointed out) when George almost got in the trunk, I think that is when fluid leaked and the smell began. Had George not gone for the trunk Caylee may still have been in there when the car was picked at the tow yard.

In my gut I have always felt that KC wanted Caylee found. I feel that KC whether accidental or intentional was responsible for Caylees death. Considering the relationship between KC and CA I don't believe KC could admit to CA that she was right, that KC is an unfit mother. I believe this is why KC left her car at Amscot in plain view for everyone to see. She left evidence that the A's did try to conceal and her choice of dumping location seems to me to be an obvious attempt to ensure that Caylee would be found. I think in KC laziness she placed Caylee in a shallow grave, explains why she had a pair of boots in her car..(that always bothered me)..I can't see due to the location that anyone helped her and I really will be surprised if KC ever admits what really happened. I thought it was interesting that KC came close to spilling her guts to GA but Jose got to her first. I feel that CA has been KC's protecter and GA has always been the bad guy in the marriage.

Casey is used to getting away with all sorts of things by just telling a few lies which contain tiny grains of truth. She may be a very cold fish, but she is not all that bright and she is not a hardened criminal. She is a pathological liar to be sure, but not a clever and hardened criminal.

I doubt that it would have crossed her mind to drive a hundred miles or so, with her cell phone turned off all the way there and all the way back, to dispose of Caylee's body. A lot of Florida is rural and watery, so there would have been no problem finding a place to do that.

I feel that she dumped Caylee's body where she did as a matter of convenience and familiarity. Remember that in Kiomarie's interview, she spoke of a "hiding spot" behind Hidden Oaks Elem School.

"And back in the day there was no fences put up here, there was just ah, like a dirt hill and you can go back there with your bicycles and there’s two different spots back there where we used to hangout at. And we pretty much hung out there most of our time. We used to bring blankets and picnic baskets and just steal food from our houses and bring it out there and just snack on food for hours until the lights came on when we had to go home. Um, pretty much just get away from our parents, which used to drive us up the wall especially in middle school. And then we stopped going there once freshman year hit."

It was familiar to KC, convenient, and I think she knew it would be undetectable because of limited access with the undergrowth and flooding in summertime. Like LP said once, "This girl lives her life 10 minutes at a time". He hit the nail on the head there. She tells a lie and moves on. She does a bad deed and moves on. She dumped Caylee and moved on. She's like Scarlett O'Hara. She'll worry about it tomorrow. I truly believe it's as simple as that.

Ya know that's another thing that makes me shudder. When talking to her mother on the phone from jail, she says "YOU don't know what MY involvement is?" I brought this up before and it was dismissed by a few posters, but she sounds like she is throwing it back at CA angrily.

Agree this is one of her early remarks that stood out.
After all this time and trying to decipher KC's dialogue, I lean toward her saying that because she was reverting back to her manipulative stance w/CA to 'how dare you think I'm involved/guilty of anything,I'm going to have a hissy fit if you don't back off and you'll never get any clues from me about the nanny or the sawgrass apts'. She needed to be sure CA was going to 'protect' her and go along w/her storyline. She also was angry her mother made 'cameo' appearances because she always thought herself smarter then her mother as her past methods of weaseling out of things always worked BUT at that time KC didn't know if CA big mouth would accidently slip & something that would possibly incriminate her any further.

I think Casey may have initially hidden the bag out in the remote areas by the airport where her cell phone was pinging, and then later moved it to near her home when she knew those woods had already been searched and then all the rains came. She probably figured they wouldn't search there twice, and when they did search there agaion, they had to stop because of all the water and she lucked out.

I personally think the only person involved in any way is KC. I do not think her parents or Lee had anything to do with hiding the body. I just think KC thought she was being smart to move the body near her home once that area had searched in the first week or so by LE.

Someone in here pointed out (and I agree with them) that the dogs may have hit in the A's backyard because of toys and things removed from the trunk (that had decomp smell on them) and simply put back in Caylee's playouse, etc. once GA got the car home.

I don't think Caylee was ever actually back there.

I think Judge Napolitano is stating clearly in this video that the wording of the Search Warrant indicates to him that the police believe Caylee's body was moved to this location sometime after Casey's arrest.

I think he stated also that he was speculating on that though. I wonder what could be in there that would lead him to believe that LE was there because the body was moved? It seems just as plausible that they could be there because they now think the A's home (or backyard) was indeed the original murder scene. For instance - if they found something like a bed sheet that matches other sets in the home, or dog hairs.

What could be in the search warrant that would make him think they were there because the body was moved?

This past spring was *very* dry for central Florida. The pond I live on receded 10 feet or more. I don't remember when the rains started, but I think Faye wasn't until August. I don't know if that area would have been under water when LE was first searching in July, but it's an important question.

The pesticide might have been sprayed on the body to stop bugs. Maggots were in the trash bag found in KC's car. I think if she saw that she'd have sprayed bugged spray in there. According to one of the forensic dr's, that would have slowed the destruction of the soft tissue. Maybe the fact that there was soft tissue left leads detectives to believe that an inhibitor was used.

I heard a while back that there was an interview with Cyndi where she said that she and Lee were able to sneak out of the back of the house with all the reporters out front, to go visit PopPop one night. I think that interview could be very very important.

I think Casey may have initially hidden the bag out in the remote areas by the airport where her cell phone was pinging, and then later moved it to near her home when she knew those woods had already been searched and then all the rains came. She probably figured they wouldn't search there twice, and when they did search there agaion, they had to stop because of all the water and she lucked out.

Someone in here pointed out (and I agree with them) that the dogs may have hit in the A's backyard because of toys and things removed from the trunk (that had decomp smell on them) and simply put back in Caylee's playouse, etc. once GA got the car home.

I don't think Caylee was ever actually back there.

How did casey move the body after the searches began? She was under arrest.

"If it comes down to the fact that it is Caylee, then we have to go to the next step and figure out WHEN she was placed there and deal with that." Michelle Bart.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/M....jsp?contentId=8065332&version=1&locale=EN-US

I heard that too. I think this development might actually help the defense. It's obvious that there next move will be to say whoever kidnapped her killed her and left her there.

I think if anyone moved the body it was someone within the family. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members