Arias files motion to fire lead attorney Kirk Nurmi

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Even in writing Jodi doesn't make much sense.
She is using the fact that she has not seen Nurmi since the end of trial as a reason to can his butt, yet several pages later you find out she is the one who refuses to see him.
She complains in the beginning that he is telling her to call one of the other team members and later in the letter she is complaining that Nurmi is not going through other team members to speak to her.
She is using a "joke" that the defense team and Jodi chuckled at (that whole 9 days out of 10 line) as another reason to fire him. Well you thought if was funny that day in court but since that one slice of humor did not get the juror to side with you now you pretend he was bad mouthing you.

More then ever do I feel for Travis. This letter shows how she twist things around making them out to be everyone else's problem. Can't imagine that type of person in my life and not being driven completely mad.

I find it funny how she only uses her mental health issues when she needs to use them.

Boy, I FEEL for any male especially Travis of course, whoever has had the total MISFORTUNE to bump paths with this psycho chick. She is everyone's " worst nightmare" and will stick to you like crazy glue with no removal possible. This twisted letter or whatever the heck it is, is a complete summation of how she perceives the world and people : she is blameless, a victim, any bad deed she's done was because she " had to", she's entitled, she's owed, she's superior, she's been abused by the whole planet, including the ( mythical) license plate stealing skateboarders.

In truth she's a manipulator, a con artist, a liar, a low life, a cheat, a thief, a and a MURDERER, a vicious horrible sleazy user and the WORST part is she actually believes her own BS. I KNOW she knows Travis never physically hurt her or is in any way a pedophile. No way. But she has a sense that because he rejected her and had other girlfriends that THAT constitutes emotional abuse, so I think she in her sicko mind has twisted it , to justify what she did to him. She is a " survivor" of Travis rejection. I don't hate many people, but this one and Casey Anthony I really can say I hate.

God speed to the death penalty for convicted murderess Arias. :jail: :please:
SEE YA , JODI, BUH BYE.

Any reply from Judge Stephens yet?

DeMarte did present the diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder and if I had to guess what other diagnosis wasn't presented because it could be deemed too prejudicial is this: Dissociative Disorder (aka Multiple Personality Disorder).
It's a good thing that it wasn't presented too if my theory is correct. Dissociative Disorder is one of the few diagnosis that can get the death penalty off the table due to insanity.

moo

I should think whatever true diagnosis should have been brought out rather than risk an overturned sentence because it wasn't, such as happened here:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/arizona/free/20130826arizona-student-roommate-death-resentence.html

I can believe in Dissociative Disorder, every day she was on the stand she acted like a different person, most of the time she looked like a different person. I kept wondering which actress she was emulating on any given day of testimony, but once all the psychology aspects were brought in, I began to understand why that was.

I can't agree with your last statement though, if she does have D.D., the DP should be off the table, as will be argued in the appeal, you can't keep out the full diagnosis just to keep the DP on the table.

Any reply from Judge Stephens yet?

Not sure it was ever entered into the court record. Somehow a reporter was able to get a copy before it was filed. Seems as if she is using the reporter to vent and nothing else. jmo

I should think whatever true diagnosis should have been brought out rather than risk an overturned sentence because it wasn't, such as happened here:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/arizona/free/20130826arizona-student-roommate-death-resentence.html

I can believe in Dissociative Disorder, every day she was on the stand she acted like a different person, most of the time she looked like a different person. I kept wondering which actress she was emulating on any given day of testimony, but once all the psychology aspects were brought in, I began to understand why that was.

I can't agree with your last statement though, if she does have D.D., the DP should be off the table, as will be argued in the appeal, you can't keep out the full diagnosis just to keep the DP on the table.

I don't think she was ever evaluated by a psychiatrist so what the psychologist testified to in court are their opinions only based on their experience and evaluating her through interviews and testing. If it was get DP off the table she would have been evaluated by a psychiatrist for sure. For some reason the defense team did not want that done. jmo

Consider. She doesn't have the capacity for self-reflection. Truth and reality are unknown to her.

Toss in: She's alone 23 hours a day. The only people she has any regular direct contact with are armed guards. A family member may visit her every long once in a while, she can make a few phone calls, she can relay her little Twitter bombs over the phone. She can't read the Twitter replies herself and she can't latch onto normal people to manipulate-- they're outside and she is locked in. I have no doubt that she still loathes her family, and would guess that she feels contempt for the fools who actually believer she was abused. She's alone, stewing in her own lies and hatred.

She's also alone and creating her own reality. IMO, she views those 12 pages as a piece of what in her head is a grand media strategy. The closed court sessions are killing her, as is the fact that the media moved on months ago. Deprived of attention-oxygen, she's reaching for a way to reignite media interest.

She tweets about bankruptcy and an appeals fund. She follows up soon after with a motion to dismiss Nurmi that she knows is going to be rejected by the judge. If she were at all serious about the motion it would be under seal. Instead, she made sure it was handed to the media, likely via Keifer or the scam artist she imagines she's twisting to her will.

She thinks that a large audience has been waiting to hear from her; that this imaginary audience will devour her motion intended for them, not the judge, and then breathlessly await her "interview " where she'll explain more.

(( I'd bet on these themes-- I wanted to keep this new dirt secret, in an ex-parte with the judge, but she said no!! No, I don't trust Nurmi because he didn't impeach Deanna on the stand when she said she slept with Travis!!. And he never called CL to the stand, even though it could be proven Travis had sex with her too!! And he let them play that sex tape in open court, the one where it proved Travis was a pedophile!! But especially, he needs to be fired because the jury would have agreed I acted in self defense if he had done his job and listened to me, and if he spoken to the people I told him about who would have testified to the fact that Travis abused me! They wanted to testify!! But he never sought them out!!

IMO, she's delusional enough to think that rolling out this pathetic and puny drama may taint a potential jury pool. She clearly thinks that its good for fund raising. Perhaps she also imagines that she can actually hurt Nurmi with her juvenile public attack on him , enough so that he'll try to withdraw again, and that because she's rallied enough of the public to her side, when Nurmi asks for an out again, the judge will be forced to oblige.

Whatever her hallucinations, I'm 100% sure she thinks they're a master plan, and I'm 100% looking forward to the day when she is forced to realize that she won't leave prison alive.

She was examined initially to make sure she was competent to stand trial, yes? Who did that, and what is such an examination like?

I looked and it has been filed...

Attachments

• Court Filings.jpg
    Court Filings.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 49
I looked and it has been filed...

What is PPM ?

Also, docket date is listed as today. Does that mean it will be addressed today, or only that it was officially filed today?

TIA!

I agree that diagnoses shouldn't be hidden in pursuit of the DP. But that's not what happened in this case. Unlike the case you link to, the murderer's psychological history was thoroughly investigated and analyzed. The State shared all of its findings with the defense. Nothing was withheld. JM didn't decide unilaterally against introducing a 2nd diagnosis- both the Court and the defense team participated in that decision.

If I remember correctly, the murderer fought against any suggestion that she was mentally ill in any way. The defense agreed to Borderline for the first time during the sentencing phase, in order to use it as a mitigating factor, as IMO, was their duty.

Everyone did their job and did it well, IMO. And I don't think she has multiple personalities, an extremely rare condition. What I saw on the stand was one soulless person, full of hatred and rage, bringing on her own demise.

Not sure it was ever entered into the court record. Somehow a reporter was able to get a copy before it was filed. Seems as if she is using the reporter to vent and nothing else. jmo

It now is reflected on the docket, entered today 10/28 as of 10/25.

As LambChop noted, this motion sure had a strange way of getting into the hands of a reporter before it was filed.

I don't know janx, lol. Maybe someone can direct AZL over here...

ETA - PPM = Pro Per Motion (she filed it herself, no lawyer)

Noooo Bette....the name of the personality disorder is not what you think and you can research where the origin of the name came from (or read my post above).
Borderline Personality Disorder is a real diagnosis per the Diagnostic Statistical Manual. It has it's own code used for insurance reimbursement purposes. Current treatment protocols now lean towards Dialectical Therapy.

I know that there is a DSM definition of Borderline Personality Disorder, but when my sister was diagnosed with BPD in the mid-1970s, there was no DSM recognition of the disorder. Piecing together what family members were told by various psychiatrists, psychologists, and social workers, my layman's definition is actually correct in that Borderlines are on the cusp of more serious mental illness but are generally able to function in society despite their personality issues.

Most Borderlines also have some of the characteristics of other known personality disorders, i.e. histrionic, narcissistic, anti-social, etc. but do not necessarily meet all the criteria of those specific disorders. Mental health professionals with whom we dealt in the early years of my sister's psychiatric/psychological problems were uncertain exactly what to term her personality disorder and often disagreed with one another about the causes and/or treatment.

The DSM is a tool by which mental health professionals can render a specific and universally accepted diagnosis for a host of psychiatric, psychological, and/or behavior problems, but living with a family member who has such a disorder provides an education all its own. As the oldest sibling, I was able to enlighten my sister's caregivers about certain aspects of her childhood that might have been early clues to the onset of Borderline Personality Disorder. Reading about the characteristics or definition of BPD in the DSM is one thing, but I feel that my firsthand experience with someone with the behavioral illness is worth sharing. :moo:

I don't think she was ever evaluated by a psychiatrist so what the psychologist testified to in court are their opinions only based on their experience and evaluating her through interviews and testing. If it was get DP off the table she would have been evaluated by a psychiatrist for sure. For some reason the defense team did not want that done. jmo

The appeals court may decide it should have been done, to rule in or out a diagnosis that would conflict with DP being sought, esp. after the opinions of the psychologists (and really if the next jury gives her the DP). In any case I think the defense all along had mistrial or appeal as their main strategies, they filed every mistrial motion under the sun and got nothing, appeal is their only hope left, thin as it is.

Just moo

he appears to still be a criminal scam artist. I thought those with felonies couldn't talk to others with felonies in prison.

can someone answer this for me? im not sure if it is different in Cali and Az...but I just don't understand how this felony convicted and continued scam artist can make any contact with JA ?

unless he is making it up for more attention that he cannot live without.

i have looked deep into this dude and he is one scary sociopath. it bothers me how many people like him and Jodi are out there living amongst us and developing followers. i can see how him and Jodi would be BFFs....

can someone answer this for me? im not sure if it is different in Cali and Az...but I just don't understand how this felony convicted and continued scam artist can make any contact with JA ?

unless he is making it up for more attention that he cannot live without.

i have looked deep into this dude and he is one scary sociopath. it bothers me how many people like him and Jodi are out there living amongst us and developing followers. i can see how him and Jodi would be BFFs....

I don't know with certainty, but I think that this may be falling through the cracks right now because while she has been found guilty, technically she won't be considered convicted until she is sentenced.

As a defendant, not a convict, she still enjoys certain privileges and there are no procedures in place at the jail to prevent her from making phone calls to a convict. At Perryville, her phone list will have to be reviewed and approved, so a convict would not make it onto her list.

The contact between CMJA and Donavan Bering was stopped because Bering is still on parole and contact would have been a parole violation.

This is my understanding of things. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Well, now I know some of the mental **** she put Travis through for months.

LOL! Just saw this news bulletin, came straight here to read all about it. If I were Nurmi, I'd carry that letter around as a badge of pride. I think the DSM should add "bonkers" as a classification, with a picture of Jodi under "details," with the description 'stark raving.'

*The comment about how devastating it was to her that the whole tape be played in open court for the world to hear was...interesting. We know the real reason she was crying, perhaps Jodi isn't aware of that. We already know what really happened was that the defense wanted to play a redacted version of the tape for the jury (it was later played) that ommitted much of Jodi's part and highlighted Travis'. The judge said nuh-uh. The real reason she was so distraught and crying had nothing to do with playing this tape for the world and destroying Travis' good name because of the pedophilia (like how she had to get the word in there again, and she had no problem discussing the pedophilia in her testimony and saying he wanted to bang a 12 year old. Funny that), but with the fact that in playing the full tape it would reveal just what a willing, eager and imaginative participant she was in the tape and the sexual fantasies they shared. It also put all of Travis' comments in context so they didn't sound near as slimy. That is why she was crying. Nurmi fought for her on that one. That is effective assistance of counsel, if you ask me.

*Trashes Nurmi for not impeaching Deanna, Dr. Horn, and Det. Flores. Well, on the contrary Jodi. Ms. Willmott (who she praises in the letter, probably because she's an butt-kiss) made several laughable but impassioned attempts to impeach both Dr. Horn and Det. Flores. It was valiant but it failed because they revealed themselves to be reliable. They didn't impeach Deanna because there was nothing to impeach. She says Deanna has said previously she didn't sleep with Travis then changed her story on the stand when it benefited her. I will bet dollars to donuts Deanna never said that under oath to either attorney and Jodi is basically pulling a Travis type of deal where she misrepresented her sexual status by ommission. That line of questioning would never have been allowed. And her intense hatred and jealousy of Deanna rears its head. She was probably floored and incredibly angry to hear that Travis had been with someone other than her, and that it was her nemesis. She probably thought, all things considered, she had that one on her.

* Complains about the 9 days out of 10 comment Nurmi made in his closings but fails to mention that she openly laughed at the comment as if she found it very funny. Now it's something that hurt her feelings and she felt it was a strategical error. She also fails to mention defense attorneys do this all the time as a way of getting the jury to separate emotion from their decision (particularly if they know their client is unlikable). It was actually a good strategy. But poor Jodi, right?

*The whole reason she was convicted was because Nurmi seemed to not like her in court and would turn his chair from her. That is just amazing logic.

*Blames Nurmi for a lack of communication but then says he twice tried to visit her in prison and she refused him. Interesting.

*Blames Nurmi for having her books confiscated but takes no responsibility for the fact that she was trying to use them to get messages out to her friends. She says they were innocent messages. Then why is she making such a stink about it? Because she wanted him to help her get important messages out to potential witnesses and he wouldn't. That's why. How dare he, judge. This is probably just the tip of the iceberg of what Nurmi has had to deal with over the years.

* Says that whenever she tried to ask him things he would just answer, "I can't explain years of law school to you." I bet the exchanges were a little more complex than that. Nurmi probably had to explain to her several times why he couldn't call Matt McCartney or why he couldn't present the pedophile letters, among other things, I'm sure, before he finally just said, "Jodi, I'm the lawyer! Just trust me on this!"

Jodi probably would have been better advised to not write this lengthy letter at all. An appeal court will be able to compare this self serving, poor me letter with trial transcripts and come to the conclusion that it is just classic Jodi playing her victim, truth twisting games. Denied. It is classic Jodi. The relationship has soured, he didn't win her case and she blames it all on him. She takes no responsibility for anything, not that she performed poorly in court, not that she killed anyone, not that she probably had a heavy hand in causing a rift between her and the man that was trying to help her. He is now her scapegoat. I have no doubt that Nurmi is not a great lawyer, but to be fair, he also did not have much to work with. I also have no doubt that he tried, to the best of his abilities, to give her the best defense he could. And I have now doubt she continually undermined those efforts thinking she knew better. He filed motion after motion after motion. He fought for her. He did that. And he probably knew it would be a completely thankless endeavor. Jodi probably tried to steer the boat from day one. She now has it in her little head that the reason he didn't put on dubious evidence was because he didn't like her and didn't try. He half assed it. He wouldn't play the game. What's a girl to do?

Jodi, Jodi, Jodi.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back