Ariel Castro: Convicted Cleveland kidnapper/rapist found dead in cell

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was awoken by this news when my iPhone news app started to ring. I went back to sleep angry and disgusted with him.

Then I read the comments here and I agree with some of them. He's a coward. He was gonna get locked up for way longer than those poor girls were and he couldn't cope with that. Just shows who really was the weak one in the end.

The girls might be able to move on easier. Like another user said, they won't need to worry about a random letter coming through the post, a request for a visitation order or even a random phonecall. They can move on without any stress of him being around.

I do feel sorry for his family. It's bad an enough that they have to go through the grief of knowing how much of a monster he is but this may upset them more and it's a lot to sink in as well.

When you put it that way, it makes me wonder why he negotiated a plea deal to take the death penalty off the table, all that money wasted on lawyers when he could have plead guilty to everything and possibly ended up the same way.

Even if he plead guilty and asked for a death penalty, it would have been years and years before it were carried out (if ever).
Also, my understanding is, if he wanted death penalty, he couldn't simply plead guilty-case would have to go to trial and jury would have to impose death penalty.

I am glad he is gone but angry that he took the coward way out. After keeping those girls hostage for 10 years he couldn't handle one month into his sentence!

Hopefully thosw beautiful girls can now have a little more closure now they know that this monster is gone of this earth for good.

He'll be meeting his maker right about now and I hope he feels eternal pain! Nothing short of what he deserves

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

When you put it that way, it makes me wonder why he negotiated a plea deal to take the death penalty off the table, all that money wasted on lawyers when he could have plead guilty to everything and possibly ended up the same way.

He couldn't do that because it would mean giving up that much more control. He wanted to control when he lived and when he died.

It will be saving tax payers paying for his jail time :) Hope the girls have some peace from this.

I can't help but compare his last statement and the last month with what he did with the girls.

In his last statement he made a big deal about the fact that girls went with him voluntarily. And that they consented.

Well he consented. He pleaded guilty knowing he was going to prison. He got exactly what he asked for. He was held in prison without being able to leave. And he couldn't handle it!

He didn't suffer continual restraints. He didn't suffer torture. He didn't suffer starvation. He didn't suffer rape. And he couldn't handle it!

I hope this brings home to the girls just how strong they are. I know at times they probably didn't feel strong. But their monster, the person they thought was stronger than them couldn't handle near as much as what they suffered. They lived through it, he didn't. In the long run, they are much stronger than he is.

Glad to hear the devil has gone to hell right where he belongs. Coward. One less evil here on earth.

May his victims rejoice.

Just read now on Twitter he was found dead. The girls suffered for a decade. He lasted how long being confined without comfort?
Was he murdered?

My thoughts are with the SURVIVORS. You are all strong and I hope you feel the love from your community and the people from all over the world. Sending love and strength from Australia.

I'm annoyed that he won't have to suffer, he took the easy way out imo. But at the same time I think good riddance!

Why was he not in secure confinement? High profile persons in Australia are kept secure.

I'm annoyed that he won't have to suffer, he took the easy way out imo. But at the same time I think good riddance!

He was suffering Saralou but I wish he could have been in court pleading guilty to the charges. A guilty plea is the least he could have given to the women and a child. The ultimate power is being the victim. Poor him. The next news article is from a charity for victims of crime and how the young ladies have benefited.

I have so many thoughts about this. He held those girls captive and tortured them for over 10 years, but he couldn't handle less than 4 months in prison?

Michelle, Gina and Amanda are stronger than they will ever know.

This is a profound post. I'm glad they are free.

As for the monster, I guess he must not believe in hell. Or at least he doesn't believe he'll go there. Because I echo what many have said, and what first popped in my ind when I read the news: Coward. Impotent, mealy, weak-minded coward.

God bless the strong women who survived him and who he could never overcome. They did it. They are free.

As for the monster, I guess he must not believe in hell. Or at least he doesn't believe he'll go there. Because I echo what many have said, and what first popped in my ind when I read the news: Coward. Impotent, mealy, weak-minded coward.

God bless the strong women who survived him and who he could never overcome. They did it. They are free.

How did he get any chance to have the resources available to kill himself? Dead is making him to be a victim. I want him to say guilty as charged.

Wow. Not surprised. I'm never one to celebrate any person's death, or wish death on anyone, but I won't be shedding any tears.

It is a sort of ultimate "eff you" to the world, isn't it? Whatever dude, we all still know what you did, and that's what you'll be remembered for. No one thinks you're brave or in control for killing yourself. We all still know what you really are.

Because it is likely harder to kill yourself on death row.

From the sounds of it he oscillated between manic and depressive phases, so it was probably just a question of time until he killed himself. He sounds like one of those people who hate what they are doing but can't stop themselves. Those people allways end badly, especially once they are exposed for what they are.

I think people have a very simplistic attitude about the motives of folk like this guy, but usually their psychology is much more complex than that.

How did he get any chance to have the resources available to kill himself? Dead is making him to be a victim. I want him to say guilty as charged.

He did say "guilty as charged."

He pleaded guilty to 937 counts of kidnapping, rape, and aggravated murder. He was sentenced on August 1st to life without parole plus 1000 years.

He barely lasted one month into his sentence.

I can't cope that he couldn't hack 6 months of captivity when he knew no one was going to rape, torture or murder him, and yet could dish out a decade of it to three other people.

I echo this too. Michelle, Amanda and Gina are going to go down in history as 3 incredibly strong, inspiring woman. AC is going to go down as a joke, a pathetic coward who after what he put those women through? He didn't last 5 minutes in confinement. What a sad sack.

My thoughts are with the Michelle, Amanda, Gina and family.

I can't cope that he couldn't hack 6 months of captivity when he knew no one was going to rape, torture or murder him, and yet could dish out a decade of it to three other people.

He could not hack anything. But apparently he COULD hack punching a pregnant lady in the torso while starving her. Can you hear her silent cries?

Gosh darn, someone else knew something. Does his death get everyone else off the hook?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back