Armchair Psych discussion of Jodi Arias

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a link from an Arizona newspaper that further discusses the emails between the Hugheses and TA. The emails were discussed in a previous hearing.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...r-celebrity-becomes-issue.html?nclick_check=1

For fear of having to "duck and cover" I just left the link rather than describe the content of the emails.

LOL. I'm not worried.

"Willmott guided LaViolette toward an e-mail string among Alexander and his California friends Chris and Sky Hughes. The e-mails were not actually shown to the jury. Upon instruction from Judge Sherry Stephens, LaViolette was not allowed to read them, but only to characterize their content, and she did so with great difficulty given Martinez’s repeated rapid-fire objections.

The memo line, LaViolette said, was, “You crossed the Line.” Written Jan. 29, 2007, the e-mails expressed Alexander’s anger that the Hugheses had talked to Arias to discourage her from pursuing Alexander because he was abusive to women. He called her a “*advertiser censored*,” only saw her secretly and tended to treat her coldly in public, according to LaViolette.

What was not mentioned in court Thursday was the history of the e-mails. A defense filing from January 2011 details the efforts of Arias’ attorneys to obtain them. Initially the prosecution told the defense attorneys that there were no available text messages sent or received by Alexander and then was ordered to turn over several hundred.

Furthermore, according to the filing, the case agent, Mesa Police Detective Esteban Flores, told the defense attorneys that there was nothing “out of the ordinary” among Alexander’s e-mails; about 8,000 were turned over to the defense in June 2010, including the Hughes e-mails.

The 2011 filing details the e-mail contents, including “A response from Mr. Hughes ... wherein he asserts that he believes Jodi would be his (Travis’) next victim and that Jodi was just another girl that he (Travis) was playing.” Alexander allegedly replied by saying “I am a bit of a sociopath.”

Other e-mails from Sky Hughes, the filing says, say that Alexander considered Arias to be a “booty call.”

How much of the e-mails makes it into testimony remains to be seen. Chris and Sky Hughes have already testified for the prosecution regarding an earlier allegation of misconduct by Martinez, but the topic of the e-mails was not discussed. They could be called back."

The fact that a doctor sexually violates a patient is reprehensible. Also, the fact that you were there with issues relating to sex makes my blood boil. The power balance was so in his favor that he preyed on those struggling emotionally physically. Your ability to trust a professional again must be a so difficult. Your experience with him is most likely the nightmare of others seeking help from this $&&.
I would hope everyone able to express their opinions freely on this thread. Just because it is different from the majority does not make it unworthy of discussion.

never seen such a cold calculating controlling lying psycopathic murderous cow in all my life.....so glad her defence is so poor.......and why cant she answer any question with a yes or no.......watched five days of her trial and couldnt standit anymore trying to upstage the prosecuting lawyer and trying to be clever.....im against capital punishment most of the time....i wouldnt lose any sleep if she got the injection..rip travis

sorry if this is in wrongthread,theres so many of them i justhad to say that

I agree.

There is no evidence supporting the claim that Travis had any pedophilia tendencies or behavior. So it is highly likely that this is more of Jodi's character assassination attempts. Nor would it excuse premeditated murder even if founded in empirical evidence.

That said, as he was leading a double life there is nothing wrong with examining the claim.

I don't think Travis has the features indicated in this profile: I think he was far too gregarious, assertive, congenial, etc. Just what I have been able to glean thus far.

http://www.abusewatch.net/pedophiles.pdf

One name to debunk the usual though is Jerry Sandusky.

What about the outgoing and friendly uncles of many victims?
I've always been under the impression that pedophiles are the toughest con artists to spot in that they're skilled in deceiving others.

never seen such a cold calculating controlling lying psycopathic murderous cow in all my life.....so glad her defence is so poor.......and why cant she answer any question with a yes or no.......watched five days of her trial and couldnt standit anymore trying to upstage the prosecuting lawyer and trying to be clever.....im against capital punishment most of the time....i wouldnt lose any sleep if she got the injection..rip travis

sorry if this is in wrongthread,theres so many of them i justhad to say that

Her behavior on the stand with the verbal sparing with JM was one of the reasons I did not see her as domestic abuse survivor. However, it can be argued that she was verbally abused via email.

BBM - yes good point. I bet this is the case. What I remember hearing was that the Hughes told Travis not to bring Jodi to their home anymore - they did not like her or want her around their children.

Really? AL said she interviewed them and I'm almost positive she said that they liked JA. What the heck.

Here's where I begin to fear greater outside pressure, as in fear of speaking freely, being applied to witnesses. Paranoid much?

Or that Travis was standing up for himself and had enough. Face it- if the victim were a woman and the killer a male no one would be even asking about the killer abusing a victim. Imagine if Travis were your brother or friend or loved one, how would you feel? That's what gets me, a woman stalks a man and slaughters him and here we are debating whether or not he's an abusive pedofile or a potential rapist. Jodi Arias is deadly and if you don't believe me look at the crime scene photos. She did that. Want to know what she did after? Hooked up with another guy and sent Travis's grandma flowers. Travis is the victim not Jodi.

There are levels of domestic abuse. How do we determine what is an exeptable response to the experience of the victim. Harsh words are said during times of anger that could be classified as verbal abuse. This is common (IMO) in relationships. When does it become forgivable to kill an abuser?

Her behavior on the stand with the verbal sparing with JM was one of the reasons I did not see her as domestic abuse survivor. However, it can be argued that she was verbally abused via email.

Hundreds and thousands of ushavebeenverbally abused..we dont go round stabbing anyone 29 times and slashing their throat
Alledgedly inself defense as well....guilty as sin in my book...she gets away with it others will too, enough of the possibly, i dontknow, dont remember, i guess it could be true, stretching the boundaries of logic reasoning and reality this creature is,its evil...catchyou later

One name to debunk the usual though is Jerry Sandusky.

What about the outgoing and friendly uncles of many victims?
I've always been under the impression that pedophiles are the toughest con artists to spot in that they're skilled in deceiving others.
Yes, I guess that is quite true.....:what:

Hundreds and thousands of ushavebeenverbally abused..we dont go round stabbing anyone 29 times and slashing their throat
Alledgedly inself defense as well....guilty as sin in my book...she gets away with it others will too, enough of the possibly, i dontknow, dont remember, i guess it could be true, stretching the boundaries of logic reasoning and reality this creature is,its evil

AND on the other side of the coin, I don't believe there is a human who has never been verbally abusive.

Who's gonna tell me they haven't done and said nasty cruel things to their SO and/or children?

Sorry to interject this side note, but it's taken me quite awhile to catch up with this case, coming to it late as I did....

I am just now seeing (on YouTube) the testimony of Lisa (Andrews) Daidone. I was not aware that TA was pushing for marriage with her as she says.

I also notice JA really staring at the witness, with an intensity which makes me feel that she feels she's looking at her nemesis. They are polar opposites.

I think Jodi talked her way out a job with Travis: Her sexual ploy backfired and made her seem unsuitable: This becomes very clear watching this testimony.

I wonder what would have occured had Lisa said "yes", and married Travis in 2007? What would Jodi have done?

I also wonder, seeing as Travis was 30 and had access to the 18 year old Lisa, if he didn't view Jodi as too old for him, among other things?

AND on the other side of the coin, I don't believe there is a human who has never been verbally abusive.

Who's gonna tell me they haven't done and said nasty cruel things to their SO and/or children?
I think even if you could prove (which you cannot) that TA said horrific things, it would still come down to, was she or was she not in physical danger on June 4? I think not: the crime bespeaks ambush and overkill. Had she really been in danger, 911 and neighbors would be the exit.

I think she was mentally over the edge: Perhaps the fault of the relationship with him, but again, violence of that kind is not the answer. Does one deal with a boss or family member this way, even if one feels oneself to be abused?

Too bad she didn't realize that the sex was causing her to be "unemployable" as TA's Mormon bride....Look at the power Lisa had!

Or that Travis was standing up for himself and had enough. Face it- if the victim were a woman and the killer a male no one would be even asking about the killer abusing a victim. Imagine if Travis were your brother or friend or loved one, how would you feel? That's what gets me, a woman stalks a man and slaughters him and here we are debating whether or not he's an abusive pedofile or a potential rapist. Jodi Arias is deadly and if you don't believe me look at the crime scene photos. She did that. Want to know what she did after? Hooked up with another guy and sent Travis's grandma flowers. Travis is the victim not Jodi.

Trust me I am with I can not imagine how his loved ones feel. Jodi slaughtered this man and her behavior prior to killing was warped. He has been called the worst thing a human can be called pedophile. The fact that she calls him a pedophile to save her life clearly speaks to her character. But, I think we should look at others ideas or views. It won't change my opinion but it is discussion of human behavior. That is the nature of this thread but it is hard read comments that paint Travis as fallible or deserving of this fate.

I think even if you could prove (which you cannot) that TA said horrific things, it would still come down to, was she or was she not in physical danger on June 4? I think not: the crime bespeaks ambush and overkill. Had she really been in danger, 911 and neighbors would be the exit.

I think she was mentally over the edge: Perhaps the fault of the relationship with him, but again, violence of that kind is not the answer. Does one deal with a boss or family member this way, even if one feels oneself to be abused?

Too bad she didn't realize that the sex was causing her to be "unemployable" as TA's Mormon bride....Look at the power Lisa had!

I think a big part of what made her snap was the financial failure/trouble with the foreclosure of that house.

Trust me I am with I can not imagine how his loved ones feel. Jodi slaughtered this man and her behavior prior to killing was warped. He has been called the worst thing a human can be called pedophile. The fact that she calls him a pedophile to save her life clearly speaks to her character. But, I think we should look at others ideas or views. It won't change my opinion but it is discussion of human behavior. That is the nature of this thread but it is hard read comments that paint Travis as fallible or deserving of this fate.
Agree with you. I believe the pedophilia is probably just a ploy of character assassination of the part of the defendant - But I also agree that woebegone has a right to expect open discussion and debate.

I think a big part of what made her snap was the financial failure/trouble with the foreclosure of that house.
The house was foreclosed????:what: Please help me catch up: What the heck are you talking about ?

There are levels of domestic abuse. How do we determine what is an exeptable response to the experience of the victim. Harsh words are said during times of anger that could be classified as verbal abuse. This is common (IMO) in relationships. When does it become forgivable to kill an abuser?

IMO--When it is not premediated or when you do not have other options as JA did. She moved far away, and then kept coming back, why? If he was sooo abusive why keep running back for more? She is a murderer to me, it really is that simple.

The house was foreclosed????:what: Please help me catch up: What the heck are you talking about ?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/29/jodi-arias-trial-*advertiser censored*-sex_n_2577348.html

ETA: I highly recommend watching Brewer's testimony; it's arguably the most compelling testimony in the trial. High drama fer-sher.

This is about the home she shared with David? In calafornia. She stopped paying bills after meeting Travis. Up to that point she had meet the financial obligation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member