Armchair Psych Profile and JH's Background

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have got to be kidding. The school is responsible because he failed a test? What in the world does it mean he isn't supposed to fail a test? There are no guarantees that a student isn't going to fail a test.

Like what i said, we dont have complete facts... did you read everything what i said? For me that is a theory.

With all people saying how good he is academically, why would he fail a first year test? Maybe he failed and maybe he deserved it. I dont know but IF... you know there is a word IF in there on my statement :)

and i will edit this just to add that i think you are over reacting. IMO

He failed because he was buying guns and ordering supplies. He decided he didn't care long before that test, IMO.

It's a battle of mind experts whether he is insane or not
This is going to be hard to try but if they go to the jury, emotions will win :) IMO

Curious Me asks, "Whose emotions? Which emotions?

"Universally, mass shooters [are] all about revenge," said Brad Garrett, a former FBI special agent and an ABC News analyst. "He wanted to pay society back for what he believed society had done to him. And I think the notebook will talk about that."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/james-holm...eater-shooting/story?id=16866594#.UBILVqDwGSo

i think the notebook will outline some 'scientific' explanation
for a rift between reality and fiction that rationalized JH's
actions in his delusional mindset.
i do think he has a delusional disorder, which should not
impede justice for his actions, but explains how this person
could seem to flip like a switch. delusional people will go
great lengths to maintain their beliefs.

IF foxnews is right that the mail /package JH sent to a psychiatrist is sitting on the mail room for a week before the crime... i will possibly hear Lawsuits :)

IF JH failed in that Oral Exam that cause his depression and mental illnesses and he isnt really supposed to fail.... Yaiks, i hear a bigger Lawsuits.
Doubtful on the latter bc he had begun stock piling well before the exam. As for the former. If that package, did, indeed, sit in the mailroom for a week? I'm not sure they would really have a case. After all, mail room mixups happen. Unfortunately.

The big *however*.

Since we seem to be getting conflicting stories from the University, esp this bit ( link ):

About 11 hours after the attack, Barry Shur, dean of the graduate school at the university, sent an email to faculty, students and staff saying: "If anyone is contacted by the media, PLEASE refer them" to a school spokeswoman. Shur's email was released in response to an open records request from the AP.

Earlier this week, Shur denied trying to prohibit those who knew Holmes from talking.

"We told them they are fully free to interact with the media," he said at a press conference Monday.
I admittedly question the university's latest claims. Esp considering they're so mixed ( link ):

The University of Colorado Denver issued a statement Wednesday evening confirming that a suspicious package was found, but called the July 12 timeline "inaccurate." The university said it was delivered Monday and found on the same day.

When told of the university's statement, a source said the package may have been postmarked on July 12, but arrived before the massacre.
This behavior, together, leaves me wondering... did the prof receive the notebook? Not take it seriously (i.e., blow it off), and then the massacre occurs, so now they're trying to cover it up? If so, I certainly could see possible lawsuits... though, I'm still not sure how valid they would be.

Everybody reported that the package was not opened and still in mailroom. No professor received it.

That is a neat notion - an angle I never thought about BOTH MI/EVIL!

So many people toss the word "evil" around so much, what exactly does it mean, there is no scientific basis for this thing called evil and I dont even know what it means or how it is helpful to a conversation such as this. Are you trying to suggest he is possessed by some sort of devil or something because I really dont know what evil means and there is no science behind it at all, as a woman of science I cant wrap my head around these strange fairy tale like terms and labels.

Doubtful on the latter bc he had begun stock piling well before the exam. As for the former. If that package, did, indeed, sit in the mailroom for a week? I'm not sure they would really have a case. After all, mail room mixups happen. Unfortunately.

The big *however*.

Since we seem to be getting conflicting stories from the University, esp this bit ( link ):

About 11 hours after the attack, Barry Shur, dean of the graduate school at the university, sent an email to faculty, students and staff saying: "If anyone is contacted by the media, PLEASE refer them" to a school spokeswoman. Shur's email was released in response to an open records request from the AP.

Earlier this week, Shur denied trying to prohibit those who knew Holmes from talking.

"We told them they are fully free to interact with the media," he said at a press conference Monday.
I admittedly question the university's latest claims. Esp considering they're so mixed ( link ):

The University of Colorado Denver issued a statement Wednesday evening confirming that a suspicious package was found, but called the July 12 timeline "inaccurate." The university said it was delivered Monday and found on the same day.

When told of the university's statement, a source said the package may have been postmarked on July 12, but arrived before the massacre.
This behavior, together, leaves me wondering... did the prof receive the notebook? Not take it seriously (i.e., blow it off), and then the massacre occurs, so now they're trying to cover it up? If so, I certainly could see possible lawsuits... though, I'm still not sure how valid they would be.

Thank you for your post.
I admire your way of posting :)

On the date he started buying a Glock Pistol Gun which is May 22, the next date on the school calendar is May 23 which is the deadline of grades. I am still doubting about the date of June 7 oral exam. They started their summer semester on June 4 already so all the grades before June 4 should be posted and this link bug me too
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443295404577543400613112424.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

When classes ended in May, the students were required to pass a first-year test referred to as the "prelims." The school said students had to stand before three professors and answer questions.

Shortly after the tests were done, the classmate said, a neuroscience administrator took the group for drinks to tell them Mr. Holmes had dropped out. The administrator said she received a short resignation email from Mr. Holmes that didn't explain why

Again, oral exam is not a regular test. It wouldn't have been graded. It's either pass or don't pass.
And it doesn't have to fit into regular exam schedule.

This is from 2009 and has absolutely NOT correlation to modern (2012) events.

Pure science changes from day to day.

Can you find ANYTHING that relates DIRECTLY to this event?
Yeh, he made a big presentation on them!

Again, oral exam is not a regular test. It wouldn't have been graded. It's either pass or don't pass.
And it doesn't have to fit into regular exam schedule.

How come many news outlet are claiming this is a "key oral exam" ?

Accused movie theater gunman James Holmes purchased a high-powered rifle hours after failing a key oral exam at the University of Colorado, ABC News has learned.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/james-holm...xam-university/story?id=16850268#.UBIhnbT2aRk

As opposed to what? There is only one preliminary exam which includes oral exam.

You were saying that this oral exam is just a regular exam but many news outlet is claiming this is a key exam.

Key exam to continue the program? or not? and how do you know it is or isnt ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member