Armchair psych profile and personal background

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is subtle but the pauses are there especially in the interview at the news station about KH...

Not at all like the naked news interview except that was heavily edited so we didn't see him when the screen was blacked out when the interviewer would ask the questions so we don't know how long it really was before he responded. Regardless IMO, there is a noticeable difference in his speech pattern & mannerisms between those two when he does speak.

I'd say the cover guy & plastic surgery interviews were in between. He wasn't as animated in the cover guy but not as fast to respond in the plastic surgery.

Make sense? It is late and I'm beat so I have no idea if I'm explaining it correctly.

The difference in speech patterns could also be explained with bi-polar disorder. Speech and even thinking patterns is so different when manic compared to depressed. When on meds, compared to when off of them.

He seems to be uncomfortable and awkward when trying to smile. It's especially apparent (to me) in photographs. Totally unnatural. I don't think he knows what genuine happiness is. He is able to simulate it, on cue.
When you smile you have wrinkles, creases, etc. When I am not smiling, you'd be hard pressed to find a single wrinkle on my face. Since my entire face smiles when I smile or laugh I look like a friggin Shar Pei. When I am on a date or something I am very conscientious of this fact, and limit my facial expressions. It's likely the same thing going through his head.

I cannot find a 'new news' forum here yet. And I certainly do NOT want to look at a thread with all of his videos, ramblings, nonsense, etc.

IF the Mods OK it, I'll give you the link. But right now, I'm so confused by this site (no offense Mods!!) I have no idea where to post what.

:banghead:

The videos and news are in separate threads. The news thread link is here: Luka Rocco Magnotta: Latest Media Updates *NO DISCUSSION* LIST ONLY - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Communityhttp://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174523

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

RE: Rejection

There seems to be some possible concrete evidence that LM was rejected by family members. Other reports suggest that his oddness could be creepy and that in and of itself could get others to avoid/shun him.

Clearly LM tried to cultivate a bigger than life image of himself online...successful/famous/sought after. This seems to be the complete reverse of reality. He had filed for bankrupcy, lived in a near poverty-like studio apt. Moreover, he was a prostitute and *advertiser censored* actor. Career choices that would not elicit respect from others. He posted videos of killing kittens. He intentionally put his name out there with Holmolka's and with the phrase "serial killer". I doubt these garnered him "acceptance", even if it got him negative attention. Perhaps the *advertiser censored*/prostitution didn't get him the notariety he craved, and with the added damage his career caused him...he accrued additonal rage/inner turmoil, and further compromised abilities to empathize....and this perhaps opened the door for LM to go to a more depraved plan of achieving his means. Basically LM seemed to thirst for bohemoth amounts of attention but apparently had his own inner demons of self-loathing, lack of respect for himself or others, and a disregard for societal norms. He often wrote that people should not care what others think about them, yet he was so externally based on his voracious need for attention...it appears to contradict his own assertion. Narcissism is replete with smoke and mirrors. Like a maze much of what is seen does not lead to truth. It no doubt creates part of the challenge of psychologizing LM because his lies create many rabbit holes that would/could take someone off the path of understanding the real Eric more clearly/objectively.
Think about the goth kid you knew at school (who was probably a very sweet and sensetive person on the inside) who constantly went to great lengths to shock and offend in order to further isolate themselves from others. This is a defense mechanism against real and perceived rejection in life. It's the exact opposite behavior that you'd expect from someone who feels rejected, to fit in less rather than more, but that's what people do, even people w/out a serious mental disorder.

I cannot find a 'new news' forum here yet. And I certainly do NOT want to look at a thread with all of his videos, ramblings, nonsense, etc.

IF the Mods OK it, I'll give you the link. But right now, I'm so confused by this site (no offense Mods!!) I have no idea where to post what.

:banghead:

I don't think a new news thread will be started. A forum was created so different topics can be discussed. I know there was a thread started regarding today's hearing. If there is a specific topic you want discussed, then perhaps ask a mod if you can start a thread. Example: The Prosecution team. We have one for the defense but I haven't seen one for the pros.

HTH

here is my "armchair psych sleuth" opinion: I don't think he has any axis I diagnoses... I think he is all and out personality disordered.

I further think that he is a great actor (thus all the auditions for reality shows) and can be what anyone else wants him to be.

I furthermore don't think he has had a lot of plastic surgery... he looks almost the same to me as his earlier pictures... I think he "made it up" to get on the show imhoo... I think as long as he is the center of attention he will do whatever it takes to achieve that end. (fwiw I don't think he has body dysmorphic disorder either... and also don't believe the guy has EVER been overweight as he claimed in the plastic surgery audition video)

MOO

:twocents:

Absolutely agree. If he was going to kill himself, he'd already be dead. I'm sure he loves being monitored 24/7 because it gives his delusional mind a feeling of importance.

I read that narcissists do well in a structured environment--when someone else is in control. It is when there is no structure, that chaos ensues. They have a hard time dealing with everyday, "normal" life.
Fits in with the bits and blurbs that have been published online about his childhood.
Also, in one of his ramblings, he had mentioned he loved the idea of prison.
I'm sure the reality of being incarcerated doesn't match up to his fantasy of it.
Just a thought.

I need to ask something I've been wondering for a while.
Any chance Magnotta could have Asperger's Syndrome?
I'm just asking this because a lot of people who knew him or met him mentioned his oddness and it is a disorder where the person doesn't feel empathy for others.
Asperger syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Also why did he start killing small animals now as an adult? The normal or typical behaviour for psychopathic killers is start doing animal cruelty already in childhood as far as I've read, no? So I think this is just so strange, unless he used to do this when he was a kid and we do not know yet.
Sorry for so many questions! TIA :) see you guys later

You're welcome. I had the same quandary last night regarding a home for the latest news (I'm somewhat of a news junkie and from your comments gather you might be too :D ).

Hopefully it gets easier as we adopt and adapt to having a big boy thread :blushing:

I wonder why LM seemed to especially want Russians to see him as a sk?

http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/06/18/are-you-luka-magnottas-facebook-friend/

Then, under Personal Information — activities, interests, favorite music and so on —the same phrase appears over and over and over in Russian Cyrillic script:

“серийный убийца”

Over and over. Seven times in all: “серийный убийца.”

“Cерийный убийца” is Russian for “serial killer.”
I think he believes that Russians accept and like serial killers. I have known quite a few Russian and Ukranian guys and they were oddly desensitized to crime, violence and murder, and they all joked about being associated with organized crime/mafia. Perhaps he thought he'd gain a fanbase over there?

I'm just asking this because a lot of people who knew him or met him mentioned his oddness and it is a disorder where the person doesn't feel empathy for others.
Also why did he start killing small animals now as an adult? The normal or typical behaviour for psychopathic killers is start doing animal cruelty already in childhood as far as I've read, no? So I think this is just so strange, unless he used to do this when he was a kid and we do not know yet.

No, imo. Having no empathy is a trait in psychopathy.

I read that narcissists do well in a structured environment--when someone else is in control. It is when there is no structure, that chaos ensues. They have a hard time dealing with everyday, "normal" life.
Fits in with the bits and blurbs that have been published online about his childhood.
Also, in one of his ramblings, he had mentioned he loved the idea of prison.
I'm sure the reality of being incarcerated doesn't match up to his fantasy of it.
Just a thought.

Thanks pippirose for sharing this information and mention of his prison in his writings, I was unaware it so thank you for educating me with your great post.

I don't know much about Aspergers but I would guess that if he had it, he probably would not be socializing in bars in Paris where he could pick someone up so easily and have them take him home. He also looks like he's having normal eye contact in the interviews (he's not looking down or away). Who really knows though.

I don't think he has this (JMO)--but there are a couple of curious coincidences. His mother volunteers with the Autistic society (or works with autistic children). And, the drug risperidone is sometimes used for Asperger's.
Another thing--Asperger syndrome wasn't well-known back when LM was a kid. Any of his "odd" behaviours wouldn't have raised any flags.

I don't know much about Aspergers but I would guess that if he had it, he probably would not be socializing in bars in Paris where he could pick someone up so easily and have them take him home. He also looks like he's having normal eye contact in the interviews (he's not looking down or away). Who really knows though.

I know people with Aspergers. One of them is very sociable. I think it totally depends where you are on the scale, and also whether you have other overlapping conditions.

I actually disagree with this <MODSNIP>

I also wonder if his ties to these fetishes and the role which they played in his life grew exponentially in the last 18 months due to the fact that he was not rejected in these communities when he was rejected in the real world.

If anyone is willing to do this, I'd love your input: Re-read the emails he sent to the alleged NY lawyer and ask yourself "might this list be something a potential submissive/slave might send to a potential dominant/master outlining things he's previously done as a submissive/slave in past relationships.

I know you do, and I'm pretty sure I know why since I've found what I believe is the same information you have. I think mabye you may have seen some *live action* and base your conclusions on those observations? I guess I would have to see it for myself. Maybe it would change my mind. And I absolutely agree with you about what type of relationships he had and the things that likely went on in some of them. I'm just not sure of lm's motivation for participating. In other words, the type of gratification or positive reinforcement he got from participating in such. jmo

I know people with Aspergers. One of them is very sociable. I think it totally depends where you are on the scale, and also whether you have other overlapping conditions.

Well if he did WebMD says that...
Children with Asperger's syndrome are at risk for developing other conditions, such as depression, ADHD, schizophrenia, and obsessive-compulsive disorder. But, there are various treatment options available for these conditions.

Because the level of intelligence often is average or higher than average, many people with Asperger's syndrome are able to function very well. They may, however, continue to have problems socializing with others through adulthood.

Did your friend who was sociable get treatment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13