Armchair Psych Profile and Treatment

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Look at the payback clause :)

The NRSA Payback Service Center administers payback requirements for the Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Awards (NRSA).

The NRSA legislation requires Postdoctoral recipients of support to “pay back” the U.S. Government by engaging in health-related biomedical or behavioral research. This includes direct administration or review of health-related research, health-related teaching, or any combination of these activities. Postdoctoral trainees and fellows are required to begin engaging in acceptable payback activities within two years of their termination. Postdoctoral trainees and fellows who cannot engage in payback service can request to pay back their debt financially. Extensions of time to initiate payback service, as well as payback deferrals and waivers, are granted under certain situations and circumstances.

http://grants.nih.gov/training/payback.htm

so if he will drop/withdraw this then he has to pay back all the tuition fees NIH paid for him if he will not work......
Again, that is the completely wrong grant. He didn't have a NRSA postdoctoral award.
Postdoctoral means after PhD. He didn't yet have a PhD. He had a B.S.. If he graduated he would get a PhD.

Again, that is the completely wrong grant. He didn't have a NRSA.
Postdoctoral means after PhD. He didn't yet have a PhD. He had a B.S.. If he graduated he would get a PhD.

It is simple - link me to the right T32 grant
show me your link..

he has an T32 award which is an NRSA award.
Can you link me to the right grant?

No, T32 award is not the same as NRSA award that you linked to.
For one, he wouldn't even be eligible for NRSA postdoctoral award until he actually got his PHD. Which would happen upon graduation from a graduate program.

He said Holmes' high school transcripts showed Bs and no advanced-placement classes. He was accepted to the camp because he had done computer programming, Jacobson said. He was never Holmes' mentor, he said, but Holmes worked in his lab to write a computer code for an experiment Jacobson was working on. He told the newspaper Holmes never finished it.

"What he gave me was a complete mess," Jacobson says.
Holmes' résumé suggests he was trained in dissection of birds and mice, performing chemistry tests and attaching small gene tags to cells to target them for treatment.

"Recipe-book stuff, literally, that every biology student should learn," Eagleman says. As for the grant, Eagleman says, "Holmes is being depicted as some sort of brilliant researcher who won a rare grant, but there are thousands of research students in this country with such grants. Everyone has one. There is nothing elite about it."

Holmes had difficulty with a June 7 preliminary exam, given orally by three university faculty members. It is designed to evaluate students' knowledge at the end of the first year. Three days later, Holmes dropped out.

http://www.freep.com/article/201207...-Holmes-wasn-t-supersmart-neuroscientists-say

My understanding on that link --- grants/scholarship is of course there just like any other scholarship

JH has to apply for that scholarship, just like anyone else applying for scholarship then students compete and the best ones get it...

am i wrong?

The neuroscience program applied for this training grant and then distributed it to its students. His personal accomplishment was getting accepted into this program.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back