ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
June 14, 2012 9:46AM

Gerard Baden-Clay makes first appearance in court on Thursday but faces a three-year wait to face trial over the murder of his wife Alison Baden-Clay

GERARD Baden-Clay has appeared before a packed court to face a charge of murdering his wife Allison.
The 41-year-old was led into the dock at Brisbane's Magistrate's Court and stood with his back to the public gallery before being led out again in less than a minute.

Wearing the same pink checked business shirt and grey slacks that he had on when he was arrested last night - as opposed to the usual brown prison tracksuit - Baden-Clay was led back into court after the matter scheduled before his was completed.

He sat down facing the judge, his back to the gallery, and was remanded to appear on July 9.

The hearing lasted less than a minute.

Outside court, his lawyer Darren Mahony confirmed he would go to the Supreme Court today to apply for bail for his client.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lison-baden-clay/story-e6freon6-1226394951146

I think they should force him to wear a mustard coloured jumpsuit complete with shackles.

Alison Sandy tweet: His lawyer confirmed he is going to the Supreme Court to make application for bail.

From what I've just read in the various articles from today, it appears that a bail application can be made today, but it's unlikely to be heard until next week. Hawkins, Hawkins! Where art thou? We need more clarity on this :)

I hope he doesn't get bail!! :denied:

I also hope that in the next 4 weeks until July 9 he realises the gravity of the situation he has got himself and all those who loved and were loved by Allison into.

Those poor little girls. And the Dickies :tears:

He is very immature with his thinking, probably the best thing to do is plead guilty, get it over and done with, admit you did something unbelievably wrong and salvage what little relationship he will have with his daughters. If he cared at all about his children, this is what he would do. Only is worrying about himself. You can bet a pact was made between those who knew and they will never break their silence. IMO the old girl knew too. Now we know, that pash and that initial interview with GBC have new meaning. We were right all along Sleuthers.

The Townsville church (where OW husband is Pastor) is asking church to pray that the truth will be revealed in all this. Be careful what you pray for it might not be what they want to hear IMO.

He is very immature with his thinking, probably the best thing to do is plead guilty, get it over and done with, admit you did something unbelievably wrong and salvage what little relationship he will have with his daughters. If he cared at all about his children, this is what he would do. Only is worrying about himself. You can bet a pact was made between those who knew and they will never break their silence. IMO the old girl knew too. Now we know, that pash and that initial interview with GBC have knew meaning. We were right all along Sleuthers.

I can't see him admitting anything voluntarily. He seems too proud for that.
Multiple relationships, member of everything , ensuring he kept the Baden-Powel name linking to Scout founder. It's a shame he gave that one interview - he's a lousy actor (IMO), and that intervies really had us all on his tail.

:jail:

From what I've just read in the various articles from today, it appears that a bail application can be made today, but it's unlikely to be heard until next week. Hawkins, Hawkins! Where art thou? We need more clarity on this :)

Yes Hawkins, and if he is granted bail, is that just till the court hearing on th 9th, or till his trial in 3YEARS TIME !!!!!!

:jail:

Good morning everyone. Thanks to all keeping us updated with court appearance.
I have a question. When a person is arrested do the police tell them and their lawyers all the evidence they have against them. If the evidence is too damning maybe GBCs legal reps might advise pleading guilty.
Its bad enough to do what he (allegedly) did, but to try and get away with it is just so much worse.
After looking at the photos of GBC when he was being led away in handcuffs the look on his face reminded me of the look my son gets when he is caught doing something wrong and he is cranky about being reprimanded. My son is 10.

I was thinking maybe the relocation of Allison's body would justify this second charge, but from a quick look, this type of charge doesn't appear to include the disposal of a body. But it DOES include removal of body parts.

Actually, just read a bit more and it seems there could be justification for this charge in terms of the MANNER in which her body was handled after her death.

http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/__data...proper-interference-with-a-corpse-s-236-b.pdf

If her hhand was in fact missing ( Rumour at this stage?) I am wondering if it was right or left?

Was he trying to take her engagement ring or other valuable items?

Did he interfere with corpse a long time after killing her I wonder?

I am also wondering that perhaps he has paid someone else to murder her and then he went and disposed of the body - Perhaps making it appear as if she had jumped from the bridge?

It will be very interesting to find out the details - just can't fathom how a man can kill the woman he once loved and rid her from the children they created together?:waitasec:

The Townsville church (where OW husband is Pastor) is asking church to pray that the truth will be revealed in all this. Be careful what you pray for it might not be what they want to hear IMO.

What irony that their prayers be answered haha.

They should remember "be careful what you wish for because you might just get it".

Alison Sandy just tweeted that it is believed GBC's lawyer is trying to fast track the bail hearing in the supreme court today. Rules for one, rules for another? IMO.

It will be interesting to find out what their legal argument would be for seeking bail for their client?

Maybe that he is'a good upstanding citizen', or that he is the 'sole carer for his three young daughters', or that they will argue that 'on the basis of evidence provided to them to date an outcome of manslaughter is more likely than an outcome of murder'?

Also I did not think that bail could be granted for serious murder charges IMO.
If he were to be granted bail someone other than his family would have to give the surety, and given that most of his acquaintances appear to have massive mortgages this could be a difficulty.
All IMOO

He still has 375 friends on Facebook...lol. Are they not reading the news?

Sometimes these 'friends' are people you don't even know, for example scammers or people wanting to sell things, who try to 'friend' everyone on facebook.

:pullhair:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member