ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nine News Brisbane ‏@9NewsBrisbane

In his own words: @9NewsBrisbane tonight will play in full the only interview Gerard Baden-Clay has done. An Alyshia Gates exclusive 6pm.

This sounds interesting....

This is probably the one he did with Olivia when Allison was missing. I think there are parts of the interview that haven't been released yet.

Just in case anyone would like to know the daily routine at Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre, including the remand section where Baden-Clay will be housed:

7-8am - Headcount, Unit Unlock, Breakfast, (0700 – 09:30) Medication Rounds, Court Transfers to Reception Store
8-11:15am - Prisoners to activities: programs, personal and legal visits, lunch time meds
11:15-11:3oam - Muster
11:30-12:30pm - Prisoners locked in cells for lunch
12:30-3:45pm - Prisoners to activities: see morning activities
4pm - Muster and prisoner lock in – everyone in their cells for the night
4:30-5:30pm Prisoner Evening Meal
6pm - headcount and lockdown for the evening

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=387566287968752&id=366107296781318

:jail: Wacol High Security Mens Prison
Wacol-high-security-mens-prison-5959369.jpg

I wonder what his Real Estate blurb would be for this piece of Real Estate?

How would he put a spin on it?

Keentoknow's Sunflower Cross - a beautiful gesture.

Last night, when I heard the breaking news about GBC's imminent arrest, I was elated. Couldn't wait to feed the family and get onto my I-phone to check all the WS updates!

It was just now when I saw this picture of the cross, that an immense sadness came over me.....thinking of poor Allison and her treasured girls. So, so sad.

The cross and the sunflowers are beautiful. Thank you so much KeentoKnow, and CJ60 for posting the pic. The sunflower avatar's are also wonderful, and such a lovely tribute to Allison.

In my opinion, GBC will be saying absolutely nothing at this stage; as would have been the advice from his legal team.

The relevance of DNA testing will be interesting, considering there would obviously be a high concentration of GBC's DNA in the house/car and on Allison. It could also possibly be used to "identify" the presence/absence of unidentified DNA.

Just going back to the initial swift reaction from police, and wondering how much access they were given to the vehicles/house early on the Friday morning (before warrants were issued). I'm starting to wonder if it was GBC's reaction (assuming it was similar to that seen on the interview), along with comments from neighbours re arguing) that triggered initial suspicions that morning.

I'm also wondering if the blood eventually found in the car was a significant trace/amount, leading the police to the conclusion that she had met with foul play.

Also wondering if police are still missing the murder weapon.

I just realised that there is another reason to be careful about what is posted on here (and other forums generally) and that is that GBC could possibly apply to have the trial heard away from Brisbane if he can show that because of the publicity and speculation that he is unlikely to get a fair trial. If this turns out to be the case, this might place an extra burden on family and witnesses who may have to travel quite some distance to give evidence at, or watch, the trial.

This is in fact what has happened in the Scott Guy case being heard currently in New Zealand, and it happened in another high profile case a couple of years ago where an accused, Clayton Weatherston, stabbed his ex-girlfriend to death.

This is just a thought. I am wary of posting these kinds of things as it seems to me that some of the posters who come on here saying these kinds of things get unfairly attacked (called bush lawyers, for instance) when, for my part, it is simply about being cautious in what we say. For the record I am a bona fide lawyer, although not practising in Australia.
Thanks SHELDOR: Your contribution speaks wise words and we appreciate that. News of the arrest seemed to bring some posters from nowhere calling other posters 'bush lawyers' etc. We know that your caution in the interests of not jeopardizing the criminal proceedings.

That gets so annoying i have never heard anyone say ummm so many times lol :banghead:

Why so much criticism of her? She is not a TV presenter, she is a newspaper reporter and has now been faced with speaking to cameras. Not very nice comment about her IMO.

Like is is for a bunch of prisoners in a Texas town, where the sheriff has them sleeping in tents in the desert and digging holes all day - chain gang indeed! Crime in that town as decreased dramatically!

I watch that show, lockup... that Sheriff knows how to run a prison.

'cozy' meaning matchbox size
'central to all amenities'
'everything you need, all in one place'
'low maintenance'
'great neighbourhood watch'

you may never leave!!!!!!

Gated community
24 hour security
Neutral Décor
Low Bodycorp Fees
Long term investment
Lots of amenities onsite

Hi All,
I was at Toowong Village and the Centre Management were taking down the Century Twenty One plaques for their Tenant Directory noticeboard. I think it's safe to say that Century 21 Westside is no more.

Also in the last few days have had some thoughts on the Kenmore Roundabout. I was there at 4.30am on Monday on my way to the airport - none of the entrances were chained.

If NBC was at the bus stop as Squizzey confirmed, my theory is that he was picked up, the car turned left, went through the Village and perhaps went out to Kholo via Brookfield Road/Rafting Ground Road after all.

I'm reeling to think that ABC's murder was premeditated and thinking that's why the QPS took their time - to ensure they could demonstrate the intent to kill by the accused.

Hopefully more information later today - I must admit hanging out to hear about a potential accomplice. Then the bus stop theory might carry some weight.

'low maintenance'

LOL... great neighbourhood watch all right.

'low maintenance'

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Gated community
24 hour security
Neutral Décor
Low Bodycorp Fees
Long term investment
Lots of amenities onsite

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
You win hands down....gated community with 24hr security hahaha so funny

Re Bail

It is possible that bail can be granted in a murder case. Please see the attached article re West Australian Lloyd Rayney who was arrested for the murder of his wife and released on bail two weeks later.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/murder-accused-barrister-lloyd-rayney-gets-bail/story-e6frg6nf-1225975625892

Lloyd Rayney had to pay $100,000 to the court as well as provide a surety of $100,000. He reports every day to the officer in charge at a local police station and surrendered his passport. If he does not appear at his trial he will have to pay $250,000.

So, while it might be difficult to get bail when there is a murder charge, it is certainly not impossible.

I also doubt whether GBC's lawyers would make an application for bail if they did not think he would be able to meet the financial conditions that would be imposed. Given what is known about his financial situation, someone must have agreed to assist him with the financial aspects associated with bail.

Unlike Lloyd Rayney though, I don't think the picture that has been painted of GBC's character prior to the murder will do much to support an application for bail. My guess is that they will argue that the children need the support of their father, especially if there is likely to be a long wait before trial. I would guess that they might argue that if GBC is innocent, it is not reasonable to deprive his daughters of his presence for up to three years while he is awaiting trial, especially having already lost their mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME