ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What really makes Australians interested in this case is....Everyone knows a "Gerard Baden Clay", a stuck up, self important, lying, sociopath that will do anything to make a buck, and use his so called pedigree heritage to further his cause. I wonder how many times over the years he dropped that his great grandfather was the founder of the scouts association. The kind of person who would judge someone by the car they drive, the area they live, where their kids are schooled. Just goes to show, pedigree means NOTHING. Prince Charles has already proved that. I love to see people like this held liable, I really do. Allison in my opinion knew something and was about to blow the whistle on him. Probably because she had a conscience and moral standards and knew right from wrong.

sketch_729-420x0.jpg

An artist's impression of Gerard Baden-Clay, as he sat in Brisbane Magistrates Court today.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...charged-with-wifes-murder-20120613-20atq.html

He refused to face the public gallery. He actually turned through 90 degrees and sat sideways on the chair to face straight ahead so that he couldn't see anybody in the back of the court.

http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2012/s3524899.htm

Sounds like a 41 year old brat to me. Is this the first time in his life that he is not getting what he wants?

What really makes Australians interested in this case is....Everyone knows a "Gerard Baden Clay", a stuck up, self important, lying, sociopath that will do anything to make a buck, and use his so called pedigree heritage to further his cause. I wonder how many times over the years he dropped that his great grandfather was the founder of the scouts association. The kind of person who would judge someone by the car they drive, the area they live, where their kids are schooled. Just goes to show, pedigree means NOTHING. Prince Charles has already proved that. I love to see people like this held liable, I really do. Allison in my opinion knew something and was about to blow the whistle on him. Probably because she had a conscience and moral standards and knew right from wrong.

True....A :heartbeat:for you......Yes....excellent...agree, agree, agree xxxx

sketch_729-420x0.jpg

An artist's impression of Gerard Baden-Clay, as he sat in Brisbane Magistrates Court today.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...charged-with-wifes-murder-20120613-20atq.html

He refused to face the public gallery. He actually turned through 90 degrees and sat sideways on the chair to face straight ahead so that he couldn't see anybody in the back of the court.

http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2012/s3524899.htm

He seems to be showing some signs of being ashamed ... his big name is not helping him now, is it?!

I can't see what's more straightforward than dumping your wife to decay in the open elements as constituting an act that "offers any indignity to any dead human body". Is there any culture where there are not strict legal and/or moral rules about what you do with your passed loved ones? Dumping them in or by a creek like a mattress you can't be bothered paying to take to the tip is not an acceptable one that I'm aware of and a great indignity. It doesn't have to be anything bizarre.

So with regards to sentencing (jumping way ahead I know) is the mandated sentence life and the "leeway" in the sentence the period before parole?

Thanks heaps True -

there is so much emotion with this arrest- I can only hope that the QPS are just lining the rest of the (alleged) accomplices up and seeing how their stories compare. QPS would be experts at scenario dialogue analysis. And seeing how there are so many variables going on that night and the issues surrounding ABC's slow exit from the BC family circle- it makes sense that their individual stories are going to have holes which the police can exploit. How would the pastor view TM being considered more of a soul mate to the BC's than GBC's own wife? How could OW be so blind to the TM affair that she can claim that GBC loves ABC and has gone thru the wringer? The 3 girls have been the token in all their conversations - 'we have kids you know' but seriously did the BC's contemplate the kids when they were proceeding to diminish ABC's role in the family by accepting TM amongst their ranks. Did they consider what they were doing to the children when they had scarecely a nice word to say about ABC in the 8 weeks since she went missing- nothing more than oh most likely it was her depression - so unreliable because of it. Their atitude just SUX - ABC was an outsider in a family who could not compare or match her easy going fun loving nature that made her instantly likeable.

Ok that is it from me - promise not to go on any more blah sessions. The hurt and the pain of the past 8 weeks has taken its toll on me. I am just relieved we have some resolution but I so fear that this case will be marred by showmanship from the lawyers and small technicalities that will help GBC.

I just heard on Ch 9 - QUT lecturer (I think he was from QUT) that said individuals posting on social media are held to the same legalities as media organisations. I know someone on here who will happy to have his/her point reiterated :) :)

Guess we need to be VERY careful now.
(Sorry mods, I know you asked us to not talk about this on this thread, but given it was presented in the news story tonight, thought it relevant to include here). Don't want to get into a discussion with anyone about it - just pointing it out for those who missed the news.
Yes it is a very strange world!

Should you want to ask any questions within reason I might be able to help.....

Hi, Keentoknow. Thanks for sharing your expertise!

(a) Do you think GBC might be at risk of assault by other prisoners?
(b) If there is some risk of that, do you think the risk would be increased because he's involved in a high profile case?
(c) Can prisoners ask to be held in solitary instead?

(If you shouldn't answer any of this, that's okay. I don't know what the restrictions are.)

From the minute GBC became a POI, procedures would have been put in place to ensure neither he nor the kids (or any other POIs) could leave the country.

Maybe thats why they were alerted if updates of passports may have been made JMO

Finally, I have an admirer, I thought you all hated me haha

So very true, good point. I have one just like him in my family.

So the police want channel 9's programming schedule from 4pm 18th April to 4am 19th April?

Wonder what the go is there?

They are gonna play the insanity card....and they will use it for bail...Id bet money on it....(lol...if I had any...giggles)

Actually Channel 9 News here in Bris said:

"QPS WERE going to arrest him Friday, but after interviewing members of his family, they were concerned about GBCs mental state and moved quickly in on Wednesday instead."

Make of it what you will.........I feel I know what his plans were

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member