ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WI was confused about a few things but I replied with this answer to his other Q re jury less trials. Sorry switching between devices all afternoon. I comment elsewhere that I believe MOO that this committal will be closed. Time will tell if that is so. The int law element relates to the presumption that subjective intention for serious offences will be determined by juries not judges. This is a requirement of a number of human rights instruments. Currently a cause of friction in the ICC also.

Sorry, again - I don't understand the international law component here in relation to the Queensland Criminal Code, etc. :waitasec:

There are some nasty nasty men in jail, I think he's in for more than he thinks. Men that will kill you for looking at them the wrong way. I think suicide watch should be taken very seriously in his case. There is NO way he will relate to any of them.

God knows.....Sadly all we get is rumours. Some may be true, but some may not. She may have been there, or maybe not. I go to all my kids things. They expect me there.....and I feel they need me threre to pump them up. Both of mine are a bit shy, so when they do choir, I poke tongues and pull cute faces to make them smile....lol

I was always so humbled that my children just simply wanted me to share it with them.
I just followed their wants and needs.

I know with all my heart that Allison would have been there , nothing would have stopped her from being there? :please:
Why wasn't she there? Why? Why? :please:

Sorry, again - I don't understand the international law component here in relation to the Queensland Criminal Code, etc. :waitasec:

Australia is a signatory to a whole host of international human rights agreements. Some of these agreements include undertakings and expectations in relation to how criminal proceedings will be conducted. The statutory provisions which govern proceedings, including those in the Code, are subject to common law. This means the intepretations given by judges when they apply the provisions in actual cases. In doing this work, judges are expected to be cognisant, to varying degrees, of our international human and civil rights obligations. There is stong opinion among some members of the judiciary and legal professions that these obligations affect the extent to which a court can competently give an order excluding the use of a jury. This, together with the strong existing common law presumption against allowing a judge alone to determine subjective intention is what produces the implication that a murder trial ought not to be decided by a judge alone. Hopefully this addresses both your queries. If not, it would be great if we had a thread to talk specifically about procedural issues.

ok, interesting your not convinced.. I thought that was a pretty crucial bit reported in the media and the police had interviewed the hairdressers.. It it isnt the case- which I believed it was..then that does change things. Except SPratsmum, i think said a mother at the school had seen Allison on the afternoon she went missing? She(the lady) also been interviewed by police.

The hairdressers story is not a rumour. It was reported (with footage) on tv news, stating detectives had interviewed the staff.

Thanks for your post pugsandfrogs. What exactly do you mean by "Discovery"? Thanks....just curious!

As I see it "Discovery" is an American term for "complete list of evidence"....I've not seen that term used in Australia.

Wow, Allison wasn't at cross country? !!!:what:she didn't go !
I was once a brookfield mum and when my children entered a cross country, they wanted me there:what:
I went :what:
My children expected me there:what:
What happened to Allison :what: for her to miss it:what:
her children would remember this too:what:
Allison would never have missed this event :what:
she would have prepared for such an event:what:
Didn't someone from the school notice she didn't attend :maddening:
and her husband did but with scratches all over his face:what:
Bloody hell , :maddening:
didn't someone notice she wasn't there:maddening:?

Aunty do you know she would never have missed an event like that? I know my mum would have loved to be able to be at all of our(her kids) crosscountry events and the like when we were young. Unfortunately she was not able often due to work commitments. We understood, though would have loved her there. Maybe that is why GBC did attend because Allison couldn't (not for sinister reasons).. That does happen too, if at least one parent can be there for the kids. Its not always these days that parents can attend all of those events. IMO ( don't think we can say with Authority what Allison would or would not have done in the circumstances)

Allison was apparently seen on the Thurs afternoon at the afterschool pick up and the person who spoke to her has been spoken to by police(this was mentioned by a poster last night).

Aunty do you know she would never have missed an event like that? I know my mum would have loved to be able to be at all of our(her kids) crosscountry events and the like when we were young. Unfortunately she was not able often due to work commitments. We understood, though would have loved her there. Maybe that is why GBC did attend because Allison couldn't (not for sinister reasons).. That does happen too, if at least one parent can be there for the kids. Its not always these days that parents can attend all of those events. IMO ( don't think we can say with Authority what Allison would or would not have done in the circumstances)

Allison was apparently seen on the Thurs afternoon at the afterschool pick up and the person who spoke to her has been spoken to by police(this was mentioned by a poster last night).

Also some mums just dont care to go. A few of the mums at my school would rather go out for coffee with friends, than attend one of their kids activities. Some parents even have their kids in so many activities, it appears that they do it, so they dont have to deal with their children.

Even mums are different.

Unfolding Truth...you may have seen this already??..I posted in previous thread this morning...

June 15, 2012 - 3:00AM

Last night, Brisbane's three major commercial television networks reported being contacted by investigators for the schedule of their programming between April 18 and 19.

It is understood the programming information will form part of the brief of evidence against Mr Baden-Clay. He has allegedly told police he last saw his wife watching The Footy Show on Channel Nine.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...t-in-prison-20120614-20cq6.html#ixzz1xqeDIAwk

NineNews - GBC will spend the weekend under 24 hours surveillance in medical facility.

The Daniel Morcombe Foundation is offering financial assistance for the 3 girls.

It sounds a bit like he's more affected by being in jail than he was with his wife's death.

The Morcombe thing was they offered financial support through their foundation to the BC girls.

There were a couple other lots of sunflowers on the bridge and in front of the house as well.

The hairdressers story is not a rumour. It was reported (with footage) on tv news, stating detectives had interviewed the staff.

Thats what I thought.. I didn't want to wade through the media links to find it. But I was sure it was verified by police.

Also some mums just dont care to go. A few of the mums at my school would rather go out for coffee with friends, than attend one of their kids activities. Some parents even have their kids in so many activities, it appears that they do it, so they dont have to deal with their children.

Even mums are different.

Sometimes kids ask you not to go, particularly if they think you jinxed them another time! Some poor parents can't get time off work either.

Australia is a signatory to a whole host of international human rights agreements. Some of these agreements include undertakings and expectations in relation to how criminal proceedings will be conducted. The statutory provisions which govern proceedings, including those in the Code, are subject to common law. This means the intepretations given by judges when they apply the provisions in actual cases. In doing this work, judges are expected to be cognisant, to varying degrees, of our international human and civil rights obligations. There is stong opinion among some members of the judiciary and legal professions that these obligations affect the extent to which a court can competently give an order excluding the use of a jury. This, together with the strong existing common law presumption against allowing a judge alone to determine subjective intention is what produces the implication that a murder trial ought not to be decided by a judge alone. Hopefully this addresses both your queries. If not, it would be great if we had a thread to talk specifically about procedural issues.

My apologies again - I don't think I was very clear in my question. I understand the role and jurisdiction of the International Criminal Court, but I was keen to know your thoughts on exactly how it influences the way in which our current Queensland Criminal Code functions.

That's OK - perhaps we can continue this discussion with some like-minded souls in the jury thread.

Cheers

Sometimes kids ask you not to go, particularly if they think you jinxed them another time! Some poor parents can't get time off work either.

Yep, those two things too......All mums are different....Some cant be proactive, some want to be, but arent, some are and some cant be bothered.

Some of the mums even run with their kids.....Then there are a couple of freaky mums, who run behind them, saying "go faster go faster" because they want their child to win.

Apologies if this has already been covered here :blushing1: ~ but if not, better late than never, especially for those abroad without access to Aussie TV. :silly: (meant to be a TV!)

Gerard BADEN -CLAY BAIL UPDATE 12-06-12 [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myyVcEXIEKE"]Gerard BADEN -CLAY BAIL UPDATE 12-06-12 - YouTube[/ame]

:cowcouch:

Unfolding Truth...you may have seen this already??..I posted in previous thread this morning...

June 15, 2012 - 3:00AM

Last night, Brisbane's three major commercial television networks reported being contacted by investigators for the schedule of their programming between April 18 and 19.

It is understood the programming information will form part of the brief of evidence against Mr Baden-Clay. He has allegedly told police he last saw his wife watching The Footy Show on Channel Nine.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...t-in-prison-20120614-20cq6.html#ixzz1xqeDIAwk

Thank you! I did see it on channel 7. I think people misunderstood, I wasn't questioning it. Just couldn't remember the dates they said. had assumed it was the 19th/20th. So the earlier date is interesting. I did believe it would be for the evidence brief..but still wonder how the 18th figured into it. Was the footy show aired on the weds night that week due to rescheduling or something?? -Just a thought.

Every time I look at that sketch of him in the court room I am reminded why I think he's guilty. I've never seen anything like it before. He cant face anyone. Where is his pride if he is in fact innocent? Sitting with his face to the wall like he's been put in time out.

Don't shoot me for this, but I actually felt somewhat sorry ... I saw him like a wounded animal hiding in a little corner, scared. Someone reported that he didn't even look at the magistrate, but just at the wall. To me he presented himself as the opposite of how he had presented himself until that point in time. I wouldn't be surprised if he is seriously suicidal, hence having him now under 24 hrs surveillance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member