ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if it's a complete blackout, then it would need to be a closed court? And all the people in the room sworn to secrecy? Otherwise stuff is sure to get out. Not via msm as they would get in trouble, but definitely on social media!
I believe so.
I am not 100% on this (currently distracted...brain block), but i am pretty certain that not even family and other non-essential associates are allowed to enter the courtroom under these circumstances.
I have to go now, my kids are hanging off me - nagging me to cook dinner, lol, but i will look into this a bit later if no one else answers this for you :)
:cheers:

Mitochondrial DNA is only passed from Mother to child, not from Father to child, so siblings with the same mother all have the exact same Mitochondrial DNA sequence.

Very interesting.....Thank you for this information Amee....xx

Dont get me wrong.....It may she did go to the hairdresser......I just find it so typical I guess, that a hairdresser would claim she went there. Ive always had an inner feeling that she didnt go.....Doesnt mean she didnt though.

lol, no I understand. I just thought that was one thing that was established as I thought it had been confirmed from police through the media. I'd have to wade through all the media links though to find it.

I was looking through other things searching for information for my brother and it seems for that charge interfering with a corpse is only maximum of 2 years. Also i don't know if anyone else heard but on the news it said police aren't expected to arrest anyone else. But when i seen that i was thinking to myself. The news kept saying there were no known suspects (in there own words) but GBC still got arrested. My partner seems to think there is more to it. He just said to me that IF Gbc happens to decide to tell his part of the story honestly, he may slip and tell them who else was involved (if anyone). It just seems weird that his brother-in-law said something about there is much more to come. Sorry if much more to come is the wrong wording but i did see someone on here mention his facebook status a while back. Sorry i don't know how to search on here to find the post about what his exact words were

Dont get me wrong.....It may she did go to the hairdresser......I just find it so typical I guess, that a hairdresser would claim she went there. Ive always had an inner feeling that she didnt go.....Doesnt mean she didnt though.

I agree! I had doubt about her going to the hairdresser at Kenmore Plaza

Channel 9 news @ 6: The Morcombes make offer to Baden Clay girls. Wow,

...and I hope she did have her hair done!

If only we all had crystal balls and could see what was going on behind closed doors in regards to this case!.

That sounds painful!

If Max Sica's lawyers requested a non-jury trial then it sounds like it is potentially possible.

Do juries get sequestered in QLD and would they be cut off from newspapers and social media etc?

No other arrests are expected to be made by police (Channel 10 news)

That surprises me. So does that mean they think he acted alone, even removing her from the home... all by himself?? I always thought there had to be at least one other person involved.:what:

OMG What are they gonna offer.....Such a selfless couple, The Morcombes....Entirely too beautiful to have gone through the crap they went through. (tears)

LOL...I must be hitting that time.....I am so teary.

I get you now. I guess I just thought the fact the reporter made out it was interesting for QPS to want programming for that timeframe, that it wasn't a mistake. But you never know really, do you?!

If only we all had crystal balls and could see what was going on behind closed doors in regards to this case!! I want INFO PEOPLE!!! hehe.

I agree.. the fact you said the reporter made a comment regarding the dates, then it sounds less likely to be a mistake. And if all channels reported the same dates then I would think its not a mistake as it would be unlikely for them all to misreport the date. As I said I saw channel 7 and didn't really take note of the date as I assumed it was for the 19th/20th and was more interested in them aasking for ALL channels programming schedules.

oh wow they're the most beautiful people i have ever known. Also in nmy last message i forgot to ask does anyone know the account details for donations? I did have them written down but don't know where i put the piece of paper. Last time i didn't need them because i sent a money order but i don't want to send a money order this time because noone would probably be at the house

Early in the piece Mr Ainsworth said that GBC wasn't a person of interest anymore and then it changed to no comment. If that is the case why is the indication now that they have known for a long time who did it and were going to arrest him a few times but then delayed it? Did they initially not think that it was him? How long have they known for sure that it was him?

I remember when this happened, and people were wondering if he said that because in their minds he was not longer a POI, but the prime suspect.
It may have also been said to get the media back from harassing him. Nothing would scare them more than the threat of a potential harassment or defamation law suit.

It was all rumour really.......Initially, yes she did attend, then more recently someone said no, that she wasnt at the cross country.
....JMO

Wow, Allison wasn't at cross country? !!!:what:she didn't go !
I was once a brookfield mum and when my children entered a cross country, they wanted me there:what:
I went :what:
My children expected me there:what:
What happened to Allison :what: for her to miss it:what:
her children would remember this too:what:
Allison would never have missed this event :what:
she would have prepared for such an event:what:
Didn't someone from the school notice she didn't attend :maddening:
and her husband did but with scratches all over his face:what:
Bloody hell , :maddening:
didn't someone notice she wasn't there:maddening:?

:rocker:
That surprises me. So does that mean they think he acted alone, even removing her from the home... all by himself?? I alays thought there had to be at least one other person involved.:what:

You know, everyone seems to think that he had help. He's a capable strong guy and there is no doubt in my mind he was able and strong enough to commit the crime from start to finish by himself. However I'm more concerned that the alleged others involved were used for alibi.

Wow wasn't at cross country? !!!:what:
I was once a brookfield mum and when my children entered a cross country, they wanted me there:what: I went :what:My children expected me there:what:
What happened to Allison :what: for her to miss it:what: her children would remember this too:what: Allison would never have missed this event :what: she would have prepared for such an event:what:
Didn't someone from the school notice she didn't attend :maddening:and her husband did but with scratches all over his face:what:
Bloody hell , :maddening:didn't someone notice she wasn't there:maddening:?

God knows.....Sadly all we get is rumours. Some may be true, but some may not. She may have been there, or maybe not. I go to all my kids things. They expect me there.....and I feel they need me threre to pump them up. Both of mine are a bit shy, so when they do choir, I poke tongues and pull cute faces to make them smile....lol

Sure happy to help, but just IMO and MOO. This is a murder indictment. In Qld we have two forms of murder but this will almost certainly be an indictment brought pursuant to s.302(1)(a) of the Code. The main job for the Crown will be to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that Mr Baden Clay intended at the material time to kill or cause GBH to some person and as a result some person (not necessarily the intended victim) did in fact die. The tests for intention adopted in Qld are subjective, and have been developed as common law principles. This means you wont find them in any statute such as the Code, but in the decisions of the Qld Courtof Appeal and sometimes the High Court of Australia. There is a very strong common law presumption that these subjective tests of intention must be applied by a jury of the accused's peers. The jury is to be the arbiter of fact, and the judge of law. The Bligh government attempted to address some efficiency issues in our criminal courts by providing for, inter alia, judge only tries for serious indictable offences. The move was seriously criticised by some memebrs of the judiciary and the legal professions. What was actually needed they said, were more judges and expedited forensic procedures. The result is that although an accused may apply for a juryless trial (as Mr Sica considered), the common law presumption that subjective tests of intention in homicide matters requires lay determination prevails. In the unlikely event that a murder trial ever goes without a juy, there will be interlocutary proceedings to establish the validity of the statutory reforms. Challeneges on the basis of constitutional breaches and of international law obligations have also been flagged. Or so I hear. Hope that is of some assistance. It's always tempting to assume that where there is a statutory provision that it is a simple statement of 'the law'. With the criminal law, it rarely is. But as I say JMO.

My apologies, I don't think I asked my questions clearly enough. I completely understand how committal procedures and trials work. I am also familiar with the amendments to the Act. In this (second) question I was wondering, if you wouldn't mind, please explaining why (in your opinion) trials are jury only, if indeed they get past committal.

My earlier (first) question was to ask why you think the committal will be closed.

Cheers

The Americans will think this is odd. Over there (at least it was in Atlanta) a jumper is a girl's pinafore! So, he was wearing a pink shirt with a mustard coloured pinny over it!

He has a definite thing about mustard!

cept' this time I don't think the mustard was his choice.. (wasn't prison issued one?)

NineNews - GBC will spend the weekend under 24 hours surveillance in medical facility.

The Daniel Morcombe Foundation is offering financial assistance for the 3 girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme