ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet, I still suspect they will support their son even if they know he is guilty. Not sure why I say that.

I have always thought that I wouldn't support my kids if they do something heinous. And I still think that. Too many people these days think they should just accept any rubbish behaviour from their offspring.

Nads, personally, I think that their is a big difference between supporting and loving a person and rejecting something horrid that they have done. I believe that you can still love a person and support them, but despise what they have done. It would be wrong for a parent to try and make out someone to be innocent if they knew that they were guilty.......but it is not wrong in my opinion for a parent that has accepted their child's guilt to support them in whatever way is needed. It is something called "unconditional love" and the support wouldn't involve trying to get them off for something they are guilty of. It would involve lovingly encourage them to confess if they are indeed guilty. It would involve sitting in the court room during the trial. It would involve visiting them in prison, writing them letters, being there if they ring you. It could involve sending in whatever they need whilst in prison or carrying out personal business for them or putting money into their prison account as required and allowed. Believe me .......it takes love to do these things for a prisoner. That love can speak volumes to that prisoner's heart in very positive ways even though it has come from someone who intensely dislikes whatever horrid act they have committed. If a prisoner becomes remorseful for their crime and wants to change their ways and their life..........they need the helping hand of unconditional love to support them through. This is obviously just my opinion and thoughts. I can understand if others may struggle with this idea and have a different opinion which of course they are entitled to.

While I am posting, I just wanted to say thanks to those who answered my questions in previous posts and responded to my posts. Again my "thanks" post wasn't working again and I wasn't in a position at the time to individually respond to the posts. So thank you!

Wonder how those predictions of 'salacious gossip' are working out for the good reverend now?

Interesting the article alludes to impact of social media commentary, and also heartening to see that a judge's simple clear instructions to a jury will probably clear the way. On top of that, we can be pretty sure the local gossip already has the case solved, despite some media suggesting there is widespread 'shock'. So ramblings on web forums should be the least of old mate's concern.

Here comes the justice train ....

Would there be any reason why his parents would be banned from seeing him? Also i can't understand why they won't let the kids in unless it's because it's too much for them. When my brother was in jail his ex used to take his kids in twice a week

Nads, personally, I think that their is a big difference between supporting and loving a person and rejecting something horrid that they have done. I believe that you can still love a person and support them, but despise what they have done. It would be wrong for a parent to try and make out someone to be innocent if they knew that they were guilty.......but it is not wrong in my opinion for a parent that has accepted their child's guilt to support them in whatever way is needed. It is something called "unconditional love" and the support wouldn't involve trying to get them off for something they are guilty of. It would involve lovingly encourage them to confess if they are indeed guilty. It would involve sitting in the court room during the trial. It would involve visiting them in prison, writing them letters, being there if they ring you. It could involve sending in whatever they need whilst in prison or carrying out personal business for them or putting money into their prison account as required and allowed. Believe me .......it takes love to do these things for a prisoner. That love can speak volumes to that prisoner's heart in very positive ways even though it has come from someone who intensely dislikes whatever horrid act they have committed. If a prisoner becomes remorseful for their crime and wants to change their ways and their life..........they need the helping hand of unconditional love to support them through. This is obviously just my opinion and thoughts. I can understand if others may struggle with this idea and have a different opinion which of course they are entitled to.

While I am posting, I just wanted to say thanks to those who answered my questions in previous posts and responded to my posts. Again my "thanks" post wasn't working again and I wasn't in a position at the time to individually respond to the posts. So thank you!

We shall agree to disagree then.

Wonder how those predictions of 'salacious gossip' are working out for the good reverend now?

Interesting the article alludes to impact of social media commentary, and also heartening to see that a judge's simple clear instructions to a jury will probably clear the way. On top of that, we can be pretty sure the local gossip already has the case solved, despite some media suggesting there is widespread 'shock'. So ramblings on web forums should be the least of old mate's concern.

Here comes the justice train ....

Choo Choo!!! (pulling down arm in choo choo motion)

Im with you on all that KB :)

Nads and Seeking......I see both your perspectives and understand both.....and think you are both right. I dont think there is a hard and fast rule in these matters.

As we say, everyone handles things differently.....I just want you both to know, I agree with you both.

:fence:

Prior to Channel 10 (or whichever channel it was) saying no more people would be charged.....YES. But now, who knows. Unless the police or media are bluffing.

I think that you're completely right - they were bluffing about the whole no accomplices thing. But further to this, I've just spent the past hour searching for the posts (this thread and particularly the last) that I read last night/this morning and I can't find them. I know that I read numerous posts about no more arrests will be made (links and all) and posters discussing this! I've got the flu and am not 'with it' completely, but I'm fairly sure that 'anything' about this is not there any more, that's why some 'regulars' just signing in tonight, have not heard this at all.

... Speaking of Latin ... JUST KIDDING!! :D

*chuckle*

On a more serious note, I thought this was worth reposting in light of tonight's discussions about the incredibly stoic Morcombe family.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...el-morcombe-case/story-e6frep1o-1226115509286

This is an article that features QUT's social media and law expert, Peter Black, with his most timely views on navigating the internet, publishing and impending court proceedings.

Actually, Black is also quoted in the CM's latest story on this forum's case: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...aden-clay-arrest/story-e6freoof-1226397139787

Cheers

Another news report by Madonna King

THIS weekend, three little girls are bunkering down with their grandparents.

Still struggling to accept the death of their mother, they are now grappling with the awful accusation that she died at the hands of their father.

That's almost too difficult for anyone, let along a young child, to comprehend and you can understand that they might fight it, or even refuse to believe it.

Either way, the charging of their father this week will irrevocably change their lives.

Their mother's death was inconceivable. How does a young child who still dances like no one is watching process news like that?

But it is the arrest of their father, who has looked after them since their mother's death, that has now stolen the remaining pillar of the family life they knew and understood.

Gerard Baden-Clay is innocent, until proven otherwise. He deserves the right to a fair trial and should be given one, and he shouldn't have to wait years for that.
But whatever the eventual verdict is, his children will remember his arms around them as they said goodbye to their mother at a funeral that broke all our hearts.

"]http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/opinion/pain-too-big-for-young-ones/story-e6frerdf-1226397120098"]

I think that you're completely right - they were bluffing about the whole no accomplices thing. But further to this, I've just spent the past hour searching for the posts (this thread and particularly the last) that I read last night/this morning and I can't find them. I know that I read numerous posts about no more arrests will be made (links and all) and posters discussing this! I've got the flu and am not 'with it' completely, but I'm fairly sure that 'anything' about this is not there any more, that's why some 'regulars' just siging in tonight, have not heard this at all.

I dont recall us speaking about it last night (before bed). But I do thik it was discussed this morning.

It wouldnt surprise me if the whole media attention is becoming overwhelming to the police....and maybe this is a good way to take some heat off the story, so the police need not worry anymore on media intervention/speculation etc.

Would there be any reason why his parents would be banned from seeing him? Also i can't understand why they won't let the kids in unless it's because it's too much for them. When my brother was in jail his ex used to take his kids in twice a week

I believe that this occurred when he was still at the police station, before being taken to the watchhouse. He was in custody and undergoing questioning, therefore it would have been totally inappropriate to allow anyone, other than his lawyer, to see him until he was charged or released. And even after the charging that night, it would still have been inappropriate until he was formally charged before the court.

Another news report by Madonna King

THIS weekend, three little girls are bunkering down with their grandparents.

Still struggling to accept the death of their mother, they are now grappling with the awful accusation that she died at the hands of their father.

That's almost too difficult for anyone, let along a young child, to comprehend and you can understand that they might fight it, or even refuse to believe it.

Either way, the charging of their father this week will irrevocably change their lives.

Their mother's death was inconceivable. How does a young child who still dances like no one is watching process news like that?

But it is the arrest of their father, who has looked after them since their mother's death, that has now stolen the remaining pillar of the family life they knew and understood.

Gerard Baden-Clay is innocent, until proven otherwise. He deserves the right to a fair trial and should be given one, and he shouldn't have to wait years for that.
But whatever the eventual verdict is, his children will remember his arms around them as they said goodbye to their mother at a funeral that broke all our hearts.

"]http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/opinion/pain-too-big-for-young-ones/story-e6frerdf-1226397120098"]

How heinous that someone did this to those little girls and their poor poor mother! And how much worse if it is indeed their father!

Thanks for that post seeking. I understand what you are saying and I believe what you are saying is well and truly complete and utter unconditional love. Agreed it does not mean you agree with or approve of what they have done.. The saying something along the lines of 'Hate the action, or be appalled by the action, not the person' But I know and understand there would be many who could not bring themselves to that point. thanks for your perspective.

I believe that this occurred when he was still at the police station, before being taken to the watchhouse. He was in custody and undergoing questioning, therefore it would have been totally inappropriate to allow anyone, other than his lawyer, to see him until he was charged or released. And even after the charging that night, it would still have been inappropriate until he was formally charged before the court.

Oh thankyou i misunderstood it i was thinking of the jail not the police station. I think i need a few days sleep lol

This is exactly how I feel about the whole thing. For Allison's girls, this is the worst possible outcome that could have come from this set of circumstances. To lose such a loving mother so early in life, and then face years of agony of coming to terms with the truth about their father...
Sigh... To me this is the saddest part of all. I just cannot fathom what that would be like. The world goes on and people go on with their own lives, their own joys and worries, but those 3 girls will live the acuteness of this nightmare for a long time yet. It's early days and no doubt overwhelming, but as time goes on the reality and the painful ache sets in.

It's hard enough and soul wrenching for a child to lose either one or both parents through accident or sickness, but to lose them both like this? I honestly hope that each little girl comes to terms in a way where they can find their own individual sense of inner peace.

Nothing can ever be the same again for them. That's gone. At least they are loved and no doubt will be well cared for but geez... I dunno... there's nothing like having your own mum and dad around (and a puppy dog and a pussy cat).

Gone............................

He was allowed to phone his lawyer, Darren Mahony, who was on the Gold Coast but it's understood when his parents, Nigel and Elaine, arrived demanding to see their son, they weren't allowed.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...aden-clay-arrest/story-e6freoof-1226397139787

i am not surprised i remember reading yesterday (sorry can't find link) that they refuse visitors in the early days to give the person time to "settle in".

Yes because he is not booked in at the Hilton.

Just because they might be used to getting what they want when they demand it doesnt work like that.

Even tho this isnt law I think if you kill the childrens mother you should lose the right to have visits from your children. The girls will be old enough when he gets out to make that choice.

"It's understood there won't be any further arrests." http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226397139787

to me that comment means, stay tuned..lol..;)

Media also 'understood' there were no visible signs of foul play when Allisons body was found. Yet by all reports now there seems there was, for the police to know straight away how she was killed. The Police did not want to let that information out to the general public(and still haven't) as they did not want it to jeopardize the case. One could think the same thing may be at play here with the media 'understanding' that no more arrests are to be made. To me that sounds like Police keeping a lid on things again. (just like they had no comment on whether GBC was a POI)..Just MOO, and I guess we wait and see how things unfold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow