ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you are saying and I bet they will want to see him at stages when they are older. I just dont think they should be forced to go to keep him happy.

My father was accused of killing my mother but not charged as there was not enough evidence, her body was never found so that made it more difficult. He did the "she went for a walk and never came home " line too.

Anyway we were forced to stay with him until my grandmother stepped in. Now I remember this man being cruel, abusive and full of hate, evil man.

When I was older I did want some contact with him, dont know why but I did. It did not end well but I gave it a go. I have hated this man for as long as I can remember, to the point of it making me very bitter.

I avoided all family events where I knew he would be. Anyway when I had kids they didnt have any grandparents and I felt guilty about that esp as he lived a 15 min drive away. I did not tell my young children about my history with him.

I took them to a family event where he was and they met him and did this more often so they had a chance to know him. Over time I watched him carefully with my kids and I can honestly say that he really loved them. He ended up being a wonderful grandfather and my kids loved him.

We had a falling out about ten years ago and I have only spoken to him once at my brothers funeral, real awkward then again I ran into him on Mothers Day visiting my Nan. When my daughter had children she asked me would I be upset if she contacted him and let him see her kids. To be honest I felt betrayed as now an adult she knew what he did and still wanted to see him, double standards I know. Of course I told her it didnt bother me but it bothered me very single time haha. When she would talk about him I said I dont want to hear about him.

Anyway my daughter sees him often and he is a big part of her childrens life, he has taken them all over the world on holidays. When I saw him with them I again saw the deep love I saw when he was with my kids.

Funny thing is he is visiting my daughter in the morning and she wants me to come and bring my other two kids as he hasnt seen them in 10 years. I dont know if I will go, this case had made old feelings come up again for me so I will see.

It is probably about time to just forgive him and let it go.
If you believe he killed your mum, you must be desperate for answers. :please:
I hope you get those answers one day , and in the meantime , love yourself and trust yourself .
Know that we care and support you as friends *advertiser censored*
I am so sad that you have lived for so long not knowing the truth of what happened to your Mum xx I am so upset about this. My heart aches for you xx

Alison Sandy From: The Courier-Mail June 16, 2012 12:00AM
Message sent through MSM to social media posters:

University of Technology law lecturer Peter Black cautioned the community about online commentary before a court hearing. Black said nevertheless it was a real risk and people needed to "moderate their comments accordingly''.

"While everyone is allowed to have an opinion on a matter before the courts, one needs to be careful to make sure that the tone and way it's expressed is not vitriolic and does not make it difficult for the accused to get a fair trial,'' he said.

I just read Madonna Kings article and I need to say, I believe it is highly inappropriate to have anyone discussing those children in any media. Can't they just be left alone? I personally would like to see a media blackout on anything connected to them, names, blurred photos, references to where they are etc. Just my own personal feelings.

Seeking, if you are not a writer, you should be! Another beautiful, yet heartbreaking post.

I am the child of a criminal, my mother. She has been in and out of prison (long term, 3-5yrs, each time) since i was about 7 years old, due to a heroin addiction and its associated crimes.

Thankfully, in my case, i had a wonderful Dad, who made up for my mothers complete emotional destruction by being eveything my siblings and i needed. He has since passed away, and on the day i lost him, i felt like i lost both of my parents.

As a child, until about the age of 15, i desperately clung to the hope that my mother would stop being the neglectful, spiteful, lieing, sneaky, self-centred and psychopathic person that she was, and miraculously turn into the type of mother that all of my friends had. Even at my young age, I knew that she had made the choice to hurt us, i knew that she was responsible for breaking my Dad's heart, my heart and my siblings hearts, yet, i remember at times that i would beg my Dad to get back together with her, in the hope of having a complete, happy family.

So yes, in my case, i did still want to see the parent who had destroyed all of our lives, even with the elementary understanding i had.

As i grew older, wiser and more aware of what we actually had to endure as a result of my mother choosing drugs over us, i began to resent her, and now, unfortunately, i feel almost nothing towards her. She has only seen one of my children, and i intend to keep it that way. I have no idea how i would feel if anything ever happened to her, or how i will react when she finally succumbs to the ill-health that is the result of her 'alternative' lifestyle. It's just sad, really!

Has it effected my adulthood? Absolutely! on the negative side, I have OCD, agoraphobia (both mild) and had a drinking problem when i was younger. In the middle ground, I am a paranoid wreck when it comes to protecting my own children... completely smother them with love :) I have to let them know how much i love them regularly, or i panic. They will be absolutely horrified when i embarrass them as teens, lol, but of course, this is also a good thing, as they know i am always there for them, and will love them unconditionally. On the absolutely positive side, i am a criminologist because of my experience, i am extremely empathetic (almosty to a fault), and i feel a strong social responsibility to fight for children's rights :heartbeat::scale:

I am sorry for the huge post. I started writing and it just all came billowing out :blushing:. Anyway, just my 2c, and all my personal opinion in order to highlight the experiences of a child with a rotten parent.

Wow , I can see that you are a deeply beautiful person who has turned such a horrible situation around and made sure you and your family are protected and loved. I want to give you a hug you amazing sweet person . Your children are blessed to have such a protective parent xxxxoooo
You have done so well and I am so proud of you and your achievements. Xxoo

The reference in the Courier Mail regarding "no further arrests" does not make sense in light of the previous interest in the two cars. Two cars means at least two people. Unless, of course, the police have determined that the white car tailing the blue car was not relevant to the case.

Unless someone did get immunity for spilling their guts re GBC.

Alison Sandy From: The Courier-Mail June 16, 2012 12:00AM
FYI

University of Technology law lecturer Peter Black cautioned the community about online commentary before a court hearing. Black said nevertheless it was a real risk and people needed to "moderate their comments accordingly''.

"While everyone is allowed to have an opinion on a matter before the courts, one needs to be careful to make sure that the tone and way it's expressed is not vitriolic and does not make it difficult for the accused to get a fair trial,'' he said.

Thanks for this, Fuskier. There have been a number of links to this article now and I don't think the point should ever stop being made, for the sake of justice. The source in this story, Peter Black, makes an excellent point and we should all continue to remember his advice.

Cheers :)

Grannie ,
Where have you been? I missed you :fence:
The news must have been a shock to you . :what:
What are your thoughts now about what happened? X
Hi Aunty

I was on TO plus some real life commitments. But I did some searching and found info that might be of interest to some sleuths. I shall share it bit by bit.

The news have not been a shock because I always considered such a possibility (if you look at my very first posts), just less and less as time went by (with MSM coverage), and to me it was the most undesirable outcome. I am all for justice for Allison and her parents, but my first instinct has always been to protect the girls, and that includes, well... wishful thinking that their father should not (ideally) be a murderer. Because it's too much for the three little angels.

This is the situation where law and justice are not necessarily the same thing.

In theory, he is still an alleged killer, and I am not aware of the 100% complete set of evidence against him. But now I do not think I need to wait for that set. I have seen his photos, and they were very telling. It's my personal impression only, and I must wait (but it's hard after the photos) for the hard facts to be published to make judgments. What I saw on the photos was very worrisome.
JMO.

Has anyone considered the thought the senior BC's may have rolled over on GBC to save themselves, they have said that there are no further arrests planned.. IMO

Yes, I have thought about that too.

I just read Madonna Kings article and I need to say, I believe it is highly inappropriate to have anyone discussing those children in any media. Can't they just be left alone? I personally would like to see a media blackout on anything connected to them, names, blurred photos, references to where they are etc. Just my own personal feelings.

i agree. Perhaps the judge will place some sort of ban on any reporting about the children once this gets to Court on July 9.

Unless someone did get immunity for spilling their guts re GBC.

Or, unless (like state by Hawkins in the past) they are waiting to call someone as a witness and catch them lying in Court, which would be followed by charges.

Can anyone see similarities between these two faces?

6109179_600x338.jpg

772245-gerard-baden-clay.jpg

I still think that there is someone else involved after the fact. Not only because police were concentrating too much on two cars seeing around the bridge that night, but also because I believe the alleged murderer needed help to move her to the site where she was left. The reported "no more arrests" might be a diversion in the hope that someone will make a mistake. QPS are probably still "all ears/all eyes" with regard to other people. IMO.

Hi Aunty

I was on TO plus some real life commitments. But I did some searching and found info that might be of interest to some sleuths. I shall share it bit by bit.

The news have not been a shock because I always considered such a possibility (if you look at my very first posts), just less and less as time went by (with MSM coverage), and to me it was the most undesirable outcome. I am all for justice for Allison and her parents, but my first instinct has always been to protect the girls, and that includes, well... wishful thinking that their father should not (ideally) be a murderer. Because it's too much for the three little angels.

This is the situation where law and justice are not necessarily the same thing.

In theory, he is still an alleged killer, and I am not aware of the 100% complete set of evidence against him. But now I do not think I need to wait for that set. I have seen his photos, and they were very telling. It's my personal impression only, and I must wait for the hard facts to be published to make judgments. What I saw on the photos was very worrisome.
JMO.

Thanks for your wise words.
It is all very confusing isnt it. Its tragic for the little ones .
The look on his face was worrisome as you say, and very disturbing.

My grandmother taught me 45 years ago " never judge a book by its cover"
I have always drawn on her wise words , and as i have watched this dreadful story unfold I have tried to see beyond the visual maze.
That's why each piece of this puzzle is so important for me. It's what is within those pages that is my focus.
Thanks Grannie xx

I always judge my books by the cover and am rarely wrong.
However, when it comes to people, I am never eager to judge based on body language, now, we do have those people who read body language, so should we use it? 45 years ago, maybe we didn't.
I have no idea if GBC is guilty of what he has been charged with, his face now shows devastation, why didn't that show last week, last month, when it was relevant to what the public were thinking.
I have not read enough of this forum to know how others see him but I get the idea on other places that he exudes guilt.

On the top photo Hans Reiser.

Some sleuths may be interested in reading about the Hans Reiser case in the USA in 2006-2007. Hans Reiser (44 y.o. at the time) was a high profile Linux programmer who killed his estranged wife. He defended his charges vigorously in a murder case with no body, no crime scene, no reliable eyewitness and virtually no physical evidence (the only physical evidence in the case was a trace of his wife's blood on a pillar inside Hans’ house and a trace in his car), and prosecutors were prepared to rest his case. But Reiser tried vigorously. He provided so implausible explanations to circumstantial evidence against him that the jurors concluded that he was lying. And then the unthinkable happened. Reiser agreed to make a deal - he pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of 2nd degree murder, and the part of a settlement agreement was disclosing the location of his wife's body. Only 5 days prior to the deal he vigorously maintained his innocence.

"For children, application would need to be made by the child's parent, or in the case of prisoner Baden-Clay, the children's legal guardian. The decision whether or not to grant the visit would be made in the context of the best interest of the child,'' a QCS spokesman said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...aden-clay-arrest/story-e6freoof-1226397139787

I read this as meaning -- in the case of prisoner B-C, the children's legal guardian [not him] would make any application about visiting.

I find this case so tragic and almost completely beyond my comprehension that something like this could occur in what appeared to be an ordinary family to others.

Can someone please tell me why GBC would still be proclaiming his innocence when the police have obvious proof of his guilt.

Also why his legal team are going for a bail application if the police have proof he has committed this terrible murder. How could he get bail under these circumstances?

I simply cannot get my head around how someone could murder the Mother of their 3 little girls and then callously premeditately dump her body in the bush. Absolutely beyond shocking!!

I always judge my books by the cover and am rarely wrong.
However, when it comes to people, I am never eager to judge based on body language, now, we do have those people who read body language, so should we use it? 45 years ago, maybe we didn't.
I have no idea if GBC is guilty of what he has been charged with, his face now shows devastation, why didn't that show last week, last month, when it was relevant to what the public were thinking.
I have not read enough of this forum to know how others see him but I get the idea on other places that he exudes guilt.

To me, he looks like he has given up, he looks "disconnected". He doesn't look like someone who is full of strength ready to fight what is being alleged. He looks defeated in the court appearance sketches (taking into account what was reported about his attitude in court).

I find this case so tragic and almost completely beyond my comprehension that something like this could occur in what appeared to be an ordinary family to others.

Can someone please tell me why GBC would still be proclaiming his innocence when the police have obvious proof of his guilt.

Also why his legal team are going for a bail application if the police have proof he has committed this terrible murder. How could he get bail under these circumstances?

I simply cannot get my head around how someone could murder the Mother of their 3 little girls and then callously premeditately dump her body in the bush. Absolutely beyond shocking!!

First, he has a bail hearing next week.
He is proclaiming his innocence because he obviously thinks he is innocent, or that they have no evidence of his guilt. A jury will determine that based on actual evidence.
It happens every day, that someone takes the life of someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow