ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the surprise visit at Toowong to detain GBC was a very strategic move by QPS. IMO they could have alerted his highly respected and learned Lawyer to have GBC attend voluntarily with him. Why do I think it was strategic, well IMO the QPS need to question / interview the children and they were not able to, so the best way was to wait for GBC to move back into the residence at Brookfield. Why is this important, because of the Procedure needed to gain access to the children.
I ll explain further, DOCS would have been informed of an arrest/detention and would have taken custody of the children if there was concern for their welfare. If they were with the BC s then I assume that that arrangement should have been suitable for them to remain with them during this assessment period. DOCS would have to Apply to a Magistrate immediately for a TAO (Temporary Assessment Order) which places the “care and control” of the children with DOCS for 3 days in order to make a proper assessment of where the children should be placed. They can apply for an extension of assessment however they should be following the Family Court Principles which usually is causing as little disruption to their routine, what they are familiar with and used to, where their friends are, school etc, and in the absence of any danger / threat or unsuitability, then they should be placed with their best interests at the forefront of any decision. Why is this important, well ultimately the Family Court could/should decide where the children reside and who should make decisions about their short and long term welfare. Any decision that is made in the Family Court will override any decision made by any State Qld Dept.
Why is this important, because whoever has “care and control” of the children could allow QPS to interview them, I am assuming Dickies will, BC s wouldn’t, a massive difference to any relevant evidence.
However, it is interesting to note here that if and when any Application is made to the Family Court by the BC s, normally you need a strong case to alter the status quo ie where the children currently are comfortable, with willing and able carers, amongst other things such as assessments made previously etc until a proper determination/ Application could be made, which could be some 2 years away. I think the subsequent abuse of the Police by the BC s in informing them of an arrest would form part of this assessment as to “unsuitability” and thus allowing QPS access to the children s evidence. If the children were still living at BC s, then the Dept would not (in a normal world) have any reason to alter their custody. However the media seemed to have played their part in this, how do they justify camping out at the BC s where the children are previously, but now leaving them alone while they are at the Dickies, DOUBLE STANDARDS.
As we operate in an Adversarial Justice System, applications/complaints have to made by people, evidence presented and determined by that evidence. Decisions are not made just because they should or everyone thinks they should. This process is for everyone’s protection, not just for this case. Put yourself in similar shoes to try and grasp the severity of the process. Who should determine where your children are placed if you are sick, hurt etc and couldn’t t care for them. Should the media camp outside your place because it makes them money until such time as they are placed somewhere else. If you can grasp this, then you will see similarities to the stolen generation of indigenous where improper manipulation and process and opinion was used to alter their rights.
IMO custody of the children and the ability to allow questioning ( probably involving TV programming) will form part and a major part of the DPP s brief and the strategic move without informing the Lawyers, GBC moving back to Brookfield and the subsequent “care and control “ of the children’s best interests have resulted in QPS and DPP “outplaying, outlasting and outwitting” GBC and his legal team. IMO very poor advice to move back home, a fatal error.
IMO IMO IMO IMO

You have written a lot, but I don't really get what you are saying.

I saw those interviews but unfortunately they only aired a couple of sentences from each of the academics commenting on the case. One was from UQ and the other was from QUT. A frequent complaint I hear about the media is that you can do a lengthy interview and provide all sorts of relevant information but then it's edited down to a couple of phrases due to time constraints. It would be great if television reporters could upload all the full interviews to their websites after the broadcast.

This is one reason I rarely do media interviews these days. The editorial decisions, regardless of what motivates them, can lead to misconceptions.

It was alluded to in the news, that the arrest was brought forward to Wednesday after the police spent time interviewing family members earlier in the week. I guess this could mean many things, eg the family members were concerned that GBC was close to the edge so the police should act sooner rather than later, or it could be that someone divulged information - who knows...

Yes, in the news I watched, they actually said 'because there were concerns about his wellbeing' or similar.

Exactly!

Having been married to (and escaped) a psychopathic narcissist myself I have first-hand experience and you have described to a T just how they behave.

And just a note to everyone who thinks or says "How could he do this, especially to his own children?"...A Psychopath has absolutely NO ability to feel empathy for anyone, including his/her own children. Other people are merely something to be used or manipulated to advance their own cause.

Wow how right you are . They will use anything including their children.
I escaped 9 yrs ago from one cunning bas...d narcissist , and he is still stalking me. Very sick indeed.
Xx

Just a feeling. Maybe a deal was struck. "You plead guilty and we'll drop all the charges on others" Especially if his family were involved, even after the event. JMO

But he's not seeming to be pleading guilty, he is going to be vigorously fighting the charges. And he didn't even give a statement to police.

I wonder if it's worth the Dickies giving evidence of anything the kids told them when they were with them (if anything). Or indeed anything the kids told them about what any of the BCs said, or told them to say or not to say etc etc. i think a jury would tend to believe them.

That would be hearsay. A judge would have to interview the children directly (closed court or similar). IMO.

I wonder if it's worth the Dickies giving evidence of anything the kids told them when they were with them (if anything). Or indeed anything the kids told them about what any of the BCs said, or told them to say or not to say etc etc. i think a jury would tend to believe them.

That is exactly the definition of hearsay

... I watched that show all the time. Yes, that's my thinking too. If I was arrested and knew that I was innocent, I would be fighting tooth and nail and making the most of any cameras available to speak about my innocence.

I agree with this - and I would be facing that courtroom with my head held high if I knew I was innocent - I would be furious, indignant and visually pleading for support from those who I could make eye contact with! (but I know it is easy to say this when I'm not in the situation)

You have written a lot, but I don't really get what you are saying.

I am saying, IMO that the arrest and custody of the children was a strategic move by the QPS to gain access to interview the children which could not have been done any other way and further for the Dickies to be granted temporary custody is for the benefit of the QPS case, and that if GBC had stayed living / staying at his parents, then in all likelyhood, the custody would have reamined with the BC s thus preventing interview/ questioning

Yes, and I wonder who has access/manages his account?? You cannot have more friends unless someone is accepting the friend's requests .. and we know it is not GBC!

Hi, it can 'appear' that your number of friends increases or decreases: it happens when some who are already friends temporarily deactivate their own profile, then reinstate it.

SOUTHSIDE MUM: Beautiful article. Speaks to the tragedy, but then is life affirming reminding us that new memories can be created. It would not have been a safe or pleasant experience in a family with 'allegedly' heightened emotions and physical violence. I am pleased for the girls that some responsible adults have shifted them out of all of this and into a new area away from cruel taunts etc. My opinion only, not fact.

I don't know about this. Kids aren't as lacking in comprehension as adults seem to think. They understand, obvouisly, that their mother has passed away (maybe not have been given any details, of course) and will not be coming home....even the youngest would understand this. Being in the company of their father since their mum 'disappeared' they would have felt and/or heard some strange things and 'know' in a basic instinct way that all was not well. Then, when their father was taken by the police, they would definitely know that something was going on and that daddy hadn't just had to "go away". Children can put 2 + 2 together much more adeptly than we given them credit for....even if other stories are being fed to them. IMO Moooooo
IMHO I hope the children have been told the truth. Very difficult, but best in the long term. Keeping stuff like this from kids will cause them more distrust. And now they need to trust more than ever. I'm still waiting for my family to tell me that my beloved Pop has died and how. 50 years I've been p... off about that!

I agree with this - and I would be facing that courtroom with my head held high if I knew I was innocent - I would be furious, indignant and visually pleading for support from those who I could make eye contact with! (but I know it is easy to say this when I'm not in the situation)

IMO You are underestimating the emotional impact of being arrested and placed with others who you don t know from a bar of soap in a watchhouse, a very powerful subdueing event without knowing what evidence exists yet ( if you are innocent, and I dont form any argument for that ) that is very powerful

But he's not seeming to be pleading guilty, he is going to be vigorously fighting the charges. And he didn't even give a statement to police.
I live in hope that he will eventually plead guilty - only way to spare everyone else trauma of drawn out trial. But then he isn't renown for thinking of others, is he?

I live in hope that he will eventually plead guilty - only way to spare everyone else trauma of drawn out trial. But then he isn't renown for thinking of others, is he?

But, 8 days in isolation in a cell gives one plenty of time to think! I'm also hoping he will plead guilty, but I doubt he will.

I do not believe that Allison was killed the day before, due to the fact that police referred to specific times in relationship to when she may have been killed. I feel that these times would have been defined by witness statements etc.
In regard to the TV programming...if someone asked one of my primary school aged children what time something occurred last week, they would not be able to tell me, probably not the day, and certainly not the hour. However, they may be able to relate the event to something else that happened at the same time (eg a TV program/ad).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat