ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And still very many more generations removed from our psyches, and less notorious.

Until a verified psychiatrist can tell me that GBC is a narcissist/sociopath or similar, I can't take other members' assessment/observations/opinions as it being a fact. However his ancestors were, it should not be included in any assessment/observations/judgement of him. IMO.

Sorry, but don't I understand your comment (or joke?)

Oh I can't really explain without writing alot. Time to put the fire on and get the possums fed. I try to understand GBCs psyche because for his entire Australian education he was never further than a city block from me. I guess I have progressed to nature vs nurture in my thinking.

Sitting in my local coffee shop I am perusing the Courier Mail. <snip>...
Sometimes the press beat up a story to varying degrees for their own purposes. One annoying habit of this particular paper is to exaggerate the rank or status of police officers involved in alleged offences. For example, they will regularly headline a story with something like 'Senior police officer charged with X". Then when you read the story the person referred to is just a senior constable, which is actually the second lowest rank in the QPS and anything but a senior police officer. Crime reporters and editors would be fully aware of this, yet they run the description anyway. Might grab the attention of a few more readers but detracts from the credibility of the paper and staff a little.

I've read a few posts here though that suggest that the press are complicit with the police in managing the release of information to try and encourage people to implicate themselves in the relevant offences. I would hope that's untrue. In my view it's OK for police to withold certain details so that they can filter reports and claims from witnesses etc, but to use the press as an investigative tool to 'fool' potential ligitants would be a serious matter. We need, and largely have I think, a free, independent and objective press...<snip>

Respectfully snipped.

Sorry if this has already been answered, i am lagging behind once again, lol.
Yes, it is in the best interest of the MSM to sensationalise their stories, as this is how they sell their papers etc. It should be common knowledge that this occurs, Unfortunately, there are quite a few individuals who completely believe everything they read.
I have family members who do this (mostly elderly ones, who grew up with a more innocent outlook), and it is frustrating to have to continuously quell their fears when a story about crime, or a health scare, for example, gets them in to such a state about 'how dangerous the world is these days' :rolleyes:.

As for the relationship between media and police; well, it does exist symbiotically; police definitely do not have complete control over the media.

It is certainly a love hate relationship - police do use the media as an important gateway to the public, to appeal to them for information in order to assist during investigations etc. In return, the police allow the media access to (usually limited) information on crimes.

The negative side of this relationship occurs if information is leaked, or when 'off-the-record' info is published, as well as where media reporting may jeopardise a case (as we have discussed in this thread already). The media also have the ability to negatively influence public perception of police (as you have shown, Hawkins, with your 'senior officer' example), although, this can be positive for police too, when media portray them in a good light. Further, police are often blamed for the information, or lack thereof, that the media publishes in regards to crime.

The media can become frustrated with police over lack of information on particular cases, and, at times, the police may completely suppress the flow of communication to the media.
The police may occasionally use the media strategically, in order to suggest to the public that they do or do not have particular knowledge, however, they are more likely to offer 'no comment', rather than reveal what they do know :winko:.

As our justice system is based on a foundation of transparency, it is likely that the majority of strategic use of the media is above board. At least, we should hope it is!

:cheers:

Today I spoke to someone very close to the initial investigation of Allison's disappearance (I had no idea someone close to me was in any way working on this case). GBC was suspect number 1 from day 1. The very first properties searched for Allison were empty houses on his property listings (both sale and rentals). It was discovered he had conducted his affair at empty houses. The police were always searching for a body. A huge argument was heard both the night she disappeared and the previous night from the house. The screams heard further away the Thursday night are unrelated to the case. The investigators assumed in the early stages that it was an argument that escalated, not pre-planned. The search area was incredibly dense and difficult at times and there were many areas on properties unreachable. All rumor I know and IMO..

Until a verified psychiatrist can tell me that GBC is a narcissist/sociopath or similar, I can't take other members' assessment/observations/opinions as it being a fact. However his ancestors were, it should not be included in any assessment/observations/judgement of him. IMO.

As for your first sentence, yes, I can understand that. Don't understand your second sentence...typo? maybe you mean "whoever"? - and yes, I do agree with that also.

Where I come from is a place of experience. But that doesn't mean I am a psychiatrist or anything like that...I just speak from my experience, that's all.

Today I spoke to someone very close to the initial investigation of Allison's disappearance (I had no idea someone close to me was in any way working on this case). GBC was suspect number 1 from day 1. The very first properties searched for Allison were empty houses on his property listings (both sale and rentals). It was discovered he had conducted his affair at empty houses. The police were always searching for a body. A huge argument was heard both the night she disappeared and the previous night from the house. The screams heard further away the Thursday night are unrelated to the case. The investigators assumed in the early stages that it was an argument that escalated, not pre-planned. The search area was incredibly dense and difficult at times and there were many areas on properties unreachable. All rumor I know and IMO..

So if it was a argument that escalated and not premeditated I wonder what the evidence was that caused an arrest for murder and not manslaughter. Whatever it is that evidence would be the evidence that would deny him bail IMO

Where there is an empty house there is a pest inspector not far away

So if it was a argument that escalated and not premeditated I wonder what the evidence was that caused an arrest for murder and not manslaughter. Whatever it is that evidence would be the evidence that would deny him bail IMO

I've always been slightly leaning toward GBC being innocent. I think it was more about me WANTING him to be for the sake of his kids and extended family. This discussion today completely changed my mind. As I said though, this person worked on her disappearance, not murder so with regard to the murder v manslaughter charge perhaps my friend would not be privy to further info? They've locked info from this case down pretty securely IMO.

[=possumheart;8057971]Where there is an empty house there is a pest inspector not far away[/QUOTE]

:laugh::giggle:

I've always been slightly leaning toward GBC being innocent. I think it was more about me WANTING him to be for the sake of his kids and extended family. This discussion today completely changed my mind. As I said though, this person worked on her disappearance, not murder so with regard to the murder v manslaughter charge perhaps my friend would not be privy to further info? They've locked info from this case down pretty securely IMO.

I agree with your sentiments and have thought like wise previously. I really wanted it to be someone else for the sake of the children.Wishful thinking always. I would think there is something very crucial in the evidence (so far kept secret) that will answer a lot of the questions we have asked. I think it will be revealed in the application for bail hearing.If he had been arrested on manslaughter I would have been pretty confident that he'd get bail. Not so for murder.Have to wait and see.

As for your first sentence, yes, I can understand that. Don't understand your second sentence...typo? maybe you mean "whoever"? - and yes, I do agree with that also.

Where I come from is a place of experience. But that doesn't mean I am a psychiatrist or anything like that...I just speak from my experience, that's all.

Yes, sorry, meant to type "whoever". I respect you come from a place of experience and my comment is not directed to anybody in particular. It's just that am not convinced he is a narcissist/psychopath and I still believe this murder was the result of an argument that went too far and not necessarily related to any disturbed personality disorders, etc. of the alleged perp.

My dad retired earlier than my mum. They had alot of rental properties so my dad took over their management. He had lady friends that he met in empty houses :(

I think it boils down to the manner in which she was killed (i.e. not a push that landed her against the corner of the coffee table, but more like strangulation). IMO.

My dad retired earlier than my mum. They had alot of rental properties so my dad took over their management. He had lady friends that he met in empty houses :(

%#@$&^!*%$$# !!!!what can one say. I am so sad for your mum, you and your family.I'll bet it's that last thing that would ever have occurred to your mum could/would happen ever.
It's so sad these things happen :(

My dad retired earlier than my mum. They had alot of rental properties so my dad took over their management. He had lady friends that he met in empty houses :([/QUOTE)

%#@$&^!*%$$# !!!!what can one say. I am so sad for your mum, you and your family.I'll bet it's that last thing that would ever have occurred to you mum could/would happen ever.
It's so sad these things happen :(

My mum sorted him out. Scratched his face though. :)

I think it boils down to the manner in which she was killed (i.e. not a push that landed her against the corner of the coffee table, but more like strangulation). IMO.

I have always thought that strangulation would have been hard to prove given the state of the body when found . It was stated in the CM that decomposition was advanced.(I just hate saying that) After 10 days in those elements I have always thought that if murder was evident at the time Allison was found it would be more like a puncture wound of some kind or an unusual fracture (that couldn't be the result of a fall) which I suppose could happen in strangulation. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE