ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This reeks of the sound of premeditation.

I always hope that in spousal murder cases, it was a spur of the moment issue where a huge fight occurred and while emotions were at their peek, so happened the murder. It doesn't make the killer innocent, but it does seem to take the bite off a little for me.

In the case of premeditation, it chills me to the bone! Could it be because the thought of someone thinking about murdering for days and days - the one they promised to love and honor, the mother of their children - is too evil to imagine?

Kimster I agree, while it doesn't mean its acceptable for someone to murder their spouse(or anyone) in a spur of the moment fit of rage or the likes. It somehow makes it just that little bit less horrendous than the thought of pure out and out evil(for want of a better word), intent and planning to deliberately take anothers life.

I think the relationship between police and the media is a fascinating one. From what I have seen it hasn't tended to be one of extremes. For example, the police do not control the media or try to dupe them into acting on their behalf - that relationship would crash and burn very quickly. Conversely, I don't believe the media acts with disregard for the outcome of an investigation. Mostly I believe there is a delicate balance between the two professions, whereby the police understand that a significant story will be vigorously pursued by the media and that working with them (up to a point) is beneficial. It really depends on the specific officers coordinating the case and their prior experience with certain journos, coupled with the advantages and disadvantages of releasing certain information. If a cop feels as if he/she has been burned by the media in the past they won't feel such a compulsion to share.

Thank you factfinda for a describing the relationship between the media and the QPS, for those of us that wonder but don't know. Very respectfully written IMO.

IMO the Family Court operates on a “ sort it out between yourselves or we will sort it out for you and you both may not like what we decide”. These cases are tough , emotional and life changing and no matter what the result, will always stay with the children throughout their life. We can t control the minds of “ the other half/ ex half” , we can only focus on what we can do best for our children and make decisions on what we have at the time in experience, gut instinct and of course money. I sincerely hope that all is well and has worked out fine for you.

BBM

I agree with your opinion (bolded). When applying for a divorce, the judge only asked me questions as to the living arrangements of our child (my ex didn't show up), if she would remain in the same school, description of the property where I lived, if she had her own bedroom and what size, etc. and what arrangements we had agreed upon between ourselves for her to spend time with Dad. Nothing more.

Why is this particularly telling? Surely that would occur in the normal course of a bail hearing - prosecutors are naturally trying to keep him behind bars, and they would need to produce some evidence to do so. It sounds like normal article filler to me.

I'm interested in the whole 'premeditation' part of this case as it pertains to murder. I'm not sure of the legal definition of premeditation, but murder is the intent to kill and as a result of this, someone dies. But intent to kill can still be a spur of the moment thing can't it? In other words, a rage that ensues as a consequence of some dispute, and in that rage the person means to kill the victim i.e. you can't be convicted of murder if you just push someone over and they fall and hit their head on the coffee table and die. That would be manslaughter would it not?

So in order to successfully bring a murder charge, the police and prosecutors must be very sure that the perp did intend to kill the victim, not just injure them, when committing the crime. Where the premeditation part comes in I am not sure - if it means the crime was planned, or whether the perp just said to themselves, I'm going to kill this person now, and did. And the prosecutors can prove it, e.g. cutting someones throat is murder, because you would know that that is going to kill your victim.

I'm prepared to bet a substantial amount that some of the accused's Googling activity in the week prior to the murder will be brought up at this bail hearing ... MOO.

IMO the Family Court operates on a “ sort it out between yourselves or we will sort it out for you and you both may not like what we decide”.

I respect your knowledge, plentyofnous, and I think you have plenty of it...nous, that is.

But we weren't given the option of 'sorting it out'. We (ie the boys and I) were given two alternatives: see the father or see the father.....

As bizarre as that article is, I can't judge the great-grandson for whatever that man did or was. Otherwise, I would have to judge most of the population of Australia as being descendants of/linked to convicts/criminals. IMO.

hahahaha...some of the population may be descended from "criminals" whose biggest crime was probably to steal a loaf of bread to feed their children.

I respect your knowledge, plentyofnous, and I think you have plenty of it...nous, that is.

But we weren't given the option of 'sorting it out'. We (ie the boys and I) were given two alternatives: see the father or see the father.....

I thank you for your comment, IMO unfortunately some people just should not be allowed to be parents , by the time most people arrive at the court and the matter heard, its then and only then they think "what just happened", the bill is shoved in our hands and we are on our merry way out the door, full of knowledge which we wished we would have known before we went in, terrible system, but only one we have

hahahaha...some of the population may be descended from "criminals" whose biggest crime was probably to steal a loaf of bread to feed their children.

LOL great post, better get on Ancestry.com myself before i write again

As bizarre as that article is, I can't judge the great-grandson for whatever that man did or was. Otherwise, I would have to judge most of the population of Australia as being descendants of/linked to convicts/criminals. IMO.

I can see that the Great-grandfather being everything to so many could have contributed to narcissism though. The connection has been a major contribution to GBC's ego as we can see through speeches and blogs which have been linked in earlier threads.

This is an interesting article, West Aust Criminal Law are very similar

Thoughts anyone
http://www.cla.asn.au/0805/index.php/opinion/bail-law-should-presume-innocence

My thoughts are that yes, until the actual verdict, presumption of innocence should prevail. In that particular case, the children are teenagers, hence they have a voice. Little ones don't have a voice. Also, it appears the evidence was circumstantial only. However, I believe bail conditions should be very, very strict, including only supervised contact with any children, which I believe would provide a fair balance as to minimise risk to the children and allow them having contact with the parent vs. potentially being at risk and not having contact at all.

The big problem is the current lengthy stays in remand that all these people face. That is just so wrong and unfair! Govt should give priority to reduce these times by providing the additional resources needed to expedite this. Some people on remand may really be innocent (not just presumed innocent).

My thoughts are that yes, until the actual verdict, presumption of innocence should prevail. In that particular case, the children are teenagers, hence they have a voice. Little ones don't have a voice. Also, it appears the evidence was circumstantial only. However, I believe bail conditions should be very, very strict, including only supervised contact with any children, which I believe would provide a fair balance as to minimise risk to the children and allow them having contact with the parent vs. potentially being at risk and not having contact at all.

The big problem is the current lengthy stays in remand that all these people face. That is just so wrong and unfair! Govt should give priority to reduce these times by providing the additional resources needed to expedite this. Some people on remand may really be innocent (not just presumed innocent).

Good Post, I wonder how many Supreme Court Judges could have been appointed with the money spent on Qld Health Payroll Debacle

I can see that the Great-grandfather being everything to so many could have contributed to narcissism though. The connection has been a major contribution to GBC's ego as we can see through speeches and blogs which have been linked in earlier threads.

I understand your point, however I cannot judge GBC as being a narcissist/sociopath or whatever, because I don't know the man. I am also no expert in that field. If and when an assessment is made of his personality after being on remand (which I doubt will ever be made public), then I would change my mind, but until then, I still believe he is an insecure man who had to boast about what he was/had to make himself appear as a secure and successful individual to his family/friends/business associates. IMO.

... still convicts!

And still very many more generations removed from our psyches, and less notorious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member