ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with you on that Case Closed. I can tell you that if my mother,( who in her later working life worked at a police station), were to think that I had any involvement in the disapearance of a spouse ,she would disown me and urge me to hand myself in. Now I don't know what EBC felt towards GBC , but there is no way she would even let me be under the same roof as her.

I have thought about this too. I don't know what I would do, because I only have one child and I went through a lot of problems (7 years) to be able to have a child. Would I protect her and keep quiet? Or, would I insist she gives herself up? Or, would I tell the police? I really don't know what I would do in those circumstances.

good night all, thank you for your postings and thoughts

Bail hearing will be a humdinger i am sure

I have thought about this too. I don't know what I would do, because I only have one child and I went through a lot of problems (7 years) to be able to have a child. Would I protect her and keep quiet? Or, would I insist she gives herself up? Or, would I tell the police? I really don't know what I would do in those circumstances.

Yes everyone is different I guess based on their own life circumstances. I just know that I am a similar age to GBC , and that my mother has very good intuition and no matter how good I presented my side of the story if I were in this position (i.e same set of facts ...wife found in creek bed after exhaustive search by police and others) and maintained my silence , she just would not believe my innocence and wouldn't have a bar of it and well fair enough. I would love to know what the rules are in that house in Kenmore.

I believe some people - enraged - could kill someone, without truly meaning to do so. I look back - in horror - at what my ex-husband did to me and our children. Any one of us could have been killed in one of his rages, very nearly were. By the grace of God, we are all still here. I can't imagine anyone knowingly killing someone. :moo:

Yes, you are right, people can kill someone when enraged. And maybe in some cases could attack severely without intending to actually murder but somehow they hit too hard, for example, and do end up killing them. But I believe that for a lot of them they actually do mean it, in the moment they do actually want to eliminate the person. Hard to understand if you are not that type of person, but what I'm saying is that just because they want to kill someone and only get that desire in a few minutes or so, doesnt mean they dont want to kill them.

Also, it just occurred to me in trying to explain this, and also sparked a bit by what you said heloise, that it could be that the real 'accident' in many cases of severe domestic violence is that you don't get killed? Meaning that the attacker really did want to kill you but didnt go far enough to actually do it - more of a fluke it didnt happen? (I'm not saying in your case, but just that it made me think).

I understand it's hard to accept that there are murderers, therefore hard to accept the way their minds work. I think perhaps because of the whole confronting and frightening nature of murder, and what a murderer is, that people try to put a positive, less horrible spin on it and the murderers nature and intent.

I believe in general, people now-a-days are less respectful of other people than say 100 years ago. It would be interesting to know what the sats say about murder percentages of now and then.

Yes, you are right, people can kill someone when enraged. And maybe in some cases could attack severely without intending to actually murder but somehow they hit too hard, for example, and do end up killing them. But I believe that for a lot of them they actually do mean it, in the moment they do actually want to eliminate the person. Hard to understand if you are not that type of person, but what I'm saying is that just because they want to kill someone and only get that desire in a few minutes or so, doesnt mean they dont want to kill them.

Also, it just occurred to me in trying to explain this, and also sparked a bit by what you said heloise, that it could be that the real 'accident' in many cases of severe domestic violence is that you don't get killed? Meaning that the attacker really did want to kill you but didnt go far enough to actually do it - more of a fluke it didnt happen? (I'm not saying in your case, but just that it made me think).

I understand it's hard to accept that there are murderers, therefore hard to accept the way their minds work. I think perhaps because of the whole confronting and frightening nature of murder, and what a murderer is, that people try to put a positive, less horrible spin on it and the murderers nature and intent.

Very good perspective put forward here. If you were in a position of being in a domestic situation that went too far, even if your intentions were not good to begin with, surely you would have to fess up early and attempt to get your charge downgraded to manslughter. This to my mind is part of what separates the murderers.

I believe in general, people now-a-days are less respectful of other people than say 100 years ago. It would be interesting to know what the sats say about murder percentages of now and then.

I'd have to agree. You just have to listen to the news to see how disposable our lives have become to some people. What gets me is the number of elderly people who are viciously attacked. WTH?? How gutless can a person be? Anyway, that is getting off topic.

Yes you are right, but I think that in addition to the considerations you mentioned, they do take into account the overall weight of evidence. I think one of our more legally minded people here mentioned that one factor that could be put forward by defence lawyers in a bail application is that the evidence is mainly circumstantial and unlikely to gain a conviction. But i dont think they go into detail re the evidence. This is what i understood of the general gist of it after reading some recent posts.

This is my first post. I have read your posts with great interest from the very start and have enjoyed them immensely.

Yes, I agree with itsthevibe (and CaseClosed at post 662 of this thread). According to section 16 of the Bail Act 1980 (Qld) and IMO, the Court can refuse to grant bail to GBC if the Court is satisfied that GBC should remain in custody for his own protection or that there is an unacceptable risk that if GBC is released on bail he would either:

(A) fail to appear at the trial; or
(B) while released on bail:
• commits an offence; or
• endangers the safety or welfare of a person; or
• interferes with witnesses or otherwise obstructs the course of justice.​

The factors taken into consideration in assessing whether GBC poses an unacceptable risk if granted bail, include:
"(a) the nature and seriousness of the offence; and
(b) the character, antecedents, associations, home environment, employment and background of the defendant; and
(c) the history of any previous grants of bail to the defendant; and
(d) the strength of the evidence against the defendant
..." [refer to Section 16(2) of the Bail Act 1980].​

IMO, if bail is refused, the trial is likely to be set for an earlier date than if bail is granted. IMO, in the event that bail is refused, the time in remand is likely to be taken into consideration in sentencing GBC (that is if he is found guilty).

I'd have to agree. You just have to listen to the news to see how disposable our lives have become to some people. What gets me is the number of elderly people who are viciously attacked. WTH?? How gutless can a person be? Anyway, that is getting off topic.

Yes, it is very sad. Also, just look at what kids get up to in Facebook.

Well, I'm off to slumberland. Good Night all.

hmm i was just watching a dvd

The guy had a wife
It was then found that his secretary was his lover
His lover suggested that they get rid of his wife
His wife was then murdered :(
The husband was confident that he could commit the perfect crime
The husband then became the chief suspect in the murder but didn't do it

Except for the last line does anyone think it's kind of like this case? And yes i'm a sook i cried the whole way through the movie :( :( The last couple of days i have been really down about this case. It kind of feels like i knew Allison and it breaks my heart for the three beautiful girls and the family. I just can't understand how anyone can do this

Yes everyone is different I guess based on their own life circumstances. I just know that I am a similar age to GBC , and that my mother has very good intuition and no matter how good I presented my side of the story if I were in this position (i.e same set of facts ...wife found in creek bed after exhaustive search by police and others) and maintained my silence , she just would not believe my innocence and wouldn't have a bar of it and well fair enough. I would love to know what the rules are in that house in Kenmore.

Well if indeed he does have a narcissistic personality disorder, I would vote that at least the mother would protect him no matter what. The NPD person I know has a totally fawning mother and the son could do no wrong, which is how I think his personality developed that way.

Yes, it is very sad. Also, just look at what kids get up to in Facebook.

Well, I'm off to slumberland. Good Night all.

I know what you mean, there's so much of it everywhere you look. Even the young kids are into it now. How are they going to be when they grow up? Bullying, murders, rapes, there's just so much of it now. Once, when someone got out of line the police could give them a kick up the butt and tell them to be on their way... it usually worked too. Sadly, so many have no respect for police these days. Some of the things I see make me cringe... adults going on infront of their kids. Even schools have to ban some parents from entering the grounds now. I am scared of the world my kids are growing up in.

Yes I guess so Nads, not sure what to make of the accused or his family. The family of the victim seem to be very easy to read, they seem very loving and caring ... very genuine people experiencing real grief and sadness.

Thankyou for the link. I noticed in this one it says

Asked if anyone else could be charged in connection with Mrs Baden-Clay's death, Detective Superintendent Mark Ainsworth said he could not comment

The other day it was said that they were in the understanding noone else would be charged. I wonder if someone else is going to be charged because i remember when Detective Ainsworth was asked if GBC was a suspect he said he couldn't comment too

Thankyou. :) Interesting that the answer is now 'can not comment' in regards to there being further arrests. Maybe there will be??

oooops i apologise we must have been typing at the same time. I put a message about this too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr