ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be much more interesting if our on line names were used and we were dressed as some of the avatars displayed and turned up at court for duty

haha... I think I'd have to change my avatar before that. :floorlaugh:

I know next to nothing about custody laws and family law but I was thinking the change of custody to the Dickies is telling, certainly at this point in time.

What if the police have (GBC's) parents involvement on file somehow and so QPS need to keep the kids out of the BC scenario completely. I know QPS have said 'no more arrests' and then 'at this stage we cannot confirm that there be no more arrests'. (To me this sounds like the same ole story we were strung along with when GBC was a suspect and then not a person of interest, no comment at this time sort of stuff.)

The girls would not be allowed to stay with relatives implicated in the murder of ABC so perhaps this is why they have allowed them to be with the Dickies. The BC's were looking after GBC for the 8 weeks that he was 'not talking' to police. In my mind this in itself is disturbing, did the parents know of his alleged guilt, because this could be effectively aiding and abetting a criminal.

OW was questioned leading up to the arrest and I would think logically that if EBC and NBC would have been questioned and had cooperated with the police then they would still have the girls - would not speaking to the police cause concern for suspicion to detectives? And could this impact on BC's custody of the girls.

In terms of stability I think the Dickies would be the superior carers. MOO However, the Brookflied school and the girls' friends are all around where EBC and NBC live and would cause the least disruption to their life at this point. (But probably a minor consideration after their ordeal to date.)

No more talk from TM (maybe that is because of her lawyer.)

IMO imo

I just soooooooooo want to know what's in his gotcha bag!!!!!!!!!..lol.

One thing I am sure he has got is a record of every single phone call GBC has made for years, and who called him and how long the calls lasted.

I have to concede the one smart thing GBC did was to say nothing.
Today I watched a police interview with the accused in NZ's high profile trial that is going on the moment.
Fascinating watching the accused squirm and lie and come up with all sorts of excuses, because at that stage he didn't know his co offender had confessed but we did.!!!
The police had evidence of calls he made for the past few years, how many seconds they lasted etc etc.
So really QLD police have been brilliant to get this far with someone who hasn't said a word and lawyered up immediately.

One thing I am sure he has got is a record of every single phone call GBC has made for years, and who called him and how long the calls lasted.

Today I watched a police interview with the accused in NZ's high profile trial that is going on the moment.
Fascinating watching the accused squirm and lie and come up with all sorts of excuses, because at that stage he didn't know his co offender had confessed but we did.!!!
The police had evidence of calls he made for the past few years, how many seconds they lasted etc etc.
So really QLD police have been brilliant to get this far with someone who hasn't said a word and lawyered up immediately.

thursday, 2.30 imo is when we will see how great a job they have done
I do agree that they appear to be doing a very thorough , well managed, strategic investigation in the circumstances of a high profile legal team arriving at the coal face very early on
A credit to the QPS in the circumstances under immense public pressure IMO

I understand that witnesses scheduled for the trial will not be named at the bail hearing, for good and plenty reasons ) but some of the content of their claims will be, is that correct?

Yes Kiwi that is going to be sooo interesting to see what transpires from his phone calls...ahhh the wonders of technology & oh to be a fly on the wall down at ACC in Melborne!!!

I still want to know whether or not he made that first call to police to report Allison missing....

....just my opinion.

I still want to know whether or not he made that first call to police to report Allison missing....

....just my opinion.

imo....

I think he had to, Marly.. he, and only he could make that call. The timing was off, but it was imperative that he be the one to notice her missing. And to do that, he has to be at the place where she went missing from. The report couldnt come from anywhere else. say.. at his work, or .. you know , at the airport, or at a breakfast business.. the police would naturally say, well. how do you know she is missing?? or how long she's been missing? So he has to be there. At that house. Where she went missing from. Awkward.

I would love to hear a recording of that report..

Yes Kiwi that is going to be sooo interesting to see what transpires from his phone calls...ahhh the wonders of technology & oh to be a fly on the wall down at ACC in Melborne!!!

....just my opinion.

I may have misheard, but I thought the computers/phones were sent to ACC in Canberra?

And .. it couldnt wait until someone else misses Allison. like... a call from where she was expected, a family member.. he has to control this part of it. The entire story stands or falls on it.

Just thought I'd post these few paragraphs as I thought I remembered reading GBC would be at the bail application on Thursday...

June 19, 2012 12:00AM

Neither side is likely to reveal details of their application before the hearing. Baden-Clay is not expected to be in court for his bail application.

The prosecution, in its bid to keep the accused killer behind bars, will have to convince the presiding judge that Baden-Clay is either a risk of re-offending, could interfere with witnesses, may fail to appear at future court appearances or flee the jurisdiction.

While it is rare for an accused murderer to be granted bail, it can be in special cases provided certain conditions are met.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...bail-application/story-e6freon6-1226398961608

Also from above report...

Respected barrister Peter Davis, SC, is expected to represent Baden-Clay at the bail application, although this could not be confirmed

Just thought I'd post these few paragraphs as I thought I remembered reading GBC would be at the bail application on Thursday...

June 19, 2012 12:00AM

Neither side is likely to reveal details of their application before the hearing. Baden-Clay is not expected to be in court for his bail application.

The prosecution, in its bid to keep the accused killer behind bars, will have to convince the presiding judge that Baden-Clay is either a risk of re-offending, could interfere with witnesses, may fail to appear at future court appearances or flee the jurisdiction.

While it is rare for an accused murderer to be granted bail, it can be in special cases provided certain conditions are met.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...bail-application/story-e6freon6-1226398961608

Also from above report...

Respected barrister Peter Davis, SC, is expected to represent Baden-Clay at the bail application, although this could not be confirmed

UBM

... Mr Davis may not have received his deposit?

imo....

I think he had to, Marly.. he, and only he could make that call. The timing was off, but it was imperative that he be the one to notice her missing. And to do that, he has to be at the place where she went missing from. The report couldnt come from anywhere else. say.. at his work, or .. you know , at the airport, or at a breakfast business.. the police would naturally say, well. how do you know she is missing?? or how long she's been missing? So he has to be there. At that house. Where she went missing from. Awkward.

I don't know...it has just never made sense to me...you kill someone, clean up then call police!?!?...they'd be the last you'd want coming around. If Allison was going to that conference he would have had all day to do whatever...clean the house inside out & upside down.

I've been saying for weeks I'd love to hear a recording if in fact he did make that call...lol. USA releases all that type of thing to public...

imo....

With respect Trooper could you please explain your view,particularly re timing being out. I recall you saying this before and did not understand why then either.

I know next to nothing about custody laws and family law but I was thinking the change of custody to the Dickies is telling, certainly at this point in time.

What if the police have (GBC's) parents involvement on file somehow and so QPS need to keep the kids out of the BC scenario completely. I know QPS have said 'no more arrests' and then 'at this stage we cannot confirm that there be no more arrests'. (To me this sounds like the same ole story we were strung along with when GBC was a suspect and then not a person of interest, no comment at this time sort of stuff.)

The girls would not be allowed to stay with relatives implicated in the murder of ABC so perhaps this is why they have allowed them to be with the Dickies. The BC's were looking after GBC for the 8 weeks that he was 'not talking' to police. In my mind this in itself is disturbing, did the parents know of his alleged guilt, because this could be effectively aiding and abetting a criminal.

OW was questioned leading up to the arrest and I would think logically that if EBC and NBC would have been questioned and had cooperated with the police then they would still have the girls - would not speaking to the police cause concern for suspicion to detectives? And could this impact on BC's custody of the girls.

In terms of stability I think the Dickies would be the superior carers. MOO However, the Brookflied school and the girls' friends are all around where EBC and NBC live and would cause the least disruption to their life at this point. (But probably a minor consideration after their ordeal to date.)

No more talk from TM (maybe that is because of her lawyer.)

There could possibly be a nice house to rent soon, close to the school, friends, and familiar surroundings. JIMO

If the story is that she is missing.. she has to be missing from somewhere.. there has to be a start time that she is missing at. It cant be vague. That is, at some time, she isnt missing, then at a certain time, she is. She was at one place.. then she isnt, or hasnt returned to that place.

His noticing of her missing cannot go on all day.. or days. without reporting it, really. And it's dicey leaving it up to someone else outside the control of it to be the person reporting her missing to the police. That would be unlikely generally, because they would call HIM first. If Allison didnt turn up, or come to the phone, say, its unlikely that anyone else OTHER than Gerard would be calling the police. So he has to. It wont work if he has to explain to others that she went for a walk, hasnt returned and its now Sunday. Big red flag.

Just noticed a shopfront on the corner of Moggill Rd. (near the old Coffee Club, now Rosa Mexicana) with Century 21 Westside Real Estate Signage on windows. Doors were cello-d shut. Looks New? Hmmmm

can anyone verify the vacuum cleaner bag story?(Marly, link queen?) traces of pollen perhaps?

also, how will we know us @ cricket?

If the C21 office has been relocated again to the above address, I can't see anybody else but the BC seniors being back at work trying to keep it alive. If they provided funds at some stage, they must keep their investment producing an income for their sake too.

There has been talk on here that GBC doesn't have to be present at the Hearing for bail. A lot could be revealed in a gut reaction sense ( to the Magistrate ?? not sure judge or magistrate)from his reaction, facial expression and body language ,when hearing the evidence against him I would think.At the end of the day one person will decide if bail will be granted or not if I'm correct.If it a touch and go decision I think his presence would be beneficial. I think he should have to be there but that's my humble opinion.Having said that could the person presiding and granting the bail be allowed to be influenced by what I have suggested? They are only human after all and it could be a hard call. If GBC heard the evidence against him he would have to react I am sure.If this post is out of line please tell me. Just thinking about it as I was driving home MOOO

imo....

Could there have been the possiblity that Allison tried to call 000 (just dialled) and not got through... The operators would have been able to still get the number who it belonged to and surely would have looked into it at some stage to see if it would have been a hoax or not.. 000 operators do have direct connection with police don't they ?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie